Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: 2122213800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
885 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (690)special occasion (381)great for lunch (322)fit for foodies (300)kid-friendly (283)neighborhood gem (235)hot spot (220)late-night find (126)vibrant bar scene (103)romantic (95)notable wine list (67)great for brunch (66)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (15)Show More
- grand kids loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014we had never tried carmines before, our mistake because we are constantly going to various shows in the city. go and enjoy the festive moodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD - LARGE PORTIONSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014GREAT FOR GROUPS... PORTIONS TOO BIG FOR PARTY OF 2...Special Features:
- Family funItalyDined on 9/28/2014Good food for the whole family. Family style and lots of it, good food and consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Dependable for Great Meal!LisaDined on 9/28/2014Great food and attentive staff. Recommend making a reservation. We did and was immediately seated.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Everything tasted amazing! The food was exquisite and the service was excellent! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGrammyDined on 9/28/2014A group of 5 gals came into the City on Sunday, 9/28/2014 via a chartered bus trip. We had lunch at Carmine's. Everything was great - the wait-staff, the food, the ambience, etc. All five us were very satisfied. The wait-stuff were wonderful - both personable as well as professional. They were always nereby if we needed something. The food was out of this world - of course we could not eat all that we were served. We will definitely dine at Carmine's again when we come into the city. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great Time Once again!!MEP2014Dined on 9/27/2014Once again.......We had a great time at Carmine's. My whole family met in NYC and I wanted to treat them to a meal that I know would be consistent and served by a friendly accomodating staff. My mom has a gluten allergy and she was absolutely delighted with her meal! Thank you once again Carmine's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.FromMADined on 9/27/2014We went as a group of four. It's pricey, but very good...plenty of food. Will go back.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC MEAL!luv4foodDined on 9/27/2014This was our 5th visit to Carmine's & as always it was phenomenal!! Our 4 friends that were with us had never been there before, so it was a wonderful first experience for them! They raved about the food. We had a great time & would come back again. Can't say enough good things about it....only wish it was closer to my home so my family & I could enjoy it more often!Special Features:
- Great foodEMyerDined on 9/27/2014Tried 4 different dishes. All excellent! I will recommend to all friends or family traveling to NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We will make carmines a must go to restaurant every visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grossed outOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014All and all the food was good (what I could eat of it). Here's the problem: THEY RE-USE THE BREAD BASKETS and served us a previously used one with a piece of bread that had been teared off by a prior table. The basket had a piece of food that had managed its way in to the basket (like a sautéed onion from a prior tables dinner=GROSS!). We sent it back and to say it killed my appetite was an understatement.Special Features:
- Girls afternoon in NYCCathyCDined on 9/26/2014We had a great time at Carminr's but we're not surprised- it's always delicious! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundMaryJDined on 9/25/2014As usual, the food was delicious and the quantity sufficient for the price of each entrée and salad. The servers (both waiters and bartender) were professional, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good time at Carmine'ssouthernfoodieDined on 9/25/2014it was a must do for my first visit to NYC! We arrived 30 minutes before reservation and were seated within 10 minutes. Food was great. There was just 2 of us and food is served family style. Way too much food for 2 people.Special Features:
- was great, again!!hurleyDined on 9/24/2014Food was great and in abundance once again. Never fails to live up to expectations!Special Features:
- Reliable and good.DgbaDined on 9/23/2014Carmine's is always good. Bring friends because the portions are family style. Fit for a large family. Service and food are always good. We stop in often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for large groupsEHKBrDined on 9/23/2014The experience there was quite good, as usual, large plates with food OK, nothing special. It is a good place to go with your family and share the food. Price is reasonable and affordable. For my surprise this time it was not that overcrowded.Special Features:
- Very goodLRCRDined on 9/22/2014One plate serves 3, delicious place in the heart of BroadwaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNetplus55NYDined on 9/22/2014Food was great just too much for two people to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereFirebird1Dined on 9/22/2014We did not have to wait for our lunch booking . service was warm. We had the ravioli with true Italian sauce and the "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" tiremisu. The best tiremisu ever. The room has a great old time new York aura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014A great choice for an after Broadway show dinner with a vibrant atmosphere with family portion dishesSpecial Features:
