Carmel Kitchen Wine Bar - Wayne
372 West Lancaster Ave
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Carmel Kitchen Wine Bar - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carmel-kitchen.com/
- Phone: 4845806725x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Carmel Kitchen Wine Bar - Wayne
Our vibrant flavors of Modern Mediterranean cuisine are infused with a warm and inviting ambiance at Carmel Kitchen. Share and savor conversation with friends while sharing a variety of tempting dishes—each fresh, flavorful and seductive. Or, spend quality time catching up with a loved one over dinner for two in our intimate and comfortable dining room. Whatever your occasion, every day is the perfect day to share and celebrate at Carmel Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Carmel Kitchen Wine Bar - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Carmel Kitchen Wine Bar - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (19)special occasion (15)romantic (15)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CLOSEDPHLWesternSuburbsFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Did not eat there because the restaurant is closed
- Great birthday dinner !!!HappyDaeDined on 8/30/2014My group of six came here for a double birthday and loved it!! Everyone's food was fabulous, the drink menu was awesome, the desserts were phenomenal and we all had a phenomenal time. The menu is reasonably proved too... We averaged less than $40/person and we all had 2 drinks or more (a few in which had top shelf liquor in them) I have already recommended Carmel and will continue to do so!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but DisappointedFillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Returned for a second visit. Learned that some menu items change every two weeks. The new potato gnocchi were frankly terrible and I suggest permanent rotation off. Steak was delicious though a bit undercooked. Lobster bisque is delicious. Staff is very friendly and focused on the customer.Special Features:
- Ok, wine very overpricedpsucheerVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food we ordered came out very fast. My husband described it like a diner (better food though). Food was reasonably priced and we enjoyed what we ordered. Wine list was ok but lacking for wanting to be a "wine bar". The prices were also ridiculous. Many bottles were marked 4x market price. I know I am overpaying when I go out for wine but this was over the top.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The salad was the best thing about my meal. The risotto seemed like instant rice with creamy soup poured over. Prices were reasonable, especially wine and drinks. Friendly service.
- Good but not greatfilmaholikDined on 8/23/2014A last minute reservation brought us here. The service was not the best, I'm guessing we may have had a new waiter. The food was very delicious, but it was not hot when it came out, and we were served almost immediately, as if the dishes were pre made? Threre wasn't enough time for them to have been sitting in the back getting cold before being served. The taste of the food was excellent, however. I'm not sure if they are working out the kinks, or what? Recommend with caution...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Always wonderful food and service. I love the 3oz wine tasting experience. Reminds of being in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very different - very goodGormetGormondDined on 8/22/2014We were greeted by two people who took us to our table. Immediately a bottle of water was brought to the table and served. We were given a tour through a tablet with descriptions and pictures (1st time that we were exposed to this.) The menu was explained and our tandem servers were helpful and available throughout our meal. Several of our dishes were new twists on other restaurants. The food was good and the accompaniments were pleasant. The portions were adequate, but could have been larger. During the meal, the owner stopped by to see if all was to our liking: he remained at our table telling his gastronomical background and that they attempted to use as many ingrediants from local farms and suppliers.Special Features:
- Delicious and funmldinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner tremendously. The food was uniformly delicious from the shared appetizers to the interesting entrees to a fun dessert. Our waiter was attentive and invested in making sure we had a good dining experience. We will definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Service was great, appetizers were delicious, atmosphere was greatSpecial Features:
- Great Specials - Try themFillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Tried with a group of friends for the $16 prix fix menu. Had great appetizers at the bar (calamari and flatbread) and then dinner in the dining room. High points were the lobster bisque soup and the chicken and salmon entrees. Great value, good food, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - Top to BottomGregnSkippackDined on 8/15/2014Great service, food and wine list. The lobster and shrimp risotto is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and winePilot321Dined on 8/15/2014The staff was friendly, and helpful. The food was excellent, not over priced, and well presented. Wines were also excellent, with good advice from the manager. The ambience was comfortable, but not pretentious. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014I had the filet medallions .Cooked perfectly. They let me substitute a side. The waiter was very nice. The watermelon martini was just right - not too strong - not too weak. This was my second time here and it won't be the last. By the way you are greeted at the door and treated you can tell this place cares about its customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindwhiteflowerVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a place to hold our group of eight that would be good for kids as well. The food was excellent, delicious and beautifully presented. They also had a good wine list. However, the best part of the experience was the service. Everyone worked so hard to make our visit a memorable one. They succeeded, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Foodie2Dined on 8/7/2014Good drinks, good food, good prices: my husband and I had dinner w an appetizer, and 3 cocktails each for under $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorthwhileLucyVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant. The atmosphere was pleasant with very nice and attentive servers. It was interesting having the option to order from an IPad but we ordered directly from our server. We shared the Mezze platter as an appetizer. We also liked the fact that there was small and large plate choices. My husband had the small plate chicken and I had the small plate salmon. The portions were ample, presented well and very tasty. Vanilla ice cream topped off a very good meal.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRuxtonVIPDined on 8/5/2014First visit. Great food. Great drinks. Great service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great drinks!MissesDined on 8/5/2014I almost hate to write a great review- I'd like to keep this place a secret! It's delicious food and yummy cocktail menu really made our family dinner special! I especially loved the ease of ordering and paying with the tablet. Our server was gracious and helpful and explained everything easily. Just a great dining experience! It's our new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJDubDined on 8/5/2014This place would thrive in a better location, but as it is, it's not that exciting of a dinner spot. Lack of outdoor seating is disappointing. The meatball lollipops weren't actually lollipops (i.e. on a stick), which was annoying.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time dining. The service was very attentive, but the food was so-so. Might try again, but only for happy hour. There are many other restaurants in the area with excellent food offerings.
- Go to restaurantlainyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Go at least once a week and our friends and relatives love itSpecial Features:
- DinnerfriendsDined on 7/14/2014Dishes were great to share even the smaller portions. Service was quite off, salad came last, bread was not delivered to the table until we asked several times and dishes were not cleared when we ordered coffee. I will return and hope our server, although quite friendly is not our wait staff for our next meal.Special Features:
- A go to placelainyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Carmel is our go to restaurant Always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014Now the pre fixe menu is only on Sundays and Monday vs during the week all week from 4-6. Before this happened they kept changing the price of the pre fixe menu as well. Now they have specific wines on their happy hour special list vs giving you $2 off any glass of wine that you order. The food is still good. The server also initially informed us that we could only get those special happy hour prices at the bar vs the table which had never happened before. Disappointing experience because we had been going to Carmel for months for happy hour. We'll try a new spot.
- Carmel Kitchen is a Wayne gem!BethDined on 7/10/2014While the restaurant has been in Wayne for a year, this was my first visit but it won't be my last! The food was delicious, really delicious. And several of the entrees have 2 size options which was great and I got plenty of salmon with the smaller option. The fish was fresh, and beautifully prepared. Can't wait to go back and try everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Carmel - first visitESG4foodDined on 7/9/2014Great staff. Loved the environment. Bar food was terrific!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Be sure to tell them you are a member as they won't ask. Daily specials are diverse so check. Chickpea fries are gluten free & a must!Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantlainyVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant is our go to place Never disappointingSpecial Features:
- I'm going back...soon!Winter1102Dined on 6/28/2014Loved this place! Had the shrimp/mango flat bread for app. My entree was the Sea Bass (olives and roasted tomatoes with side of angel hair pasta and broccoli rabe). It was delicious! Was too stuffed for desert. If you sign up for their club, if you come back in 30 days, you will get a free flatbread. Oh, and you can order and pay for your meal with an iPad with pictures, descriptions and wine pairing suggestions. They give you a menu and an iPad so you get to choose how to pay and order. My husband said he would review restaurant on Yelp. Definitely a hidden gem...but not for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ipadBbdjjdDined on 6/25/2014I am new to the ipad oder system. I think that as a group it is not my favorite, as it is time consuming and takes away from the converstaion while you are browsing thru all the options of drink, apps, specials, and main courses.... luckily our waitress put in our order. I also think it makes the service slightly slower, as it seemed like they had less waitstaff because of it.Special Features:
- weird iPad thingshrimpVIPDined on 6/22/2014Why anyone would think iPads are good thing to order from and pay with I do not know - why is there a server? The food shows promise, spicy dishes have good kick, nice flavor. Salads could have more interesting greens. Biggest issue was with staff. Host said our waitress would be "servicing" us tonight and offered the iPads pictures, which brought raised eyebrows and smiles all around….staff clearly depending on customers using iPads for info as they can't answer basics about the menu. Long hair of food runner just missed being in the food, so some more training and supervision is in order, but the wine list is very nice, and the food was good. Although I recommended it for the food, the service needs work, pronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too GimmickyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was OK - not great, but not bad, although a bit heavy on the oils. But the iPads have got to go. The approach might work for a tapas-style restaurant where you are ordering plates throughout the meal, but for a traditional drinks-appetizers-entree-dessert setup it a gimmick more annoying than useful.
- Unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Carmel's format comes from Florida, not California, but the result comes from heaven. The cuisine is nouveau American and the wine is international. And you can choose the size of your food serving and the size of your wine for each course.Special Features:
- A winner!YoconshyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Dining at Carmel was a very nice overall experience. The staff was very warm and welcoming, the menu is robust with options for all, and the ambience is just right. Burger was excellent, lemon chicken was perfect, steak was spot on, and the lobster/shrimp risotto was very good with lots of seafood. We shared a chicken artichoke flatbread and it was excellent. I know it is a good place when my wife says, "I'd go back there."Special Features:
- SurprisedjlavDined on 6/20/2014The place was really good and we were surprised it wasn't busier on the Friday night that we were there. We're definitely going back.Special Features:
- MrOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/15/2014A fun vibe, order on an I pad or to wait staff. Fun and good food.Special Features:
- My go to restaurantlainyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Always a great experience The service is over the top and food is never a disappointmentSpecial Features:
- Great food for the priceJaneVIPDined on 6/15/2014Very reasonably priced and tasty food. The Lobster & Shrimp Risotto was excellent. Waitress was very attentive without being overbearing. Really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always over the toplainyVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is an outstanding restaurant Definitely my favorite on the main line Always a treat to dine at carmelSpecial Features: