37555 N Hum Rd
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
BistroPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (602) 795-1255
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Bistro
- Executive Chef: Coskun Bektas & Hakan Civelek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Carefree Bistro
Carefree Bistro is modeled around fresh seasonal food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carefree Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Flavorful, Fresh, and FriendlyMangiareVIPDined on 11/15/2014The menu at Carefree Bistro is small, but all our choices were excellent. The salad was fresh (greens with cantaloupe and prosciutto) with a very nice light dressing. The soup was innovative (zucchini with a dab of blue cheese). The only complaint is that the Margherita pizza, while the ingredients were fresh and tasty, was slightly under cooked. I could have returned it, and I am sure I would have been well taken care of, but I did not want to be out of line on courses. All in all, they are doing an great job and it is nice to have a "go to" place in Carefree, AZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Neighborhood Fav!MelodyVIPDined on 11/13/2014Hey, Carefree, North Scottsdale folks... Here's a spot for you! Recently bought by a husband/wife team from SF. Every dish was perfect. We've been three times as had great food all three times. My Risotto, Yum! Our guest was raving about the quail. Another loved the spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a new restaurant in town!jando1Dined on 11/11/2014We have already been to Carefree Bistro 3 times since returning from our summer home. The mushroom pizza is a perfect lunch. We took friends to dinner there last week & they were impressed not only by the quality of food but also with the friendly service. We so appreciate that the restaurant uses local sources. We plan to eat at Carefree Bistro often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- check out this new spotChicagoAmyVIPDined on 11/3/2014So nice to have a good new spot in Carefree. Interesting, well-prepared food. My husband had an excellent beet salad and pizza and I had a salad and tuna tartar which was also very good. Waitress didn't seem happy to be there, which is my only criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyopenwideVIPDined on 11/2/2014We tried this replacement for Saba Restaurant.....always anxious to try and support new neighborhood restaurants. The description of the Greek salad was far more interesting than the dish. Sole was mentioned as a special. The dish turned out to be Petrale sole which is really more closely related to flounder than to sole. This bit of information was not given to us when the special was described. The food did not merit the high prices.
- kateVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is a wonderful Mediterranean restaurant. The food is nicely seasoned but never overpowering, allowing the flavors of the very fresh food to speak for itself. Everything is served promptly, at perfect temperatures, by a friendly, professional and accommodating staff. Carefree Bistro is a welcome addition to the area!!Special Features:
- In search of neighborhood gems.TheaDined on 10/30/2014Too pricey and timing from salad to entree was not good. Has potential as a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Find in CarefreecamifoodieDined on 10/25/2014This is our new favorite neighborhood restaurant. Good food, ambiance and service. Their fish specials have been wonderful. Will go back many times and bring our friends.Special Features:
- "Carefree" lunchVixnVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed our meal at the Carefree Bistro. We had a pleasant server named Tara. She was knowledgable about the menu and didn't hover over us, which we liked. We started out with an appetizer of the trio of hummus. It was so good. It came with a delicious pita bread that reminded me of a small, white cloud. My husband had the salmon and I had the portobello mushroom sandwich for our entrees. They were excellent. The bread is homemade there, so you can only imagine how tasty that is. It's one of the tidiest and tastiest restaurants that we've ever been to. You should go there!Special Features:
- Wonderful Bistro!DinnerOutDined on 9/30/2014My first time dinning at Carefree Bistro! It was a quiet evening! We asked to be seated out on the patio, very nice! The staff was attentive & friendly The menu had a wonderful variety of plates. Our server was very helpful and described the evenings specials with such flare. They all sounded YUMMY! We had 2 of them and shared a salad. The blend of flavors was amazing! I can't wait to return for another wonderful dinner. Talked with the owners as we were leaving and they are very excited for the return of the snow birds. I would recommend reservations as the winter season starts up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Have waited for years to find something other than pizza and cowboy bars in this area. Welcome to Carefree BistroSpecial Features:
- RipoffMunchersDined on 9/10/2014We were a party of 6 plus one more who later joined us, so 7. When we received our separate checks (thank you), a tip of 22% had been added to each bill, without any forewarning! And that tip was based upon the total of the bill plus the tax... there is an unwritten rule that you tip only on food, not on tax. We were never told that we would have the tip added. And 22% is exorbitant! If a tip is added for large parties, it is 1) generally 15 to 18% and 2) indicated beforehand. While the food was good, this left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
- Renovation is gorgeous!!JoJo15VIPDined on 8/15/2014So happy to see that this place has reopened. The executive chef is awesome and I can't wait to see what he will do to the new menu. The space has opened up and the lighting is beautiful, well done !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite enjoyableAnne22VIPDined on 8/13/2014Service was very good. Met owner, what a lovely woman. Atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. We were 2 couples, all ordered different meals. All meals were very good with exception if one, the pasta with sausage needs some tweaking and the plate was rather chintzy. This dish was a miss. Having said that, as a local it's nice to have a place in the neighborhood that offers a nice meal. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014Was closed when we got there. No one called us to tell us in advance
- The following 4 reviews are from the Carefree Bistro reviews archive.
- Carefree GemAZGirlVIPDined on 7/14/2014After having been to the restaurant numerous times since it recently opened, the food has been very good. We have tried a variety of items on the menu and it has been consistently great.Special Features:
- better step up2014dinercavecreekVIPDined on 7/9/2014only one waitress, she was overwhelmed..forgot to put our appetizer order in, when we asked about the grapes in a bottle of a wine blend, she told us she did not know, she could have just read the wine bottle label as I did...service was slow. There were 2 older employees there, doing what I do not know... food was average, lamb overcooked, lobster in pasta tough. They did comp birthday dessert, a nice touch and that was the best tasting part of the meal. they
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Enjoy the fine dining in this quaint city. One of the few of this quality in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JoJo15VIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent tuna tartare, red lentil soup, great pasta selection. Chef/owner George is fantastic with his giant welcoming smile , I expect only good things to come for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.