- Dinner for 4DagzahvDined on 9/21/2014We meet with friends for dinner,service was good with sum delay. In general grate atmosfire very big serving extra large so don't order to much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!JenniferDined on 9/21/2014We had heard wonderful things about Carmine's but hadn't had the opportunity to go until this past weekend. My son and I really enjoyed our meal. The only drawback to the family style servings is that it was WAY too much food for just the two of us to share. It would be great if you could order smaller portions which would allow you to sample/try more things. We were very pleased with our choice though. Everything was delicious, from the bread to the chicken parmigiana to the spaghetti. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday family dinnerSept14familyDined on 9/21/2014Great place to meet up with your college children and meet their friends. No one will ever miss our Sunday gatherings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have THEY gone downhillLovethecityDined on 9/21/2014Its been awhile since ive eaten at carmines but i always enjoyed it. Im trying to be open minded and say you can have a bad dish in any restaurant on any given day but this was a full on disaster of a meal from start to finish except for dessert. Trying to flag down the server took awhile. We were five of us with a noon resrvation so it was definitely not at the height yet. Abbreviated version. Soggy calamari, linguine that you could barely find the portion was so tiny that was DROWNING in oil, and veal parm that tasted frozen with no sauce and cheese that was a thin slice that appeared to be peeled off of a package of kraft. As a nyer who eats out all the time from burger joints to fine dining all i could think of was stay away! Sad
- ExcellentEMSumoterDined on 9/20/2014Always a delicious meal and excellent service, no matter what time we go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!Pattygrace1Dined on 9/20/2014It was not my first experience at Carmine's but it was for a good part of our group. The wait staff was informatve and attentive. The food was excellent and they surprised our birthday person with a song and dessert. And got us out to our show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great. The chairs were not comfortable. I could have used a cushion. Still we were sitting upstairs which seemed nicer than the downstairs. I will be back the food was excellent and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District MustkevlarDined on 9/19/2014Always a great meal at Carmine's! Everything is family style and plates are too big for one person. In fact many dishes serve three or four depending on your hunger level. Reservations are a must if your on a schedule. Bring your appetite and have at it! Its all great.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Good and service were great. Salad was delicious; just too much for 2 people. I hate to waste good food. We would definitely recommend to others and look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After show dinner placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014The locals said this was somewhat of a tourist trap. And although there seemed to be a fair number of tourists, there were a lot of locals too. What ever the clientele, the food was amazing. Perfectly cooked and the best Italian I've had in all my visits to the city. Take a large group with you as its family style and more than two people can possibly eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Italian!DCgirlVIPDined on 9/18/2014Carmine's didn't disappoint! Always delicious family-style - you don't need anything further than the entrees they are so generous. Server was very sweet and well versed on the specials. Heading to a show which began at 7 so good prompt service. Lasagna is a favorite and that platter went first! Totally enjoyed our experience in NY as we had only been to the one in DC (which is also awesome!) and were pleased to treat our Texas friends to a NY staple.Special Features:
- Close to theatre districtOKCdinerDined on 9/18/2014If you are going to the theatre, this is a great Italian dining option. Food is served family style (large platter) and is to be shared. We ordered two dishes and a caesar salad and six people ate very well. Love this place and never go to NYC without making a reservation here.Special Features:
- Has not changedTommyDDined on 9/18/2014Have been visiting Carmine's since it opened. Every time income to NYC I make it an effort to come again. Friendly staff, excellent food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only average tasting foodKarenMcDined on 9/18/2014Enormous amount of average tasting Italian food. "Family Style" portions are all that's offered so I would Not recommend for a couple. Bread was cold and Served without Olive Oil. Service was actually very good. Atmosphere Is really nice.Special Features:
- After the show diningCarolinagirlDined on 9/17/2014We prefer to eat after seeing a show. When it runs late, it's hard to find good food. Carmine's is our go to spot. The food is always delicious. The specials are always tempting. It meets the needs of our vegetarian guests. And they don't stand by our table urging us to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eduardobergerDined on 9/17/2014First of all, sorry about my english... Prices ok - realy cheap; quality of pasta = ok, very nice; meat no good (a fair veal a parmigiana); a poor wine list (very bad!). My experience in that night was very less than my expectative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Carmine's.LH2014Dined on 9/17/2014Great food and experience after seeing a play. Best Italian food my friends from Colorado have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food came in large portions that was wasted. We did take some home, but for the price, I would like to have more manageable portionsSpecial Features: