Carinis la conca d'oro
3468 N. Oakland Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carinis la conca d'oro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://atouchofsicily.com/
- Phone: (414) 963-9623
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Carini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater up to 100 people. We supply food and serving equipment and remove when dinner is done. Menu customized to your liking and pricing negotiable. You deal directly with owner so there is less room for confusion.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private patios that seat up to 14 people. We also have a banquet room that seats up to 85 people. If you have more than the banquet room can accommodate, we can offer the entire restaurant exclusively up to 140 people. You are allowed to bring in your own entertainment with the banquet room only. Patios do not allow room for entertainment. We offer buffet dining. family style dining and sit down. Our banquet menus offer a variety of options with flexible pricing. Call owners Peter or Jan with inquiries and to set up the details.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Or Jan Carini 4149639623
- Entertainment: NEW SEASONAL MENU April 2013!!!!! Adding more TVs for ALL sporting events we are able to get, and enjoy $2 Miller Lite Taps as well! Daily drink specials with our Happy Hour Mon through Friday.
- Special Events: ****Happy Hour, Monday-Friday, 3-close, Half Off Appetizers, Drink Special
***Sunday, Half Price Bottle Wine with purchase of TWO(2)Dinners
**Wednesday, All You Can Eat Pasta, $12, open to close
Carini's offers our entire menu for Valentine weekend. We also offer Easter and Mother's Day Brunch. Our Father's Day offers hearty meals for your Dad as well as the full menu. On Christmas, we can accomodate your holiday party up to 140 people. On Christmas Eve Day, the restaurant is closed, but you may order carry out seafood, spiedini; in fact, our entire menu is available for carryout. On New Year's Eve, we offer a special menu of many of our featured entree's and many of our popular dishes.
A word from Carinis la conca d'oro
At Carini's you cannot get any more authentic than being in Sicily. In fact Peter, owner/chef, comes from Sicily and takes pride in all that he prepares. Many of the dishes are prepared the same way his mother cooked them. He uses the freshest ingredients and can customize any dish to your liking. His expanse menu offers 5 kinds of spiedini, seafood, pasta, chicken, veal, vegetarian, appetizers including calamari, octopus salad, antipasto plates and much more. He has many imported desserts plus his homemade tiramisu, cannolis and casatta, a yellow cake infused with rum and filled with cannoli filling and glazed. Peter also sells his spaghetti and marinara sauce, garlic olive oil and seasoned salt from the restaurant as well as gift baskets. All of the products can be shipped anywhere in the US. The restaurant can accomodate parties of any size up to 140 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carinis la conca d'oro reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BDay at Carini'sMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 10/1/2014An otherwise quiet Wednesday turned into a father-daughter family birthday celebration with fine fish, pasta and vegetarian dishes from Carini's- a little wine, some dessert and voila- a good time had by all. Service was at a very European pace, which I like, because I don't like being rushed at special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a great dinnereagl3sVIPDined on 9/15/2014While this is not the first time we have eaten here, it is always a pleasure to dine at Carini's. Food is terrific; prices are reasonable; service always great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioARB1968VIPDined on 9/4/2014Service was lacking, it was not very busy, and they a hard time getting our order out and right. Brought us someone elses salads. Liked the dipping oil, salad dressing, soup, and the seasoning on the table. The main entrees we ordered chicken marsala and bolognese lacked seasoning, once we used there house seasoning it was much better. But I don't feel I should have to do that at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Tasty ItalianMomandnurseMilwaukeeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great spaghetti and meatballs, bruschetta,Caesar salad.....all the regulars at fair prices.Special Features:
- Always Great!elizabethVIPDined on 8/15/2014Friendly from walking in the door, to owner coming to the table, helpful wait staff and friendly good nite! Always such a plus! Makes you want to come back! The food is consistently great! Love it! Thanks, ELiZABETHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent choice alwaysDottyVIPDined on 8/1/2014It is always a good choice to go to Carini's for a most pleasant dinner, with good food good service and most pleasant atmosphere. We go when we want great meal and to be able to relax and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great place.FitFoodie4LifeDined on 7/25/2014What a fantastic restaurant! The owner is warm, friendly and welcoming and visibly takes pride in his establishment. The staff is attentive and courteous and the food is divine. The menu has a nice blend of classic and original dishes. This is a perfect reward spot if you've been cutting carbs and want to treat yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Carinis la conca d'oro reviews archive.
- DinnerpainfreeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great service: friendly greeting and great server (Lauren). Food is dependably good and portions are good, as well. We were in and out in an hour without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possible Worst Service EverANewGuestDined on 6/7/2014Our group of six included our two children. We were seated without issue, ordered drinks, appetizers, and entrees. It was our wedding anniversary. There were delays in bringing everything to us from drinks to bread. By the time the appetizers were finished, none of us were really hungry. The server kept apologizing for delays. Even the salads took way too long. The entrees were an eternity in waiting. The server continued to apologize, and we were finally told that "there was a large party". We'll never be back -- too risky knowing that "a large party" means everyone else gets screwed. Did the restaurant do anything of value in apology? Only after INSISTING. Food was great -- but it did not make up for this treatment.Special Features:
- Neighborhood place for retireesBloomingtravlerDined on 5/31/2014All the retirees here at this cute sicilian place knew each other and the owner. We were from out of town and not of this demographic. We were treated to friendly service. The seasoned olive oil, bread, and salad were the highlight of the meal for me. I had their signature spedieni, which I found to be rather bland. Others in our party had salmon and pasta dishes, which were good. Would I search this place out next time in town? No. But overall not a bad experience.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!RobertVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have been here several times and they never disappoint! Had the Scamponi which was out of this world! Hubby had a steak which he loved. Will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed our entire experience at Carini's. I look forward to going back. Food was spectacular. This will be on my list! It was a trip across town but well worth the effort. I can see how this place is a favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014Very friendly. Attentive service. Lovely atmosphere. Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Foodlove2eatDined on 4/11/2014The calamari appetizer was excellent. I had garlic & oil pasta and chicken marsala which was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time findopie34Dined on 4/6/2014We have talked about eating at Carini's for years, but this was our first visit. We were pleasantly surprised with the Italian atmosphere and the wide selection menu offerings, especially the Sicilian seafood dishes. All our selections were delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we hoped forenjoygreatfoodDined on 3/7/2014Our visit to Carinis left us feeling that this would be a perfect project for Robert Irvine on Restaurant Impossible. The food is described as authentic Italian but did not live up to that statement. The Calamari tasted good but was over-breaded. The house salad was very good, although it was swimming in a too-tart balsamic vinaigrette. The caesar was tasty but not a true caesar in any sense. My 1/2 rack of lamb was of only moderate quality but cooked as ordered. The garlic mashed potatoes may have been from a box. Spaghetti and meatballs were nothing special. Service was attentive and friendly but the restaurant owner roamed around and seemed to make the servers nervous, leaving us to wonder why. The place could use a face lift.
- Great experienceSC79Dined on 3/1/2014I took my mom out for dinner. I'm from Madison so I basically just took a chance on a restaurant I'd never been to before. All of the food was fantastic, moderate pricing, great environment and great service. No complaints. They have a large variety of food to choose from. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerpgapezDined on 2/14/2014This was not only our first night out on Valentines day, but also our first time dining at Carini's. It is safe to say it will NOT be our last! We loved the food, the staff and the location. The restaurant was packed for obvious reasons, but from the bartender to the waitress, to the bus boys... we were treated wonderfully! If that wasn't enough, the food was spectacular! I had the seafood cannelloni and my love had the calamari steak. Both were wonderful. With many thanks to the Bartender, we chose a very nice bottle of wine to accompany our dinner. The combination made the dinner even better. What a great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEricDined on 2/14/2014Carini's is a very good restaurant. The staff are friendly, the food is great, and the atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Valentine's DayLeeCVODined on 2/14/2014We hadn't tried Carini's before, so we booked it for Valentine's Day. The food was very good. My wife had ravioli that was delicious. I had a steak and it was cooked exactly as I ordered and was very tasty. One minor warning: you must like garlic if you go here. Everything we ordered seemed to have garlic in it. We like garlic, so it was fine, but they used a LOT of it. Overall, a very nice evening. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place, great traditionaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/9/2014I love this place, great traditional Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magical Night!silvergirlDined on 2/1/2014We arrived early on a Saturday for a drink at the bar and the owner was the ideal host. We sat in the small room with Christmas lights twinkling and a vibrant street scene. Everything was perfect. The waitress said she had only been working there 3 days but she was excellent. She was well-versed on the menu and extremely considerate. We were served bread with a wonderful olive oil dipping sauce. My dining companion ordered the lamb which had been marinated for 4 days. It was so tender! I ordered the scamponi - butterflied shrimp with breadcrumbs over angel hair pasta. I would definitely order it again and we are already planning another Italian night at Carini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- focus on foodJackDined on 1/11/2014The food is very good at Carinis, but we had to ask for a table out on the enclosed patio because there were too many TV's hung every where with the "game " on. If I want to view the game while eating I would have gone to a sports bar not a fine dinning establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveGordlooVIPDined on 12/31/2013Menu was smaller, more expensive and food was very mediocre. We paid $12 for a small plate of eggplant...way overpriced. Ordered medium rare steak came well done.Veal was mushy and not very good. Bill was over $100 for 1 appetizer, 2 dinners, 2 wine...tip of over 18% added on because we were 6 people. Service did not warrant it. Will not be going there again.
- Great Seafood PastaFredDined on 12/31/2013The seafood pastas are excellent. Dessert cake was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve destinationhate2cookVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great tradition in our family. Never disappointed. Customer service and italian food at it's best !Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLovitalyDined on 12/30/2013Me and my boyfriend go always to this restaurant for special days. We love it there. The service is great and there food as well. If you re a garlic lover you are right here, but Italians always use a lot of garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really enjoyed the food ithdeneaseVIPDined on 12/29/2013really enjoyed the food it was FRESH and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood EateryLizBDined on 12/20/2013We're new to the area and exploring our neighborhood options. We had a very nice dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal, including the picky little eaters.Special Features:
- WonderfulCaptMorgan86Dined on 12/10/2013My wife and went here on a Wednesday night for her birthday. I wasn't busy at all and the food and service were great. I thought the prices were just about right compared to the quality, which was great! We're coming back no doubt about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencediane427VIPDined on 12/1/2013I dined on a Sunday night with my family, a party of 6. Our food was very good. Steaks were tender, pastas dishes were tasty, and the stuffed salmon special was delicious. We were even more impressed with the service with than the food. Our waitress was attentive, but what was even more impressive was the chef. He stepped into the dining room right after our food was served. My dad was just about to start cutting my mom's filet, as he always does, since her hands are week. The chef picked up on this and offered to take the plate back and cut it for her. He brought it back a minute later beautifully cut and ready to eat. We were impressed with his thoughtfulness and the warm, welcoming atmosphere of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carini the bestzestyitalyDined on 11/30/2013I don't get to the restaurant enough do to were I live. When I do get to dine its always special. Pete always talks with his customers makes them feel special. A great place wish they were closer for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time with food and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013we enjoyed meeting the chef and owner The food impressed a friend who is Italian and a good cook, she was surprised to see desserts that her family enjoyed and were seldom seen in restaurants. overall it was one of the best dinning experiences we have hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceblazeDined on 11/8/2013The food was excellent for some and good for others. The cod could use a little more flavor and the vegetarian eggplant dish was OK. The pastas were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteEdandLauraDined on 11/1/2013We always find a warm welcome and wonderful food here. Peter is happy to alter dishes on the menu to suite our tastes. It is our favorite in-town place to eat.Special Features:
- Bad serviceCoupleDined on 10/11/2013Would not return. Had to wait 20 minutes past reservation. Food took over 45 minutes. They micharged us and when we pointed it out to the owner she blamed us.
- Relaxing night outHappinessDined on 10/11/2013Great place to visit with friends and family. Surrounded by rich Italian history. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Menu so much good food to choose from, yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell short of expectationsCarpDined on 9/29/2013Followed an Open Table recommendation to Carinis. Grew up in the restaurant industry so we know the good and bad and the why. Server was pleasant, but not efficient and not always there when we needed her. The wait between courses was way too long, but we still enjoyed our apps and soups. Our main courses were just average - my son and I both had the swordfish special and we both agreed it was disappointing. Not bad, we just had high expectations. A $25 entrée, that looked and tasted like $15. My wife and daughter said nothing good or bad about the spiedini and lasagna - just average. After 3 wines and 3 beers and $180 bill (with tip) for the 4 of us, we walked out of an average experience feeling like we overspent.
- Wonderful food!LisaraeVIPDined on 9/29/2013We sat outside and enjoyed a delightful dinner. Our friendly waitress was attentive without being intrusive, perfect. The entrees were delicious. I've been dining at Carinis for years and I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- I got their stuffed SalmonKellaDined on 9/23/2013I got their stuffed Salmon Special and it was absolutely delicious. I definitely would like to return to try more things on the menu. The restaurant has a "italian family" feel which I enjoyed. My friend ordered the vodka sauce pasta but I thought the vodka sauce was a little to sweet and not enough "vodka-y"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.