601 Clark Street
Saint Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cardinals.com/cardinalsnation
- Phone: 3143459880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday-Tuesday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Non-Home Game Sundays: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Billy Edmonson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cardinals Nation has many private dining and banquet options. Anything from a Birthday to a Wedding to a Corporate Event, Cardinals Nation offers great space and menu selections for you to choose.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 3143459880
- Entertainment: With over 60 TV's Cardinals Nation is the go to place for fans of all sports.
A word from Cardinals Nation
Cardinals Nation offers fans of all ages a one-of-kind, world championship caliber experience unlike any place else. The best fans in the game will come to play here all year round because the baseball season never ends at Cardinals Nation. Cardinals Nation is the ultimate Cardinals headquarters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Cardinals Nation - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Cardinals Nation reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)great for lunch (42)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (37)scenic view (36)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Good lunchcamkingVIPDined on 9/17/2014Just across the road from Busch Stadium, this is an ideal place to eat before a game. I had lunch here, 6 hours before a Cardinals game, and even with only a few people there, the ambience was there. I rated it 'Moderate' for sound, but expect it gets louder closer to game time! I had the half-sized salad (still a generous portion size!) and filet, and the brownie to finish. All were good. I asked to substitute the mashed potato for fries and they were happy to do that, and then served me both at no extra charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime treat!Nellie01Dined on 9/11/2014Had a great time! Food and service was very good.Sat in a booth facing bar.I was glad no one else sat at the high tops in front of us,as we enjoyed watching the Cards game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to rave about.Out4lunchDined on 9/11/2014Trendy spot in Ballpark Village and our first visit. The menu was adequate but not extensive. The atmosphere was fun as we watched a Cardinal away game on the many screens around the restaurant. The kitchen made a mistake on one of our orders and they were very apologetic and brought out a free appetizer for our trouble and additional wait time. The food was average. We all got a burger with a side salad. One was a turkey burger the other three were beef and ordered medium but came out well done. Our waitress was good and friendly. We will go back but will probably test some of the other fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/10/2014A fun place to watch out of town ballgames. Not too pricy either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cardinal Fan-worthyOntheroadagainDined on 9/10/2014While visiting from Georgia, I took my mother, who is a die-hard Cardinal fan of 79 for an outing. We both agree - best burger! Waitress was wonderful and had all the information about upcoming Cardinal games and start times. Really great option for fans and those who want to have a great downtown lunch. Worth the drive.Special Features:
- It takes a villageYsGuysDined on 9/6/2014We went because my mom wanted to see Ballpark Village. The food was very good, the service pretty good, but the noise level, especially for older folks with hear aids is daunting. Great experience, fun place, lots of activity.Special Features:
- Had a great timeDiehardfanDined on 9/5/2014We had an excellent waitress. She made the evening for us. Great atmosphere to watch the Cardinals game. My wife's chicken was very good. My pork steak was cut way to thin to ever have a chance of being tender.Special Features:
- Good but not spectacularSpookerDined on 9/5/2014I was really hoping the food and experience would be better than good but sadly the food was 2-3 stars at best. My pork steak was more fat than meat and the desert was served cold with ice cream on top. Atmosphere is nice and being next door to the stadium was neat but the food was less than impressive. Just a note that the place was not at all full, in fact it was practically empty so the bad food wasn't because of a rush or overcrowding.Special Features:
- Loved it overall! Great atmosphere!Sophie2Dined on 9/4/2014Loved the details in the decore. It is much nicer than I thought it would be. Glad we went on a non-game night so we could see everything and a great table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!DianeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were there between double header games - Cubs vs Cardinals. Talk about perfect storm! But, the staff was SO friendly and polite. Everyone we interacted with was so energized and ready to help. Wow! On a day like that, I was really impressed. Had a reservation and was seated right away. Huge crowds at the door of people waiting for tables, so definitely RSVP! Food was fine, but service and being across the street from Busch Stadium (!) are what makes this place shine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.ChrisDined on 8/28/2014While the overall experience was okay, we were disappointed with the food.
