Carlos 'N Charlie's @ The Flamingo
3555 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Carlos 'N Charlie's @ The Flamingo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carlosncharlieslv.com/
- Phone: 7025229254x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Froylan Vazquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our staff is thoroughly trained in many different areas of dancing. Whether it is shaking, moon-walking, or grooving you're sure to be entertained by their skill. Don't forget our flare bartending shows daily! They won't be offended if you ask them to show you a trick.
- Special Events: Special group menus available upon request. Buffet options, open bar packages and appetizer platters.
A word from Carlos 'N Charlie's @ The Flamingo
Carlos’n Charlie's is a family-friendly, 100% Mexican restaurant. In a laid-back, casual setting, guests are free to do as they please as they are entertained by their surroundings - dancing on chairs, comical skit performances, singing and more. The servers work as a team, paying close attention to detail and entertaining guests individually to ensure that each person leaves with an unforgettable memory of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carlos 'N Charlie's @ The Flamingo reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- wedding recptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My wedding party was well taken care of...also cake coordination was delivered perferctly. 6:30 PM was a perfect time between dinner and partying time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not 4Ufood4UDined on 6/29/2014Adequate Mexican food. I took my family to Carlos & Charlies for dinner. We started with cheese dip that tasted like wall paper paste. We ordered Fajita's. They came out warm at best. The chicken and beef were so tasteless and bland we did not eat much of the dinner. The wait staff was not that busy when we ate but we still had to flag them down for drink refills and other items they forgot to bring with the order. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to ANYONE unless you just want to have drinks!!!
- Great dinner!SocialSandiDined on 6/18/2014Had dinner with a friend here this week. Food was tasty, huge portions, priced fairly enough for Vegas. I'll come back again.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Carlos 'N Charlie's @ The Flamingo reviews archive.
- not the bestGraceVIPDined on 5/19/2014This was a very dingy place. The food was fair but the table was warped and sticky.
- Great Mexican food!cwlasvegasDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the beautiful gardens of the Flamingo while dining on the patio at Carlos and Charlies! Service was great and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs helpSC2050Dined on 3/31/2014There was nothing extraordinary or exceptional about our dinner at Carlos 'N Charlie's. The food was acceptable but the margaritas were a joke. They have a 2-for-1 special but they served frozen, bitter slushies with virtually no tequila. Very disappointing. With such a great location, this restaurant could be so much better.
- After getting a core of lettuceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014After getting a core of lettuce in my salad the management laughed and said they would have kitchen staff eat it. Not the response I wanted- canceled two reservations and went the the new linq which has several very good places to eat
- Not greatStephDined on 3/16/2014We were outside for an 11th birthday party. Not enough staff, food so so. Manager took care of our issues but probably wouldn't return. Have had other positive experiences here.
- TeribleYougottoLoveKeyWestDined on 3/16/2014We checked in for our reservation and the host was unsure how to handle it. The waitress failed to bring my wife her coffee. We had to find her down in order to receive the coffee. No one checked on us during our entire meal. The Belgian waffle was burnt and my wife's omelet lacked any flavor.
- Great for partiesLoriJDined on 3/8/2014A copy of Senior Frogs. Very loud and lots of waitresses passing out free shots.Special Features:
- HorribleDavidDined on 2/22/2014Described as Southwestern but was essentially a poor excuse for a Taco Bell. We ordered chicken taco salads since there were no real Southwestern items on menu. They were old and wimpy and had tiny cubes of stale, flavorless "chicken" rather than a decent piece of chicken breast. A good waitress couldn't redeem the experience but she tried. Complete disappointment. Should not be allowed to participate in Open Table.
- Fun with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was our second time to have dinner here. We had such a good time the first time we had to come back. Ian , was our server last time and was our server this time a well. He remembered us ( who couldn't ) remembered where we sat and even what we drank. That is impressive. We had not been there since the beginning of December. We must have made an impression on him to. It is just fun place, and we are sure to return may more times.Special Features:
- Who knew? Bad Mexican Food!luvmexicanfoodDined on 1/30/2014I never knew one could get bad Mexican food, who knew? There were only 6 of us, each ordered something different. We inquired prior to ordering what was really good? The chimichanga was recommended as well as a few other items. I ordered the chimichanga with high excited expectations just to be brought down. It was awful. Beans and rice were cool instead of hot, for all of us. The others muddled through, I returned mine. One of us ordered shrimp tacos. There were three pizly shrimp inside. Chips were stale. Everyone else at our table felt the same way about their plate. The atmosphere alone had us hopeful. Oh well, now we know where not to go the next time we're in Vegas. The staff was fun and wonderful.Special Features:
- Too Noisy For UsCttwinsVIPDined on 1/18/2014We were not impressed with the service or food quality and it was too loud for us to have a conversation. I won't go back. There are other Mexican places I like better.
- Good food, helped with foodGlassladyDined on 1/15/2014Good food, helped with food allergy issues. Service was fair. Little slow but tolerable. Restaurant is on the noisy sideSpecial Features:
- best staff and serviceluckypatriotsDined on 1/11/2014The. Hostess was awsum. Our waitress was. Awsum. This place rocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completelly disappointed.KathyWDined on 12/28/2013Completelly disappointed. Had to ask 3 times for water. DId not provide silverware, had to ask. Food was AWFUL! Waitress was horrible. Woukld never go back
- Bad Experience !!MridulVIPDined on 12/24/2013At least we had a bad experience... we entered at 10:15PM, and it was marked as "Please Seat Yourself".. Then we found a table and settled in... It was almost empty... just to get glass of water we had to wait over 10-15 mins... and after that also for 15 mins no one showed up to take order or anything.. we just walked out and went to a nearby place....
- Adequate Mexican RestaurantPauliedvDined on 12/10/2013Food and service were adequate. We had a party of 6 and everyone agreed the food was marginal at best. The restaurant was very noisy and it was very difficult to hear one another. I wouldn't go back.
- Good for quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013A big group of us went, we were seated promptly and served quickly. Food was ok, nothing outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitJohnDined on 10/31/2013Good food for reasonable price. Will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but ok2foodiesDined on 10/16/2013The food was ok. Service was a lil slow at first but Yolanda came around and made sure we were taken care of. A salad one was ordered had no dressing on it at all even though the waitress said there was. Overall, I'd home again to dine on the patio…great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentVickyDined on 10/5/2013We had a great time and the food was delicious. We had a great service thoughtout the whole night. Thank you for great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent andmoonerDined on 9/30/2013Everything was excellent and really enjoyed the atmosphere and people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeredith29Dined on 8/30/2013Horrible food. Waited too long and we were only ones out of 5 people actually eating in the main area. Never greeted by hostess. Just stood there as she stared off into spaceSpecial Features:
- Good food, horrible serviceDaynaDined on 8/1/2013Our party of 10 initially enjoyed the food, drinks and the fun atmosphere. However, our overall experience was spoiled by the service- we'd never return because it was so negative. Our waitress was inattentive and forgetful and served us like she knew she'd be getting the added 18% gratuity for our large party. It took them literally over an hour to sort out the bill because hey refused to split the bill for our group and did not want us breaking it up ourselves and paying with multiple cards. We thought maybe it was a Vegas thing not to split bills, but we had wonderful experiences at restaurants the other nights who were accommodating to our needs. Probably would be an okay place for small parties, but stay away if you have a group!
- Fun night in Vegas with friends!DLobDined on 7/6/2013Went to Carlos and Charlies at the Flamingo in Las Vegas on Saturday, July 6th, 2013. There were 6 of us and we were seated immediately. Drinks and food were good. Very large portions so many of us took food home with us. Balloon artist went from table to table making balloon hats for everyone. Definitely a great place to go with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so happy.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/18/2013Had made an early time reservation. When we arrived there were plenty of open tables so we were seated promptly and they didn't even ask our name. We then proceeded to order a drink. When the drinks arrived we ordered the appetizer and our entrees. Much to our chagrin they both came out at the same time. The chicken quesadilla appetizer and the enchilada dinners were only medium temperature before we could even finish one. Was disappointed in their method of delivery, their excuse was it was best to get it out before the crowd arrived.Special Features:
- Ok, food, ok drinks a little loudQuincy56Dined on 5/5/2013Went for the 2 for 1 margaritas, would be better off with the house made ones. Food was OK. Guacamole made at the table was good.Special Features:
- Mexican DelightuseevegasDined on 5/5/2013Nice friendly restaurant. A little over priced but its located on the strip. My husband had the chicken mole was very good.I enjoyed the chicken tacos. I would dine here again. I do think the restaurant should give you free chips and salsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointmentguinevere1VIPDined on 4/27/2013Been to other Carlos N Charlie's. This was horrible experience. Started with 20 minute wait just to get up to the hostess stand to tell her we had a reservation, another 20 minutes before waiter showed up when people behind us in line had been seated and already had their drink orders, my margarita was the best part of the lunch and would have ordered another if waiter had ever come back to table. Had to get another waitress to get us our check. Will never go back. It's too bad because they have a great outdoor patio area and good location on the strip.Special Features:
- We originally went to CarlosOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/21/2013We originally went to Carlos and Charlie's in cancan and I have to say it was very disappointing. From the lack of service from the little Russian girl to the just very average food I woud never return or recommend it to anyone. We had the fajita salad and fajitas very bland chickenSpecial Features:
- Not so greatBigFrisbeeQDined on 4/21/2013Very loud for not being very crowded. Our waitress seemed to be burdened to have to serve our table. Forget the refills. Our order was also messed eup, but after the long wait we just decided to take it; the bill wasn't adjusted to reflect the alternate items brought to us. Overall this was a poor experience. Carlos and Charlies is generally pretty good, this one was a let down.
- Poor service, poor value.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013The website said the music was 70's and 80's vintage with a mix of other music. There was one song from the 70's and 80's and the rest was Rap. The food was mediocre at best. One waitress seemed to be taking care of the whole room. We saw one couple come in, sit for 15 minutes without any one helping them. They finally got up in left. Once we finished our dinner, it took 30 minutes to get the table cleared and receive our check. For this torture we paid over $60 for 2.
- GoodplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013We had a fabulous time at Carlos and Charlies. When we arrived we asked about Happy Hour which was just ending...the hostess quickly took our drink orders and then when one came back not exactly as we ordered the bartender sent over a complimentary round of shots! The food was great and so was the service. They come around and take pictures of you all dressed up in hats and props and try to sell the pictures for 15 dollars each. We each bought one as the props made them different from photos we had taken and the price and quality were very reasonable. Definitely a fun light hearted atmosphere with huge portions and a great happy hour.Special Features:
- The service was poor - theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013The service was poor - the restaurant is very noisy, but our waitress insisted on taking all 7 orders from 1 far corner if the table. When some food orders were wrong, they weee not easily fixed. Even though we all had VERY spicy food, the waitress was no where around when we needed refills.Special Features:
- We ordered an appetizer, 2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013We ordered an appetizer, 2 frozen margaritas and 2 dinners. The drinks came with the glasses overflowing with covered the table with margaritas. We waited about 15 minutes for the appetizer. It was brought to the table by 1 staff member, and as he walked away the dinners were put in front of us by another staff member. So much for enjoying the appetizer BEFORE the meal. That said, the waitress was very friendly. (She went back a couple of times to check on the appetizer before it arrived). The food was excellent. The mess on the table wasn't.
- Chose this restaurant becausedineoutVIPDined on 3/13/2013Chose this restaurant because of its location in the Flamingo Hotel where we were going to see a show. It was a bit rowdy for our taste, but probably appeals to a 20-30 age group. Food was good. Service was lacking in attentiveness. Had to ask several times for my coffee to arrive, and finally the "hostess" stepped in and brought it.Special Features:
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We went as a group for my birthday. The atmosphere in Mexico was great so we figured it would be fun in Vegas. The wait staff was horrid. The waitress forgot to take one of our orders. We had to ask other staff to help us as she didn't check our drinks. The food was way over priced. If this says something, I have never written a review for bad service. This was exceptionally bad.
- Slow and young unitentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013Slow and young unitentive service..from the door to the floor. Asked for a booth on the reservation got a table.