Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: 2122213800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
896 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (694)special occasion (423)great for lunch (313)fit for foodies (303)kid-friendly (293)neighborhood gem (246)hot spot (230)late-night find (129)romantic (105)vibrant bar scene (100)great for brunch (81)notable wine list (69)great for outdoor dining (26)scenic view (21)Show More
- Excellent dinning!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We love to visit Carmines each time we are in NYC!! Cannot find better service, food, or ambiance. Best Italian restaurant in the city!! So much fun!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I've lived in NY my whole life and have never tried Carmines. It was a fun atmosphere with very good italian food. It was loud but that's the type of restaurant it is, which didn't bother me. Since it's family style, it makes sense to go in a big group. The appetizers are enormous! We ordered fried zucchini and calamari-both yummy! Our group of 6 people couldn't finish either dish. The penne ala vodka was good. The chicken parm was very well seasoned and tender. I would absolutely go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment weealked in the door until the moment we left we were well taken care of. Ceasar salad was perfect, the lettuce was crisp and fresh and it was not drowned in dressing. The pasta was el dente and the sauces were well balanced and flavorful. Excellent meal and the kids loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/20145th visit to Carmine's (4th at this location) and we've never been disappointed. great service, huge selection, reasonable prices when dining with 3 or more (due to family-sized portions). Eggplant parm is awesome, lasagna just as good as my Noni's, chicken Marsala is great as is their pasta's and sauces. also recommend their cold antipasta platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The lasagna was better than my grandmothers! I knew the food was superb, but it was better than that! Definitely going back for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect after show on BroadwayNicbelleyDined on 8/28/2014It was good and the price is ok. My friends and I will go again when we come back in New-York.Special Features:
- Carmines is always a big hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I was at Carmines in New York one other time in April 2001 and loved it. So on my recent trip to NYC, I made dinner reservations and hoped it was everything I had remembered. It was. Thank you for an enjoyable evening and wonderful food & wine. I will always dine at Carmines on every visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014My second time i have very bad service..but the food is beauttiful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We have two major complains about our dinner - first of all, they put us in a table for 6 with 8 tight chairs and no place for a stroller TWO times. We took the second table cause the place was crowded and we were hungry. The second complain was that we ordered a entree that came out smaller, with much less food then we're used to. After complaining to the waitress about that, the answer was "I told you before this wasn't going to be enought, do you want to order something else now?" living us with the feeling that it was all on propuse so we could order an extra entree. We were not satisfied AT ALL, we were squeezed in a small table, the food wasn't good and turned out to be a terrible evening.
- Good Food - Reasonable PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Family style - good food - reasonable price. Very loud - hard to talk.Special Features:
- Heaven is "Carmines" Always!keysloverDined on 8/27/2014Never get tired of dining there. The specials are always amazing. We always order enough for take home. It's even great the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Playbill DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We have been going to Carmine's for lunch (before seeing a show) for years now. I doubt there is any restaurant on the planet that has better authentic Italian food than this establishment. Our meals are always delicious and cooked and prepared to perfection. We love the atmosphere and the wait staff is always friendly and accommodating. Although we generally are not fans of family-style dining, I think Carmine's would lose its appeal if it didn't serve its food this way.Special Features:
- Love this place!JohnthewatchDined on 8/26/2014Since being recommended to is on our first visit to NYC, seven years ago, we have returned again and again! The food is brilliant, the ambiance is out on it's own and the service is outstanding! We're booked again for this weekend, that has to tell you something!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Broadway for 14!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/26/2014We were running late due to traffic and they held our reservation upon calling they also were able to speed up our order so we didn't miss a beat. The family style worked great for our large group of 14 adults. Would really only recommend going here with a large group as it could be pricey/too much food for two people. It was noisy but it the room had a bizz with everyone anticipating their shows they would be off too. Our waitress Keisha was a 10!!! Bill was under $40 per person which included apps, entrees, alcohol & dessert plus a 20% tip. Looking forward to a return visit before another Broadway show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We totally enjoyed Carmine's for lunch. The Veal Saltimbocca was delicious and was an abundant amount of food for 3 of us. We also loved the Caesar salad. Very tasty and we also love anchovies, so we all really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Delicious Italian Food1yearanniversaryDined on 8/25/2014Had one of the most delicious dinners I've ever had. The food was perfect. Our waiter was magnificent. The restaurant had such a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My brother works in Manhattan and I live in Pennsylvania. We make it a point to eat at Carmine's every time we come to visit the city. You can usually always get a seat for lunch, but dinner typically requires a reservation a month or so in advance. Love the food and atmosphere, not to mention the porterhouse steak which is always phenomenal.Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Nice place with good food (and huge sizes...). The waitress was anyhow very clear and righyly recommended us to share (2 adults and one kid) one starter and one pasta dish. Although our kid eat as an adult, it was more than enough, we have the hot antipasto amd the red shrimp pasta with white sauce (really good one) and especially notorious is that any tomato sauce was good and homemade. Very good choice specially if your're hungry. To mention a caveat, the white wine list is short in my modest opinion and not really adequate on Chardonnays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchrdalDined on 8/24/2014We had a great lunch before seeing Pippin. Only sorry we could not take our leftovers with us. It was a lot of excellent tasting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!TeecDined on 8/24/2014We had a great time as usual. The food was great and we dined with our two kids who loved it as much as we did. This is our fourth visit to Carmines and it seems to get better with each visit.Special Features:
- Excellent!WowfactorDined on 8/23/2014Food is excellent. Service is good. Perfect restaurant for before or after theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Floyd2012Dined on 8/23/2014We had a Ceasar salad and rigatoni with meatballs and it was really good. Just like my Italian grandmom would make! There was three adults and two children and more than enough for all of us. We can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceTiffDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing, and the service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvgoodfoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014This is the 5th time at this restaurant and the quality of food for the prices you pay is quite good. We enjoy the wide selection if foods that are offered and there is something for everyone, adults & kids included. This is a great place to come as a group or at least 8 to 10 people, so that you can experience a variety of foods as dishes are quite big! We shall return!Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We loved the food. We only ate once because we tried to get back but it was full.... I want to go again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMichelleDined on 8/21/2014We had food allergies and they were very accommodating while still having great food.Special Features:
- a favoriteJerseygirlDined on 8/21/2014love this place! We are unable to come often as we live in northern NJ. We particularly love to bring first timers. During our last visit, we brought my sister and brother-in-law. They loved it. My brother -in-law loved the family style dining and could not believe the portion size It was like being in my Italian grandmother's house on Staten Island for Sunday dinner. After a day visiting the Intrepid, we had huge appetites. Carmine's did not disappoint. The wait staff was delightful as well and made us feel very much at homeSpecial Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 8/21/2014A party of ten, we ordered drinks, appetizers, entrees and no room for desserts. Portions were very large, more than enough food for everyone. The notable dishes were spicy scarpariello wings appetizer, eggplant pomodoro and the salmon special, all three were excellent. The pasta dishes were freshly made and al dente. Everyone really enjoyed the food very much and service as well. The waiters were very helpful and attentive. One even informed us when we ordered too much food. Overall a very good experience and will revisit in the near future.Special Features:
- Love Carmine'sKMTDKDined on 8/20/2014Each time I've been to New York, I've made a reservation at Carmine's. The food is excellent, the service is great and the atmosphere busy and energetic; like a big boisterous family! We had the veal with butter and lemon with spaghetti and it was terrific. I would definitely go back again and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Whenever we're in the city we make it a point to eat lunch at Carmine's before our matinee show. Food and atmosphere always amazing!Special Features:
- Family DinnerkfhdpnyDined on 8/19/2014From the appetizers to dessert, Carmine's is outstanding. Cannot even count how many times we have been to this place and every time the service and food is outstanding. We had fried calamari, the best wings in the world, chicken parm, lasagna, and the special lamb chops with vegetables. Cannot even begin to tell you how delicious the whole meal was. We fed six people and had plenty to take home. The service was fantastic. Thank you for a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like my mamma sued to ccok!!07realitalianfoodie52Dined on 8/19/2014Delicious, plentiful, original Italian food. There were 4 of us from Ottawa, Ontario that made the trip and made reservations in advance. Glad we did as there was at least an hour wait. We all loved the food and the service .As an Italian that knows great home style Italian food and expect a lot from eateries such as Carmines, I was not dissapointed and in fact was very impressed. We had the ragu fettucini with meat combo (meatball, Italian sausages, chunks of beef). Pasta was perfectly cooked, al dente and the meats were succulent. We had enough food to take away and have leftovers the next day. We will be back. BRAVISSIMI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindpenterprDined on 8/18/2014If you love Italian food, then you have to make a reservation at Carmine's. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. It is how great Italian food is supposed to be eaten, with the people you love and enough to take home for tomorrow.Special Features:
- ChechinDined on 8/18/2014Excelente cardápio, ótimo atendimento e carta de vinhos e bebidas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get reservations!!!EcowboyDined on 8/17/2014I booked reservations over a month in advance and so glad I did. This is a popular place. The line was out the door and down the street. Once you get inside and are waiting for a table there is absolutely no space. Luckily we made reservations before our trip and that made for a great experience. The service is so-so. But the food totally makes up for it. The calamari was so tender and delicious. The chicken parmigian was the best I have ever had. Remember this is a family style restaurant. One dish will feed 3-4 people. So will the appetizers. Also Carmine's is literally right across the street from the Minskoff theater on Broadway so if you are taking in a show this place is perfect before or after.Special Features:
- no sodaNoCokeDined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 6 and 2 of the six wanted a coke. We were there for over an hour and still no coke. That's messed up. Note this was at dinner time 6pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We visited from Toronto and your restaurant came highly recommended. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing and the atmosphere lively. We hope that you will bring your restaurant to Toronto Canada. If not we will have to make another trip to New York.Special Features:
- Great food, great price50yeargroupDined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious and plentiful and we didn't have to spend a lot of money .Special Features:
- LateLunchDined on 8/17/2014Nice environment. Some waiters are not too friendly, did not offer any specials until asked. Rolled eyes back a few times. Not detail oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We were early for our reservation and were sat immediately. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The noise wasn't too bad when we got there, it was 11:40 am but by 12:45pm the restaurant had gotten crowded and the noise volume was much louder which made it difficult to talk to each other. We had spaghetti and meatballs, it was a very large portion for 2 people and very good. We would go back, if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.