- Cardinals NationLuvfoodDined on 8/24/2014We had heard so much about Cardinals Nation, so we looked forward to eating there. We went for the brunch. They had a wide variety of items from which to choose. John prepared each of us a wonderful, tasty omelet. Although there was no game the day we went, we had a nice view of the ballpark. Our waitress, unfortunately, I can't remember her name, was a jewel. We had several questions and when she didn't know the answer to one, she found someone who did. It appeared to us that she really enjoys her job. All the staff was friendly and willing to assist when needed. We will return there and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great brunch!YummEDined on 8/24/2014I was so happy to find brunch offered at Ballpark Village! There were a lot of hot breakfast options, as well as cold cereals, yogurt and fruit. They also offered terrific lunch choices with salads, dips, shellfish, and a carving station! Oh and the the dessert bar and the Bloody Mary bar - outstanding! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch - Cardinals NationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent Brunch - What an array of food! The Bloody Mary bar was outstanding. Service was great!Special Features:
- MSteenoDined on 8/2/2014Great Service (Cher); Great Food; Vibrant Baseball Atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great experience will come backArtRDined on 8/2/2014Loved the idea of renting a table on the balcony. looking forward to doing that with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The service was friendly and each employee seemed motivated to help us have an enjoyable meal. The place was children friendly (3 children from ages 4 - 8) and coloring paper and crayons were provided and a good children's menu was provided. The adult entrees [ hamburger, pork steak and strip steak] were tasty and adequately cooked. We all enjoyed the French fries that came with most of the orders. The soft pretzel w/ salt as a pre-meal item was tasty and enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Redbird HeavenNashville67Dined on 7/21/2014This restaurant is a must for the true Cardinal fan. Solid menu, great service and the best view make this a must when in St. Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hot Spot near Busch1stTimeCardsNationDined on 7/18/2014We were seated promptly and treated very well by the hostess. Our waitress was quick to come over and get our drink order. I think she ahd a few too many tables that she was handling at that time - could have had more staff working - but got our first drinks and never felt rushed to order or eat. Great view of several TV's and the place was quiet enough for a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service! Great food!TravelinggirlDined on 7/13/2014Having never been to Cardinal Nation, we decided to give brunch a try. Fantastic!!! The price is reasonable and the food is wonderful. I cannot say enough about our server, Cher. She was so attentive and friendly with a bubbly personality. She rounded out our fantastic experience. Go to this brunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ReviewluvthecardsDined on 7/13/2014Our first experience at Cardinals Nation was decent, but not great. At $30/person you would think the food would be phenomenal, and it wasn't. The atmosphere was really cool, watching the fantasy camp on the field. The energy with all the Cards fans, was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014This was my second time at Cardinals Nation & both times the food was excellent! I love the atmosphere with all the TVs & sports photos etc. Service was excellent--we had a waitress named Michelle & she was great. Very personable & attended to our every need. Only problem was that both times it did take quite a while for us to get our food. Perhaps a little faster service with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014Fantastic, took my mom and stepdad for Mothers and Fathers Day, just perfect! Service was excellent, highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014There were not enough servers to accommodate the crowd. Our waitress was great but she just couldn't keep up. We had a reservation for 10 people. They had it set up for us in a nice spot. About half ordered salads as their entree and liked them. 4 of us ordered other entree's from the dinner menu and the food was poor and it came out lukewarm. Wouldn't recommend this for dinner. Would still consider going to watch a game for drinks and appetizers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014It was really good - not very crowded. The service was somewhat poor but the food was reasonable pricewise and good to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back.MikeDined on 6/27/2014Stopped in for dinner when the Cardinals were on the west coast. Food was great and reasonable views are great. Can't wait to see a game from one of the restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food; warm beerRandyDined on 6/26/2014Food was good but the beer was warm.....very disappointing.
- bgggbgggDined on 6/18/2014Had the flat bread pizza and bbq wings. The pizza was excellent and the wings were very good too. My son had the strip steak and for the price, he said it was also very good. All were happy with their meals. We had a trainee as our sever and she did an outstanding job. Will definitely be back when we're in town for a game.Special Features:
- Awesome New Place in BPVOnADateDined on 6/14/2014This was my first visit to BPV and obviously Cardinals Nation as well. We sat outside, across the street from the stadium. What a cool view! The food was really good and they had a good selection of things to choose from. Although we didn't drink they had ample choices for that as well. This place would be great to sit outside and have drinks (plural). Only complaint was the slow service, but it wouldn't keep me from returning.Special Features:
- Great location, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014Enjoy Ballpark village, but don't expect much of the kitchen. Dinner was bland and tasteless.
- Nothing to Get Excited Abouth2omlnsDined on 6/10/2014Food was mediocre at best. Five lunches (sandwiches), one soft drink, two iced teas, one lemonade and a water and bill with a 15% tip was $90. Food was slow to arrive. At the time we ordered we were told it would be 20 minutes (this was NOT a game day!) There were more empty tables than tables seated. If this restaurant survives it will be due to vacationers wanting the ball park experience. There was nothing that would make me want to go back.Special Features:
- Ore-o-my gosh!PadreinSTLDined on 6/9/2014The fried oreo is the best thing I have ever eaten in St. Louis! I could have eaten 300 of them.Special Features:
- 62075Dined on 6/8/2014Brunch was very good and our server - very attentive. The food was well prepared and refreshed often. Very clean buffet line.Special Features:
- ArchieDined on 6/7/2014Paid $50 for a small salad, two hamburgers, one beer and an ice tea. Not worth it. Then you could not go around the inside of Ball Park village complex because of a concert in the center area. You had to pay to get in. Not too impressed.Special Features:
- Atmosphere fun--food awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014Draft beer not cold. French fries tasted like they were 2-3 hours old. Mac and cheese seemed like it came straight out of a Velveeta Shells and Cheese box. Service not great-- salads came after the entree. Burger did not arrive as ordered. Would go there for a quick beer before a game, but not for the food!Special Features:
- RecommendHuskerVolDined on 6/1/2014I'm recommending Cardinals Nation to all my family and friends.Special Features:
- Very Average - Massively overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Title says it all. The food was really just very average and the prices were very overpriced. I doubt I'll be back.
- Great place to hang after the gameBoloDined on 5/31/2014I was here on May 31 after a Cards victory. The place was full of happy Cards fans and a few Giants fans who were still enjoying themselves. I had made reservations via Open Table and was seated immediately. The service was great, and the food was also great. My daughter is a vegetarian and there were more options than she expected. Overall my 1st visit to Cardinal Nation was a GREAT one. I will recommend to friends as well as return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow enough time before the game!618CardsFanDined on 5/31/2014My grandson and I ate here before a Cards game. We had a 12:00 reservation and arrived and were seated at 11:45. Didn't get out until 1:10 to head over for a 1:15 game. Service at the table was good, but food was slow coming out of the kitchen, then we had to rush through it to get to the game. Give yourself enough time to enjoy your meal if you are heading for the game! His food was good, but my grilled chicken sandwich was just BLAH!Special Features:
- Pretty good, TV's were too smallstatgaryDined on 5/26/2014Overall, a good experience. I would have preferred to listen to the TV broadcasters. I know KMOX does a lot with the restaurant, but there was a lot of interviews on Fox that we missed. Plus the radio voices are a little ahead of the TV.Special Features: