6 Wintonbury Mall
Bloomfield, CT 06002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://carboneskitchen.com/
- Phone: (860) 904-2111
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:45pm
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our off-premise catering team excels in entertaining events of all sizes, including grand scale weddings, complex corporate events or festive family celebrations. As with any Carbone’s experience, culinary creativity and artistry is our passion.
A word from Carbone's Kitchen
Carbone’s Kitchen, a “casual Italian eatery”, is as energetic as it is casual. Our restaurant is for all generations. The menu is as well conceived as its sleek, contemporary and comfortable surroundings; we have three spacious dining rooms to suit any occasion and a lively bar area with televisions with plenty of room for all the friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carbone's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (32)notable wine list (18)romantic (15)hot spot (14)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014first table had a very high noise level. Asked to be moved and they were very accomodating. Service and attentiveness lacked. food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceErnieDined on 11/15/2014Very disappointed. Despite that fact that my party was seated promptly (6:45), and our drink order was taken just afterward, our dinners didn't arrive for almost an hour. We had to ask for bread, and inquired twice as to the status of the meal and if we could have more bread (since our meal wasn't ready). It was early Saturday night and yet one of the specials was sold out already. Our server mentioned that it got busy all of a sudden and no one was prepared for it. i have to wonder if anyone there checks the reservations and blocks out overbooked times (I had no problem reserving a table for 6:45. In NYC, no one takes reservations less than 6 mos. in advance and walk-ins are aware they are taking a chance on getting a table right away (if at all). The food was excellent but not worth the wait. If asked, I'd tell my friends that the food was good but service was very disappointing. Personally, I'll go back to Vito's - it's only a few miles away in Windsor and I've never had an unpleasant experience.
- Excellent local choiceGreatlocalfindDined on 11/9/2014This was a delightful local find, food, service and atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:
- not up to parDover10Dined on 11/1/2014Nothing like there sister restaurant in hartford, the service was slow and the waiter acted like we were a bother to him being there. Over an hour passed before we received our meals and once they did arrive it was clear they sat under a heat lamp for some time .... we will not be returning
- JuliedibleJuliEdibleDined on 11/1/2014Another very good meal at Carbone's Kitchen. We chose it before heading to a concert at Infinity Music Hall, Hartford. We went w/ friends who hadn't been previously. Group selected the Arancini appetizer to split. It came w/ four so we each got one. They were delicious. I started w/ bowl of minestrone soup. For my meal, I chose the lobster risotto. It was good & full of lobster chunks, but not my fave menu item. My husband ordered veal parm and it was amazing as usual. Friends ordered pasta bolognese which is always delicious. For dessert we ordered the flourless chocolate cake w/ raspberry sauce. Always delicious. Friends ordered pumpkin creme brûlée & said it was amazing. Overall it was a very nice meal before the concert. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Some of the best Italian food in the area, and very consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - fun lively ambienceFeelinggroovyDined on 10/24/2014The food is consistently good at Carbones and the service is excellent - friendly and attentive wait staff. On our last visit, I was dismayed to find that our table was not ready at our time of reservation. When I asked the hostess if she would find us in the bar, she signed and said she would try. She did not, so we made the trip from the bar to the front desk several times before a table became available. The bar scene is lively - get there early if you want to find a seat to take advantage of the half priced specials - and they are worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- captainnice40Dined on 10/21/2014Carbon's Kitchen had become a favorite of ours based on 5 visits since its opening. This last visit changed our opinion. The chicken parmigiana had the look and taste of commercially pre-prepared food. The bread was spongy and tasteless. I felt I had stumbled into a diner by mistake.
- Good restaurantFunFoodDined on 10/17/2014Food was good as was the atmosphere. Wait staff could use some polishing. Tried too hard to seem like they knew about wine and kid bussing tables was too grabby taking things off the table. Other than that, not bad.Special Features:
- LV2EATDined on 10/17/2014The food and atmosphere always makes us coming back for more.Special Features:
- Best service!!GinaBDined on 10/17/2014The server we had was so sweet. He was attentive, but not overly, nice but not fake. Probably the best service I've had in years. The food was good. My only negative feedback would be the seating process. We had a reservation, but still had to wait about 10 minutes for our table even though there were many empty tables.Special Features:
- DisapointedGregDined on 10/11/2014The service was very good but the food quality was poor. My daughters meal was good, both my wife's and my meal were like warm at best and had no flavor. The cheese covered bread we ordered was nothing more than over baked bread strips. We will not be back.
- Very good all around experience.GovernorDined on 10/11/2014Easy to find and access. Good wine and beer selection. It was nice to see that they were serving beer from local breweries. Nichole was fantastic and provided great service. The food selection was excellent and the portions were just right. Really enjoyed the crème broulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlesDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I took a couple with us for lunch at your restaurant. We were all impressed with the quality of our meals and the service. My wife has eaten there before with her lady friends. I'm looking forward to a return for a dinner meal. Keep up the great Carbone tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I loved the menu, hard to choose what to get. My husband got the linguine and meatballs which were delicious and I had veal stuffed with spinach and cheese with a Marsala like sauce. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDagatasDined on 10/4/2014Food is always consistently good. Absolutely one of my top favorite restaurants. Service is good, food is fresh and well prepared. I have eaten here easily 30 times or better, both lunch and dinner. Everyone I bring here loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would returnMyDineVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food, pasta dishes, were very good. Extremely noisy, almost couldn't hear each other. Local craft beer selection, though a limited selection. Attractive venue, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TommyTDined on 9/21/2014Everything was really good, so much so that I cleaned my plate even after I should have stopped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, I expected nothing less!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Carbone's Kitchen holds up to the expectations that it's origin, Carbone's, set. Carbone's Kitchen is a little out of the way but don't let that deter you. The service was excellent - warm and friendly. We have a 2 year old daughter and our server was just as engaging with her as she was with us. And the food? The food was delicious! Eggplant was heavenlySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Very pricey for the little amount of food. The Scallops did not agree with me, gave me an upset stomach, however everyone else in my party enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealnoelorrVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at Carbone's kitchen - it was a bit noisy but the service was good and we liked our entrees.Special Features:
- 9/13/14MelWDined on 9/13/2014Service was a little slow, as we were seated for about 15 minutes after receiving our menus before being able to place our order. Both the host and our server seemed less than thrilled to be waiting on us, and as another employee was filling our water glasses, our server yelled across the dining room at him and he went scurrying away mid-sentence. The food was great, although my date's meal was a pasta dish with pesto that didn't appear to include pesto, but it was still delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, OK ServiceCTFoodieDined on 9/13/2014We had wonderful food. The bread sticks are awesome, the crazy carbonara is to die for, the pizza was great and so was the salmon, everything else was good as well. Our waitress wasn't very friendly and seemed reluctant to check on our table. First time we've had spotty service, so it's not a trend, just seemed strange to me. Especially since the difference in a 25% tip and 20% tip is pretty huge on a bill for 6 people for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of SuburbsfancytastebudsDined on 9/13/2014The choices were excellent for this event. There was variety in the selections offered. The desserts were impressive for Taste of Suburbs also. We will definitely dine at Carbone's Kitchen in the future.Special Features:
- Second time same as the first.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Truly underwhelming. This is the second visit to Carbone's Kitchen and it will be the last. The food just is not very good. The people are lovely. The setting is nice. But ....
- shaker1Dined on 9/12/2014Food and service were very good. I enjoyed the pasta primavera very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night at Carbone'sBigAlHartfordDined on 9/11/2014We arrived at the restaurant and were promptly seated. Our busboy quickly filled our glasses with water and brought out the menus. Then the only lapse of the night occurred. We waited twenty minutes to get a waiter. Evidently our table was not assigned to anyone. Eventually I brought this to the attention of the busboy who immediately rectified the problem. The waitress apologized profusely and set out to correct the problem. My wife had the cod, it was excellent. I had veal saltimboca, it was very good. After that we didn't have room for dessert so I took home a plate of cookies. I had them later that night and they were great! All in all we have a nice time and it is my hope that the problem with the waiter was a one time issue.Special Features:
- Special Munue?DickDined on 9/11/2014Service was slow. Special menus was advertised, but the waitress brought the full (more expensive) menu. We had to ask for the special menu. Main courses were fine but the dessert was overly sweet and commercial tasting. I asked for the house wine but she brought me an expensive glass. This restaurant tries to be too cute by half.Special Features:
- Neglected step-childandyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Carbone's in downtown Hartford is perhaps the oldest, most reliable, best-regarded restaurant in town. Carbone's Kitchen in Bloomfield trades on the name, but the food is largely ready-made, lowest common denominator, tasteless and unexciting.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The name holds true to the quality of the food. We were not disappointed and will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMunchersDined on 8/29/2014This is our new favorite resturant. We love the food, the atmosphere, and the staff. What could be better?Special Features:
- NoisyNutmegger2Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service was fine, but the noise level was intolerable mainly due to loud patrons who don't know how to have normal conversations and instead revert to shouting to each other. I wouldn't go back for that reason.
- Very fun dining experienceFinawizDined on 8/28/2014We were attracted to the Kitchen a/c an email I had received (I've been receiving them since I'm been there several years ago) The message showed the special menu for summer cocktail hours. When I cheked to make reservations I was assured that menu would be availabe fright thru the dinner hour. It didn't make it clear that that menu at those special prices only applied to in bar seating only. That was a disappointment. But we indeed loved the great food and the 1/2 prices on drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Too NoisyRusselCDined on 8/26/2014There was a good selection on the menu, something for just about every taste; light fare to substantial platesful. The service was prompt, friendly and good, the atmosphere pleasing to the eye. Our only complaint was that the ambient noise level was just too high. The dining room was quite full, and with everyone talking, the sound had no where to go but 'round and 'round. Overall, though, we had a good experience, and we welcome a restaurant as good as this one within just a few minutes drive from our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ItalianItaliannightDined on 8/16/2014Alsways looking for a good Italian meal and they delivered. Had great specials and the heirloom tomatoes fresh from the chefs garden were delicious. Service was exceptional. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shaker1Dined on 8/15/2014Very pleased with the restaurant and definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbone's KitchennotcrazyaboutcookingDined on 8/14/2014Went to dinner with another couple and sat in a booth, the AC was blowing right on us had to switch placement in the booth. Food and service was good. I started with the Arancini and then had Chicken Scampi both were great. I even had a little left over for lunch the next day. A band (duo) was playing in the bar and I think it would be a great place to go for drinks and a night out with a group due to the large bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the main CarbonesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Mixed feelings. Food was cooked perfectly, but a little bland. The calamari was served with a red sauce. On its own, it was quite tasteless, I guess depending on the sauce to impart flavor. The carbonara was tasty, but the sauce didn't have the depth I've had elsewhere. In addition, for the price, the portion was very small. When it started getting busy the quality of service dropped. We had to wait longer than usual to pay our bill, even though the server walked by the table several times. In fact, a different server actually took care of this for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and reasonable priceJoePVIPDined on 8/9/2014Nice place for a casual dinner. The Bet Salad was excellet an the nights special a pork loin was so very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!!DeaFelbsDined on 8/2/2014Spectacular time at Carbone's Kitchen! Awesome service, amazing food and a fun time (even with a baby in tow) :) our meals were the best we've had out in a VERY long time! Thank you for making the night a great one! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.