Carino's Italian Grill - Doral
8240 NW 36th Street
Doral, FL 33166Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carino's Italian Grill - Doral
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carinos.com/
- Phone: 3054037919
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11:30AM to 11:00PM
Friday 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Saturday 12:00PM to 12:00AM
Sunday 12:00PM to 10:00PM
Happy Hour: All Week 4:00PM to 9:00PM
Weekday Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30AM to 4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Peitersen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Your order will be prepared fresh and ready for pick-up at your convenience or delivered to your selected location.
We complete the delivery service by professionally setting your buffet table with disposable plates, napkins, cutlery, and serving utensils.
Our Catering Representative delivers your meal in disposable containers, freshly cooked and hot.
A word from Carino's Italian Grill - Doral
Carino’s brings the spirit of Italian dining to Doral with delicious cuisine and gracious hospitality. Carino’s presents traditional Italian fare that utilizes fresh ingredients flown in from Italy and the best, seasonal food from across the US. Carino’s is dedicated to providing a true taste of Italy and always strives to capture the charm, warmth, and feeling of the Italian kitchen. The space is a celebration of Tuscan colors and clad in weather-worn stone, with an inviting concept that suits South Florida’s Mediterranean climate. We started by perfecting the classics; now we've opened up the grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Carino's Italian Grill - Doral - Best Restaurants in Doral ›
Carino's Italian Grill - Doral reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- GoodBrendaBDined on 10/9/2014The food was good. Service was satisfactory. It's a very good deal with a coupon or certificate. Wasn't too busy and parking was easy. I would buy another discount deal for this place. I wouldn't say it was great but everything was satisfactory.
- Great Italian Restaurant in DoralRicardoDined on 10/2/2014As always Carino's filled our expectations. The four entrée ordered where very good in flavor and size. I particularly like the Skillet, a no brainer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLuckyNVIPDined on 9/28/2014it a nice and avergage italian place in Doral. The place looks very noce, they have a lot of parking, the service was good and the food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & great service!!!GabyBDined on 9/22/2014The food was wonderful. Our server was amazing. He was knowledgeable and attentive. Stuffed mushroom appetizer exceptional. Oh, and to begin with you are brought a small loaf of warm bread in a wrapper along with olive oil/garlic on a plate. The manager also made his way to every table, greeting the guests. Great night all around. Very impressive. We will be back.Special Features:
- Worst Food EverFarmToTableGirlVIPDined on 8/28/2014This establishment does not cook its food on sight. As I was told regarding the metallic tasting fettuccine "That's what we get from corporate; in Texas!" Nothing is made on site. This is an elaborate microwave that purports serving Italian cuisine. It was truly awful and I regret having subjected my wallet and my body to such awful food--and I use the word food very loosely.
- Making plans to returnCook654Dined on 7/19/2014Great time with friends waitress was excellent kind patient and friendly we had a group of about 14 people and everything came out quick the waitress was alone and seemed like it was her and 3 other people that's how great she was. Offered to cut the cake for my wife bday saving me the hassle which many places won't do did not rush us even though we were the last people there and offered to get us shots delivered to the table even after we closed the tabs. Bartender was friendly and gave a great recommendation and all the rest of the staff that dealt with the party after dinner made us feel welcomed as if it was home thanks for a great night and great birthday dinner. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!YummyFoodDined on 7/6/2014We used to go to the one in Sunrise, but it closed that a few years ago. I was very excited to try it again. The bread was nice and warm. I had the Chicken Bowtie Festival...delicious! It's a bit on the saltier side but it went well with the bread. The bacon and sauce...to die for. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014I ordered the Rosemary Chicken, my wife ordered a steak cooked medium. My chicken was partially raw and her steak was well done. We told the waitress what was wrong yet nothing was done about it. Big disappointment for a place that looked so promising.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Carino's Italian Grill - Doral reviews archive.
- Luv2dine2VIPDined on 6/16/2014I was there with friend watching the world cup... we sat in a booth by the bar.... Staff is friendly and attentive! The bar scene was vibrant.. everyone had a great time watching the match... It is a great happy hour place and the crusted chicken salad is my favored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJoseadanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Eber, our server, was very polite, attentive, and professional. Great service. While the food is not gourmet, the restaurant does offer great variety. I had a salad with salmon and it was very tasty. My kids took me to Carino's for Fathers Day early dinner and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dine2VIPDined on 6/4/2014I enjoy going to Carinos, it is my favorite local restaurant..... The staff are friendly, the ambiance cozy and the food is always good... I especially like the crusted chicken salad which most of the time I asked for grilled chicken instead... it is always fresh!Special Features:
- Great night all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014I was actually very pleased with my experience here. Great service, ambience, food prepared just right, easy access parking, and no long waits! The staff here was super friendly and can recommend great desserts. Bravo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRAYLORENZODined on 5/3/2014The food was fine, they were out of certain items in the menu. Such as Stuffed Mushrooms, Italian Toast for the Brucheta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consider other options.NativeMiamianVIPDined on 2/28/2014With an abundance of dining options in the area, I recommend driving past this place and east somewhere else. Service wasn't bad but the food was run of the mill.
- Sorry we cameFredDined on 2/14/2014Could not make a common drink that was requested. Food was barely acceptable. Service as quite poor.
- Food was great , and withLuvthisplaceDined on 1/25/2014Food was great , and with a family like climate. Bar didn't have any more martini glasses for my wife's cosmopolitan. Besides that all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereviniciusriveiraDined on 12/24/2013Great atmosphere! We spent Christmas dinner at this restaurant ... the reserve was quiet! The ambiante is very cozy, and the service is top notch!! Sure enough, when I again Miami, I will go to Carino Italian Grill - Doral. Highly recommend to all ... the food is top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLalovera1Dined on 11/30/2013Was looking for a romantic, well priced, good food place... Found it at Cariños.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulmartyVIPDined on 11/30/2013this was the worst ever. the food was soooo bad, the service was horrific, the whole restaurant looked like a ghost town since it opened at 12 and we were there at 12:30. it was empty aside from another table with a mom and two daughters and still the service was the worst i ever had. i would never ever visit this place again, even if it was free. the worst italian food of my life. it was a wasted time and wasted money and the most embarassed since i took my kids that were down from college bad bad bad
- The worst food and servicegoodplaceseekerDined on 11/28/2013It was really a nightmare experience. The price for the food was very high considering the quality... they offered a thanksgiving dinner and what we got was a "TV dinner" plate. I would have gotten something better at the frozen dinners section in any supermarket. They only had 3 tables to serve and it took forever to get our dinner. It seemed that they sent someone to purchase our dinner and desert at the neighborhood supermarket and then they defrost them to serve us. I will NEVER recommend such restaurant and will never go back. It was my first and last experience at that place.
- Horrible service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Took 20 minutes to get drink order and food was horrendous ( pasta by the way).Special Features:
- Great place for families &monk568VIPDined on 3/31/2013Great place for families & couples. Not noisy. Service was very good. Food is very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013I know Johnny carinos since 2005 I love the food. I worked there when I was a teenager. They are super clean in the kitchen, and the food is indeed fresh. I went last week it was amazing pasta! I love all there menu. The server was new so he was not well informed. He try and he was nice. I recommend you try anything on the menuSpecial Features:
- Inappropriate background musicDanReissVIPDined on 3/6/2013Not fine dining - but it is a neighborhood restaurant so not much was expected. [Although I have to say, in New Jersey you can walk into a neighborhood bar and get better Italian food than most of what you will get in Manhattan at 5Xs the price.] The servers are not well trained. Which is not their fault but that of management - Hostess leaning on the reception desk, chatting with a colleague, not paying attention to customers. Servers pleasant but talking with each other, backs to the dining room. Management has to decide whether they want this property to be a sports bar with blaring 'music' [term used advisedly] or a restaurant where patrons can enjoy a meal in relative tranquility.
- Great happy hour and specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013Great happy hour and specials. Good price for decent italian food.
- Nice place. The server wasivanVIPDined on 2/18/2013Nice place. The server was very attentive and made recommendations to us.Special Features:
- VALANTINES DINNER DATEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013A GREAT LAST MINUTE FIND FOR A ROMANTIC DINNER FOR MY SWEETIE. GREAT FOOD AND SERVICESpecial Features:
- I have been there before aNewfie22hbVIPDined on 1/20/2013I have been there before a liked it as a Resturant chain italien food place can be BUT this time the food was full of oil. Two dishes were sent back with a half of inch of oil on the bottom of the bottom. Our potato soup had the thickness of oatmeal. Even the chef came out and said that he was sorry that yes the food was improbably made. I would say yes to visiting this Resturant but check the amount of oil in your dish before you eat it.Special Features:
- Service awful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2013Waiter was awful.. Meal took almost 2 hours and place was not that full.. It took 10 minutes to get the check. 10 minutes to pay. Waiter kept on disappearing 20 minutes at a time. Lots and lots of places better than Carinos at the Doral.
- A wonderful new experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012My husband & I have a tradition every Thanksgiving - we usually go to the Columbia Restaurant in Tampa. This year, since relocating to Miami, it was our goal to find a place to start a new tradition. I enjoyed the traditional Thanksgiving dinner & he enjoyed the Lobster Ravioli - both were delicious & I assure you that we will go back again!Special Features:
- Don't eat at Here.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012The worst Italian food I have ever eaten in a restaurant . The meat balls were hard dry and tasted like something you would get from the frozen food section at your grocery store. High prices and bad food make for a very bad combination. The service was very good and that is all that was good . So much for the Thanks Giving meal.
- I had a very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012I had a very pleasant experience. The food was delicious! It met all of my expectations. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- My pasta was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012My pasta was delicious. The only thing that could make it better is FRESH pasta. Every italian restaurant should make FRESH pasta.Special Features:
- Great local place to go forLuv2dine2VIPDined on 7/20/2012Great local place to go for happy hour. Get half price on drinks and pizza between 4 - 7pm! The pizza was delicious and our food was fresh and tasty! Will go back again and again!
- Good inspite of a few flawsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012I think it would behoove them to put in acoustical tiles ....the "energetic" noise might also have been labeled "loud and intrusive" Other than that and their "bread oil" lacking any sort of flavor whatsoever, the food was good, not pricy and the service good.Special Features:
- Carinos was very nice. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Carinos was very nice. I had a dinner here for my bday party of 16, With it being my first time here I asked the waitress to recommend a entree the lasagna was great also the Italian sangria . I also asked her will we be billed separately she advised yes.at the end of dinner were here with a biLL for 16 and was told to figure out each individual total .which I thought was very unprofessional overall everything else was GoodSpecial Features:
- FOR THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROVIDEDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012FOR THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROVIDED FOUND IT A BIT PRICEY AS IT WASN'T THAT GREAT. PREFER MACCARONI GRILL AND ITS CHEAPER TOO. WAITRESS CAME OVER TO ASK HOW ALL WAS AFTER WE HAD FINISHED OUR MEAL. CAREFUL W/WINE AS THEY ASK YOU FOR 1/2 GLASS OR FULL GLASS TO CHARGE YOU DOUBLE!
- Service an dfood was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Service an dfood was excellent. We received excellent service and advise from Maria. Would highly recommend it and would go back on any future visit to MiamiSpecial Features:
- LOVED ITOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Carino's was such an enjoyable experience for my family and I. From the minute we walked in we were taken care. We did not have to wait which was amazing! Regardless of how busy the restaurant was. Our service was spectacular,and the food was delicious. My husband had the Carino's combo which wasa piece of their homemaade lasagna ,chicken and pasta. Needles to say, everyone ate from each others plates. I LOVED IT! I will be back without a doubt.Special Features:
- First time going to Carino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012First time going to Carino's on Mother's Day for lunch. Was looking forward to it until we arrived. We were greeted by the hostess and taken to a high top table. I asked if we could have a lower table since we were with kids and she very rudely said NO. This is what you are getting and it you don't want it you will have to wait a very long time. In the mean time the restaurant was half empty. We finally sat down and were very uncomfortable. The food was good. Once we finished the hostess starred at us until we got up and left. I don't think I will go back.Special Features: