1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: 3124330025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (127)neighborhood gem (115)special occasion (109)good for groups (76)romantic (62)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (45)notable wine list (41)kid-friendly (32)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (19)great for brunch (18)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)Show More
- Good foodSheriDined on 8/30/2014Food was very tasty! A bit pricey but worth it. 10 oz filet should be butterflied so done at med+ the first time it comes out, had to send back for additional cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Filet mignon was delicious. Side portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I have been going to Carmichaels for years and every time my husband and I go it's always delicious. We celebrated his birthday and everything was perfection.Special Features:
- Best patio in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Always great food and summer is the best imd to go. The patio is beautiful and the steaks perfect. The wait staff is also professional and friendly. The perfect evening.Special Features:
- GoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014love this place have an excellent fruit salad and the dressing gives it an even better taste. purchased one to take home.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicepickyeaterDined on 8/27/2014Four of us dined. At the end of the meal my brother-in-law remarked, "I have a new favorite steak house. The steak was done perfectly and melted in my mouth." 3 of the 4 of us had steak. All had a similar experience. The other dish ordered was the Tilapia. Excellent service from the wait staff and hostess made the evening even better. The tempura lobster was excellent as an appetizer. The only downside was the house merlot. It tasted like it had probably been opened the night before. The outdoor sitting area is quiet, well landscaped, and makes it hard to believe you're less than 10 blocks from the very center of a world class city.Special Features:
- platemateDined on 8/25/2014Service was a bit slow, but the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodKdmccaDined on 8/22/2014Everything was good but nothing was great. We enjoyed the food and the great round booth but the server was a bit annoying and the room needed music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerCherdinesoutDined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely meal with very good service. The restaurant wasn't crowded since we ate later in the evening on weekday but we were very comfortable and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor areaMaryDined on 8/20/2014Sitting outside in the heart of the city, you will feel as if you are in the country! Beautiful flowers and ambiance. Free valet parking is a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonGDined on 8/17/2014An amazing dining experience. Experience. I had the 24 ounce porterhouse, peppercorned, and it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmichaelsBennyDined on 8/15/2014This steak house literally stands alone on this mostly residential street. The bar is a happening place and the restaurant is reminiscent of typical Chicago Chophouses in the 40 and 50s. The foo. d is delicious. I loved the lobster tempuraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable excellencedrcheseDined on 8/14/2014The food and service are superb and the quite residential setting makes the outdoor option even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualscrwabashDined on 8/14/2014This is one of our go-to places in the city for special events, meeting friends, etc. Great service, excellent wine choices, and of course, outstanding steaks. We hope Carmichael's is here for many more years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerBigPapiDined on 8/8/2014On a beautiful evening enjoyed a terrific dinner outside at Carmichael's. Bone-in rib eye was very good and prepared to my specifications. My wife said her tilapia was excellent. Wine choices were good. Had plenty of food to take home and enjoy the next day. Service was good. An excellent place to enjoy outdoor dinning. Will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceWallycatVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have dined here many times and it's always good. The service is great and it is a great place to go befpre going to a concert. My husband had a steak and I had the scallops. Our food was very good. The wine list is great and there are always good choices for cocktails. Very happy with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightTDub725Dined on 8/7/2014This experience was disappointing. I've eaten at Carmichaels before and enjoyed the food. The service was also great. This evening we decided to eat outdoors. The service was slow, attention was poor, and the waitress asked us if we decided on our food prior to telling us what the specials were. In fact, I had to ask her for the specials. My date ordered a lobster tail at market price and I had the meatloaf. After waiting 40 minutes our food arrived. The 16oz lobster tail was dried completely. We told our waitress about the lobster tail and she offered 1/2 off the price. Why should anyone pay 1/2 on dried food? I was offended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlacesmileyDined on 8/7/2014We went for our anniversary and it was amazing! The food was good too and our waitress was as sweet as can be. One of the must trys in my opinion is their fruit salad and chilli for a starter. FYI, you can also get the salads in individual sizes although its not listed on the menuSpecial Features:
- Carmichael's never dissapoints...Src70Dined on 8/7/2014Fabulous food, staff, chef who is in touch with his clientele. Scenery is always where I want to be, inside or out on the patio. Valet and shuttle to shows and sports tops off the service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie21VIPDined on 8/3/2014Great food, great service! Too many good dishes to name, but the lobster tempura is a must have appetizer.Special Features:
- A bit off their gameTcoatVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been the Carmichael's a number of times in the past three years, preferring the bar to the dining room and outside seating whenever available because the courtyard is lovely. Usually order the rib eye, but went with the porterhouse to change things up and disappointed to say that the steak (ordered medium) arrived just short of well-done, particularly the filet side (so you know the strip side was overcooked). Steak was still edible and as my wife's Bison was cooked perfectly I mentioned to the waiter but did not want to send back and throw off the timing of our evening.
- WOW!!!!FaustDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent, the wait staff was right on the money from seating us to serving us. with a smile. the food was outstanding!!!!! we tried ( my wife and I ) the lobster tempura, that alone was a meal, the steak was wonderful, the PEI mussels outstanding!(for those who don`t know PEI stands for Prince Edward Island) my family would vacation there, the best mussels in the world. We will go definitely go back.Special Features:
- wonderful outdoor seatingNadineYVIPDined on 8/1/2014enjoyed our meal at carmichaels with a groupon. unfortunately the restaurant will be closing soon. they have a wonderful, large patio with lots of greenery; one of the best outdoor restaurant seating areas in the city. lots of space between tables, on a quiet tree-lined residential street. definitely hard to find another place like this. food was average in my opinion, filet mignon was well-cooked and seasoned, brussels sprouts were not flavored enough. shrimp was somewhat overcooked. dessert was fantastic--huge warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. if the restaurant wasn't set to close, i'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- will be backlegitloveDined on 7/31/2014Service was fast.servers were nice. Food was amazing. The steaks were so tender we couldnt stop eating. The prices were reasonable. For two it was around 150 and that was with drinks. Highly recommend. Just note you dont have to dress up for this place either. Just come in casual. Carmichael ill be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best food, pretty patioLP21VIPDined on 7/30/2014We've been here several times, as we live in the neighborhood. The food is not great compared to other steakhouses in the city (our steaks were all overcooked this time), but they have a pretty outdoor patio. Wine mark-up is high, and in general the food is overpriced. Service is not the most sophisticated, but they were quick. Can find good Groupon or other discount coupons to make this more affordable. The cheddar dip for the bread is good, and so is the creamed spinach and lava cake dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!!BirdieVIPDined on 7/27/2014A lovely patio area outside the restaurant allowed us to enjoy our meal. Great service on a busy night. Our waitress was most helpful in suggesting sharing the larger steaks. Sides are very generous, especially onion rings,Special Features:
- Blueberry6Dined on 7/26/2014Lovely late afternoon meal with a group of friends. Terrific food, terrific service. Can't wait to do it againSpecial Features:
- Chicago ClassicLizzieGDined on 7/25/2014Always amazing! Tried different entrees than usual and we were still thrilled!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- astroDined on 7/24/2014Fabulous filet. Just melts in your mouth. But I really go for the apple pie baked in a brown paper bag. Soooo good. I bring 1/2 home and enjoy for two more days just to extend the pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belcher's b-dayKeltDined on 7/20/2014Nice environment enjoyed a beautiful sunny evening. We ordered lobster it was not fresh as a matter of fact the lobster was soft and mushy. Would not recommend their seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks R UsDepchDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Great Service. Great atmosphere. Have been there at least a dozen times and will keep returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceCEO2Dined on 7/19/2014I ask a friend for recommendations for dinner on my anniversary, he recommended Carmicheals. Wonderful recommendation! I was sold from valet, to the front desk, the server, and the bar. My wife and I love the restaurant! It has become one of our few favorite restaurants! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyeater 1happyeater1Dined on 7/19/2014staff was very friendly waiter Arturo pointed out all the specials, drinks and food were promptly served and steaks were perfectly cooked. My wife and I are very pleased with our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Chicago Steakhouse . . .CarlaVZVIPDined on 7/18/2014we did the new york strip al forno and the porterhouse with garlic and herb butter . . . they were delicious, as were the garlic mashed and brussell sprouts. if you are looking for the steak house experience, this is a great place to go.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Being from Iowa there is nothing I like better than a great steak and knowing Chicago is noted for great steakhouses I wasn't disappointed with Carmichaels. We were staying at a friends condo not far away and didn't want to travel to far so we took the chance and we weren't disappointed my husbands bone in ribeye was perfectly prepared and I had the crab legs that just fell out of the shell no fighting for a bite and was seasoned so you really didn't need lemon or butter. There was outdoor seating and though the weather was perfect we sat indoors enjoying watching the families outside in a park like atmosphere. I always enjoy coming to Chicago to try there many wonderful restaurants and once again I wasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- cookieDined on 7/15/2014Couldn't be a better place for great steaks and wonderful, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peggyo383Dined on 7/14/2014Had a lovely experience dining outside on Monday, July 14. The steaks were exceptional, perfectly cooked and the crust was delicious. We had lemon cake for dessert which was very different and will recommend to everyone. The weather was beautiful, temperate and breezy. The service was adequate. I wasn't quite sure who our server was...we seemed to have two. The only down side was some kind of music/noise coming from the gazebo beyond the flower boxes. The sound was discordant and loud but did tone down after a a while.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Our waiter seem to be in a hurry most of the time--certainly did not make for a relaxed dining experience. 4 people should not be seated at a table for 4 because space is very limited at this table. Entrees are expensive and sides should be included---this would also free up table space if sides were served on the same plate. Nice that there is free parkingSpecial Features:
- Our new favorite steakhousemrswaveDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went with two of our teens for a celebration dinner. The valet service was prompt and efficient. We were seated immediately though we were about 10 minutes early for our reservation. The view of the garden area was lovely and added to the ambiance. Our server was fantastic, always right there when we needed anything. The food was fantastic. My husband thought the Baked French Onion Soup was a bit too salty, but the kids and I didn't agree. FTR - the homemade beer cheese spread is NOT "Cheez Whiz" as some other reviewers have snarked. It does have a distinctive beer flavor though. Salads are definitely share-able in size, as are the sides. The steaks were all cooked to perfection, crusts heavenly. Very good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice evening out.CafeyVino22VIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice dinner in a very warm and welcoming restaurant. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.