Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
22878 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.malibubeachinn.com/
- Phone: (310) 456-6444
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Lunch menu: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Brunch menu: Saturday & Sunday from 11am - 3:30pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Bar & Lounge menu: daily fro 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Victor Morales
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more details and we will be happy to assist you further.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 60 people in our private event suite and interior dining room as well as parties of up to 60 people on our oceanfront terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Jennings/Scully Cloete 3104566444x
- Entertainment: None, but can be arranged.
- Special Events: Malibu Beach Inn offers small, intimate Events. Inquire within.
A word from Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
Enjoy a beachside, refined dining experience overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean and famous Malibu Pier. Located on exclusive Billionaires' Carbon Beach in Malibu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (59)great for outdoor dining (58)romantic (42)special occasion (39)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (31)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- day trip to paradisedave46Dined on 12/25/2013We were running late with a guest list changing from two to four which became three at the last moment. On Christmas Day yet. No one at the restaurant batted an eye, they even seemed surprised I called a second time to tell them we were running even later than I'd said on my first call. When we got there the showed us right to a seat on the deck at the rail overlooking Malibu Lagoon. One guest was reminded of a restaurant on the coast of Peru. An excellent and extensive wine list, reasonable portions of artfully presented gourmet food . . . "best Christmas ever," our guests volunteered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view.JudyDined on 12/24/2013We spent a lovely Xmas Eve sipping champagne and enjoying spectacular view from patio beach side dining room. Dinner was a set prix fixe menu ... My guests would have liked more options . . . But my venison was outstanding. Made for a unique and memorable holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best scenic view in MalibuMarionDined on 12/24/2013This is the ideal place for lunch to enjoy one of the most beautiful scenic view in Malibu. The food is a great combination of Californian and European. I could eat there everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at Malibu Beach InnlovinthebuDined on 12/9/2013I stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn for 6 days, and one would never have to leave the premises to eat. The breakfast menu is quite substantial and tasty, with plenty of healthy choices available. Lunch and dinner choices are scrumptious. The service was great, as was the ambience. Basically the kitchen provides food from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. A very small bar/lounge area. The hotel service overall is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotwandsVIPDined on 12/2/2013Located at the Malibu Beach Inn, this is a beautiful spot for sunset cocktails and a snack. The dinner menu is nothing original and smacks of being a hotel restaurant. The spinach salad was fresh and crisp but the blue cheese dressing was a snooze. The duck was way overcooked, again, figuring we were tourists the waiter never bothered to ask whether I'd prefer it rare or medium vs the very well done. Cream of chicken soup was fine, as was the NY steak, nothing outstanding. Food prices are fairly average, high for some things, cocktails are way overpriced. Still an enjoyable evening on the water with a view that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningKatieDined on 11/24/2013Very personal service and excellent food. I chose this restaurant for my birthday and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfect for a romantic dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2013Food was pretty good but the view and the atmosphere was just to die for!! Would def recommend this place for a romantic date or a special celebration. Best time to go is when the sunsets! Just beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the beachfrontMarathonerDined on 11/10/2013Literally perched above the beach, listening to waves breaking on the rocks below, and with the famed Malibu Pier a stones throw away, it doesn't get any better than this setting. And the food and service matched the elegance of the location. We were exceptionally pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Malibu!LondonNickDined on 11/1/2013The CBC (The Dining Room) has a very nice Terrace above the Carbon Beach, especially for dinner the ambience is breath-taking! The service is professional and consults the guests by their choice of their meal. A signature dish of the restaurants chef are the Asian inspired short ribs. Finally I can recommend another signature dish, the CBC deep dish chocolate cookie topped with fresh vanilla ice, that melts on the fresh baked cookie! We went to the CBC for a birthday dinner and the birthday girl was totally stoked from the view and the awesome food. If I'm sooner or later again in this area, I will definitely visit the CBC again. It was a great pleasure to dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulPickyVIPDined on 11/1/2013There is no nicer spot to eat in L.A than this. It's right on the water. The food is just o.k. Doesn't have much flavor, but the view is worth it. I might suggest coming for drinks and appetizers, onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY SETTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2013YOU CAN'T BEAT THE VIEW! LOVELY PLACE TO HAVE BRUNCH AND JUST RELAX AND ENJOY THE GREAT FOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!acftbldrDined on 10/23/2013We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary here and it e as the perfect spot. My wife said she truly felt special because we made ut all the way to malibu from Diamond bar on a wednesday and it was well worth it. We'll definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceChanelDined on 10/12/2013Very nice to sit by the fireplace have dinner and a glass of wine and see the oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and fabulous ambiance.JafidaDined on 9/30/2013great food and fabulous ambiance. Cant believe they charge for bread. otherwise great.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDVIPDined on 9/26/2013Beautiful location. Sitting outside is a joy, however, the food does live up to the view. It is only o.k. Frankly, would not recommend other than having a drink and watching the birds. Had to return to lunch meals as not up to par. Better place to go Malibu Pier Restaurant, the food is far superior and the view is just the same.Special Features:
- My take!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2013I went three times this past week to this beautiful place....it has become my favorite restaurant...and I will go again mainly for the location... The food is just OK.. Could be a bit more gourmet.... The waiters are sullen and do not look happy..the only happy person was the lovely Mexican person cleaning the tables...he is great!!!! The valet charge should be separated from the total bill since no one should pay gratuities on valet parking! $7 for ice tea is quite high for a couple of glasses!!!!!..must be the presentation though the pitchers are inexpensive at only $39!!!!!! In spite of it all...you have the best location and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Malibu BrunchtimberVIPDined on 9/8/2013We're regulars, I guess! Four for brunch--crab eggs benedict was amazing, great crab cakes and just the right amount of hollandaise--not drowning in it like most places offer up. Lobster club was wonderful and bloody marys as good or better than any other--and when you ask for "spicy" you'll get "spicy", really good. A sunny day under umbrellas overlooking the beach, great food, terrific service, and good friends, the perfect Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28th Anniversary dinnerBURdinerDined on 9/7/2013The location is very good, right on the beach and the views are spectacular, thou, not a sunset view. The arrival was friendly and easy to use valet parking. Buyer be ware: it states in the website that it validates parking, but was surprised by a $7.00 charge added to our bill for parking. The view from the table was good considering that it overlooked the outside dining patio. The silver ware is cheap and it looks its age. The appetizer was eatable but not exceptional. I ordered the seafood pasta dish and asked the waiter to hold the mussels and clams in exchange for some white fish. My request was not granted, I just received less food. Not worth the cost of the food, would not recommend it.Special Features:
- KISS THIS RATING 1 out 5TinaDined on 9/5/2013Officially rated 4 Kisses out of 5 Friends or family this place is tops in ocean view restaurants with a lobby thats right out of your imagination when you think charming. The Malibu Beach in is outstanding in service and food. Fresh fruits o salt water taffy is gifted when arriving or departing. Good looking & knowledgeable staff. ANything on the menu is good but the fresh smoothies are a must. Great place to get away for the weekend tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A day at the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2013This place is a charming on the water location. You can't get any closer to the ocean than this. The food is excellent and the service as well. This is a great getaway restaurant for lunch, brunch or a late night dinner. The hotel is very small but cozy. Good celebrity sightings as well. Definitely a repeat. its Malibu afterall!Special Features:
- Keep the main dish loose the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2013The restaurant is in a great location, right on the Malibu beach, near the pier. The main dishes we had were OK (although pricey). The desert (creme caramel and ice cream with chocolate sauce) took for ever to come and did not taste good. The creme caramel was small and had a funky taste and the ice cream had no chocolate sauce. I was not happy paying $12 for the caramel thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful site but little elseil1mdVIPDined on 9/2/2013This restaurant sits overlooking the Pacific in Malibu. The setting and the decor are beautiful. We ate inside because it was a little chilly but we were at the window so the view wasn't diminished. Most of the restaurant is on a beautiful patio overlooking the ocean. Unfortunately, the food and service did not match the view. The dishes were fairly standard California fare with a vaguely latin twist (a little Peruvian and Mexican influences). Unfortunately many of the dishes were exceedingly bland. The service was poorly informed (didn't know the cheeses on the cheese plate, etc) and a little slow. Add to that pretty high prices and I am not sure the view makes up for the shortcomings.Special Features:
- Location, Location, Location!VeggiegrrrlDined on 9/1/2013Come here for the perfect setting, not for the food. On a beautiful day there is no better spot than the Inn's small outdoor terrace. The setting and friendly service trump the average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dreamyjanieb1123VIPDined on 8/31/2013perfect for a warm summer nite. dine on a deck hanging 8 feet above the ocean. food is good not great but it doesn't matter because the site is spectacular. had a great time with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2013One can immediately relax after seated with the relaxing view and sound of the waves complemented by the fine service and food.Special Features:
- Dine with the Pacific Ocean.mrphil805Dined on 8/31/2013Sit back with the waves of the Pacific Ocean as you relax with great service & food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not good for kidsDalaynaDined on 8/31/2013I went to the reviews on Yelp and it stated it was Kid Friendly; however, I disagree. There was not a changing table and the menu was not for coloring (a must for kids). They have a limited beer selection, so my husband was not pleased. It is more meant for adults only who drink cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceMike900Dined on 8/25/2013Poor service from the beginning up until the end. The view was ok as how can they screw up the ocean and weather. But that wasn't enough to overcome their being pretentious and full of themselves. They act like they're doing you a favor instead of appreciating the customer
- Great DateWagyuDined on 8/24/2013Boyfriend was in town, and my boss suggested Malibu Beach Inn for brunch. We came half an hour early and were promptly accommodated at a lovely table on their deck. The sky was grey, but the ocean was still beautiful. The ambiance was peaceful, everyone just enjoying their Saturday with friends and family. Although there were plenty of people around, it felt like a very private dining experience. My Bloody Mary and Tuna Tartar was excellent, and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA's best, intimate, ocean-frontyoungatheartvalleyguyDined on 8/3/2013LA's best, intimate, ocean-front dining experience. Literally over the sand.Special Features:
- Great view. Not so great foodcawineguyVIPDined on 7/28/2013Sitting on the outside deck is one of the best views you will ever encounter. It is unfortunate the food does not match the view. The seafood is particularly weak; stick with the land-based options. Pasta good, roasted corn side dish is very good as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful way to enjoy the coastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2013We had a wonderful Sunday brunch here overlooking the ocean & watching the people enjoying themselves in & out of the water. Our server was very nice & helpful, while the food was great. Each of us enjoyed different dishes & each said ours was among the best we'd had of that entree. We recommend this as a great way to do brunch in a very relaxing & picturesque setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experiencebobe0212Dined on 7/27/2013My wife and I were looking for a "local escape" for the evening, and we found it at the Carbon Beach Club. The setting was spectacular. We sat outside at a table perched right over the beach, with the sound of the waves providing the background music for the evening. The food was delicious - hummus appetizer, fruit heirloom tomato salad, lamb loin, chicken, etc. were all very flavorful and cooked to perfection. The food was accompanied by an excellent Cabernet that was very reasonably priced. Everything is a la carte and nothing is inexpensive, so you will easily drop $150 per person. But, it was so worth it. Beautiful view, romantic setting, great service, and delicious food. What else could you ask for? We'l be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ocean ViewChreeDined on 7/25/2013Carbon Beach Club Restaurant is a good choice for lunch (I've eaten lunch there twice) if you want to be on the ocean in Malibu. The ambiance is very nice with clean lines. The fish and chips with smashed peas were quite good, as was the stone fruit kale salad. I would recommend sitting on the glassed in deck as the inside eating area is small, and not as spectacular as outside. The valet parking for two cars was included on our lunch bill - ($14 for two cars). So, if you tip on the total lunch bill, and then tip the valet, you're tipping twice on the same service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/23/2013Fast becoming one of our favorite dining spots in LA! We are locals yet feel like we're on vacation every time we eat here. Try to sit on the deck if you can. Just wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Views in Malibu!timberVIPDined on 7/20/2013But that's not the reason to eat here---the great food is! We had a simple brunch--an amazing omelette and the always-just right lobster club. Service was spot on, as it always is. A relaxing lunch, with a great view, and truly special food. Carbon Beach Club Restaurant is our favorite in Malibu (sorry, Geoffrey's, you're our second favorite now!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KAZZDined on 7/17/2013This is the perfect place to go on a romantic, dinner-date. The waiters were very nice and the food was delicious! I loved the view of the ocean and I just love everything about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Ocean View Middling FoodoffthewallopinionsDined on 7/13/2013The dining room is spectacular, but the food has slipped below par. Caesar salad tasted as if it was sprayed with liquid garlic, scampi with the lobster ravioli were chewy as tire treads, though real lobster was evident in the ravioli. Stone fruit salad with kale was mystery bits of fruit mixed in a bucket of kale--this in the height of summer stone fruit season when what you expect in such a salad at a fine California restaurant is an elegant presentation of perfectly ripe, carefully chosen, readily identifiable slices of stone fruit. Quinoa with kale entree was more kale (are they growing it on the roof?) than quinoa, more salad than entree. Food has been far better in the past. Chef on vacation? Order carefully and enjoy the surf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malibu gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013My friend and I saw this place from the beach once, and ever since enjoy lunch here when we're in Malibu. The outdoor seating for the restaurant is on a small patio extending over the sand, with the ocean below. Service was wonderful - we mainly just wanted to talk and visit and we were never rushed. Were able to just enjoy the setting and each other. Very diverse menu and some excellent options, from simple soup to pricey (for lunch) fish. Everything we've had here has been very good or exceptional. Upscale atmosphere so appropriate to dress nicely, but casual. Valet parking, if you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regal devant le PacifiquedorotheeDined on 7/6/2013Nous avons fait notre brunch du samedi au Carbon Beach Club. Ambiance chic et classe, et vue formidable sur le Pacifique. Très bon plats, à des tarifs relativement légers. Très bonne adresseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.