1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: 3124330025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (103)good for groups (86)fit for foodies (56)romantic (55)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (34)kid-friendly (28)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Not my favoritelinadinaVIPDined on 10/22/2014It's a cool looking old school Chicago steak house, and the service was very good. The wine list was thorough and reasonably priced. I was very disappointed with the food though. Our lobster tempura was very dense and doughy, and the ribeye we ordered tasted closer to hamburger than steak. I'd recommend visiting elsewhere if you're looking for a tasty meal; however, if you must go I'd order a bottle of wine and a slice of apple pie.
- Covers all the bases. ..OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/22/2014The experience at Carmichaels was very traditional for steak house. Covered all the bases and there were no surprises. A request for a booth on our 19th anniversary went unnoticed. Not a mention of the anniversary was a missed opportunity to make a special day more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I have been to Carmichael's many times. This time I took a friend here from out of town who wanted a steak. Our steaks were superbly prepared - a nearly charred exterior with a warm and pink interior. The taste was great. My guest will surely be back on the next trip to town.Special Features:
- Great eveningSpiceyjiDined on 10/18/2014It was a date night for us. The food was delicious and the service was great. However, my husbands steak was a bit undercooked. He asked for medium well and it was rare-medium. He refused to send it back, then only ate half of it. So it was a bit of a waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed...MindfuldinerDined on 10/18/2014We like to eat here before the Hawks game. Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food .travelerDined on 10/18/2014The host was welcoming and the atmosphere was friendly. We were 4 ladies and did not realize that many sports fans dine here. We thoroughly enjoyed being part of the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Forget Morton's and Ruth Chris best steak ever at Carmichael's and the crab legs are perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmanVIPDined on 10/16/2014My favorite restaurant in Chicago! Have been to a lot over 40 plus years and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit here. Just very comfortable and the steaks (and every thing else) are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect nothing less than top notch5starHawksFanDined on 10/15/2014Great service, great drinks, great food. Hottest spot on the west side , especially before hawks/bulls games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRonnieDined on 10/13/2014I enjoy my evening more than I imagined. It was a special occasion and the setting along with the service covered all the bases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueMintyFreshVIPDined on 10/11/2014Carmichael's is a solid steakhouse without the high price tag that you get at Gibson's, Mastro's etc. Decor is casual and service is decent but really come here for the food at better prices.Special Features:
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014Carmichael's is a premiere steakhouse. I award it the best steak in Chicago. What a West Loop gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014The service and food were great. Easy access and parking.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had a great time. He was full after the appetizer (barbecue shrimp and bacon was delicious) and didnt even touch his burger lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-United Center gemMResDined on 10/3/2014Great dinner spot before a United Center event. Free valet parking and shuttle bus to and from UC. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Old School Steak HouseFrankDined on 10/2/2014Carmichaels is an old school steak house. I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. They serve a 2" steak for just about every cut. The steak is done correctly every time. The menu is al a carte so you have to order your steaks and sides separately. The sides are large enough to share among about 3 people including the baked potato. The waitstaff is attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. I have never been disappointed for my meals here and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great foodJohninchicagoVIPDined on 10/2/2014This place is great. I come here for dinner before concerts at the United Center. Their shuttle service is great.Special Features:
- carmichaelsmarvinVIPDined on 9/28/2014went to carmihaels on a sunday evening, surprisingly it wasn't crowed, food and ambiance was very nice, i love the free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGood2GoDined on 9/28/2014The service was tremendous and the food was great, I am a critic of restaurants because I love to cook, and everything that I can think of was perfect. The food was so good I left some for lunch the next day because I wanted to experience what I ate the day before. You can also tell that the staff was well in tune with each other and its regulars. It was perfect weather so that made the day even better and positive!!Special Features:
- great steakskspurDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed my visit and dining expericence at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014The steaks and the service were excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Everything was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Food was ok. The garlic and peppercorn crust on top of my rib eye was too salty, I had to scrape most of it off and eat the steak without it. Our waiter was fair to ok. No beer menu so when I asked him what was on tap he hurriedly got one for me so I felt rushed when I ordered my beer. We had to remind him a couple of times about a few of our orders after we initially ordered them (diet Coke, my ranch dressing never came, etc). I had my entire family with me, 5 people. They were not impressed either. I would probably not go back.Special Features:
- Good foodTMH2012Dined on 9/20/2014Our main dishes, Seared Ahi Tuna and New York Strip was great. Even the Lobster Tempura was a good choice. We were less than impressed with the garlic mashed potatoes. Although they were good mashed potatoes, nothing distinguishing about them. Didn't really get a garlic flavor from them. The creamed spinach was just ok. Since they were supposedly flavored with bacon and onions, I was expecting more.Special Features:
- A night a Carmicheal'sCalvinDined on 9/20/2014I haven't miss yet in choosing at Carmichael's the service has always been great, whether the accommodation has been for 2 of or 10 of us. They have an excel wine list and selection of craft brews. There steaks are excellent, my favorite is their pork chop. I'm a big eater and I have ask for a doggie bag, each time I order it. Carmichael's has an excellent choice of sides my favorite is Au Gratin potatoes are my favorite. During Blackhawk homes it tough get a table for pre-game, it clear out after the game starts. Free parking is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Nothing overly speciallovechitownDined on 9/20/2014We came here on a recommendation from a friend to celebrate our anniversary. Wasn't anything overly special. Food was very good, but expensive for what it was. Felt like we would have been happier somewhere else. Plus our server didn't really overly care that we were there and with the amount of tip you leave, I think he could have been more attentive. I mean, when my husband orders a beer and by the time it gets to the table, it's starting to get warm, there is definitely something up. Wouldn't go back . . .Special Features:
- Meh.elleAelleDined on 9/20/2014My experience at Carmichaels was lack luster at best. I expected amazing service and amazing food. The lobster tempura that had rave reviews came out cold and there was way too much breading for the portion of lobster. My shrimp scampi came out cold and my uncle's pork chops weren't cooked all the way through. In regards to ambiance, I was expecting more of an upscale atmosphere. There were kids (seemed to be the family of one of the staff members) at the table next to us that were up and down back and forth. There was also a wedding the night we were there so I had to listen to a loud deejay and screaming guest throughout my dinner. Maybe my expectations were too high since I went to Eddie V's Prime Seafood the weekend before?Special Features:
- Great dinner, as alwaysPondy5Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I LOVE this restaurant. We spent part of our date night pointing out all the tables we had sat at while on other date nights at this amazing place. The nostalgia stems from the knowledge that this building has been sold. We are hoping Carmichaels will remain, whether in the same building, or in another location nearby. We will be truly disappointed if this, one of our favorite restaurants, becomes a casualty of the overwhelming housing boom in this area. The food here is always made to perfection; the wait staff is always there when you need them, but not so much so that it's intrusive (and they're always smiling!); and we have a soft spot for the neighborhood/view since we used to live there. This is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elipetkovichDined on 9/13/2014I had the 20 oz lobster tail w asparagus . it was the tastiest tenderest tail I have ever had fantastic !Special Features:
- Bone-in FilletQuiet2Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Carmichael's for dinner and enjoyed the quiet environment. I ordered a bone-in fillet and she had pan-seared scallops. The fillet was undercooked and the scallops were not served hot. The waiter took the steak back and cooked it some more but still was not completely done. Would have really enjoyed this if the food were done right. Might give this one another shot. Maybe.Special Features:
- Just the Best!RomaDined on 9/12/2014You must visit this steakhouse before it closes in 1 year. The food, service, and everything else is just phenomenal in this place. A must go for a good steak, fish, or anything else that your stomach desires. Love the filet mignon with different crusts.Special Features:
- Another great meal ...DennyMDined on 9/8/2014This is our go to spot for some our favorite foods. French onion soup, wedge salad, Prime steaks, baked or Au gratin potato ... yum. Very nice staff and a very nice bar program. The outdoor space in warm weather might be the best in the city. Easy parking on the street (free) of "free" valet parking at the restaurant. For many of the United Center events (Bulls, Hawks, concerts)they offer shuttle from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful West Loop FindGeeWizDined on 9/8/2014This was my first visit to Carmichael's but it will not be my last. The atmosphere was top notch with being pretentious. The staff was friendly and provided great service and the meal was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chicago favoritefrp0511VIPDined on 9/8/2014Great patio, nice little front bar, all in a rustic setting. One of my favorite steak joints in Chicago.Special Features:
- We will be back.KathleenDined on 9/6/2014It was my 1st visit and it exceeded my expectations. We had an 8:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Juan was our server and was great. Our compliments to Chef Dean and the entire staff. The food was fantastic and we had such a good time that we made reservations for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place, service, food!RomaDined on 9/6/2014Please give this place a try before they close within 1 year. Excellent food, service, experience, and great outside seating area. Will be very sad to see this place go. We love it and it a neighborhood gem. Steaks and fish are the best!Special Features:
- Amazing Beginnings --- Say no moreSuzyDined on 9/6/2014My husband wanted a steak so I suggested Carmichaels. Checking the menu, I knew I had lots of options and would order fish, However, I became fixated on the Lobster Tempura in the "Beginnings" appetizer section and decided to order this and a casaer salad. I think I died and went to heaven because it was an awesome meal. The Lobster tails were perfectly battered and cooked, ample size and my salad was the perfect compliment. While my husband was equally enjoying his steak, I saw him look over at my lobster with the look of wishing he could have a taste. I shared a tempura tail with him and he agreed that I had made an awesome choice too. As I'm writing this, I'm dreaming of my return trip to order this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak side just okElvisDined on 9/3/2014I had a groupon for carmichael's restaurant so we went there the other night .My wife and I split the Cobb salad which was excellent and we both ordered the filet which waas also excellent but we had two sides the scallop potatoes and Brussels spouts which where just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food subpar for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I am not one to complain, but the server had no idea about any of the beers. And didn't ask the bartender. The food was over cooked. Oysters were a good size, and the crab cakes were amazing. But the main course and dessert was not worth it. Could have paid half the price for the same experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBDB717Dined on 9/2/2014Carmichaels is a hidden gem between the west loop and the United Center - fantastic food, great ambiance, truly an old style place to be seen for a power lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodSheriVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was very tasty! A bit pricey but worth it. 10 oz filet should be butterflied so done at med+ the first time it comes out, had to send back for additional cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.