Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove
1801 Butterfield Rd
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carluccirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305120990x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 4:30pm - 9:30pm (Closed on Sundays for the month of January). Bar is open till midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Harootunian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu is available. Large variety of items are available "to go" and we provide catering menu and service.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for groups from 10 to 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Borkowicz 8886043699
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the bar. In the summer, the entertainer performs in the patio area.
A word from Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove
• Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove is a Regional Italian Restaurant with a contemporary décor featuring Tuscan inspired food from a rotisserie, wood -burning oven and grill. The wine list is dominated by Italian and California selections with most being Chiantis, Cabernets, Merlots, and Pinot Noirs. The great bar promotions include $3 and $5 appetizers Monday through Friday from 4-7pm, and $5 Martinis on Wednesdays. Some of their Dinning Room promotions include “Penny Wine” on Fridays, and BYOV (no corkage fee) on Thursdays. Their beautiful private dining rooms can accommodate anywhere from 15 to 120 people. The outdoor patio is definitely the place to be seen in the summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)good for groups (44)special occasion (37)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (15)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- rg77VIPDined on 9/12/2014Ate at the bar. Service was sub par. Had to ask for most everything. Hostess did not check me in for my Opentable reservation. Asked her twice to do so.
- just okejp55Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dined at Carlucci last Friday to celebrate our anniversary. It also happened to be 1 cent wine night. While they look to have a nice outdoor dining area, the weather did not permit it. The room was very noisy and the service was spotty. Our waitress was very nice but we needed to ask for everything from bread, to additional wine, etc. The food was ok, though my wife enjoyed her meal more than I did. I am not sure I would return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Escolar Fish SpecialjonlyncpaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great fantastic taste but Bad after effects. What you read on the Internet is true! I still love Carlucci's and go there often and highly recommend the restaurant just watch out for the Escolar special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!BenihanaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent service, portions were on the larger side, bread was very fresh, all food was prepared to everyone's liking. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for authentic Itailan cuisine and great service. The Russian Standard Moscow Mules were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for lunch & slow serviceajs0VIPDined on 8/27/2014Very disappointed on this visit. I took a friend to celebrate her birthday. Lunch took over 1.5 hrs which isn't good during the workday. My side salad was $6! I won't return unless it's Monday for $5 pasta.
- What happened?hrubVIPDined on 8/20/2014This used to be a family favorite. Lovely ambience, great service , and solid food. The chef has changed some time ago and since then the food has become progressively worse. We have returned based on the great service and ambience, but the food was so poor this last visit that it will probably be our last visit. We have always loved this place, but a restaurant must at serve acceptable food. It cannot survive just on service and ambience.Special Features:
- Great Option: Carlucci'sHarveeDined on 8/16/2014Carlucci's has a beautiful setting, great food and wonderful service. We dined on the patio. What a treat!Special Features:
- Nice Outdoor Dining LocationBeataDined on 8/15/2014We love to eat outside in the summer and ......this is a great spot. Nice outdoor patio, great deal on 1 cent wine, excellent service. Food is well prepared and nice choices offered. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!FoodDined on 8/12/2014Good food and great ambience. It was a wait to be served but the food and the service was good overall. I will definitely return. The food was quite tasty.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedRayCVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten here many times and by far this was the worst experience I have had here. Our waiter (Arturo) disappeared for long periods, didnt get my simple drink order correct and basically ignored us most of the night. It almost seemed we were an after thought. My chicken piccatta was dry.The minestrone soup was bland and tasted as if it came from a can. We asked for cheese three times before a bus boy finally brought some for the soup which by then it was cold. The only thing good was the band playing outside. Probably wont eat here again but will go back to listen to the band and have drinks.Special Features:
- Perfect LuncheonRaquelVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were celebrating a bride to be ladies luncheon after she ordered her bridal gown. Everything from the skilled server to the interesting menu, excellent food preparation to the great wine selection and (Friday special penny wines) that some of my guest chose, was flawless. I wanted an upscale experience and that is exactly what Carlucci provided! We are now looking at their private room for the rehearsal dinner event September 2015.Special Features:
- Always a dining & dancing pleasureSamG2VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great service, food, and music. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealGreggVIPDined on 8/7/2014We ate on the patio .. great ambiance! Brandon, the manager this evening, took great care of us as did our waiter. Drinks were perfect and the food was incredible. We even got a free concert.Special Features:
- Business Dinnerloude1117Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere for entertaining customers with dinner,very convenient loacation and food and service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janwenVIPDined on 8/2/2014There's not a better restaurant in the western suburbs for outdoor dining than Carlucci's. The food and service are always wonderful and the live bands on Saturday nights are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, So-so FoodJJfundinerDined on 8/2/2014The patio dining was a fun experience...beautiful outdoor area with great atmosphere. We enjoyed the live band who had everybody up and dancing! Unfortunately, the pasta dishes were very bland-tasting.Special Features:
- Online menuwineauxDined on 8/1/2014The menu(s) on their website is somewhat confusing... it's different than the menu presented to us in the restaurant and the entrees are typically anywhere from $5-9 higher in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maryemaryeDined on 7/27/2014First time here and really loved it! The magician there on Sunday night was fabulous! If the food was awful, it would be worth the trip just to see Dan. But the food was excellent, and the menu had some new things on there that I had never seen elsewhere. It also had a very nice outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful dinner on Sunday evening. The doors were open as we sat in the restaurant so we could enjoy the garden view. The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well ensconced nook of Little ItalyskalwaniDined on 7/17/2014Delighted to have discovered this well situated spot, with a lovely patio garden area. Has great ambiance, very attentive service folks, well prepared food and overall worthy of the establishment. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the tall office buildings or nearby highways, the secluded area, makes one feel like you are in rural Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallops etc.FoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014I ordered scallops; I like them well-done, so asked for them to be prepared that way. They were kind of stretchy, but tasty. The sauces they came with were marvelous. My bf enjoyed his entree of 3 pastas. The bread was good too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014Went to hear band on patio. Moved indoors due to rain. We had a 7:30 reservation. Dinner was not served until at least 1 1/2 hours after ordering. Manager offered complimentary desserts. Since I was there for my birthday, that was already coming so he agreed to pay for our bottle of wine. The food was warm when finally served
- Too hot for comfortGlobaltravelersDined on 7/12/2014This is a very nice restaurant with excellent food and wine. The downside for this night of July 12, 2014 is that there were no air conditioning. My goal was to get out of there as soon as possible. We were sitting too close to the bar and although the music was good, it was so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other. Still, I will give it another try making sure that the air conditioning is on and that we're not too close to the bar.Special Features:
- Lovely evening outsideMom5fiveVIPDined on 7/11/2014It is always lovely to sit outside on a summer night at Carulucci's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBoilermakerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Table side pasta presentation was cool. Awesome spinach saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerGlenEllynDinersDined on 7/6/2014We went to Carlucci's on a Sunday for dinner. There wasn't a lot of people there so it was pretty quiet. We had the arancini and calamari for an appetizer. I wasn't a huge fan of the calamari but it wasn't horrible. The arancini was delicious. I had the lobster stuffed ravioli, my mom had the pasta special, and my father had the salmon. All of the main dishes were good. The manager have us 2 free desserts because our entrées took a long time but we really didn't notice. Their cheesecake was delicious (I'm a little biased though because I love cheesecake). We also had the panna cotta and the bread pudding. Both were good but not my favorite. This was an all around good experience and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DiningEmankcinVIPDined on 7/1/2014Service was extremely slow it took nearly 40 minutes to get our first drink order (3 cocktails) and the food was mediocre the baby octopus were under cooked and tasteless (inedible). This is the second time we've gone to Carlucci's in two years as the last time we dined there we had vowed not to return. This time we all concurred that this was the final visit.
- SusieVIPDined on 6/28/2014We came to enjoy the entertainment that evening, Tony Ocean, and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the dining outdoors and our food was excellent. We never felt rushed, allowing us to be able to enjoy the beautiful evening. The only negative was the ladies restroom was in dire need of attention, I informed the host as I returned to my table, but I did not use the restroom again before I left. Can't wait to return for another meal on your beautiful patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesVIPDined on 6/25/2014A nice restaurant which I will likely visit again but not one of my favorites. My and my wife's dish were pastas. I was not aware that my dish was largely a pasta. Though not expensive, the price was high for what you got. The restaurant has a very nice décor.Special Features:
- Yummy Eggplant ParmesanDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 6/24/2014A good, solid Italian restaurant choice. Have a salad and the eggplant parmesan appetizer - it's enough for an entree. Among the best eggplant parmesan I've ever had. Pass on the arugula salad - the dressing overwhelmed the arugula.
- Penny Wine Nightelyse1019VIPDined on 6/20/2014Friday's is penny wine night at Carluccis. You must order an entree but with that you can order up to 3 glasses of house wine for just 1 cent each! The food was wonderful. The patio was beautiful. However, we had to hunt down our waitress several times during the meal. She may have been busy but we felt completely ignored. It was very frustrating. It'll be a while before I return for a meal.
- Carlucci'schillDined on 6/20/2014Very good food. Waiter was by himself so took almost 20 minutes to refill drinks and ask if we need anything else with our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlucci'sMerrydinerDined on 6/15/2014It was a very enjoyable experience. Attention to detail was good. Food was fabulous and service was great.Special Features:
- LovethelucciDined on 6/15/2014Love this place. never disappointed. The food is great,service is great and just a nice place to go. They also have beautiful accommodations if you are interested in having a party…patio is just beautiful.Special Features:
- girls night outJoey1VIPDined on 6/10/2014first time at this restaurant. everything was great. the food, the service and the view of the patio. unfortunately, the rain kept us from enjoying dinner outside. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Carlucci Restaurant, DGAngeDined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed the food and the band was very good. There were several parties going on but the waiters and staff still found time to give us their full attention. That doesn't often happen in other restaurants.Special Features:
- No respect of the customerLiveLifeDined on 5/30/2014Showed up for dinner on Friday. We were seated at the patio area. Another customer seated at the next table began smoking. The manager saw the woman smoking and blatantly ignored what was happening. Several customers around the woman began complaining to the servers. A second manager asked the customer to stop smoking and she complied but felt wronged. The customer then joined a friend and began smoking again. The first manager again came back and instead of asking them to stop smoking, he brought them an ashtray and moved them 5 feet away. The management shows complete disregard for the customer. Clearly this individual was "someone important" but I don't care when someone feels they are about the rules. Not going back!
- The following 829 reviews are from the Carlucci Restaurant Downers Grove reviews archive.
- Great food!!!NikoDined on 5/17/2014First of all the veal was amazing. One of the best I've ever tried. Staff is friendly and professional. Restaurant itself is very classy.Truly a great place to enjoy wonderful local food, beautifully prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Piccata to die for...a 10!CorkysView1to10Dined on 5/16/2014I've eaten there many times and always enjoyed it very much. Food had always been good. This time it was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okEddieDined on 5/11/2014All in all it was an okay event.Red sauce was good.Pasts in a "cheese bowl" was fair.Service was hectic.Special Features: