Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury
757 Main Street South
Woodbury, CT 06798Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmenanthony.com/
- Phone: 2032660011
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 3:00pm; DINNER: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Demers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining accommodations for up to 40 or more guests are available. With multiple banquet menu choices, you're sure to find the perfect menu for your party within your budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Woodbury Room can accommodate approximately 35 people for private parties, meetings, and dinners. For larger private parties please contact us, as we have different areas throughout the restaurant that can accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Cummings 2032660011
- Entertainment: You asked us to bring back the bar menu, and we listened! Now, back by popular demand, and better than ever, we give you the best bar menus in the state of CT! Available all day, every day, so it's always the perfect time to join us at the bar. Our new 6.6.6 Happy Hour ain't your grandma's happy hour. This one is meant for the "little devil" in all of us, with WICKED GOOD food and drink specials, Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm. Excited to try our devilish delights? Come join us today!
- Special Events: Our NEW 6.6.6 Happy Hour is for the “little devil” in all of us. Get WICKED GOOD $6 food and drink specials Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm. Sundays and Mondays are for Wine Lovers! Get 50% off all bottles up to $150 and 25% all bottles over $150 every Sunday and Monday.
A word from Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury
It was just two short years after the opening of Carmen Anthony Steakhouse that our beautiful Carmen Anthony Fishhouse opened in historic Woodbury. Born of our legendary commitment to excellence, we are known for our fresh-only fish in nearly endless variety, and live Maine lobsters up to 5 pounds, cooked to perfection. We also feature a superior wine list and the same superb customer service that all Carmen Anthony Restaurants are known for. Year after year, all Carmen Anthony wine lists are awarded the prestigious “Award of Excellence” by Wine Spectator Magazine. The readers of Connecticut Magazine declare us among their numerous awards, “Connecticut’s Best Clam Chowder," “Connecticut’s Best Crab Cake” and "Best Seafood in Litchfield County."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury - Best Restaurants in Woodbury, CT ›
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Something has changed hererichDined on 9/11/2014This is not the place it used to be. We go here every year for our anniversary, and are usually treated special. This year it was like any other day. The rose I requested was not there (every other year it was). The candle on the table was not lit (all other tables were).The server had the personality of a snail. The owner/manager used to come around and see if everything was ok. The food was still excellent.We will be looking for a new place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodSandiDined on 9/6/2014The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and piano playing topped off a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat2eatDined on 9/3/2014The staff was very welcoming, professional and attentive. The restaurant was clean and comfortable and spacious enough. Menu items and wine selections were abundant and the food was terrific. The surf & turf I ordered was cooked perfectly and the pinot noir just complimented it all. There was even ample parking. I would certainly encourage family or friends to visit Carmen Anthony Fishhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating dual anniversariesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Dinner was very good. While I had a confirmation email of our reservation, the restaurant did not have is in the system. They did, however quickly accommodate us and we were sat after we had a drink in the bar. Loved the 1/2 off wine special too. Nice touch to offer free dessert for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great food all aroundAstroBlackSDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is "moderate high end", and is priced accordingly. The food is always great, as everything I have tried has been excellent. Despite it being a fish house, the steak is still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorennycVIPDined on 8/23/2014I loved my experience. The staff is so very warm, the food is excellent! And this is coming from a NY foodie : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014We had a most enjoyable meal on Sunday afternoon. Food was excellent. Taylor, our waiter, was greatSpecial Features:
- Summer seafood not by the seashore.RaconteuroftheRepastDined on 8/9/2014Substantive martinis, a worldly wine list, a few well-chosen steak selections, but mostly old school seafood fare (ie. Imperiales, Florentines, Maitre d'hotels...). Notably absent were raw bar selections. Owners might consider an interior spruce up, patrons might consider a sweater if thin blooded - the air conditioning was pumping. Even the small (1 lbs.) king crab leg order was a healthy portion, served straight forward (steamed), accompanied by drawn butter and a football-sized baked potato. The ctr cut filet (ordered med-rare) was well-executed and notable. The sole Florentine - not so much (a bit overbreaded). The crowd leans to mature, but the wait staff is young, energetic and very professional. Overall a good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointCrasher1339Dined on 8/8/2014Been coming here for years and never had a bad meal. Nothing imaginative or "out there", just