Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano - Houston
14795 Memorial Dr
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmelosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2815310696x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Carmelo Mauro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering to your home for 10-500 guests. We will set up, provide service if required and leave your house or facility as we found it. Carmelo and/or Daniel will be happy to help with the planning of your event, they may be reached by phone at 281-531-0696 or by email email@example.com
- Entertainment: Pino, our Sicilian accordionist on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Special Events: We specialize in rehearsal dinners, weddings and receptions. Our wine rooms and event rooms are perfect for all celebrations and meetings.
A word from Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano - Houston
Carmelo’s Ristorante Italiano, Houston, is located in the Energy Corridor on Memorial Drive between Dairy Ashford and Eldridge. Open since 1981, Carmelo's, has been awarded the Seal of "Ospitalita Italiana" from the Italian Government for our use of authentic Italian products and the preparation of genuine Italian cuisine. We have created a menu that is not only carefully thought out and authentically Italian, but also one that uses the finest quality beef, veal and poultry and the freshest of seafood, and when available local produce. With an extensive wine list and options ranging from an award winning Risotto with Truffles, a tableside cooked Steak Diane and gluten free, vegetarian and vegan fare it is our aim that everyone will be satisfied. Our delectable desserts include homemade specialties such as Tiramisu and Millefoglie. Come on by it's like going to Italy without the jet lag! We are also in Austin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (22)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- foodie99VIPDined on 9/22/2014Great food, but bad service. I had to wave/call the waiter for everything. Otherwise, I would give this place a five stars.
- DisappointednotronDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I dine at Carmelo's on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and mothers day, etc. and have always been happy with the experience. Last Saturday night was my wife's birthday so I made reservations for 6:30 PM. When we arrived there were only 6 to 8 tables occupied, but it was 30 minutes before someone came to take our drink order. After the drinks arrived they brought the menu's. After looking over the menu and selecting our meal, we closed the menu's and laid them on the table. This is generally the signal to the wait staff that we are ready to order, but no one came to take it. The rest of the evening went the same way. Wait, Wait, Wait for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TennisguyDined on 9/17/2014A beautiful atmosphere, great selections of food, and outstanding service.Special Features:
- In DeclineJayDVIPDined on 9/9/2014I used to be a big fan of the place, but its defiantly in decline. The food was cold, the selection has not been upgraded, we were never even offered desert before the check came. We have continued to try Carmelo's but we are done trying. There are too many good restaurants in Houston.
- AnniversaryQuilterDined on 9/6/2014Still as good as it was 25 years ago. My favorite " special occasion" restaurant ever. Snapper mango was perfect!Special Features:
- Could Have Been BetterShelleyscornerDined on 8/31/2014Perhaps we shouldn't have eaten so late on a Sunday evening (& on a holiday weekend, too)....the restaurant was understaffed and although the food was good...it wasn't Carmelo great! The waitress did her best to keep on top of her tables, but she was the only one there, in addition to the servers trying to get the food out promptly. I think there must've been just one person in the kitchen as it took a while to get the entrees. We'll go back....been eating there for many years. It surely was an off night!Special Features:
- FavoriteHard2pleaseDined on 8/31/2014We have been going to Carmelo's for years and it remains our favorite for the delicious food and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!SuzieDined on 8/23/2014My spouse and I took our mothers here last Saturday night. It was our first time but wont be the last! We had good food and service without being pestered. We were dressed more casually than some of the other diners but were treated very well. The food choices were very extensive. At our table we had Lasagne, Rack of Lamb (shared), and Eggplant Parmesan, which were all delicious! For dessert, we shared the Tiramisu, which was nice but not as fabulous as it looked--not quite like traditional Tiramisu in taste. The wine choices were extensive. All in all, we will be back! If you want to avoid the chains, this is your place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!beccatDined on 8/16/2014We have been frequenting Carmelo's since 1981. The charm, food and service eclipse most eateries in Houston. We highly recommend this jewel of a restaurant for any occasion, any size group from 2 to 75. Thanks to the entire team for another wonderful culinary evening.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The service here is amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCyndiTDined on 8/14/2014Carmelos is one of my favorite business lunch places. Food is always wonderful as is the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, quiet and wonderful food.CoachjameswillDined on 8/3/2014I went with group of close friends. The environment was nice and quiet. The waiters were friendly. The food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School EleganceOttavioDined on 8/2/2014Carmelo's is a true dining experience. From the first course to the desert be prepared for dining at its best. The menu has a wide selection for even the pickiest diner can find something. When it comes to traditional Italian you will not be disappointed. I am not much of a wine person, so I relied on their wine expert to pick a bottle for our evening. It was the perfect compliment to our meal! Service is beyond fabulous! Finally the desert was out of this world! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Quality DiningsbullitDined on 8/1/2014We wanted a quality restaurant between Sugarland and Cypress on the west side of Houston for a party of 4. Carmelo's is on Memorial Drive near Dairy Ashford. Its been around since the early 80's.. it serves authentic Italian.. but I was concerned it may be dated. On arrival, we were met at the door my Mr. Carmelo, the owner. Very pleasant and professional. We were seated and were immediately impressed with the star-like mini lights in the ceiling, and the modern Italo-European architecture. A seasoned and quietly humorous waiter met us at our table, set us up with Italian meatballs and assorted fresh breads. Our other couple arrived, we ordered, and we enjoyed great food, wine, and company. Buona mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 7/26/2014Been meaning to try this restaurant for months but never made it. Made a Saturday night reservation with no problems. All staff were very accommodating and friendly. The owner visted our table to make sure everything was great. Veal meatball appetizer was so good, I ordered the spaghetti to continue the flavor. Quiet, romantic but the table of 6 near our table became quite loud towards the end of the meal. We will definitely dine here again and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddyEddyDined on 7/18/2014The service was very good, the server was very pleasant and we enjoyed the free appetizers. Having the owner check on every table is always a great plus. I hadn't been there in years but will return.Special Features:
- Twin BDAY PartySMU89VIPDined on 7/13/2014Called on a Sunday to see about availability for a group of 14 thinking no way but they said no problem and that they would love to have us. When we showed up they had a private room for us and treated my girls and their guest wonderfully. We will definitely return as it was our first time to dine here.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsmandfcDined on 7/12/2014Always wonderful for special occasions. Unobtrusive service. Carmelo always makes you feel welcome and as if he remembers you from last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebiDined on 7/8/2014The food and service are always exceptional! We love this restaurant for romantic occasions. We try to eat there everytime we are in the Houston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our needs!LindaRVIPDined on 7/6/2014I was looking for a quiet restaurant to meet my sister and husband who were staying in the Energy Corridor and this one "fit the bill" perfectly.Special Features:
- A different experience!!!JosefDined on 6/29/2014This was supposed to be a special dinner celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary. [I actually noted it on our reservations and they completely ignored it]. The waiter did only what he had to!
- Top QualitygreatItalianDined on 6/24/2014Coming back to a fine dinner at Carmello's after 25 years was the best. The quality of the food was as good as anywhere - even better than found in Italy! The ambiance is great for a quiet dinner with friends where you don't have to yell to be heard and the wine list is very good and priced reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent for Business LunchMactexanVIPDined on 6/19/2014Atmosphere is quiet - great place for a business lunch situated well for the Energy Corridor. Service was very professional and they didn't interrupt when we were talking.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmsnewcarDined on 6/10/2014This restaurant is great for lunch and dinner. They have an excellent assortment of food and desserts. The wine list is extensive and the gumbo was excellent. We had great service for a table of 20, we got in and out in an hour and a half. Great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston's Best Kept SecretSeaDraughonDined on 6/7/2014When my date and I first drove up to Carmelo's the first sentence uttered was "I think we're over dressed for this dive." We most definitely ate our words when we walked in. From the outside, Carmelo's looks like a family owned Mexican restaurant, but once you enter the doors you're greeted with the finest smells of Italy. Truly a fine dining experience. The service was magnificent, working as a team, they ensure that the guests of the restaurant have everything they need before they have to ask. The wine menu was all encompassing, and the food, oh the the food! Ambiance wise, they do it right! Over all this was an incredible dining experience and I can not wait to return to visit our new friends at Carmelo's!Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Our waiter disappeared, apparently into the back room, and no one took over. Took 15 minutes to order dinner; food came a half hour later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Excellence in all phases of dinning. Wait staff excellent, food excellent, ambiance outstanding, a truly enjoyable night was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Anniversary CelebrationHoustondiner1Dined on 5/31/2014Great dinner for 50th Anniversary. Book the private room. You will like it. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always!THG1VIPDined on 5/30/2014This is a great place to eat if you're looking for great Italian food! We come here on a regular basis because of the great food and the wonderful service. All of the staff are very friendly and they are extremely accommodating. My wife has Celiac's disease and cannot eat gluten so sometimes it's a challenge to find restaurants that fit our needs. Carmelo's has a great gluten free menu and their gluten free food is just as good as what comes off of the regular menu. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 348 reviews are from the Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano - Houston reviews archive.
- Take a trip to Italynumber1foodloverVIPDined on 5/21/2014Going to Carmelos is like going to Italy but you do not need a passport. The restaurant is charming inside and the staff makes feel right at home. From appitizers to dessert everything we tried was delightful. Treat yourself to a night in Italy and enjoy Carmelos.wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014The food and service were great. The chef even prepared a special desert plate to help celebrate our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014brunch food was dry looked like it had been sitting for a long loooong time, nothing looked fresh and nothing looked inviting.
- Sevice is everythingfoodforthoughtDined on 5/17/2014While food is always important I really appreciate good service. My party of 6 received great service. Very attentive and very engaging making the dinning experience very memorable.Special Features:
- Great week night outM2dinningDined on 5/14/2014We find Carmelo's to have excellent service and a good variety of Italian food. I have never been on a weekend however it is one of the best restaurant's for a nice night out where you can talk and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little piece of ItalylilicaDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and the service makes you feel like you are part of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingBraizenRaisinDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time here and we will be back in the future. We loved the atmosphere, the artwork, the food, and the cleanliness of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's daydine4usDined on 5/11/2014We were greeted very nice and seating was in small cozy atmosphere. Had some issues with waiter, who was late and hard to find. Also we had to ask for some things couple of times (last thing , he served my mom hot tea, but forgot to bring tea bags, than water got cold and we HAD to ask for new hot water). Over all I do have my second thoughts in going there again. PS do not take it wrong I had waiters there who were excellent.
- Great Ambiance & Great FoodDodgerBlueDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day, yes, it was busy, however, quality of service and food did not suffer....My wife was very happy with the selection of restaurant, loved the food, the relaxed easy style of service, not the eat-and-get-the-hell-out service, but time to enjoy the food, company and have pleasant conversation without having to raise your voice. As a mother's day appreciation, Carmelo's gave three (3) large chocolate covered strawberries, FREE.....at the end of the meal, if that's not a class act, then I don't know what is. Of course, we will recommend to our associates....be seeing you again....Special Features:
- AnniversarySteveDined on 5/6/2014Always a gem for special occasions....have visited for years and always have enjoyed their food and service..Special Features:
- Great dinner!THG1VIPDined on 5/2/2014Anytime we want good Italian food we always go to Carmelo's. The service and food was excellent as usual. We also appreciate how gluten friendly they are. I'd definitely recommend trying this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.