1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: 3124330025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (128)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (103)good for groups (79)romantic (56)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Good foodTMH2012Dined on 9/20/2014Our main dishes, Seared Ahi Tuna and New York Strip was great. Even the Lobster Tempura was a good choice. We were less than impressed with the garlic mashed potatoes. Although they were good mashed potatoes, nothing distinguishing about them. Didn't really get a garlic flavor from them. The creamed spinach was just ok. Since they were supposedly flavored with bacon and onions, I was expecting more.Special Features:
- A night a Carmicheal'sCalvinDined on 9/20/2014I haven't miss yet in choosing at Carmichael's the service has always been great, whether the accommodation has been for 2 of or 10 of us. They have an excel wine list and selection of craft brews. There steaks are excellent, my favorite is their pork chop. I'm a big eater and I have ask for a doggie bag, each time I order it. Carmichael's has an excellent choice of sides my favorite is Au Gratin potatoes are my favorite. During Blackhawk homes it tough get a table for pre-game, it clear out after the game starts. Free parking is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Great dinner, as alwaysPondy5Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I LOVE this restaurant. We spent part of our date night pointing out all the tables we had sat at while on other date nights at this amazing place. The nostalgia stems from the knowledge that this building has been sold. We are hoping Carmichaels will remain, whether in the same building, or in another location nearby. We will be truly disappointed if this, one of our favorite restaurants, becomes a casualty of the overwhelming housing boom in this area. The food here is always made to perfection; the wait staff is always there when you need them, but not so much so that it's intrusive (and they're always smiling!); and we have a soft spot for the neighborhood/view since we used to live there. This is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elipetkovichDined on 9/13/2014I had the 20 oz lobster tail w asparagus . it was the tastiest tenderest tail I have ever had fantastic !Special Features:
- Bone-in FilletQuiet2Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Carmichael's for dinner and enjoyed the quiet environment. I ordered a bone-in fillet and she had pan-seared scallops. The fillet was undercooked and the scallops were not served hot. The waiter took the steak back and cooked it some more but still was not completely done. Would have really enjoyed this if the food were done right. Might give this one another shot. Maybe.Special Features:
- Just the Best!RomaDined on 9/12/2014You must visit this steakhouse before it closes in 1 year. The food, service, and everything else is just phenomenal in this place. A must go for a good steak, fish, or anything else that your stomach desires. Love the filet mignon with different crusts.Special Features:
- Another great meal ...DennyMDined on 9/8/2014This is our go to spot for some our favorite foods. French onion soup, wedge salad, Prime steaks, baked or Au gratin potato ... yum. Very nice staff and a very nice bar program. The outdoor space in warm weather might be the best in the city. Easy parking on the street (free) of "free" valet parking at the restaurant. For many of the United Center events (Bulls, Hawks, concerts)they offer shuttle from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful West Loop FindGeeWizDined on 9/8/2014This was my first visit to Carmichael's but it will not be my last. The atmosphere was top notch with being pretentious. The staff was friendly and provided great service and the meal was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chicago favoritefrp0511VIPDined on 9/8/2014Great patio, nice little front bar, all in a rustic setting. One of my favorite steak joints in Chicago.Special Features:
- We will be back.KathleenDined on 9/6/2014It was my 1st visit and it exceeded my expectations. We had an 8:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Juan was our server and was great. Our compliments to Chef Dean and the entire staff. The food was fantastic and we had such a good time that we made reservations for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place, service, food!RomaDined on 9/6/2014Please give this place a try before they close within 1 year. Excellent food, service, experience, and great outside seating area. Will be very sad to see this place go. We love it and it a neighborhood gem. Steaks and fish are the best!Special Features:
- Amazing Beginnings --- Say no moreSuzyDined on 9/6/2014My husband wanted a steak so I suggested Carmichaels. Checking the menu, I knew I had lots of options and would order fish, However, I became fixated on the Lobster Tempura in the "Beginnings" appetizer section and decided to order this and a casaer salad. I think I died and went to heaven because it was an awesome meal. The Lobster tails were perfectly battered and cooked, ample size and my salad was the perfect compliment. While my husband was equally enjoying his steak, I saw him look over at my lobster with the look of wishing he could have a taste. I shared a tempura tail with him and he agreed that I had made an awesome choice too. As I'm writing this, I'm dreaming of my return trip to order this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak side just okElvisDined on 9/3/2014I had a groupon for carmichael's restaurant so we went there the other night .My wife and I split the Cobb salad which was excellent and we both ordered the filet which waas also excellent but we had two sides the scallop potatoes and Brussels spouts which where just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food subpar for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I am not one to complain, but the server had no idea about any of the beers. And didn't ask the bartender. The food was over cooked. Oysters were a good size, and the crab cakes were amazing. But the main course and dessert was not worth it. Could have paid half the price for the same experience.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBDB717Dined on 9/2/2014Carmichaels is a hidden gem between the west loop and the United Center - fantastic food, great ambiance, truly an old style place to be seen for a power lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Good foodSheriDined on 8/30/2014Food was very tasty! A bit pricey but worth it. 10 oz filet should be butterflied so done at med+ the first time it comes out, had to send back for additional cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Filet mignon was delicious. Side portions were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gemshoegirl720Dined on 8/30/2014I have been going to Carmichaels for years and every time my husband and I go it's always delicious. We celebrated his birthday and everything was perfection.Special Features:
- Best patio in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Always great food and summer is the best imd to go. The patio is beautiful and the steaks perfect. The wait staff is also professional and friendly. The perfect evening.Special Features:
- GoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014love this place have an excellent fruit salad and the dressing gives it an even better taste. purchased one to take home.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicepickyeaterDined on 8/27/2014Four of us dined. At the end of the meal my brother-in-law remarked, "I have a new favorite steak house. The steak was done perfectly and melted in my mouth." 3 of the 4 of us had steak. All had a similar experience. The other dish ordered was the Tilapia. Excellent service from the wait staff and hostess made the evening even better. The tempura lobster was excellent as an appetizer. The only downside was the house merlot. It tasted like it had probably been opened the night before. The outdoor sitting area is quiet, well landscaped, and makes it hard to believe you're less than 10 blocks from the very center of a world class city.Special Features:
- platemateDined on 8/25/2014Service was a bit slow, but the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodKdmccaDined on 8/22/2014Everything was good but nothing was great. We enjoyed the food and the great round booth but the server was a bit annoying and the room needed music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerCherdinesoutDined on 8/20/2014We had a lovely meal with very good service. The restaurant wasn't crowded since we ate later in the evening on weekday but we were very comfortable and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor areaMaryDined on 8/20/2014Sitting outside in the heart of the city, you will feel as if you are in the country! Beautiful flowers and ambiance. Free valet parking is a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonGDined on 8/17/2014An amazing dining experience. Experience. I had the 24 ounce porterhouse, peppercorned, and it was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmichaelsBennyDined on 8/15/2014This steak house literally stands alone on this mostly residential street. The bar is a happening place and the restaurant is reminiscent of typical Chicago Chophouses in the 40 and 50s. The foo. d is delicious. I loved the lobster tempuraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable excellencedrcheseDined on 8/14/2014The food and service are superb and the quite residential setting makes the outdoor option even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualscrwabashDined on 8/14/2014This is one of our go-to places in the city for special events, meeting friends, etc. Great service, excellent wine choices, and of course, outstanding steaks. We hope Carmichael's is here for many more years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerBigPapiDined on 8/8/2014On a beautiful evening enjoyed a terrific dinner outside at Carmichael's. Bone-in rib eye was very good and prepared to my specifications. My wife said her tilapia was excellent. Wine choices were good. Had plenty of food to take home and enjoy the next day. Service was good. An excellent place to enjoy outdoor dinning. Will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceWallycatVIPDined on 8/8/2014I have dined here many times and it's always good. The service is great and it is a great place to go befpre going to a concert. My husband had a steak and I had the scallops. Our food was very good. The wine list is great and there are always good choices for cocktails. Very happy with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightTDub725Dined on 8/7/2014This experience was disappointing. I've eaten at Carmichaels before and enjoyed the food. The service was also great. This evening we decided to eat outdoors. The service was slow, attention was poor, and the waitress asked us if we decided on our food prior to telling us what the specials were. In fact, I had to ask her for the specials. My date ordered a lobster tail at market price and I had the meatloaf. After waiting 40 minutes our food arrived. The 16oz lobster tail was dried completely. We told our waitress about the lobster tail and she offered 1/2 off the price. Why should anyone pay 1/2 on dried food? I was offended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlacesmileyDined on 8/7/2014We went for our anniversary and it was amazing! The food was good too and our waitress was as sweet as can be. One of the must trys in my opinion is their fruit salad and chilli for a starter. FYI, you can also get the salads in individual sizes although its not listed on the menuSpecial Features:
- Carmichael's never dissapoints...Src70Dined on 8/7/2014Fabulous food, staff, chef who is in touch with his clientele. Scenery is always where I want to be, inside or out on the patio. Valet and shuttle to shows and sports tops off the service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie21VIPDined on 8/3/2014Great food, great service! Too many good dishes to name, but the lobster tempura is a must have appetizer.Special Features:
- A bit off their gameTcoatVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been the Carmichael's a number of times in the past three years, preferring the bar to the dining room and outside seating whenever available because the courtyard is lovely. Usually order the rib eye, but went with the porterhouse to change things up and disappointed to say that the steak (ordered medium) arrived just short of well-done, particularly the filet side (so you know the strip side was overcooked). Steak was still edible and as my wife's Bison was cooked perfectly I mentioned to the waiter but did not want to send back and throw off the timing of our evening.
- WOW!!!!FaustDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent, the wait staff was right on the money from seating us to serving us. with a smile. the food was outstanding!!!!! we tried ( my wife and I ) the lobster tempura, that alone was a meal, the steak was wonderful, the PEI mussels outstanding!(for those who don`t know PEI stands for Prince Edward Island) my family would vacation there, the best mussels in the world. We will go definitely go back.Special Features:
- wonderful outdoor seatingNadineYVIPDined on 8/1/2014enjoyed our meal at carmichaels with a groupon. unfortunately the restaurant will be closing soon. they have a wonderful, large patio with lots of greenery; one of the best outdoor restaurant seating areas in the city. lots of space between tables, on a quiet tree-lined residential street. definitely hard to find another place like this. food was average in my opinion, filet mignon was well-cooked and seasoned, brussels sprouts were not flavored enough. shrimp was somewhat overcooked. dessert was fantastic--huge warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. if the restaurant wasn't set to close, i'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- will be backlegitloveDined on 7/31/2014Service was fast.servers were nice. Food was amazing. The steaks were so tender we couldnt stop eating. The prices were reasonable. For two it was around 150 and that was with drinks. Highly recommend. Just note you dont have to dress up for this place either. Just come in casual. Carmichael ill be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best food, pretty patioLP21VIPDined on 7/30/2014We've been here several times, as we live in the neighborhood. The food is not great compared to other steakhouses in the city (our steaks were all overcooked this time), but they have a pretty outdoor patio. Wine mark-up is high, and in general the food is overpriced. Service is not the most sophisticated, but they were quick. Can find good Groupon or other discount coupons to make this more affordable. The cheddar dip for the bread is good, and so is the creamed spinach and lava cake dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.