Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: (212) 221-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
865 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (694)special occasion (330)fit for foodies (319)great for lunch (308)kid-friendly (248)hot spot (213)neighborhood gem (204)vibrant bar scene (102)late-night find (99)romantic (74)notable wine list (67)great for brunch (43)great for outdoor dining (34)scenic view (12)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great food, big family style portions. You will walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysApexntDined on 11/22/2014Only thing I have negative to say about this place is it is always hard to get in. But that to be expected. Once you get in the rest is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food; family style.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Excellent Italian cuisine served family style. If you have a party fewer than four be prepared to take home a doggie bag. Wait staff knowledgeable and helpful, vibrant atmosphere in the heart of NYC theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway GemM1ReviewDined on 11/22/2014We always go to Carmine's when seeing a Broadway show. Best location and BIG food. YUMMYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Everything was great! So much food and so Good! Service was excellent and fast. We will be back next year.Special Features:
- The service was great & everyone loved the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We had a large party heading to the theater and they were very good about pacing food so we did not feel rushed. The chicken parmigiana was voted the best dish by the group! We all agree we would eat here again in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Waiter Ryan was great. The food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Will recommend to all of our friends. Cannot wait to return and try more of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff is always prompt and courteous .CoastGuard66Dined on 11/21/2014Food has always been outstanding and Waitress was helpful and courteous . Our family always makes this a MUST stop after the Radio City Christmas Show each year. We have been coming to Carmine's for over 10 years and have always bee served promptly and food is outstanding. Prices are reasonable for our family of 9. Would recommend this to anyone spending time in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent fishMariDined on 11/20/2014went for lunch with my spouse. excellent service and ambiance, spacious. The portions were too large for just 2. Great for groups, but not couples unless you take food home. we ordered salad as the appetizer...$24, it was enough to feed 4-5 people, and a difficult item to take home (it was however delicious, except for the very cold tomato,). Its preference, but i prefer tomatos room temp rather than out of the frig. We ordered fish for an entree, (perfectly cooked), but again, so much for just 2 people. The bread for the table was served cold, not even room temp. Again, maybe thats preference. I like warm bread. Wine was reasonably priced, not served in a traditional wine glass. (they were available if you ask for one). We'd go back, but with a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tootsDined on 11/17/2014we came from reno nv to visit nyc and carmines was a must eat at destination always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDani190Dined on 11/16/2014Carmines never disappoints. Every time we go to New York we reserve a table at this gem. Be sure to try the chicken parm and veal parm. Drinks are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and noiseyAce1Dined on 11/16/2014Food was good although it came to table only lukewarm and a bit cold. Had to send first dish back to be reheated. Once hot very good. Too noisey to have conversations but that was expected. Service was ok nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTRAORDINARY !!JolonjoDined on 11/16/2014The food and service was wonderful! Wait staff was very attentive and pleasant. The food was outstanding. It's one of our favorites when we visit NYC and look forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Carmine's on 44th tradition!JeffDined on 11/16/2014Carmine's is a must stop for us on our annual theater weekend to NYC! A great place for dinner before a show or after a Sunday matinee. Always better for a group of people due to big portions but just the two of us have learned how to order so we can enjoy the place and not be over stuffed. Our favorite waiter - Leo - is a gem! Even though we are only there once or twice a year and we live 2,500 miles away, Leo remembers us by name and can usually bring me a martini just the way I like it without being reminded. Carmines on 44th is a tradition we will keep as long as we continue to return to New York CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gramma425Dined on 11/16/2014Great staff, great food, great time! Staff put up with changes in our reservation due to errors on the part of the tour bus company. Waiters, bus boys, waitresses, etc. all very helpful, polite, and working their tails off to accommodate the crowded restaurant. Very pleasant experience, as I made the reservation for 6 ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient at ChristmasPurplekateDined on 11/16/2014Our group of six enjoyed a wonderful lunch before going to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. It's a short walk to the Rockefeller Center tree and Radio City. Fun, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmimes os the bestMunchkinVIPDined on 11/16/2014I l ove Carmines!!!It is my go to whne I am in New YorkSpecial Features:
- Love Carmine's!!LadydiDined on 11/16/2014Going to Carmine's is just part of a great day in NYC. They just go hand in hand.Special Features:
- Second time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Mix of never before and natives. Never disappoints. As always food and service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the 16th of November.duffy1958Dined on 11/16/2014We love Carmine's when we come to New Yotk. Good food good service and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time here and I enjoyed itRysmom8702Dined on 11/15/2014Carmine's in Times Square was a great choice for dinner. It was my birthday and also my first time eating at any Carmine's. I definitely recommend the calamari and the shrimp parmigiana. My family and I really had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, but service is lackingGailDined on 11/15/2014The value for the amount of food you get is exceptional at Carmine's. The food is served family style with large portions and all the food was very good. However, they do not have enough menus. We asked our waiter for menus and he curtly told us we had to read off the board. The board that we could see was blocked by a large plant, so we really did not know what was on the menu. So, I would recommend looking at the menu on line and printing your own copy if you decide to go. It is one of the most popular restaurants in New York, so it is always crowded. If that is what you are looking for and if you don't want a lot of attention from the server, then this is a good place. If you would like to have an attentive server and an atmosphere where you can have a good conversation at your table, I would recommend looking for a different restaurant.
- Pleasantly PleaseNunziaDined on 11/15/2014The food & service was delicious!! First time here and we were all very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjonfDined on 11/15/2014I got the chicken parm with my girlfriend. it was undoubtedly the greatest chicken I have ever put in my mouth. (I probably would have left her for it, does that say more about the chicken or less about her? lol) perfectly done and he spaghetti was excellent as well. not a great view, obviously but there's plenty of paintings to look at inside to compensate for the lack of external views. portions are huge. we had left overs which I hate for lunch the next day. also, the tiramisu was excellent. absutley delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not practical with less than 6 people... but....BrooklynDined on 11/15/2014We knew that so we planned accordingly. We know the ropes and ordered for our guests. Everything is served in huge family style portions, we ordered a salad, antipasto plate, Rigatoni country style (always a hit and devoured), and chicken parm. Our group of six left stuffed! The food is wonderful and a food highlight of every trip. We were glad we made reservations in advance, minimizing the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahamaMamasDined on 11/15/2014Carmine's is always a wonderful dining experience. There were six of us and with drinks, salad, two entrees, coffee and dessert the bill only came to $65.00 per couple! Where else in NYC can you get such great quality food at such a resonable price! The family style portions were more than enough. If we weren't going to a show, we would have had a doggie bag to bring home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Everything we ordered was very good and we had enough food for the people at our table. The service was excellent. 'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great for groups, way too much food for two, food is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, huge plates.IsmaelPRDined on 11/14/2014Excellent food in huge plates. We always has a family dinner or lunch when visiting NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!TexasMarlaDined on 11/14/2014The stuffed artichokes were out of this world. The staff were excellent and very kind. When I visit New York again, this will be my first stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta do Carmines in NYCDeedsDined on 11/13/2014If you visit NYC you gotta do Carmines. Huge portions of excellent Italian food, family style, this place is a must do for NYC tourist. It's loud, and usually packed- get ypur reservation early like I do on OpenTable!!!! One of our NYC favs when we are in town for a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014Service was excellent. Dinner was really really delicious. My favorite restaurant in Manhattan Theater District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a hurry? No problem!GoCougsDined on 11/11/2014There were two of us and it was a day of rush rush rush! We arrived at Carmine's around 2 pm, and had tickets for the 3 pm Radio City Christmas Spectacular. That gave us about 40 minutes (tops) to order and eat before walking to the theater! Our waitress was absolutely the best, getting us in and out. She made suggestions for quick food, got our check in a timely manner, and we were on our merry way. Sure it's much more fun to sit, relax, talk, eat a leisurely lunch and then go to a show, but hey! This was still great. One more thing--ALWAYS order the salad of the day when you go!Special Features:
- Great foodIamJavoneDined on 11/11/2014So I decided to take some of my associates out to lunch to thank them for a job well done. The food was great. The service was good. The family style eating is amazing. There was so much food in the table. Lol. I would surely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My All Time FavoriteSamename123Dined on 11/11/2014We love to eat at Carmine's in NYC. We have introduced many friends to Carmine's and they have all been very impressed with the food and sevice and atmosphere. It's very New York! We made the mistake of trying another Italian restaurant on a high recommendation and we were highly dissapointed. Carmine's is like no other place in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner near the theaters.bsbzeDined on 11/10/2014We had a great dinner at Carmine's, we chose spaghetti and meatballs. Very good family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Carmine's in Times Squareluv2travelDined on 11/10/2014This is the second time I've been to Carmine's in Times Square. It's a very nice restaurant that feels somewhat fancy but yet comfortable. The food is excellent and huge portions. I like the way they serve and the food was excellent. Just thinking about it now is making me hungry.Special Features:
- Spaghetti and meatballs were goodTrynot2eatallDined on 11/10/2014The bread basket was stale. Meatballs were great. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRenoqueenDined on 11/10/2014Good food, huge portions. If they were a little smaller you could try more optionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCfunDined on 11/10/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Carmines. We had Kris as our server who was very friendly and thorough. He made us feel very welcomed. The food was very good and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.