Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: 2122213800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
883 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (687)special occasion (339)fit for foodies (312)great for lunch (302)kid-friendly (271)hot spot (220)neighborhood gem (219)late-night find (114)vibrant bar scene (99)romantic (87)notable wine list (71)great for brunch (53)great for outdoor dining (33)scenic view (14)Show More
- Carmine's Times SquareDavidDined on 10/28/2014Love this place. It is a must stop whenever we visit The Big Apple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014This is a amazing restaurant for groups because his plates are huge, good taste and special servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Great food and great service. Love to eat here when we are in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014By far one of the beat Italian restaurants in the theatre district. Service is great, and food is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New York GemCoffeeBeansDined on 10/26/2014This restaurant never fails to please. The food is great and plentiful. It's always crowded but not overwhelming. Our waitress was very pleasant and accommodating and was able to tweak our dishes as needed. If you go to New York, it's a must. When my friends come from Dallas, it's top on their list. Even their bread basket is great.Special Features:
- Exceptional Flavors!LJM9Dined on 10/26/2014Good portions on entrees/appetizers. All with exceptional flavors! Favorites: Stuffed artichokes, eggplant parm, bread pudding. Friendliest staff/very helpful! Great place for a birthday group celebration with family and friends. Thank you again for a successful 2nd annual birthday celebration from the Martin family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Food!SomuchfoodDined on 10/25/2014Whenever I am in NY I have to go to Carmines!! Absoultely the best food and service in New York.Special Features:
- Brue was the Best server!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014After dining here several times, this was by far the best server we have ever had! Brue was fun and entertaining and did his job efficiently. Food as always was amazing! Best meatballs ever! Couldn't enjoy all of our favorites though b/c there were only 4 of us.Special Features:
- Carmine'sGjpbjpDined on 10/25/2014We went there on the recommendation of a friend. She said if you go to New York city, you have to go to Carmine's. She was absolutely right! Make reservations or you probably won't get a table. It was fantastic. Family style servings. Each entrée feeds 3 or 4 people. Service was top notch. I can't wait till we can go back to NY.Special Features:
- Carime'sNickDined on 10/24/2014Have been going to Carmine's for years and it never disappoints. Great food, great atmosphere, bartender's are excellent. A real NYC gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal all week in NYCsaboellDined on 10/24/2014We ate at Carmine's twice while spending a week in NYC and those were the best 2 meals we had all week. Meal 1: Lemon & Butter Veal Scaloppine over pasta; Meal 2: Marsala Chicken over pasta and stuffed mushrooms; Awesome! The family-style portions are huge, so if only 2 people don't even think about an appetizer, salad & entree...just too much food (but all great and price reasonable when spread over several people!). Reservations are a MUST. Almost impossible to get in without one and Open Table was the easiest way. Chaotic at front desk due to crowds (mostly trying to get in without a reservation), but table & bar service was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We went back!nicetoshareDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated before a Broadway show on Friday and had such a great time we wnet back there for Sunday lunch - we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- great nightstephie142Dined on 10/24/2014Eight of us were in NYC for our yearly Becker College reunion. The wait staff were attentive, funny, and the food and drinks outstanding. We even made room for dessert. We will go back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and large portionsPapiVIPDined on 10/23/2014Had a great lunch. Everything was done well. Food was very good. Large portions. Good service. Very reasonably priced for NY.Special Features:
- wonderfulKiki1234Dined on 10/22/2014Everytime I visit NYC I always eat here. The food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My #1 restaurantSUZZZ713Dined on 10/22/2014Always a hit with friends and family...it's a must do if visiting NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmines Midtown - ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014The food was great! The service was great!! Place is somewhat noisy but that is expected. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEGreatDined on 10/22/2014CARMINES IS WONDERFUL....GREAT FOOD, FRIENDLY SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater LunchDougVIPDined on 10/22/2014We made reservations for lunch before the theater. Carmine's did not disappoint us. We were seated promptly and our server - Rudy - was great. the food is good, traditional Italian dishes. The portions are enormous. Our Eggplant Parm app could easily have been a meal for two and the Veal Marsala could have feed 4. Its a good spot for a large group and a fun place to bring out of town guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food Near BroadwaydrieldcDined on 10/22/2014Carmine's is a good choice for traditional Italian cuisine in the theater district. Make reservations -- my husband & I ate there for lunch before a Wednesday matinee at a theater one block away. The portions -- even ones designated as lunch-sized -- are HUGE. Great atmosphere, good service by a wait staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. We would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- Show Up HungryTerriDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant was wonderful. This is our third or fourth time at Carmines. OpenTable made it so easy to get a reservation and Carmine's called to confirm. There was no wait for our table and our servers were personable and attentive. The food is always delish - wasn't crazy about the Ragu but other than that, the chicken parm, calamari, Carmine salad, ravioli and desserts were great! There were 6 of us and we ordered 2 apps., 3 main courses and 2 desserts and we had left overs to bring home!Special Features:
- great place for big groupsjennyDined on 10/20/2014Huge portion. Excellent for big groups. We had mix seafood pasta and chicken cutlet with spinach. They were awesome. Service was great as well. Only regret is that we ate too much and had to miss desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the MarkGG4FoodDined on 10/20/2014Despite its reputation Carmines missed the mark. Yes the portions are ginormous. The chicken dish was tasty. The pasta dish at just under $30 is a rip off for the size. first they say they do not have penne then they come out with penne. The past dish was just over priced. The sauce was indifferent. Restaurant is depending too much on location close to Time Square and former glories.Special Features:
- AmazingJojoDined on 10/19/2014We love this place. Took a trip into the city just for dinner. Always amazing. Never disappointed. The stuffed artichoke is the main reason we come. The service is always great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redeemed First impressionNycjennVIPDined on 10/19/2014Carmine's is always crowded but I do not expect to wait 20 minutes for a table- when I have a reservation for a large group. That said, once seated it was an excellent experience with great service. Our waiter- Jim/James was a lively compliment to the experience for our guests visiting NY for the first time from overseas. The food was excellent and plentiful as always. Meatballs, Country Style Pasta, Chicken Marsala and Calamari for a real taste of NY. We must have heard the Happy Birthday song 50 times but other than that and the wait it was a wonderful evening in the heart of Times Square.Special Features:
- Great for groupsianmac61Dined on 10/19/2014We booked on recommendation and really enjoyed our meal. Food tasted great, but the only thing that we were disappointed about was the food wasn't particularly hot. The pasta and meatballs and the shrimp were only just warm. However, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good--generally average for an Italian restaurant. Portions were gigantic. Spaghetti & meatballs were excellent!Special Features:
- Marvin69Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent as always! We had reservations for lunch on this trip to the city and we were seated right on time and the service and food was wonderful! We always visit Carmine's when we are in New York and have never been disappointed! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dining experienceDianaDined on 10/18/2014I want to say that I have enjoyed eating at Carmine's for many years....Each time I enjoy a day in New York City, it is a must for lunch. My friends and I always agree that Carmine's in NYC is the best. The Food is outstanding, the service is exceptional and the prices are within our means. We are from Massachusetts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serving amountsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 32nd anniv and vow renewal. We ordered chicken Marsala and salad. Didn't get two meals each from chicken. Server wouldn't give plastic utensils for leftovers until we ordered dessert to go. Disappointed in serving size for dollar amount.Special Features:
- Huge portions, great foodchefgeorgeDined on 10/18/2014We shared the veal saltimbocca and farfalle. Huge portion of exquisite food. Superlative service. Family atmosphere, yet elegant. Bought the cookbook.Special Features:
- Huge and tasty dishesAndyLeadDined on 10/17/2014The dishes are really really HUUUGE and delicious. Very genuine italian style. My favourite is Spaghetti with meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, fantastic foodAmyKDined on 10/17/2014Best place to go with a group, as you order family style. Best thing you can do? Ask to see the description of the hot and cold appetizers. They have been different every time we go, and have always been my favorite thing we order. Lots of different things on it to share, comment on, and enjoy. My husband's favorite is the lasagna. The quality of the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner before a Broadway showDLRJDined on 10/17/2014We went to dinner before watching a show on Broadway right across the rstaurante. It was great to start getting into the joyous mood of the occasion. The food was great and the possibility of sharing different dishes gave a special touch to the meal. The waiter who served us was very friendly and ensured we finished the meal with calm and in time for the show, even though we were short on time. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- PattiNYDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding food, friendly hard working staff, generous portions and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's is fantastic!JoeDinesWithNatashaDined on 10/16/2014Great food and atmosphere, a perfect place to meet for a lunchtime date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion control...!NYCGirlsDined on 10/16/2014The food was wonderful, but sooooo much. Our waiter recommended a third entrée because we had 9 people. After the extremely wonderful salad two entree's would have been more than enough. We boxed up the left overs to give to the homeless, so it all worked out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good priceKathyDined on 10/15/2014Excellent option for after the theater, because it closes after 11:00 pm. The prices are great, the dishes have huge portions that can be divided . It is a very full , very busy restaurant and the noise level is high. Good option for groups and families.Special Features:
- Wrong dishThpaivaDined on 10/15/2014We chose pasta with Ragu. Their Ragu is meatballs with sausage. Nothing like the original recipe. We got very disappointed and the goof was just below ok.Special Features:
- PerfectAik4everDined on 10/15/2014It was the first time we visited Carmines but definitely not the last! The food, the drinks and the service was tiptop!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.