588 Franklin Ave
Hartford, CT 06114Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.carbonesct.com/
- Phone: 8602969646
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am -3:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our off-premise site catering team excels in entertaining events of all sizes including grand scale weddings, complex corporate events or festive family celebrations. As with any Carbone’s experience, culinary creativity and artistry is our passion.
A word from Carbone's Ristorante
Carbone’s has been serving authentic Italian cuisine since 1938. One Family and Three Generations has established Carbone’s as the premier Italian dining experience in all of Connecticut. Consistently voted Hartford’s Best Italian Restaurant, Carbone’s offers elegant gourmet cuisine served with Old World Hospitality. Reserve your table today and come see why…What’s Special is You.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Carbone's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Carbone's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (32)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (7)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Old Standard Comes Through AgainTomKDined on 9/19/2014We don't get to Hartford much, but when the opportunity arises, Carbones never disappoints. Great American-style Italian food, good wines, knowledgeable staff. Always a great pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyRichDined on 9/19/2014We celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed our dinner with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KBN57Dined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful time, celebrating our wedding anniversary. Excellent food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- I have not been disappointed hereDanielDined on 9/12/20145 visits to Carbone's between 7/25 and 9/12. I have been completely satisfied every time. I have had the veal parmagiana all 5 times. Excellent veal, expertly cooked. Pasta is just right, too. I would try something else, but veal parm is my favorite Italian dish. We went with another couple who were first timers. They very much enjoyed their meals. If I hadn't mentioned it before, the bread is fantastic.Special Features:
- One of my FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2014Been here many times and as always the food is delicious and the service is fantastic. Not a cheap place to eat, but well worth the money if you like perfectly cooked food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family run gemScotay72Dined on 9/8/2014Good food, good service, and reasonable pricing for an upscale neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Great 1st time experience. The food and service was great. The restaurant is a hidden gem I'm the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ItalianCTPatrickDined on 8/30/2014I've been here a few times despite this place being in a shady neighborhood. Always felt safe at night as they have a security guy monitoring the parking lot. Always had a great meal and was never disappointed. Brought a friend and he said he wants his last meal at Carbone's. Can't wait to go again. The banana fosters is calling my name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealDanielDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful food, impeccable service. I cannot say enough about this restaurant. We drive 45 minutes to Hartford just for dinner. The worst part is being too full to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A absolutely wonderful experienceDanielDined on 8/22/2014My second time at Carbone's. We were seated in a different section of the restaurant from our last visit. It was still a great experience. The veal parm was my choice again and just spectacular. I had gnocchi as my pasta, it was excellent. We enjoyed our meals, had excellent desserts and loved watching the cafe diablo being made table side. I will be back. Our dinner companions were making their first visit and were pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic northern ItalianOTLongTimeMemberVIPDined on 8/21/2014Some things never change; clams casino, Caesar salad prepared table side, veal cuscinetto, bananas foster prepared table side. Unfortunately, the neighborhood has. Now there is someone standing at the entrance watching the parking lot. Instead of inviting chain restaurants to populate the new entertainment area - another attempt to create a safe zone for tourists - the should have moved Carbone's. There are very few reasons to visit Hartford: the Bushnell, Uconn basketball, and Max Downtown, Dish, and Carbone's.Special Features:
- Hartford's finestNumber1fanDined on 8/20/2014Carbone's still continues to serve the best food in the area. The summer lobster special has to be the most incredible meal at a fantastic price. Cudos to Carbone's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceSurprisedVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were passing through the area on our way home from vacation in Maine and decided to find a local restaurant on Open Table. We found this gem after searching the site, and we're sure glad we did. Upon arrival, we were seated immediately and attended to by two very nice and exceptionally capable ladies who took excellent care of us the entire evening. We couldn't have asked for better service. We enjoyed the table-side Caesar and Spinach salads, and our pasta meals were very good. We will stop in again next year, as this restaurant is now on our "favorites" list.Special Features:
- Memorable DinnerLorieDined on 8/7/2014The food was wonderful, the decor elegant yet relaxing and the staff was accommodating for any dietary request. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edge5150Dined on 8/2/2014wonderful food. the bread dipping sauce was really good, i wanted to take some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endearing Carbone'sflowerDined on 8/1/2014We returned for the Taste of Hartford after reviewing their menu. We were seated upon arrival and greeted by a seasoned waiter. We sampled the caprase salad which was excellent. I enjoyed my salmon with spinach and polenta, one had eggplant parmigiana which was a perfect portion. The service was excellent with a great wine list and a wonderful choice of excellent desserts to complete a very nice dinner for the Summer Taste of Hartford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSusieVIPDined on 7/29/2014I have eaten here several times. The food and service are top notch. Always! A big thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent italianzzvalikaDined on 7/28/2014Great food but not sure if prices worth the dishes. Big portions. Shrimp scampi and salmon were our favorite dishes; the various chicken dishes were more lacking in flavor / spice. Dessert was excellent. No specific complaints about our service. Would consider coming back again during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Really great Italian foodDanielDined on 7/26/2014I had never been to Carbone's before as I do not get to Hartford often. I am Italian & very picky about Italian food, one usually cannot get something as good as what one could make at home (especially since good Italian boys love their mother's cooking over all others). I was really pleased with the veal parmesan. I was served a generous portion of breaded, veal cutlet with the right amount of cheese & sauce. The veal cutlet was very tasty & the sauce was quite good. It was served with a side of penne, which was also good & cooked perfectly al dente. I learned later that I could have asked for linguine or angel hair & as a matter of personal preference, I would have ordered the angel hair. That will be my reason for going next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatChrisDined on 7/19/2014It was an older crowd but the food was incredible. The overall experience was great and will be back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceNickyDined on 7/12/2014Went here for the first time on a business trip and so glad I did. The decor and ambiance is lovely and the we were greeted before we even entered the building. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. Very creative martini list, I recommend the veggie martini which is a great fit with any of the entrees. The menu has a variety of options and distinctive ingredients. You must try the chicken lakava appetizer. I had an amazing entree of veal stuffed with blue crab that was made to perfection! Can't wait to go again and try something else.Special Features:
- Nice eveningsallyjonesDined on 7/12/2014Food and service top notch. Too long of a delay between apps and dinner. Otherwise great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soJeanetteVIPDined on 7/10/2014Service was a bit slow despite the fact that 3 servers were assigned to our table and the restaurant wasn't very crowded. The cod was very bland and soupy. Steak was fairly good. I might give this another shot someday but not in a big hurry.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Carbone's Ristorante reviews archive.