1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: (312) 433-0025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Consistently great service and very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2014Love this neighborhood steakhouse. Very well rounded menu, good ambiance and excellent, friendly staff. This is a regular stop for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1274 reviews are from the Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great West Loop DiningniknikDined on 11/17/2014I absolutely LOVE this place. Great steakhouse dining. Comfortable seating, not so tight that you're visiting the next table. Great service, attentive never rushed. Outstanding food. Great pre show dining for United center events with shuttle service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for before going to UCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014Great place to get a very good meal before Blackhawks or Bulls game. Servers usual understand the time crunch and get you in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before an event at the UCJohnny3VIPDined on 11/16/2014Our fourth visit prior to a Blackhawks game at the UC. The steaks and seafood we ordered were very good and served at the perfect temperatures. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We had to cancel our desserts due to the time it took to get them warmed in the kitchen. Manager apologized (nice touch) and removed items from our bill. Convenient free shuttle to and from the UC is an added bonus. A great dinner spot prior to a game of concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinPDined on 11/15/2014As always great food, but my server wasn't on his A game that night. But I still love the place, definitely still 1 of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's birthday dinnerCarolitaDined on 11/14/2014Celebrating Dad's 48th birthday, I am glad we chose this restaurant. My brother & dad had the 40oz steak and loved every minute of it. The staff was friendly, attentive and accommodating. We were able to bring Dad's favorite diabetic friendly cake from his favorite bakery without any hitch. I would definitely recommend it for anyone trying to have a celebratory dining experience or just a few drinks at the bar. Also, they are vegetarian friendly (yay for me)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant going to the United Center.JerryDined on 11/14/2014First time attending this restaurant and was very pleased. Excellent menu options and each dish was very tasty. The price was reasonable and the serving size very appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine restaurantDavidDined on 11/14/2014We eat at Nicks twice a year when in town and have for many years now. This most recent visit found them busier than we have ever seen them. Nearly full to capacity. While this was great for Nicks, it did affect the quality of service. Food, service and wait times all were affected by the volume of business. We are glad to see them busy, this is a restaurant that absolutely should be filled to capacity on weekend nights. Hopefully it will continue and the wrinkles will smooth out. We look forward to seeing them again in April. Thanks again for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceRossnmeVIPDined on 11/13/2014Had dinner with friends,and as usual the service was outstanding, food excellent. Our server made recommendations which were right on. A great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner experienceDblexpressoDined on 11/7/2014Excellent dinner, service could've been a little better but all in all great place.Special Features:
- CarmichaelsDMCDDined on 11/4/2014Food was good and the range of choices was great. You can get a snack or the biggest/tastiest steak on the planet. The staff was friendly and willing to accommodate your schedule. The free parking and the non stop free ride service to the united center was the bomb. Definitely the place to be before and after a game.Special Features:
- Pregame dinnerEd555Dined on 11/2/2014Got to our table right away. Great oysters and wine. My steak was just ok - little to charred for my liking. (Ny natural) my husbands was perfect (filet) nice dessert selection - overall a good dining expirence. Have had the French onion soup as well on another visit - would recommend it. Waitstaff excellent - will return to try other menu items Added bonus is a free shuttle to the Blackhawks game :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timemarcDined on 11/1/2014i had a enjoyable meal. Very "Chicago", nice large portion, steak was well cooked. the waiter recognized we were in a bit of a hurry and sped up service while still being relaxed. i was very happy.Special Features:
- Carmichaels outstanding steakhouseelipetkovichDined on 11/1/2014We celebrated Owen Mays 32ND Birthday 11/1/14 at Carmichaels Steakhouse , I enjoyed a great succulent melt in your mouth 16oz bone in Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes Owen celebrated his day with a dynamite 24oz Delmonico Steak and mashed potatoes pre meal drinks were excellent as well and post meal coffee to top off a fantastic meal in the best steakhouse in town Carmichaels has never let me down always outstanding food and service !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Blackhawk's Hockey GameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The steak was delicious - hot from the kitchen. I just wish they weren't closing and putting Residential real estate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The service was excellent and the food was good with responsible prices.I have already recommended the restaurant to people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Neighborhood SteakwordsmytheDined on 10/23/2014We recently moved out of Greektown, but Carmichael's will always have special memories for us. It's the place we would go for an unassuming atmosphere and great steakhouse food. Here's hoping the new place is half as good once they move out of the building next year!Special Features:
- Not my favoritelinadinaVIPDined on 10/22/2014It's a cool looking old school Chicago steak house, and the service was very good. The wine list was thorough and reasonably priced. I was very disappointed with the food though. Our lobster tempura was very dense and doughy, and the ribeye we ordered tasted closer to hamburger than steak. I'd recommend visiting elsewhere if you're looking for a tasty meal; however, if you must go I'd order a bottle of wine and a slice of apple pie.
- Covers all the bases. ..RLE70Dined on 10/22/2014The experience at Carmichaels was very traditional for steak house. Covered all the bases and there were no surprises. A request for a booth on our 19th anniversary went unnoticed. Not a mention of the anniversary was a missed opportunity to make a special day more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I have been to Carmichael's many times. This time I took a friend here from out of town who wanted a steak. Our steaks were superbly prepared - a nearly charred exterior with a warm and pink interior. The taste was great. My guest will surely be back on the next trip to town.Special Features:
- Great eveningSpiceyjiDined on 10/18/2014It was a date night for us. The food was delicious and the service was great. However, my husbands steak was a bit undercooked. He asked for medium well and it was rare-medium. He refused to send it back, then only ate half of it. So it was a bit of a waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointed...MindfuldinerDined on 10/18/2014We like to eat here before the Hawks game. Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food .travelerDined on 10/18/2014The host was welcoming and the atmosphere was friendly. We were 4 ladies and did not realize that many sports fans dine here. We thoroughly enjoyed being part of the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Forget Morton's and Ruth Chris best steak ever at Carmichael's and the crab legs are perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmanVIPDined on 10/16/2014My favorite restaurant in Chicago! Have been to a lot over 40 plus years and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit here. Just very comfortable and the steaks (and every thing else) are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect nothing less than top notch5starHawksFanDined on 10/15/2014Great service, great drinks, great food. Hottest spot on the west side , especially before hawks/bulls games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRonnieDined on 10/13/2014I enjoy my evening more than I imagined. It was a special occasion and the setting along with the service covered all the bases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueMintyFreshVIPDined on 10/11/2014Carmichael's is a solid steakhouse without the high price tag that you get at Gibson's, Mastro's etc. Decor is casual and service is decent but really come here for the food at better prices.Special Features:
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014Carmichael's is a premiere steakhouse. I award it the best steak in Chicago. What a West Loop gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014The service and food were great. Easy access and parking.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had a great time. He was full after the appetizer (barbecue shrimp and bacon was delicious) and didnt even touch his burger lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-United Center gemMResDined on 10/3/2014Great dinner spot before a United Center event. Free valet parking and shuttle bus to and from UC. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Old School Steak HouseFrankDined on 10/2/2014Carmichaels is an old school steak house. I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. They serve a 2" steak for just about every cut. The steak is done correctly every time. The menu is al a carte so you have to order your steaks and sides separately. The sides are large enough to share among about 3 people including the baked potato. The waitstaff is attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. I have never been disappointed for my meals here and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great foodJohninchicagoVIPDined on 10/2/2014This place is great. I come here for dinner before concerts at the United Center. Their shuttle service is great.Special Features:
- carmichaelsmarvinVIPDined on 9/28/2014went to carmihaels on a sunday evening, surprisingly it wasn't crowed, food and ambiance was very nice, i love the free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGood2GoDined on 9/28/2014The service was tremendous and the food was great, I am a critic of restaurants because I love to cook, and everything that I can think of was perfect. The food was so good I left some for lunch the next day because I wanted to experience what I ate the day before. You can also tell that the staff was well in tune with each other and its regulars. It was perfect weather so that made the day even better and positive!!Special Features:
- great steakskspurDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed my visit and dining expericence at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014The steaks and the service were excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Everything was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Food was ok. The garlic and peppercorn crust on top of my rib eye was too salty, I had to scrape most of it off and eat the steak without it. Our waiter was fair to ok. No beer menu so when I asked him what was on tap he hurriedly got one for me so I felt rushed when I ordered my beer. We had to remind him a couple of times about a few of our orders after we initially ordered them (diet Coke, my ranch dressing never came, etc). I had my entire family with me, 5 people. They were not impressed either. I would probably not go back.Special Features:
- Good foodTMH2012Dined on 9/20/2014Our main dishes, Seared Ahi Tuna and New York Strip was great. Even the Lobster Tempura was a good choice. We were less than impressed with the garlic mashed potatoes. Although they were good mashed potatoes, nothing distinguishing about them. Didn't really get a garlic flavor from them. The creamed spinach was just ok. Since they were supposedly flavored with bacon and onions, I was expecting more.Special Features: