5499 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.carbonaradunwoody.com/
- Phone: 6785879100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 Nights. Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Carbonara Trattoria
Rafik Cressaty and his sons would like to welcome you to their family restaurant, Carbonara Trattoria, located in the heart of Dunwoody, Georgia. Carbonara is an inviting Italian restaurant with an ambiance reminiscent of Italy without sacrificing the southern charm of Atlanta. Warm earth tones, textured wall finishes and soft lighting are complemented by a menu featuring the finest fresh produce and ingredients. From antipasto and salads to pastas, raviolis, quality meats and seafood dishes, our menu is inspired by the timeless recipes of the old country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Carbonara Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
Carbonara Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (27)romantic (22)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Consistently Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2014Coming from New England, halfway between New York City and Boston, we find it very difficult to find a good Italian restaurant in Atlanta. Carbonara Trattoria is one of the best in the area. We have eaten at many Atlanta Italian restaurants from Roswell to downtown Atlanta and continue to go back to Carbonara. Yes, we are close to it (2 miles), but we go there for the excellent, consistently good Italian food. I highly recommend their Gnocchi Gorgonzola, but their risotto and carbonara is also excellent. And to top it off, they also have half price wines on Wednesday and Sunday, as well as a limited number of $10 pasta options on Sunday night as well. But don't go there fore the deals - go there for the food!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantCarolVIPDined on 10/16/2014My friend and I have been to Carbonara several times. Each time we are greeted warmly by the owner when we enter. The menu is very enticing. Each time I try a different dish and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent. We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Jewel in DunwoodyDeliciousdinerDined on 9/26/2014Italian with a Southern twist. From fried green tomatoes to roasted tomato risotto to chicken Marsala. Every dish is creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed the dining experience. Food and service were quite good.Special Features:
- DelightfulDined on 9/21/2014This was a first time visit for me and it was most enjoyable. My guest (son and daughter-in-law) were impressed and will certainly visit again. It is so nice to have something at the village, away from the mall, and open on a Sunday evening. Parking is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findEatsOutOftenDined on 9/17/2014I'm from out of town, thus eating out every night. Found this establishment on Urban Spoon and took some colleagues out for dinner on a Wed night. We were all extremely pleased with the facilities, the food, the wine list and especially the service. The other guests were a mix of couples and some other business travelers like us. Very comfortable for all. We will definitely return and have already recommended to others.Special Features:
- LinjoeDined on 9/16/2014Excellent in all important categories. I will continue to patronize this restaurant.Special Features:
- Another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Service was a bit overwhelmed for the time of the evening. Our waiter had 6 tables seated within minutes of each other; two - four people each. The food was once again all it could be; wonderful flavors, tender meat, lovely wine and beer. Highly rec. the gnocchi!Special Features:
- FlexibilitySongbirdDined on 8/28/2014Always willing to deal w/high-maintenance menu-changers like myself who have a very restrictive diet (gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free). This is not an easy diet in an Italian restaurant! They use quinoa pasta, which is my favorite. Servers are always attentive. Meal is fairly priced. Although at this particular visit, my pasta was a bit dry and stuck together, it was still very tasty for all the re-arrangements of their food that I made. No complaints here!Special Features:
- Yummmmm!Kat2427VIPDined on 8/25/2014We were in Atlanta for a few days and ate here the first night. We wished we could have gone back a second time. Everything was yummy! My husband had the sausage rigatoni and loved it. I had the veal francese and it was tender and delicious. I would go back just for the bread alone. Our waiter was great. The whole evening was wonderful!
- Our First Time at CarbonaraMsSueDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I took my mom to Carbonara for her birthday. She had eaten their previously, but we hadn't. Overall the food is good. My husband had Osso Bucco - it was tough and the sauce was very thick. It was tasty, but I've experienced better elsewhere. I had a Chef's Special - Seared Scallops over risotto. It was excellent! Mom had the 4oz filet and she thoroughly enjoyed it. The portions are smaller than other restaurants, but that is a good thing! Overall the food was good. I would eat there again. The restaurant is small and the tables are close together, so it would be very noisy if it were busy. Give it a try!Special Features:
- margaret426Dined on 8/22/2014This was the first time we were visiting the restaurant and we enjoyed it very much. The sound level is OK. The food was very good and we brought some home as the portions were large. All in all we thought it was good and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousLarryVIPDined on 8/19/2014always good and always spectacular. just plain perfection in plate after plate. owner is involved and cares about every dish.Special Features:
- always goodfoodoutDined on 8/10/2014The owner hustles right along with the staff. We live in the Dunwoody neighborhood and walk to dinner. Have never been disappointed by any of the pasta dishes and the seafood and meats are always moist and perfectly cooked. Love their salads, too. Half price wines and pasta nights make this a "go to" place often.Special Features:
- First time and not lastATLJPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent experience, food was outstanding as service.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Do not know why specifically, but we did not enjoy our dinner this time as much as the first time we went there. We do believe it's a good neighborhood restaurant, but this time my fish was soggy and also the bread did not seem as good as I remembered it. We did not like the waiter. He was not, or did not seem like a real professional to us -- more like a college grad who was waiting tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FriendsPofDDined on 7/31/2014Attentive, friendly, homey feel. Owner always seems to be around checking on you. Food is good quality and they are helpful with Gluten Diners.Special Features:
- RkrkDined on 7/26/2014Our first time here. My wife, daughters and I loved it. Owner is very hands on and attentive to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soFoodiedDined on 7/25/2014Food decent, service slow, requested linguine carbonara specifically, received spaghetti carbonara. Osso buco was so-so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014How I love Carbonara's! Best restaurant in Dunwoody. Owner is wonderful, bartender, Rich, is fab!Special Features:
- Consistently ExellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food is always great. Service is good. A restaurant we can always count on. I would definitely recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time delightTuesdayLadiesDined on 7/22/2014Three of us tried this restaurant on a Tuesday night. We were surprised that it was full. But when we tasted our food, we knew why. Everything was absolutely scrumptious! The service was excellent and the owner even stopped by our table to chat. And spumoni ice cream on the menu for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva ItalianaRobertDined on 7/19/2014I am originally from the Boston area and am used to the superb Italian food served in the fine Italian restaurants of Boston's North End and also New York City. Since moving to the Atlanta area in 1979 I have been searching for a comparable Italian restaurant but have not found one until now - Carbonara Trattoria. The veal is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to rearrange the tablesBillKnitsDined on 7/19/2014The only issue with the place is the tables do not allow for an isle from the entrance. The first table in the door is where we were sat and I had to get up to let people into the rest of the room while I was eating. There were folks using walkers that could not make down the isles while people were at the tables. The calamari was a bit greasy but tasted great. The menu has a glaring error that they need to correct and that is duplicated on the web site menu (Zuppe De Mare’ | 29) They did not include the $10 upcharge when ordered with the Prix-Fixe Option but it is noted on the rest of the items. We had reservations for 6PM and were just able to get out in time to get to our show that started at 8.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014loved it - what a cute place with great food. It's a perfect neighborhood gem to go for dinner! I am so glad we went there this past weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRachelDined on 7/15/2014Truly upset that I didn't know this was less than a mile from our home. The best Italian food I've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced foodLouuDined on 7/15/2014Carbonara Trattoria is a pretty dining place in a strip mall in Dunwoody Village. The service was fine, nothing outstanding but adequate. The food is WAY overpriced. This was my second time there with friends selecting the restaurant. There should be more dishes with more moderate prices and more dishes should have half-order prices. For example, Osso Bucco is $24 with no half price or reduced price for a smaller order?? After all, it calls itself a "trattoria" but its prices are anything but trattoria prices.
- Great experienceTomCDined on 7/10/2014Saw the high reviews online. Tucked away a bit but a great find. Outstanding food and service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very Tasty!FoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great Last minute place for mid-upscale dining. My favorite is the salmon bernaise. Also the salads are great. Always consistent excellent quality and taste.Special Features:
- Always good....No surprisesyummyDined on 6/29/2014This is our local restaurant when we crave good italian. Upscale atmosphere but mid level pricing. Food always fresh. White tablecloth service always makes one feel like you are dining somewhere more special. Service good. Friday evenings can be a bit busy and noisier. We love to go on a Sunday evening when they have specials on wine and entress,.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantRobertDined on 6/27/2014I have been eating out in Dunwooody for 17 years and never heard of this restaurant until I searched in Urban Spoon. Tough to find, but worth the hunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemKevbobDined on 6/26/2014Love this Italian eatery. So glad to have a great nieghborhood cozy bar and restaurant with a friendly staff and owner who always seems to be present! Had a fun birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Carbonara Trattoria reviews archive.
- BobMDined on 6/25/2014The quality of food and service was superb. I would highly recommend it for all occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I went to dinner during Dunwoody Restaurant week and dined with a friend. The food was delicious and the wait staff very attentive. The owner came by to check on us and offered his suggestions for dessert. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- mcsmithDined on 6/22/2014We've been there many times. the food and service are always consistently very good. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of our favoritesMommaBDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Carbonara Trattoria since soon after it opened, and have always enjoyed it. The food is excellent and priced reasonably and the staff is attentive and friendly. The fact that the owner oversees the floor just adds to the quality of the experience. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- John H.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding!!The only problem we had was the service. It was not packed but they were busy. We were seated & nobody showed up to take any order at our table.The owner came over after 15 minutes He was extremely nice & took our drink order. The waiter came over soon after & took our food order. 30 minutes later,we had still not gotten our salad. When we asked the owner if he could check on it, he brought the salad out & apparently our order had never been put in. We finally got our food about 15 minutes later & it was delicious. It took a while to track down the waiter & get our bill & they forgot to bring our leftovers back out to us. Will definitely go back as the food is worth it & hope the service issues get fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentWallgaVIPDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant is a rare fine in Atlanta area for Italian dining. Pasta dishes are great. The owner works the restaurant well and actually waited on our table of six.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealDunwoodydinerVIPDined on 6/3/2014Four women went to celebrate a birthday. We were escorted to a quiet table along the wall. The owner greeted us. We ordered wine and cocktails. The best Chocolate Martini ever.. praised by the Birthday girl! It was hard to choose entrees from the vast menu. Two different salmon preparations were ordered. Both with rave reviews. Two different chicken didhes, too. Piccatta and Francese. Also, both with rave reviews. We enjoyed the warm bread, which was replenished during our meal. An Excellent piece of coconut cake was brought to our guest of honor with a candle lit, to help in our celebration. Quite a good meal and we were able to sit and talk forever!Special Features:
- Good experiencegeorgiamooVIPDined on 5/31/2014The place is rather dark and cozy inside. The food was very good but we would change the antipasto. It had goat cheese and pickled stuff on the plate. It could of had more meat and some lettuce or tomatoes, anchovies on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.