Carmen's Cafe - Leawood
11526 Ash Street
Leawood, KS 66211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmen's Cafe - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmenscafekc.com/
- Phone: 9133277115
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday 11:00am - 2:00pm; Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Amado Roman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Bree Sanders 9133277115
A word from Carmen's Cafe - Leawood
Carmen's has opened its door to another neighborhood in fashionable Park Place in Leawood. The beautiful new Carmen's Cafe is now open and serving lunch and dinner. The same great food that has drawn followers from all over Kansas City is being dished up in the sophisticated new setting. Right inside the door is a long, elegant bar for drinks after work or while waiting for dinner. A classy dining area as well as wrought iron tables on the front brick sidewalk provide delightful choices depending on your mood and the weather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmen's Cafe - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food/So-so atmospherediner1232Dined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed our meal, but it's definitely not a place to try to have a conversation. Not particularly relaxing, but I would go back. The Veal Oscar was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. This is my 3rdfoodieDined on 11/9/2013great food. This is my 3rd time - I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointedAngieDined on 10/26/2013We came here for our 6 year wedding anniversary and after we left we agreed it was the biggest waste of money we've ever spent on a fancy meal. If you're going to go somewhere nice do yourself a favor and pick a different restaurant.
- It's been betterDexterDined on 10/24/2013Carmen's has been one of our favorites, but tonight, the service was very slow. We had to ask for drinks. We had to wait for the waiter to show up to ask to order. Appitizers sat, fininshed, on our table for a very long time. Asked for another glass of wine, not offered. There was also a ceiling light that was flickering as if it was about to burn out. At first it was funny, but after an hour or so, it became annoying. Food was still good, as always. We'll go back, and hope for better service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to parAceyDined on 9/25/2013We went with family on a week night and were disappointed in the service. Had to ask for water refills and extra bread. My husband always orders the same entree and he said it was so-so this time. Hopefully this was just an off night for Carmen's. We do like eating here and will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The veal and the salmon werebobcDined on 9/7/2013The veal and the salmon were both very good and for a reasonable price. Bread could be more interesting.
- Wonderful evening with 2 couples...AthensDined on 9/6/2013Wonderful evening with 2 couples...great waiter, lovely service and delicious food. Consistently good food. Atmosphere perfect for a date night. Love having Carmen's South in this great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of eight. Each personBERGRDined on 8/31/2013Party of eight. Each person ordered a different spiedini. Everything was delicious! Great variety of food and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of an Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2013KC has a number of well-known Italian restaurants, some live up to their reputation, while others disappoint. My wife an I have adopted Carmen's as our favorite in KC. The menu has tremendous variety and we've yet to have a disappointing dish. Most are yummy. From the pastas, to the seafood, and small plates, you're sure to find something you will enjoy. And the prices are reasonable. Even better, they take reservations and their is outside seating. There are two areas of disappointment. First, the bread and butter. The bread tastes like it was bought at a grocery store and is served nearly cold with packets of butter. The dessert menu is tiny. We're not often dessert eaters, but have looked at the menu a couple of time only to pass.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationAceyDined on 8/23/2013As usual, the food and service were wonderful. We were celebrating 2 birthdays from the previous week and our waiter brought two dishes of ice cream without asking for ID's! We found that very thoughtful and it summed up our experience for the evening. We love coming here as a couple or as a large group.Special Features:
- Carmen's was wonderfulkbhershDined on 8/15/2013Great dinner and the wine was an excellent pair to the foodSpecial Features:
- A little disappointingDisappointedDined on 8/15/2013Disappointing compared to Carmen's in Brookside. One person ordered crab cakes - later found out they were not available and instead ordered canneloni, which were plopped on the plate in a weird enchilada-like sauce. Wedge salad was just lettuce with strange white dressing, not bleu cheese, with no other toppings. I ordered tilapia and declined the customary side of pasta. Waiter offered to bring me vegetables instead of pasta, and I said yes please, but the veggies never arrived. (The tilapia was tasty.) One member of the party had to ask several times for a second gin and tonic. Attractive place with a fun atmosphere. If the cost was less, perhaps we could forgive the average food and so-so service.
- Best Italian restaurant inLuvitalianDined on 8/3/2013Best Italian restaurant in town. Veal Sebastian melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumBJSkurdalDined on 7/30/2013First time there, wonderful experience & awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. WaiterbaileysmomDined on 7/26/2013Food was very good. Waiter was new, said he had only worked 4 shifts. He did not know the menu well. He also kept reaching in front of me to remove plates.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedjanlovestoeatoutDined on 7/25/2013Out of a wine selection. Out of crab cakes. Tasteless Caesar salad. Waiter talked fast and was difficult to understand. He didn't listen but assumed. Never a good combination. (Example: I was debating whether to get my steak medallions medium or medium rare. Somehow he decided I wanted it medium well. They had to redo it.) He did apologize for all the issues we had saying the restaurant was under new "administration" whatever that means. So disappointed.
- A Wonderful Memory!no35Dined on 7/21/2013We celebrated our 35th anniversary at Carmen's Park Place recently. My husband ordered Steak Oscar and found the dish to be tender and delicious. I ordered Chicken Jacquliene. It was a perfect accompaniment to the fresh tomato basil pasta. Our salads were fresh, chilled and had the perfect amount of dressing on them.The waiter was attentive and polite. The restaurant was clean, well appointed and comfortable. We definitely will return on other occasions with our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKLuv2wineDined on 7/20/2013I felt that it was a bit over priced for the quality of food that was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at Carmens in LeawoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2013When dinIng at Carmens in Leawood request Pastrana as your server then your evening will be complete, great service and lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!lrob5989Dined on 6/27/2013We didn't really know what to expect when booking a reservation for Carmen's Café. We were pleased with our entire experience. The service was attentive, but not overly attentive. I got a glass of the Bluefeld Riesling, which went very nicely with my entrée. I got Judy's Rigatoni. The sauce was thick, but it coated the pasta and there wasn't a pool of sauce on the bottom of my plate. It had peas, which I don't normally eat, but the texture went very well with the pasta sauce. My husband got the Chicken Saltimbocca, which he thoroughly enjoyed. It had a light creamy sauce, and a delicious cheese on top. We had a great time overall, and had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service. Tough veal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2013Poor service. Tough veal. Rubbery salmon. It was half price wine night but they were out of our chosen wine. Will not return.
- DELIGHTFULJamiDined on 6/12/2013I have been to Carmen's in Brookside multiple times. The Carmen's in Leawood didn't disappoint and exceeded my expectations. We had a party of 9 and had absolutely no issues! Delicious food! Favorite Italian restaurant in the KC area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceScottDined on 6/2/2013We really enjoyed our first dinner at Carmen's. The setting was very comfortable, the bar looked very nice. Food,service,atmosphere just wonderful. We have several menu items we want to try on our next visit, which will be very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightWiner22Dined on 6/1/2013Great food suggested by a cute waiter. All was good and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2013We chose Carmen's for my daughters high school graduation dinner. We were very disappointed. Service was slow to arrive and rushed when she arrived. She asked for drink orders and then rushed off before everyone had a chance to order. When she asked if we were ready to order we said yes and she said just a minute and ran off. As she was taking our order she failed to ask several people about salad. When the food arrived the gnocchi was burnt and the red sauce for several dishes was watery. No one from management ever came over to check on us or apologize for the poor service or substandard food. So disappointing to have my daughters important day end on this note.
- Kudos to Carmen's!ItsdreDined on 5/17/2013My fiancé & I sat on the patio and we really enjoyed everything! Our server, Taylor was sweet & attentive. The cocktails & wine were delicious! We ordered several items from the Tapas menu & enjoyed everything, the seafood sampler tapa in butter and white wine sauce was disappointing due to thickness of the sauce and portion size, however we really enjoyed all of the other items we ordered. We will return to Carmen's Cafe, it is a nice neighborhood gem :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took too longCW19Dined on 4/29/2013I came with a group of 8 for a business lunch. Our reservation was for 11:45. We ordered within 10 min of arrival. Salads took a little longer than usual, but not bad. Our meals didn't come until 12:40. 2 of our group actually had to get to-go boxes because they had 1:00pm meetings. The place was not very busy at all. Doesn't work at all for a business lunch.
- Stop Pushing the SpecialsmajicDined on 4/19/2013Carmen's consistently puts out good food but our server (Beena) was over zealous about pushing the night's two specials (filet mignon & sea bass) to the point that when one of our guests inquired about the salmon oscar, she replied "don't you like sea bass"? I don't know if the servers benefit from selling the specials, but it bordered on the obnoxious how they were being pushed. Frankly, I like to review the menu & make my own choices, not a choice based on someone else's gain or palate for that matter. Also both of the wines we chose (Farrari Carano) were no longer available but still appeared on the wine list. The server should have known this when we requested them & not had to return to the table & ask us to make another selection.Special Features:
- this is a go to place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2013Was a very nice experience. This was our first visit but not out last.Special Features:
- Overall the food was veryDavidDined on 4/6/2013Overall the food was very good, but a little too heavy on the white sauces.Special Features:
- although waiter was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013although waiter was good, he was extremley overburdened with too many tables. With a wine lists as long as yours, he should be allowed enough time to ansewer questions. I ordered a glass of wine with my entree, and by the time it arrived, my food was cold.Very disappointed.
- Food was great...waiter was.friendlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013Food was great...waiter was.friendly and efficient. Been there a few times and food never disappoints.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2013The food was excellent, well prepared and attractive. Our server was attentive, capable and friendly.a We enjoy Carmen's. I especially appreciate the use of olive oil and the overall lightness of food preparation.Special Features:
- Carmen's food is always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2013Carmen's food is always consistent and good. We had a young and inexperienced waiter so the service was marginal at best.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2013Taking a client out to dinner - made a reservation on open table - got to the restuarant and it was on winter hours (CLOSED)- very embarassing!!!! Staff is not longer allowed to take clients to Carmen's.
- Very good as usual. Busy SaturdayMarksBitsDined on 3/9/2013Very good as usual. Busy Saturday night. Nice bar crowd. 4 of our group had never visited before and were very impresssed.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Richman, was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Our waiter, Richman, was fantastic & his recommendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Everything was great! We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Everything was great! We had appetizer, entrée, wine, and dessert. Our food was fantastic, waiter was attentive and funny. The temperature was perfect and it was not too noisy. Very satisfied.Special Features:
- We went to Carmen's to celebratekillercookDined on 3/9/2013We went to Carmen's to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We stated that in our reservation but it was never mentioned during our time there. We ordered the chicken speidini and the veal both with the alfredo sauce, linguini and artichoke hearts. The speidini and veal were great, but there was too much sauce and the artichoke hearts had a metallic taste. We had tirimisu for desert and it was great, but the waitress only offed us two different deserts and we later heard her give another table a much longer desert list. They seemed in a hurry to turn the table at the end. We will probably go back at some time but order different items off the menu.Special Features:
- This was my first time atMavenDined on 3/7/2013This was my first time at Carmen's and I probably won't go back. The staff was polite and friendly enough but the quality of the food was the equivalent of a very expensive "Olive Garden." In my opinion it was definitely not worth the cost of the meal.