Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield
1770 Berlin Turnpike
Wethersfield, CT 06109Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carmenanthony.com/
- Phone: 8605297557
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gerry Morrissey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will customize a menu to tempt your taste buds and suit your needs. We have private seating capacity for 100 guests. We have a variety of banquet menus on our web site at www.carmenanthony.com, or call and speak to a manager to create the perfect menu for your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private party rooms. The small private can accommodate up to 25 people, while the large private room can seat up to 100 people. We have full audio and visual needs on premise.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Ruiz 8605297557
- Entertainment: You asked us to bring back the bar menu, and we listened! Now, back by popular demand, and better than ever, we give you the best bar menus in the state of CT! Available all day, every day, so it's always the perfect time to join us at the bar.
Our new 6.6.6 Happy Hour ain't your grandma's happy hour. This one is meant for the "little devil" in all of us, with WICKED GOOD food and drink specials, Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm. Excited to try our devilish delights? Come join us today!
- Special Events: Our NEW 6.6.6 Happy Hour is for the “little devil” in all of us. Get WICKED GOOD $6 food and drink specials Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm.
Sundays and Mondays are for Wine Lovers! Get 50% off all bottles up to $150 and 25% all bottles over $150 every Sunday and Monday.
A word from Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield, opened in June of 2000, is conveniently located just south of Hartford on one of Connecticut's most famous highways. Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield has accommodations for nearly 300 guests, including private rooms for both 40 and 90 people. It features a large U-shaped mahogany bar, the largest bar dining room of all our restaurants, and the famous Carmen Anthony wine lockers. Wine lovers can arrange to have their own private locker, and thus take full advantage of our specially priced stocking programs. While Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield is certainly a wonderful place to bring a special someone, its convenient location, two private rooms, ample parking, and superior food and service make it an outstanding place to host any corporate dinner event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Wethersfield reviews from OpenTable diners
- it was a great dining experience,verypleasedDined on 7/5/2013it was a great dining experience, food and service was outstanding. our server was great and hospitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.DinersinluvDined on 7/3/2013Excellent service. The food is outstanding. The wine selection could be a little better/larger for my taste but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect eveningBirthdayDined on 6/29/2013My Fiance and I went here to celebrate our first year together. I had requested a quiet booth for a romantic evening. Not only did they provide for my request, but because I indicated that it was our anniversary they gave us champagne when we were seated and wished us a happy anniversary. The service beyond that was excellent as well. The food was just fantastic, as it always is, and it made for the perfect evening. As we left the staff wished us a happy anniversary again. This kind of personal attention is not something you find just anywhere, and we appreciated being able to enjoy it. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2013This was my first time there with my wife, and we both enjoyed our dinners very much. I had the prime rib, which was tender and perfectly prepared au jus medium rare. She had a mediterranean scallop dish that she enjoyed very much. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, and the piano player whose music was piped through the dining room from the bar was excellentSpecial Features:
- Food was awesome and the serviceSparkwireDined on 6/21/2013Food was awesome and the service was excellent. Nothing else needs to be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My only issue is we were onlySherrieDined on 6/1/2013My only issue is we were only one of 2 parties in the restaurant that night beside a private room party. Not sure why it was so quiet, but it was odd for a Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointmentKathyDined on 6/1/2013We have eaten many times at Carmen Anthony's. The last time was the beginning of Jan. '13. This past Sat night we ate there with friends and I was quite dissappointed in the entree. The salmon was covered in tasteless tomatoes, onions with weak seasoning and the salmon had a few "sprinkles" of tasteless crab meat on it and it was accommanied by a very over baked, mushy, sweet potatoe with black skin. The vegetable "medley" was boiled and sterilized like one would find on a high school cafeteria food line.My meals have always been very delicious before and I was shocked that this one on Sat night was way below standard. Even my friend's shrimp cocktal was anything but fresh. Not eager to return.
- Retirement celebrationMiniDined on 6/1/2013We were nine ladies celebrating a retirement. The service was outstanding, the food was very good, and the atmosphere was nice. We felt that the food was a little overpriced. All in all, a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5th visit. Excellent variedTomSDined on 5/25/2013Our 5th visit. Excellent varied menu. Food was delicious. Food properly prepared and presented. Prompt, friendly and attentive servers. Drinks at the bar were superb. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so so.ctdinerDined on 5/24/2013Place looks nice, but overall food quality seemed as if it was all pre-cooked, and slapped together at the last minute, Pasta was overcooked, seafood was overcooked, and the sauces didnt blend with either the pasta nor the seafood... The food is very pricey. 2 entrees, 1 appetizer, no drinks, and no dessert came to $90.
- The prices were on the highOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013The prices were on the high side. My swordfish was over cooked. I did not complain. There are not many customers in the restaurant so if you like a lively place, this is not it. The wedge salad was excellent. My daughter's Filet Mignon Oscar was excellent. My wife liked her salmon although it was also over cooked a little. I miss the Carmen's in Avon. I would not recommend this restaurant due to the lack of customers. It is too quiet.
- items are overpriced and notvcvcVIPDined on 5/18/2013items are overpriced and not at the standard of the pricing
- great servicebaxterDined on 5/12/2013We were seated immediately upon checking in, our server, Anthony, was excellent, could not ask for better service. Food was very good, wasn't as hot as I normally like it, but that was probably due to the distance from the buffet tables back to our table, which was very nice. Would and will recommend Carmen Anthony Fishhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We hadn't been to Carmen Anthony'sAuntcathVIPDined on 4/16/2013We hadn't been to Carmen Anthony's in a while and were delighted to return. Will definitely be returning again soon. Everything was delicious, well-presented and our waitress was a gem.Special Features:
- Buffett amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The Buffett is superb! I never eat at Buffetts but this one is awesome for $40 top shelf foods!Special Features:
- Continuing your 5 star ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I have had lunch, dinner and brunch at Carmen Anthony's and have never been disappointed. I like the idea that it is a local restaurant and conveniently located on the Berlin Turnpike. I also reserved the larger room for a women's club meeting and everything was wonderful. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. It continues to be a 5 star restaurant. Thank youSpecial Features:
- I've been twice and both experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013I've been twice and both experiences have been very good. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. The service is probably most memorable. During latest visit, our server was very friendly, upbeat, funny, conversational, and attentive. Might be time for an update to the decor, but it certainly is still a very nice place even in that regard.
- The food was excellent. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food was excellent. Great choice of wines. Cozy seating. Celebrated anniversary and received complimentary glasses of champagne. Our dessert dish was decorated with strawberry sauce saying "Happy Anniversary". Great staff.Special Features:
- This very good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013This very good restaurant has gone down hill very sad
- Carmen Anthony's is an ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Carmen Anthony's is an Excellent choice every time and we are never disappointed. The service , the food , all fantastic and the ambiance is perfect ,from the lighting to the music it all comes together very well.Special Features:
- good food but a long time to get itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013great appetizers and entrees. this is the second time I've been there and although a very slow Sunday night it took way too long to get drinks, appetizers, and dinner. There were only 15 people in the whole place. No explanation or apology. It really shouldn't take 15 minutes to get a cocktail.
- We made the reservation 5advjdv43Dined on 2/23/2013We made the reservation 5 hours before we wanted it and was promptly accommodated. The servers were very attentive and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- It was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013It was our first time dining there.The complimentary Prosecco was such a nice touch! The food is excellent and I can't wait to go back.Oh and the Key Lime Pie was to die for!!Special Features:
- Carmen's is going downhill fastJonathanDined on 2/15/2013What was once a nice restaurant has fallen in oblivion. I have never seen a restaurant that was soo slow on a Friday night that seemed to have more managers than waitstaff. No wonder the food is so expensive. We will not be going back. The head manager was totally clueless and a waste of space as he was cleaning up tables which is never a good sign. The wait staff was not at fault as they were courteous and hard working but horribly mismanaged. The food was garbage. Potatoes were reheated from the night before and my prime rib ordered medium rare was like leather.
