Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury
496 Chase Avenue
Waterbury, CT 06704Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carmenanthony.com/
- Phone: 2037573040
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our tastefully decorated Dunhill Room is available for a group of up to 40 guests when you prefer to enjoy our fine dining and service in privacy. Order from our complete menu, banquet menus or you may call upon our Chef to personalize an event just for you.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room, "The Dunhill Room," can hold up to 35 guests. Perfect for birthdays, showers, anniversaries, small weddings, rehearsal dinners and or any special occasion. Call and speak to a manager for details!
- Private Party Contact: Diane Gorman 2037573040
- Entertainment: You asked us to bring back the bar menu, and we listened! Now, back by popular demand, and better than ever, we give you the best bar menus in the state of CT! Available all day, every day, so it's always the perfect time to join us at the bar. Our new 6.6.6 Happy Hour ain't your grandma's happy hour. This one is meant for the "little devil" in all of us, with WICKED GOOD food and drink specials, Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm. Excited to try our devilish delights? Come join us today!
- Special Events: Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury is open normal hours 7 days a week during construction on Chase Avenue. Our NEW 6.6.6 Happy Hour is for the “little devil” in all of us. Get WICKED GOOD $6 food and drink specials Monday-Friday from 3:30pm to 6pm. Sunday and Monday is for Wine Lovers! Get 50% off all bottles up to $150 and 25% all bottles over $150 every Sunday and Monday.
A word from Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury
It all started here... our first fine-dining restaurant, opened in May of 1996. At Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury, we built our reputation for excellence on our thick Angus steaks, fresh daily seafood and Maine lobsters up to 5 pounds, our premier wine list, friendly sociable bar, and superb service. According to Connecticut Magazine's Reader's Choice Restaurant poll (each year from 1997 - 2010) we have become New Haven County's first choice for excellent dining. A popular feature of all Carmen Anthony Restaurants is our private wine lockers made available to discerning patrons. Fine dining at Carmen Anthony Steakhouse is made complete by outstanding coffee and espresso service, and our luscious house-made desserts!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury - Best Restaurants in Waterbury ›
Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SuperfineDined on 10/15/2014Great food, good service, very good menu selection and daily specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKMW1Dined on 10/8/2014Another wonderful dinner at our favorite place to celebrate special occasions. Our 20th wedding anniversary dinner included free champagne and desserts! Liz, our server, was wonderful as usual, and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner SpotbeckajDined on 10/8/2014I was meeting two out-of-town friends and suggested Carmen Anthony because I'd been there with groups in the past and loved the whole place -- food, friendliness and service. It didn't disappoint. Service is amazing, from the lovely woman at the front desk to our waitress, everyone was attentive without being overbearing, extremely professional but absolutely friendly. We all had the scallop and spinach special, and it was excellent, as was the bread pudding afterward. There was no sense of rushing us out; we were able to chat comfortably. Dress is very informal, and my friends were more than pleased. I recommend Carmen Anthony for anyone looking for a comfortable and delicious dining experience in the Waterbury area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealkrg770Dined on 9/19/2014We go to the Waterbury CA restaurant for every anniaversry. Service was great and food is amazing. I recommend the bread pudding or keylime pie for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/8/2014We needed a place for a business luncheon meeting around the Waterbury, CT area. I had not been to the Carmen Anthony here in years. I was very disappointed to find an awful downtrodden parking lot, building and the restaurant inside has not been kept up to date at all. This location speaks very poorly for the Carmen Anthony name. I would not recommend this location and would never come here again.
- incredible foodjjrjeff1497Dined on 9/5/2014Anniversary dinner. Staff made my wife feel special so I'm happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014Food always reliable and service staff wonderfully attentiveSpecial Features:
- A True SteakhousePalJoeyDined on 8/31/2014We had a very enjoyable experience! When the staff found out it was our anniversary and my birthday, we were presented with complimentary champagne, and my dessert was on the house! It's hard to find that kind of service anymore!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014As good as it gets; service and food were superb! Exceeded our expectations. Very enjoyable and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, OK otherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014The food here was very good. The place looked a bit run-down; for example, our booth had rips in the seat padding. They also had what seemed to be an out-of-date promotion being advertised. The waitress did a fair job, but mixed up my soda with diet. She replaced it, but no apology. Our visit was Monday and it did not seem too busy, yet service was a little slow. When we told her we had a show to go to after, though, she did move along dessert and the bill. What was disappointing is that neither the host nor the waitress acknowledged my wife's birthday, which I put in the reservation comments that we were celebrating - but maybe they don't get that from OpenTable? Overall, we enjoyed our food, but wouldn't make a point of going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent service with nice touches like pouring the martinis at the table. Great steaks cooked perfectly. grilled asparagus was very good. fresh bread straight from the oven. it all adds up to a very satisfying experience. the décor is classic steak house: dark wood and rich fabrics. the waiter was pleasant and efficient. This was just what we were hoping for when we chose Carmen Anthony's.Special Features:
- DEVETTEDined on 8/12/2014MY 1ST TIME DINING AT THIS RESTAURANT. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE "LADIES NIGHT" MENU. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND THE AMBIENCE OF THE RESTAURANT IS WONDERFUL. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER LADIES NIGHT DINNER IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.Special Features:
- Sunday SpecialrestaurantDined on 7/20/2014They offer a prime rib with baked potatoe and kale salad with strawberry vinaigrette for $29.95 excellent. Sunday and Monday wine specials are half price bottles . The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuZQDined on 7/16/2014We went there for the special 5 course Italian wine tasting dinner and were more than pleased with the spread. Both food and wines were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceGrizbogieDined on 7/13/2014Treated very well and good food. They gave us champagne and dessert to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- gourmetchef2014OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Great experience, gorgeous waitress with blonde hair. :-) Ordered the seabass and my only complaint is the sauce was a bit too spicy. I can take heat and love spicy food, but I ended up sweating up a storm with my date, otherwise I would give it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repairs took away from diningFunluvinmamaVIPDined on 7/10/2014They were repairing the roof the entire time during dinner (after 7pm). It was very loud and distracting. We could hardly understand the waiter from his thick accent. The food was very good, not healthy...too much butter, but good. Felt too guilty to eat more than half feeling it was too fattening.Special Features:
- Best steak aroundtmacVIPDined on 6/28/2014We could tell from the moment we walked in the door that this was going to be a great experience. The people greeting us were friendly, engaging, and very welcoming. I grew up in the area, and the only similarity between Carmen Anthony's and what used to be there is only that the exterior walls are the same shape. As you enter the atmosphere is just what I'd expect a high-end stake house to present. The bar is great, the dining area provide a little peek into the kitchen area, and was very comfortable. The menu makes it hard to decide what to order because they have so many delicious choices. The specials were phenomenal, and the standard selections were great. Service was fantastic and very attentive. Can't wait for the next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Carmen Anthony Steakhouse of Waterbury reviews archive.
- Exceptional!!!!!BirthdayDined on 6/1/2014I have been to other Carmen Anthony restaurants before but this was my fist visit to this location and as with other locations, they do not disappoint! This visit was to take my fiance out for her birthday. The service was excellent! My fiance ordered a glass of wine, and the waiter explained that if she expected to have 2 glasses during dinner that the bottle was actually cheaper, so we got the bottle. The food was amazing! I had a baked stuffed lobster tail and she had prime rib. Both were delicious and prepared perfectly. The ambiance makes you feel warm and comfortable, creating the prefect experience. Carmen Anthony's is definitely a "Can's Miss" spot, and I know we will return again and again.Special Features:
- check your checkcalabriaDined on 5/23/2014Fine meal. However we were charged $100 for 1.5 orders of crab legs. Check your check!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualChrissyEDined on 5/15/2014Was a little disappointed with this meal. We eat here frequently and it's usually pretty decent, although overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Day!GuardadoReviewerDined on 5/10/2014We had a very wonderful experience and a great meal - it was a special birthday and Mother's Day too ! Wonderful day !Special Features:
- Wait TimesBadServiceDined on 5/8/2014The food was amazing... however, when we arrived the greeter wasn't even there. We had reservations, the place was half empty, and we still waited 15 minutes to be seated. After we were seated, our drink orders were taken, and immediately served. But, we had to wait another 15 minutes just to put in appetizers and then another 15 minutes after that to put in our entrees! Absolutely ridiculous. As stated previously, it was not busy at all. We arrived at 7:30pm and didn't leave until after 9:30pm. The food was delicious, but the service sucked. The owner needs to get his staff some proper customer service training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style steak houseNinaDined on 4/11/2014The decor, food and service is in the 1960-1980 fine dining steak house. Great meat well cooked to your specifications. Great bread, and salad. Impressive wine list. We had a very nice evening and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing thruMwestDined on 4/8/2014I was passing thru on business and googled local Resturant and found this gem! The Prime Rib was awesome and the people were very friendly! This will become a favorite place to stop next time passing thru for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Excellent food, presented very well. The cocktails are double in size of typical restaurants. The server was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mirrors were not clean, outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014mirrors were not clean, outside entrance had a large collection of leaves which carried into the inside entrance leaving an overall feeling of poor housekeeping,the food and service were outstanding. when you pay over $270.00 for three people you expect the restaurant to be running on all cylinders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and good servicehdfatboy92Dined on 3/15/2014I have never had a bad meal at Carmen Anthony's. The food is great and the service is excellent. It is a high price restaurant but you will have nothing to complain about. Even the sides are very tasty.Special Features:
- Awesome in every way!HadagoodtimeDined on 3/15/2014In spite of both of us being on diets, we forged ahead with our anniversary meal and tried our best to stay on track, calorie-wise, in the face of a daunting array of culinary options. My husband had a huge steak (not diet for sure). His wedge salad was ample and fresh. I wanted to sample the crab cake appetizer but didn't dare tempt the possibility that I'd be too full to enjoy the tuna entrée I coveted. My Caesar salad had a distinctive tang and was dressed throughout with lots of freshly shredded cheese. And, in spite of being a gluten free eater, I loved the sesame encrusted, cooked to perfection tuna. The "Happy Anniversary" on the house desserts were a sweet and thoughtful way to end a perfect meal. Thanks Carmen Anthony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014I took my wife for one last private date before we had our baby. The food was beyond words and made it a great expirience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Costly About 150 for two butlashDined on 2/18/2014Costly About 150 for two but food doesn't dissapointSpecial Features:
- Highly RecommendedNYStripLoverDined on 2/15/2014Our dining experience was thoroughly enjoyable. Started with the potato encrusted crab cake as usual. Very good. My wife had the Filet and I the NY Strip accompanied by a bottle of Stag's Leap "Artemis" which I highly recommend. At first the steaks came out over cooked; which was quickly rectified. Both our meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went during valentine's day.RyanDined on 2/14/2014Went during valentine's day. There were some things I did not love. I'd have to go back during a regular service to fully gauge this restaurantSpecial Features:
- OutstandingJessberubeDined on 2/9/2014Our experience at Carmen Anthony was a delight. Everything was perfect. The waitress was very attentive and filled all of our needs in a timely manner. The food was excellent. Well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone down hillSteakloverDined on 12/28/2013Used to be a great place, but now I see why the last peoples choice awards on the wall are 4 years old. Dark inside, menus in very fine print, makes a hard to read combo. Waitress was nice, but talked way to much.Then she messed up my order. Brought me wrong entree. 10 mins later the correct item was brought, but the med rare steak was very rare, with excessive char. I expected A LOT more on an expensive check at a supposedly high end restaurant.
- Table was exactly what I wanted.KarolDined on 12/24/2013Table was exactly what I wanted. Service was a little slow but it was Xmas Eve so it didn't bother me, wanted a slow easy dinner anyway. Food was delicious, onion soup a little salty, sent back with no charge. Prime rib was absolutely perfect!! Would go to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to celebrate my wife'sLuvdining19Dined on 12/13/2013We went to celebrate my wife's promotion. The food & service was very good. My 19 year old daughter loved the ambience. We will defenitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kids menu but no kids cupscoliemikeyDined on 10/30/2013there is a kid's menu at Carmen Anthony's, but when my 3 year old daughter asked for a water to drink she was served a highball glass with a stirrer! Really? The food was ok, calamari not enjoyable, mashed potatoes were dry and flavorless. Other restaurants earn your business with great food and good service.
- DisappointedFoodLoverDined on 10/13/2013When we walked in the lighting and table settings was great- wine glasses on nice crisp table clothes and little lights around the ceiling creating a nice ambiance. The music was bad- I expected something more refined for a place that charges over $30 for a steak and food is a la carte and instead got old school rock and roll reminding me of a diner. Not only was the wait staff dressed in tee shirts but our waitress was disheveled, made some comment about my age under her breath after asking for my ID, and asked how things were as she was literally walking by without stopping for an answer. The other customers were dressed in anything from jeans and tees to business casual- definitely not Fine Dining. Good food but that was it.
- Best Steak in CTTS114Dined on 10/5/2013The entire experience was outstanding. The best steak place in CT and I highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.