great steak and fish prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningAllforauntkayDined on 8/2/2014We visit our Aunt every year and take her out to dinner. The last few years we have gone to Carmen Anthony's and consistently have had a warm welcome, great service, delicious food, and an atmosphere and ambience that enhanced our dining experience. God willing we will be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen problems???EmmaleeDined on 8/1/2014Tonight was different then other experiences here. The crab cake was all potato. The risotto in the seafood dish was mushy and ill tasting. My dish had risotto with asparagus that tasted like julienne STALKS were infused. If it had not been a celebration, I would have sent the plate back to the kitchen. That night I felt like I had glass in my intestines and was uncomfortable the following day as well. I knew it was the the food and contacted a manager at the restaurant today. She was attentive and said she would pass the information to the chef, though she didn't take my name to get back to me. Hope this experience was just a "blip" and wish management had offered to get back to me.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014We were greeted and served in a very friendly and professional way with welcome accommodations for our 6-year old. Food was very good, though not amazing, and deserts were huge and delicious. Prices were a little high for meals received, but portions were healthy. Overall, high marks with strong recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomaDined on 5/31/2014Food was excellent. A little pricey. Was surprised by the lack of a crowd since when I was there several years ago it was packed with shoulder to shoulder bar. Drinks were excellent (martinis). Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cgeorgeDined on 5/25/2014My mussel appetizer was excellent. The prime rib flavor was odd and my guess was that it was reheated in a microwave.
- The following 400 reviews are from the Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Woodbury reviews archive.
- Mother's DayKevinFromSBYDined on 5/11/2014We went to Carmen Anthony's in Woodbury for Mother's Day dinner. The menu had a nice selection of appetizers, salads, fish, and meat dishes. Our party had both steak and fish and we all enjoyed our meals fairly well. The servers were all very friendly and attentive. My only "complaint" was that both the appetizers and the meals were delivered to our table in a relatively quick time, almost too fast. It made me wonder if, with the limited menu, the meals were prepared in advance rather than when ordered. On a special occasion such as Mother's Day, I'd like to relax and chat for a while and we didn't get that opportunity. I know it is a rather strange "complaint", so take it for what it's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis of great diningwineslayerDined on 5/11/2014Woodbury is a lucky community to have such a great restaurant at hand. With a menu to accommodate everyone, and quality ingredients, make dining the kind of pleasure that seems hard to find nowadays. We find the staff here polite and friendly, but most importantly; attentive. Although calling itself "Fishhouse", the steaks here are as fine as can be found anywhere. Atmosphere is elegant while remaining comfortable for the casual. My family give it 5 stars!Special Features:
- Highly recommened.ojoeDined on 5/11/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. The staff makes it clear with everything they do that you are important to them and they want your experience to be the best that they can deliver and they do deliver an outstanding experience every time.Special Features:
- Yummy!!MaresDined on 4/25/2014I have never tasted a better seafood casserole in my life. My husband had the salmon Imperial, it was magnificent! The salad was amazingly good. The only thing I found fault with what's the Keylime pie. Too much crust, two little filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutdatedLuv2eatDined on 4/22/2014This place is ridiculous. Its for the 60's and older crowd, with vanishing taste buds. There are so many better places to eat in Litchfield County when you want to drop two bills. The ambience is outdated. The restaurant empty. The salad way too wet with dressing. No effort from the kitchen, but I think its the owner's final say, not the workers, that is the problem: it is the execution of the dish, the same dish for decades. Its the same old same old. If you took a Stouffers frozen dinner and a entree off their menu, I wouldn't know which was which. Call Chef Ramsey to the rescue. Carmen has nerve trying to act like this place is worth what he charges. The prices continue to go up, the quality the opposite direction.Special Features:
- Easter Sunday Buffer 20143plusbabyDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed our Easter Sunday Buffet at the 4:00 seating. Food as always was very good. Our waitress was attentive but quiet as we had to ask questions about the food on the buffet etc. I think she should have explained all of this upon our sitting down. We had to ask for coffee to go with dessert. Also felt a little rushed as there was another seating following the 4:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmen Anthony's Easter BrunchJJMfromWtbyDined on 4/20/2014An annual tradition in my family because of the wonderfully planned menu, properly cooked food, and attentive service of the waitstaff. Wait staff are always great at Carmen Anthony's but did a great job under the onslaught of customers. Kitchen team prepared every tray properly; no short cuts even when demand hoarded over supply. This restaurant knows its logistics and makes everything very easy for customers. Dining here on a regular night is a treat, too, as they give you the five star treatment for three star pricing. Grateful to have them make holiday brunch available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night a Wonderful MealpeobusDined on 4/15/2014We read about your Tuesday evening special and brought our parents. We each enjoyed a delicious salad, entree and dessert. Top notch service and great food.Special Features:
- Enjoyable family dinnerFoodDocVIPDined on 4/13/2014This is my Son's favorite lobster place in our area. His 3.7 pound choice was just to his liking and satisfied his birthday craving. The remainder of us had a variety of selections, all to our liking. Of course, the deserts were great. My wife availed herself of the ever changing martini list and was not disappointed in the new banana concoction.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 4/12/2014Want a great dining experience? You found it at Carmen Anthony. Start with one of their fabulous martini's and your on you way to a great dining experience. The food is delicious, the wine list extensive and their desserts are scrumptious. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit in a whileVinnieChiDined on 4/12/2014Tried CA on a Saturday night. Haven't been there in years. Pretty much as I remembered. Décor hasn't changed a bit. The menu seemed smaller than earlier tries...and so were the portions. But not the prices. Service was good, but should have been because the place was half-empty in the main dining room. Excellent drinks and wine list. Good choices of seafood and steak. Appetizers were terrific! Don't skip dessert. I loved the carrot cake. A definite for special times to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodREMSDined on 4/11/2014Everything was great though the noise from the bar was fairly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent oysters RockefellerlkuckyDined on 4/5/2014Excellent oysters Rockefeller - it's our favorite there. The service is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFoodDocVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food quality and selection was very good. We were sat in a booth situated between a busy bar and the lounge sitting area. We had notified the restaurant we were celebrating a birthday. There would have been no acknowledgement of this event except the waitress noted my daughter wearing a celebratory headpiece. The seating was not conducive to a quiet family dinner given the bar noise and traffic. The settings and glassware were not on the table, suggesting preparedness for this two week notice was insufficient for their purposes. Not a deal breaker, but paying attention to details is important. We will return.Special Features:
- Critics lunchMaxineDined on 3/28/2014The mere fact that we all sat at a round table was wonderful. We Dine out once a month and choose different restaurants. Hence we call ourselves the critics. Our service was excellent. The selection of Entrees etc was plentiful. And the desserts were to die for. Thank you for making the experience wonderful. We will be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, will be backagjr200hpDined on 3/22/2014Great food, great service... Don't let the name fool you as there are plenty of options for non-fish eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and even better service.DrbillDined on 3/21/2014The prime rib was great and our server was very knowledgable of the extensive menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLongTimePatronDined on 3/16/2014A few dishes are a bit pricey, but ALL are worth every cent. Food quality, preparation and presentation are exemplary, Seviice at all levels is superb, but in no way obtrusive. And to top it all off, the bar makes the best martinis of any restaurant I have ever dined at. An excellent "Special Occasion" choice, especially on Sunday and Monday when most of the superb wine list is offered at half price. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!foodieDined on 2/22/2014It is a very comfortable, relaxed experience. You never feel rushed. The food is outstanding and the service is impeccable. Although more upscale, children seem to like it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D CharpentierDcharpeDined on 2/14/2014Would recommend this restaurant if you want the ultimate dining experience especially with your special person or a special occasion,then give this place a try.You won't regret it!You are guaranteed a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrateddagon100Dined on 2/14/2014Food is good but not worth the expense. The tables are pushed together so close everyone is on top of each other. The physical space is boring.
- Delicious!CJMRVIPDined on 2/14/2014We ate here on Valentine's Day and we're not disappointed. The bacon scallop appetizer was excellent. The chicken is always delicious, and we love sharing the bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor never againJoey67Dined on 2/14/2014We got there and waited 20 min for water, Candle never got lit on table , asked for my soda 4 times, Lobster tail was under cooked , My shrimp was cold I sent it back it came back without any meted butter, The space in which to eat was bad and cramped. On way out no one asked how dinner was. We couldn't wait to leave Joe DiBlasi Litchfield Piano Works Litchfield CTSpecial Features:
- Valentine's Day flopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014A very disappointing holiday experience. Restaurant could not handle the mass amount of covers :-(Special Features:
- AwesomeMarcelDined on 2/14/2014The food was great but our wAitress Sara was awesome and really made the experience that much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014We have been to this restaurant many times. Everything is consistently very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.