- Great food and very nice waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and very nice wait staff. But the restaurant is managed horribly!! I had reservations for 7:30 (valentines day) but my date and I were not sat until 8:45. They even called me the previous day to confirm the reservation. the over booked and that to me was 100% unacceptable. But everything else was nice.
- Sadly Disappointed on V-DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I made reservations at Carmen Anthony's on Valentine's Day. We arrived 15 minutes early and were told it would be a wait... a two hour wait. After the first hour, the bartenders started to give out free champagne which was nice, but did not make up for the fact that I was standing amongst a sea of people for 2 hours for which I had made a reservation for. The food was delicious as usual, but they could have at least taken our app or dessert off our bill for the ridiculous wait we had for their apparent greediness. Would definitely not go back to this Carmen Anthony's.Special Features:
- Disappointing. Very pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2013Disappointing. Very pricey. Long wait for a table inspite of having reservations.
- Absolutely the worst diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Absolutely the worst dining experience I ever had.Special Features:
- Place was clean, nicely setOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Place was clean, nicely set up for valentines day. We only had about a 10 mins wait for our seat, then the problems began. The place was overbooked for the night, we were seated for more than 20 mins before our waitress came over to take drink orders. We placed our drink and appetizer order at the same time. Another couple was seated next to us about the time we placed our drink order. They waited approx 15 mins for drinks and appetizers, and they orders came approx 20 mins later. After their appetizers came our waitress(same as theirs) took our food order. Our appetizers finally came 35 mins after we ordered them, and about 15 mins after that their food, and they were able to get their dessert order and eat it and leave the building beforeSpecial Features:
- If I could give it so starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013If I could give it so stars I would. Worst restaurant experience ever. Never got our meal. Assistant manager was rude, the waitress never stopped yammering and laughing instead of actually doing her job. I can't begin to convey my level of disappointment. Thanks for ruling a special evening Carmen Anthony's in Wethersfield.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Very delicious. I was adventurous and tried the tuna tartar - now I'm hooked for life. For my main course I had the filet aragosta. It was delicious. Cooked rare to order, the meat actually felt creamy. It was great!Special Features:
- They oyster appitizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/18/2013They oyster appitizer was amazing. Only disappointed when they were gone. The seafood rosotto was absolutely delicious and they can make the dish gluten free. All the steaks were cooked to perfection! We were celebrating a birthday, and the carrot cake was delicious! A wonderful place for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013Food was truly outstanding! Our waiter, "Junior," was extremely knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- We have come to expect nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013We have come to expect nothing but a great experience at Carmen Anthony. It's our favorite restaurant. Food is always delicious, and cooked to perfection, and service second to none.Special Features:
- They were clearly over theirmikeDined on 12/31/2012They were clearly over their heads on New Year's Eve. Combination of a rookie waiter and busy kitchen resulted in a poor experience and value. One of those nights where nothing went right.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We are frequent customers to the restaurant and love it.Special Features:
- Very attentive, pleasant service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Very attentive, pleasant service. One of the waitstaff overheard me asking my aunt what she was planning to do for her birthday next week, and after dinner our waitress brought a piece of birthday pie with a candle, and the staff sang Happy Birthday! That was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Christmas eve menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2012Christmas eve menu choices were numerous and food was excellent. Wine chosen for us was incredibly good. We have definatley found a new Christmas Eve tradition: Dinner at Carmen Anthony's.Special Features:
- Seafood was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Seafood was very good but steaks had to be sent back to be cooked properly.
- Wonderful food as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Wonderful food as always! Ambience was festive and inviting.Special Features: