1025 S 21st St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3705Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7194712905
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (September - April) Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm Summer Hours (May - August) Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Carlos Echeandia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carlos’ Bistro is the perfect location to celebrate any special occasion. From weddings to birthdays and private parties, Carlos’ Bistro has a large dining room or an outdoor patio to accommodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8772785798
A word from Carlos' Bistro
In the beginning there has been one word in Carlos’ Bistro, Beautiful. The excellence and the experience of the best in Colorado Springs. Carlos (Owner, Executive Chef, and Matradee) provides a warm and welcoming experience to all of our customers, making everyone feel special at home and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Carlos' Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Carlos' Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (59)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice treatphilellis123Dined on 9/27/2014I received a gift card for Carlos's Bistro from a client and I saved it to use for my 10 year anniversary with my wife. We ate outside, and the patio is BEAUTIFUL, with flowers and lights and fountains. Carlos personally took care of us with a little help from a waiter. I wanted the Filet on the menu, but they just ran out. I ordered the Jumbo Scallops with pasta, and they apparently just ran out of that also. Carlos made the same pasta dish with shrimp instead of scallops, it was very good, I was disappointed that my first 2 choices were not available. My wife had the duck, which was very good. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert, and my wife also ordered a drink to go with dessert. The dessert arrived, but the drink was forgotten.Special Features:
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Outstanding place for a first or 500th date with a special person. Service was unbelievable, Carlos visited with us several time, not intrusively but in a short and polite to ensure everything was going well. The food was fantastic. Their signature lobster salad was very good and the catch of the day (sole) with blackberry sauce was outstanding. I highly recommend Carlos' Bistro for anyone that wants a fine meal in a location where you can enjoy the company of your companion without others intruding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of ColoradoRowfortworthDined on 9/26/2014Northern Italian excellence with an extensive wine list. Wonderful meats & seafood (tried no traditional pastas) with fresh veggies, great risotto. Carlos himself checking each plate & table to assure satisfaction. Entire staff helpful & knowledgeable w/out being pushy or pretentious. Don't miss this Springs gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, fantastic service.LuvlocalsDined on 9/24/2014The seafood is fresh and delicious. Each dish we had was delectable. The service was superb and the ambience is comfortable and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CARanchDined on 9/19/2014Carlos always offers and delivers a unique and incredible dining experience. The menu is amazing and the food preparation and delivery is the best in town. I have been to the other "fine dining" establishments in Colorado Springs and none compare to Carlos' Bistro. Carlos is the most genuinely friendly and personable proprietor one could ever hope to meet. I look forward to my next visit with him and his staff and the opportunity to enjoy the amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BestFoodbitsDined on 9/18/2014It is the best restaurant in Colorado Springs with a diverse and extensive menu. Try the Pisco Sours! It's like being in Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLisaDined on 9/17/2014As always we had a magnificent dinner, wonderful celebration, overall exceptional experience. Carlos provides fabulous food and service that can not be beat!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were blown away by the amazing food and service. We did not know what to expect but still to this day, talk about how amazing everything was...the food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere. A great night turned into a memorable night. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Just the welcome makes us feel special before we've even looked the wonderful menu choices. Superb food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicespringsrossDined on 9/12/2014I took my girlfriend here for a night out and it was truly and excellent experience. She had the filet minion stroganoff and I had the steak diane, both were cooked to perfection. The waiter was attentive and the ambience was nice. The only negative thing was the risotto was not good at all. This restaurant is very pricey but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Wish we found this place sooner!!PhillyphanDined on 9/11/2014What a gem in Colorado Springs. Food, ambiance and service were first rate! Looking forward to going back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I don't normally agree with many of the posts for restaurants, but the reviews have been spot on....this place was simply amazing. I would rank this as one of the top meals I have ever had. If you are in the springs area, go visit this restaurant. Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceluvgoodchowDined on 9/5/2014We were greeted by the owner Carlos and he was really nice. We ordered the nights special a nice steak. I had to send mine back as it was not cooked well done as I had ordered. I do not like having steaks sent back as it usually ruins the cut of meat when it is cooked twice. It came back much better and I did enjoy the meal. This is a really nice restaurant but be prepared to spend. Our tab came to just south of $300.00 for two with a $40.00 bottle of wine. We will no doubt return, however not often due to the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding9494Dined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Carlos' Bistro for a number of years and have never been disappointed. The quality of the food and sevice is consistently outstanding. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in Colorado Springs but it is well worth it. Carlos has a very creative menu and everything we've tried has been executed perfectly. If you're looking for a true fine dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive12345Dined on 8/31/2014The food is not bad, but cheapest meats go for 35 bucks, going up to 65. At that price point your food must be supperb and refined and it is not the case. Just not worth the amount you spend.
- Carlos' was wonderful!GordonVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants we have enjoyed in a long time......menu had great variety, and everything we had was absolutely excellent! Carlos personally visited each table more than once to welcome and chat in an unobtrusive way....very nice man, interesting backgound. The best meal we've ever had in Colorado Spings for sure, including any of the restaurants at the Broadmoor where we were staying. Sunday evening wine bottles were 1/2 off.....not sure if this is every Sunday, but a nice surprise for us. Some wines are way expensive, but we had a moderately priced Argentine Malbec (Don David) that was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful for romantic celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Carlos is so friendly and checks on everyone during your meal. He even met us at our car and welcomed us in. It is very pricey, but the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Love itJAAFAADined on 8/31/2014Upon arrival a very pleasant greeting at the restaurant by Carlos. The food was delicious, service was excellent with appropriate ambience. A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!TurketteDined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the customer service was completely over the top! I will definitely be going back the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend you give this amazing restaurant a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had heard (and read) great things about Carlos's, and we weren't disappointed. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and level of service, under $200 for 2 with a bottle of wine, with a shared dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- Carlos' BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014For our first anniversary, this was a delightful choice. The greeting by Carlos was warm and welcoming and put us at ease immediately. The service was solicitous but never obtrusive. The food was excellent with a delightful presentation. We were lifted up by our celebration venue.Special Features:
- BurliumDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the front door, and from that point on all of the staff knew us by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKAtkinsonDined on 8/23/2014My wife had a beautiful experience... We were greeted by Carlos the owner, who personally continued to check on us throughout the night. The food was as good as the enthusiasm of the owner, who was actually busing plates. Its nice to go somewhere that the owner has such personal pride that is so clearly evident. We will certainly return... Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Super Excellent!!!Sean4TattiDined on 8/23/2014Best continental food we've had in the Springs. Service and timing was perfect. Loved the outdoor patio. Dining room was very tastefully decorated and the restrooms were CLEAN and comfortable. Tomato Bisque soup, Caesar Salad and Clams w/ Mussels were all super excellent, never had better! The Lobster was cooked too perfection:)- Expensive for our budget ($200+ before tip, dinner for two) which will keep us away except for special occasions. I hope everyone in town gets a chance to dine at Carlos Bistro. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaverickDined on 8/23/2014Overall I would probably recommend. The only concern we experienced was a particular server seemed annoyed and unhappy throughout the night and somewhat rude as well. Big disappointment for probably the priciest meal in Colorado Springs. When you charge those prices you have to get it right EveryTime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuck with appetizersSteveBDined on 8/22/2014First timer, I was drawn by several of the items on the starter menu. We ended up ordering 5 items plus dessert and were completely satisfied. It was our very own little smorgasbord and the envy of the diners at the table next to us. Of special note was an outstanding 'beef tartar', best I've ever had. Ceviche was equally as good with scallop, squid, shrimp, & tuna. The key lime tart was very good as was the coffee.Special Features:
- Best Fine Dining in Colorado SpringDougDined on 8/22/2014From the greeting by Carlos when you arrive through the desert and coffee at the finish the word to best describe the experience is pleasure.Special Features:
- HMG1952Dined on 8/21/2014Outstanding restaurant! We loved it! Food, atmosphere, and staff were great. Check out my review on Trip Advisor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlo's Bistro...YES!!BilweelerDined on 8/19/2014Marvelous service, magnificent food, outstanding atmosphere. If you are celebrating a special occasion in Colorado Springs, you may be thinking of the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Good choices, but pretty routine. Get out of your routine. Carlo's Bistro is much more intimate, personal, and exotic than either the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Don't miss the Lobster Salad. The Filet (ordered medium rare) is literally a "melt in your mouth" steak. Carlo's is not cheap; you will pay top dollar for your food. Regardless, you'll leave satisfied that you got your money's worth.Special Features:
- A Great Upscale RestaurantgoodeatsDined on 8/18/2014What's not to like? The food is great, the wine list is top notch. The wines by the bottle are half price on Sundays and Mondays, at least right now. This wasn't the first time we have dined that nor will be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappySoSadDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Carlos' Bistro. The service, food, wine and attention were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5*****badBdayDined on 8/17/2014May be one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed! The meat was prime and complemented perfectly. The scallops cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OMGOldman1Dined on 8/16/2014Took family of nine for dinner because Broadmoor Resort couldn't accommidate us @ reasonable time - Broadmoor's permanent loss. We were treated like family. Great service with fantastic food, probably the best I have ever eaten. Fantastic menu, exceeded only by it's taste. I don't normally reply to these reviews, but everyone deserves to know about Carlos'.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/15/2014FOUND IT ON OPEN TABLE A GREAT FIND ECELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE VERY ENJOYABLE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurable experienceVang759VIPDined on 8/13/2014We visit Colorado Springs frequently to see our son. We make it a priority to eat at Carlos Bistro. Carlos, personally, makes sure our dining experience is delicious & enjoyable. And the service is top-notch!Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014My family took me here for my birthday, and it was outstanding. We came for the early bird menu, which is half off of the regular menu. The prices are pretty steep, but the food was excellent. We first ordered Escargot for the appetizer. It came out bubbly and full of great flavor. Our young kids are very adventurous, so they ate the escargot and loved it, dipping their bread into the leftover sauce. Everything was excellent. We were so impressed with the pork chop because we didn't expect it to be so tender and full of flavor. Our only negative is the location. This restaurant needs to move to a better location so they can get more customers. I hope that more people will learn to love this place!Special Features:
- Exquisite food and ambiancePikesPeakFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014Carlos himself greeted us at the door with an umbrella to shield us from the rain! Great start to a wonderful evening. Food delicious and artfully presented. Dine on Sunday or Monday evenings 5:00 to 5:30 for specially priced meals. Can be quite expensive otherwise but so worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!diningdivaDined on 8/9/2014The entire dining experience at Carlos' was amazing. We took advantage of the early-bird dinner deal and were glad we did. We were able to enjoy the wonderful food at a reduced rate. They say the portions are smaller for the early-bird dinner but there was plenty for me. Both the service and the food are incredible. I chose this restaurant because of the many positive reviews. Carlos' did NOT disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!eatinwithaviewDined on 8/8/2014We went for my birthday and everything was outstanding... The drinks, the food, the service, the ambience. This will be our go-to special occasion spot. Their strong reviews are well deserved!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatoutluvthebroadmoorDined on 8/5/2014We occasionally go to The Broadmoor for a little extravagance. We have always chosen to eat at Carlos Bistro as it is better than what the Broadmoor has to offer. We arrived in the rain and Carlos came to our car with an umbrella to escort us inside. The food was incredible as was the service. The food presentation was something to "ahh" over. The mushroom soup was indescribably good.Special Features: