Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: 2122213800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
882 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (688)special occasion (392)great for lunch (316)fit for foodies (300)kid-friendly (290)neighborhood gem (234)hot spot (222)late-night find (124)vibrant bar scene (101)romantic (99)great for brunch (73)notable wine list (66)great for outdoor dining (26)scenic view (17)Show More
- After the show diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We prefer to eat after seeing a show. When it runs late, it's hard to find good food. Carmine's is our go to spot. The food is always delicious. The specials are always tempting. It meets the needs of our vegetarian guests. And they don't stand by our table urging us to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014First of all, sorry about my english... Prices ok - realy cheap; quality of pasta = ok, very nice; meat no good (a fair veal a parmigiana); a poor wine list (very bad!). My experience in that night was very less than my expectative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food came in large portions that was wasted. We did take some home, but for the price, I would like to have more manageable portionsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The family style plates are huge and delicious. We really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We celebrated our Anniversary that day, the weather put a halt on some of our plans. We had reservations for 1:30pm and arrived @ 12:15pm, explained our situation the Hostess was very accommodating and gave us an early seating. The food was excellent, as always, atmosphere was romantic. I'm sure we'll dine there next month.Special Features:
- Man vs. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I love Carmines! The food is wonderful and very generous portions (family style). My first visit to Carmine's was about 6 years ago and the experience was great from the hostess greeting you with a warm smile, to great service, and dynamite food. I was there just this week and I have to say It was a bit disappointing that the service didn't match the great food this time. The hostess didn't even look up for more than a second before she told us to wait in the bar to be seated for our reservations and the server had the personality of a dead fish...However, when we got our food at least we felt the warmth and fulfillment we were seeking from the experience. I think next visit we will go to Little Italy!Special Features:
- GlassesedgarDined on 9/14/2014The wine and the beer must be served in specifc glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGHAPPYFAMILYDined on 9/14/2014CARMINES is EVERYTHING you hope it could be!!! Simply the BEST!Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysPattyGVIPDined on 9/14/2014Another great meal at Carmine's!! There was 8 of us an we had a great time with great food!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great placekbfixitDined on 9/14/2014Ate lunch on a Saturday afternoon with my wife. We both loved the decoration and polished look of the restaurant. Our waitstaff was attentive and was very helpful in answering our questions as first time visitors. We went with our waiter's recommendation of the ragu (meatballs, pork, and sausage in red sauce) over our choice of pasta. Everything was delicious! Our only issue was how big it was, easily enough food for 4 people. But it was a good problem to have, as we had a fridge in our hotel so we could enjoy it later. If you have a party of two, be prepared to bring some home. A wonderful experience and we're now looking forward to visiting our local DC location some time in the near future. Definitely a must-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceSteveODined on 9/13/2014Carmine's is always our go to after the theater. Have always had exceptional food & service. The sauces are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014my only complaint is that the serving sizes seem to be getting smaller. that kind of defeats the whole purpose of going to carmines!Special Features:
- Have to be a big eater!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The portions are very large to say the least. This is NOT the place to go if you are dining as a couple and are not big eaters. I found out after we already ate, that they do have a lunch menu (which was not presented to us), that has smaller portions. Service was quite slow, and we were there at 2:30PM. The place is decorated in old Italian style with plenty to look at on the walls and bar area. This place would be really good for large groups or at least 4 or more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheaterSoozDined on 9/13/2014Great overall experience with friendly wait staff! Perfect for large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE CARMINE'SGRAMPATDined on 9/13/2014FOOD, SERVICE, AMBIANCE ARE ALL SPOT ON AT THE NYC LOCATION ON W. 44TH & THE ATLANTIC CITY LOCATION AT THE TROPICANA. HAVE BEEN TO BOTH. HAVE NOT HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE YET. OUR WAITER, RYAN, WAS AWESOME. HAVE HAD HIM TWICE AND HE'S VERY ATTENTIVE AND FRIENDLY. WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK. ALSO, MY GRANDSON'S NAME IS CARMINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family stylejmonDined on 9/13/2014Come with an appetite. Large portions of Italian classics. I've never had a bad meal at Carmines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceChitown51Dined on 9/12/2014Food and service was excellent, serving portions are huge, pace of service was a bit fast not allowing any time between courses. We asked to slow it down a bit and our server responded perfectly.Special Features:
- very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Not kid friendly at all!!! Service was a little slow even though we had mentioned we were going to see a show.Zucchini fries used to be the best,last visit we devoured the whole entire plate,but this time they were very greasy and the majority of the zucchini was not eaten. Veal chicken and seafood pasta were very good but the seafood pasta dish was a little over salted.Special Features:
- Best Italian !KatieDined on 9/12/2014By far the best Italian in town! Perfect for large groups or even just two. We enjoyed the lunch size portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great Italian food, excellent service, nice atmosphere! Family style serving.Special Features:
- Great food!VirnaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Took some Out-of-town guests to Carmine's for dinner. They brought their 11 month-year-old daughter with them. It was great, because no matter how much noise the baby made you couldn't tell because the place is so loud. So we all enjoyed ourselves, not worrying about whether we were disturbing any of the other guests. The chianti was great, the food was terrific. The only exception was the white sauce that came with the seafood pasta was a little bit salty. With five adults we ordered two appetizers: a salad and the calamari, and two main courses the mixed seafood pasta and the eggplant Parmesan. It was so much food we had lots to take home as leftovers. Overall a terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great, but don't expect talkRikncynDined on 9/11/2014Whenever we go to NYC we always try to go to Carmine's. The food, drinks, and service are always wonderful. Just don't expect to be able to converse with anyone without yelling. This last time was particularly bad thanks to four drunk chicks nearby. It's funny how one really loud group elevates the noise level of everyone. Still wouldn't miss it, but if I lived in NYC I wonder how often I'd go...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyCathyDined on 9/11/2014I've been going to Carmine's for about 47 years and every time we went we have enjoyed it. I go either with my husband and friends or with the girls. The food is always good , service has always been good. Would go back again soon !Special Features:
- Wonderfulnrg17Dined on 9/10/2014Everything about Carmine's was wonderful! The food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere! We had the best time! Food is family style and recommended to share with 3 people. However, the portions are huge. We were a party of 8 and we ordered two salads to share when one would have been plenty. Same goes with the huge plates of pasta. It was all very good and we were more than stuffed full when we left! Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapoCookDined on 9/10/2014Lives up to the reputation for big portions and busy scene. They do a good job overall and you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great Time and foodSandP500Dined on 9/9/2014We had the Mussels as an appetizer and the Lamb special as the entree. Everything is served family style. The lamb special was delicious and was way more than my wife and I could eat. Outstanding dining experience and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014This visit was my fourth time at Carmine's. The food has always been EXCELLENT!!!! Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your meal if you plan to go to a show afterwards. It's a busy restaurant so it takes a while to get your meal, but it's always worth the wait :-)Special Features:
- Amazing!FLtoNYgrlDined on 9/7/2014I came here to celebrate graduating with a master's degree with my family and boyfriend. The food was INCREDIBLE! The chicken parm was the best I have ever had. The family style dining was perfect for the occasion. Even my sister who eats gluten free was happy! There is an entire menu with gluten free options. I am happy I chose this awesome restaurant for my special occasion and would 100% go back again!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantFloridagator1822Dined on 9/7/2014Carmine's is always a must while in the city.the food and price can't be beat. It's great for a crowd. A little noisy but really worth it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Carmine'snoideaDined on 9/7/2014reservation was for 8 people at 6:30p. when it was my turn, i walked up to the hostess stand and was rudely told, "please go back to the line until you're called." what? there were three people working that stand and one was open. unbelievable. we waited at the bar and were seated by 6pm. food was good. typical carmine's fare, pasta and meats. dessert was Italian cheesecake. wait staff were very quick and pleasant. we'll go back, of course, but only for special occasions. that place is EXTREMELY LOUD!Special Features:
- A Must do while in NY CityluvthecityDined on 9/7/2014Always a favorite eating spot while visiting NY City. All of your favorite Italian dishes served family style, will not disappoint. Very busy energetic atmosphere. Always a very friendly attentive staff. Best to make reservations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Everyone in our party loved the food, the variety and quantity. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food..MissFoodieDined on 9/7/2014We showed up for our 530 reservation but were told to pls wait in the bar. Another 1 of these restaurants where they want u to start spending in the bar. We waited nearly 10 mins & then placed upstairs in a corner. This place is 2 levels. Extremely noisy downstairs but comfy upstairs. Our waiter was very attentive & brought us a bread basket with a variety of bread. The menu is up in the wall and you should only ever order 1 dish for 2-3 people. We had the shrimp with linguine, garlic & olive oil. It was fantastic & 2 of us couldn't even finish this. Forget about dessert but when I enquirer about the "titanic" at $27.50, I was told it could feed about 10. Definitely a place worth visiting when in NY but make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:
- A favorite restaurantlongislandDined on 9/7/2014Our family has been celebrating birthdays and anniversaries at Carmines for quite a few years and we always have a wonderful experience. We love the food and the wait staff is always professional, friendly and very competent. We have visited both the 44th street and the uptown Carmines and received the same excellent food and service. Carmines is our favorite celebration restaurant!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We dined at Carmines to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and to my surprise we were actually able to be seated before our reservation which was greatly appreciated! The food was amazing. We had shrimp with penne vodka, but what really made our experience great was our waitress Amanda! She was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJGMADined on 9/7/2014Amazing food. Always consistent. Mom's Birthday and waited forever for her birthday dessert due to a waiter shift change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteGuilhermeDined on 9/7/2014Não deixe de ir .. Muito ótimo, sempre ótimo já estive mais de dez vezes ótimo aconselho sempre ao lado da timesSpecial Features:
- A wastemoninycDined on 9/7/2014The food at Carmines is okay. Your typical Italian and or all American fare. Nothing different. Not for foodies. Its a great place if you are going to a show and need somewhere with quick service and a passably good meal. Personally I do not see the point behind such massive portions that will just be wasted. You don't want to take a doggie bag to the show. You simply cannot eat a meal. We were two people sharing one meal and we could only finish a quarter. In this world of need and starving people, I see such a meal as frivolous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things Have ChangedGeorge66Dined on 9/7/2014Over the last 5 years we have eaten at Carmine's at least 10 times, especially when in town for a Broadway show. Each experience we had was always good, with the high point being good food. Our experience the other day was so very disappointing. The staff as always was top notch. The good however was tasty as always but was so salty we had trouble finishing the meal. Actually we left a lot of food in the serving plates. We notified the waitress and front room manager at our disappointment. In this day and age when people are watching salt content in their diets I would strongly recommend to Carmine's management that the review with the executive chef just how much salt is being used to prepare all the dishes. Again disappointed.Special Features:
- eza090514Dined on 9/6/2014We were a group of 7. All of us totally enjoyed Carmines. I have two suggestions, serve your salad in a bowl so it can be property mixed and make up more menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.