1025 S 21st St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3705Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: (719) 471-2905
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (September - April) Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm Summer Hours (May - August) Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Carlos Echeandia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Carlos' Bistro
In the beginning there has been one word in Carlos’ Bistro, Beautiful. The excellence and the experience of the best in Colorado Springs. Carlos (Owner, Executive Chef, and Matradee) provides a warm and welcoming experience to all of our customers, making everyone feel special at home and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Carlos' Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Carlos' Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (66)romantic (62)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fabulous!WonderWomanDined on 11/21/2014Spectacular food! Service is top-notch! We have never had a dining experience like this before. It's a very cozy and intimate atmosphere without being "snooty". My husband and I felt so comfortable and Carlos and his staff made us feel like we were family. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great food and awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencemwilkinsonDined on 11/21/2014We had a great night at Carlos Bistro! Carlos gave us a very warm welcome and the waitstaff was ready to take our order and accommodate our requests. We found the lighting to be quite dark as we don't really like dark restaurants. The food was prepared to order and timely. Prices were reasonable considering the menu. Well worth the money in our opinion! Be prepared to be fed! If you have dinner reservations, eat a light lunch! We will be going back if we find ourselves in Colorado Springs again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014We were staying at the Broadmoor but wanted to eat off site at local place, and went to Carlos Bistro based on Tripadvisor. Wow! Carlos met us outside and led us to our table, and talked about some of the menu items. Our server, Tim, was very attentive and helpful. We had the 1/2 lobster salads, Peruvian ribeye, and filet stroganoff. All were completely delicious and amazing! The bill was expensive, but worth every cent. Carlos walked us outside, and told us how to save money on future visits- 1/2 off for early bird dining, 1/2 off bottles of wine nights, etc. We will return every time we visit the Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-go restaurantOphelia528Dined on 11/13/2014Carlos's Bistro is delicious and well worth the price. Carlos himself is always there and is very welcoming and attentive, as is his staff. It's great for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Carlos Bistro, has the finest prepared fish you will find anywhere. The service is great and Carlos loves what he does and it shows. It is a 5 star in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorado Springs Dining GemTheBistroFanDined on 11/7/2014Carlos's Bistro is THE romantic place you need to take your sweetie for a special occasion. Each dish is a tasty work of art, the food is fresh daily, the menu is huge, the wine excellent, and the ambiance is as good as it gets. You will love Carlos's tie thrown over his left shoulder--his trademark--what a great guy. I dine there whenever I'm in C. Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Carlos Bistro at the recommendation of a friend. We absolutely loved it and will be back for our next special occasion. The food was decadent, and the service like no other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowFoodLoversDined on 11/1/2014Outstanding food and presentation, good wine selection and friendly and detailed service. Owner is front of the house and makes guest feel welcomed. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all accountsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Outstanding food, huge portions, lovely atmosphere and absolutely wonderful service...owner even came out and greeted us at the car and stopped by the table frequently. My mussels and clams in creamy garlic sauce with fettuccine was one of best dishes I've ever had. If I lived in the area, I would go back frequently!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The French escargots were delightful, and the sauce they came in perfect for dipping. The house specialty salad with half lobster and goat cheese is a treat for the senses. The veal scaloppini were delicious. The seafood special, "something-something" sole, was somewhat bland and the risotto was overcooked. Both main dishes had great sauces. The dessert with berries and vanilla-burbon comes in a beautiful dish. Their service is outstanding with attention to detail and personal care. The wine list is large and the prices are high. This meal cost $160 (including two glasses of red wine).Special Features:
- Fantastic evening!shellykcDined on 10/18/2014We were vacationing in Colorado Springs for our first anniversary and went to Carlos' Bistro based on reviews we read. It was outstanding from start to finish. We shared a fried calamari appetizer - delicious. I had the Caesar Salad, husband had the shrimp and scallop salad to start. Both fantastic. We went with beef for the entree. I had the Filet Mignon a la Oscar. Husband had the bone-in ribeye. Both were outstanding - and we come from Kansas City where the steaks are oh so good. Dessert was the key lime tort which was perfection. Service was just the right amount of attentive. It was a wonderful evening and a dining experience we won't forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKarmchaircriticDined on 10/18/2014Carlos greets customers out front, and that's a nice touch. The service was above excellent, but note that there were few tables seated. We went for the early bird special, which is reduced portions and prices. The Calamari was overburdened with breading, but the marinara was fantastic. The fresh fruit/avocado salad was impressive. The seafood linguine was just alright. Grouper was the special and it was actually pretty good. Creme brule was just about the best in town. The tab was $120 including tip for two, with only one glass of wine. I would give Carlos only 3.25 stars, and from my experience it's not worth the full price menu.
- Huge, varied menu, great serviceJulieGVIPDined on 10/17/2014First time. Not from the area. The menu is huge and varied (a lot of fried foods as apps, raw oysters, nachos (?!)) and some very interesting combinations worthy of foodies. One of us had the shrimp cocktail app and a filet ($59) as the entree. Both were very good. I had the tuna tartar salad and pasta fruit de mar. The salad was delicious. The pasta was chock full of seafood, but the red sauce on the pasta was bland. I would select another entree next time. It was a very enjoyable evening. Carlos is everywhere - out in the parking lot, explaining the dishes, serving and clearing. Clearly a passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Anniversary Experience!b2rljDined on 10/10/2014We were in town and had been staying at the Broadmoor but wanted to get out and enjoy a quiet evening alone to celebrate our Anniv. It could not have been a better pick! The staff and food were amazing!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceWINENUTDined on 10/8/2014It has been some time since our last dining experience with Carlos. He greeted us by our first names and proceeded to walk us into his restaurant and seated us at a table. The food was not only excellent but also a work of art. We plan on returning around to end of the month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Find!TravelingDinerDined on 10/3/2014Carlos' Bistro was an awesome find for someone who does not live in the Colorado Springs area. The restaurant definitely lived up to its awesome reviews on TripAdvisor. The food was great and the service was superior. Carlos even met us outside the restaurant to greet us! This place is a must try for locals and visitors alike!Special Features:
- SophieDined on 10/2/2014We had our anniversay dinner and couldn't have asked for a more pleasureable experience. The ambience was romantice; the food was a delight and the service was excellent! We are telling all our friends "Definitely make plans for a great dining experience by making a reservation at Carlos Bistro!"Special Features:
- Special eveningtacodaveVIPDined on 10/1/2014Carlos is a magnificent host. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the wine extraordinary. We loved both the Halibut and Charasco style Ribeye specials. The Insignia is a favorite and it was 1/2 price on this Sunday night. What an absolutely magical evening for my wife and I.Special Features:
- Nice treatphilellis123Dined on 9/27/2014I received a gift card for Carlos's Bistro from a client and I saved it to use for my 10 year anniversary with my wife. We ate outside, and the patio is BEAUTIFUL, with flowers and lights and fountains. Carlos personally took care of us with a little help from a waiter. I wanted the Filet on the menu, but they just ran out. I ordered the Jumbo Scallops with pasta, and they apparently just ran out of that also. Carlos made the same pasta dish with shrimp instead of scallops, it was very good, I was disappointed that my first 2 choices were not available. My wife had the duck, which was very good. We ordered the bread pudding for dessert, and my wife also ordered a drink to go with dessert. The dessert arrived, but the drink was forgotten.Special Features:
- Great date spotTBrock60Dined on 9/27/2014Outstanding place for a first or 500th date with a special person. Service was unbelievable, Carlos visited with us several time, not intrusively but in a short and polite to ensure everything was going well. The food was fantastic. Their signature lobster salad was very good and the catch of the day (sole) with blackberry sauce was outstanding. I highly recommend Carlos' Bistro for anyone that wants a fine meal in a location where you can enjoy the company of your companion without others intruding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of ColoradoRowfortworthDined on 9/26/2014Northern Italian excellence with an extensive wine list. Wonderful meats & seafood (tried no traditional pastas) with fresh veggies, great risotto. Carlos himself checking each plate & table to assure satisfaction. Entire staff helpful & knowledgeable w/out being pushy or pretentious. Don't miss this Springs gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, fantastic service.LuvlocalsDined on 9/24/2014The seafood is fresh and delicious. Each dish we had was delectable. The service was superb and the ambience is comfortable and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CARanchDined on 9/19/2014Carlos always offers and delivers a unique and incredible dining experience. The menu is amazing and the food preparation and delivery is the best in town. I have been to the other "fine dining" establishments in Colorado Springs and none compare to Carlos' Bistro. Carlos is the most genuinely friendly and personable proprietor one could ever hope to meet. I look forward to my next visit with him and his staff and the opportunity to enjoy the amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BestFoodbitsDined on 9/18/2014It is the best restaurant in Colorado Springs with a diverse and extensive menu. Try the Pisco Sours! It's like being in Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLisaDined on 9/17/2014As always we had a magnificent dinner, wonderful celebration, overall exceptional experience. Carlos provides fabulous food and service that can not be beat!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were blown away by the amazing food and service. We did not know what to expect but still to this day, talk about how amazing everything was...the food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere. A great night turned into a memorable night. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Just the welcome makes us feel special before we've even looked the wonderful menu choices. Superb food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicespringsrossDined on 9/12/2014I took my girlfriend here for a night out and it was truly and excellent experience. She had the filet minion stroganoff and I had the steak diane, both were cooked to perfection. The waiter was attentive and the ambience was nice. The only negative thing was the risotto was not good at all. This restaurant is very pricey but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Wish we found this place sooner!!PhillyphanDined on 9/11/2014What a gem in Colorado Springs. Food, ambiance and service were first rate! Looking forward to going back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I don't normally agree with many of the posts for restaurants, but the reviews have been spot on....this place was simply amazing. I would rank this as one of the top meals I have ever had. If you are in the springs area, go visit this restaurant. Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceluvgoodchowDined on 9/5/2014We were greeted by the owner Carlos and he was really nice. We ordered the nights special a nice steak. I had to send mine back as it was not cooked well done as I had ordered. I do not like having steaks sent back as it usually ruins the cut of meat when it is cooked twice. It came back much better and I did enjoy the meal. This is a really nice restaurant but be prepared to spend. Our tab came to just south of $300.00 for two with a $40.00 bottle of wine. We will no doubt return, however not often due to the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding9494Dined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Carlos' Bistro for a number of years and have never been disappointed. The quality of the food and sevice is consistently outstanding. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in Colorado Springs but it is well worth it. Carlos has a very creative menu and everything we've tried has been executed perfectly. If you're looking for a true fine dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive12345Dined on 8/31/2014The food is not bad, but cheapest meats go for 35 bucks, going up to 65. At that price point your food must be supperb and refined and it is not the case. Just not worth the amount you spend.
- Carlos' was wonderful!GordonVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants we have enjoyed in a long time......menu had great variety, and everything we had was absolutely excellent! Carlos personally visited each table more than once to welcome and chat in an unobtrusive way....very nice man, interesting backgound. The best meal we've ever had in Colorado Spings for sure, including any of the restaurants at the Broadmoor where we were staying. Sunday evening wine bottles were 1/2 off.....not sure if this is every Sunday, but a nice surprise for us. Some wines are way expensive, but we had a moderately priced Argentine Malbec (Don David) that was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful for romantic celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Carlos is so friendly and checks on everyone during your meal. He even met us at our car and welcomed us in. It is very pricey, but the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Love itJAAFAADined on 8/31/2014Upon arrival a very pleasant greeting at the restaurant by Carlos. The food was delicious, service was excellent with appropriate ambience. A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!TurketteDined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the customer service was completely over the top! I will definitely be going back the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend you give this amazing restaurant a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had heard (and read) great things about Carlos's, and we weren't disappointed. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and level of service, under $200 for 2 with a bottle of wine, with a shared dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- Carlos' BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014For our first anniversary, this was a delightful choice. The greeting by Carlos was warm and welcoming and put us at ease immediately. The service was solicitous but never obtrusive. The food was excellent with a delightful presentation. We were lifted up by our celebration venue.Special Features:
- BurliumDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the front door, and from that point on all of the staff knew us by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.