Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
22878 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.malibubeachinn.com/
- Phone: (310) 456-6444
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Lunch menu: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Brunch menu: Saturday & Sunday from 11am - 3:30pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
Bar & Lounge menu: daily fro 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (for menu detail go to www.malibubeachinn.com)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Victor Morales
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more details and we will be happy to assist you further.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 60 people in our private event suite and interior dining room as well as parties of up to 60 people on our oceanfront terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Jennings/Scully Cloete 3104566444x
- Entertainment: None, but can be arranged.
- Special Events: Malibu Beach Inn offers small, intimate Events. Inquire within.
A word from Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn
Enjoy a beachside, refined dining experience overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean and famous Malibu Pier. Located on exclusive Billionaires' Carbon Beach in Malibu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (60)great for outdoor dining (59)romantic (42)special occasion (39)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (31)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great find at the beach!SantaMonicaBeerGuyVIPDined on 11/22/2014Terrific dining opportunity - 3 meals per day. Attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaliVIEWModernManVIPDined on 11/18/2014Can't wait to come back! Great view, intimate, romantic, great menu, Malibu - what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in the 'buFoodiebuVIPDined on 11/14/2014So nice to have a restaurant if this caliber in our own back yard. Ambience can't be beat. Exquisite natural beauty; good place to be able to hear each other talk; great menu choices; fabulous food and; excellent service. Very personal and intimate scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal setting, fabulous food, fantastic staffJojoVIPDined on 11/13/2014There's never not a good time to choose this restaurant. The food is consistently good, and with its a great view of the Malibu Pier, this restaurant one of the best places to experience the setting sun in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!!KiwiWanderersDined on 10/27/2014The best restaurant on our 3 week vacation. Each course got better and better so imagine dessert... wowa! Service excellent. We dined on the balcony with waves gently crashing. As the evening cools they have logo blankets which you can purchase as a momento. Perfect in every way. A little more expensive but forget that. It is so worth it. You must try this place. We went back for Huevos Rancheros breakfast. Awesome again. Would stay there next time in Malibu Beach Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanfront Restaurant!VetyExyVIPDined on 10/27/2014Carbon Beach Club at the Malibu Beach Inn is good food with a fantastic view of the Pacific Ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what was up with service?WavesDined on 10/27/2014Dining at Carbon Beach Club Restaurant was supposed to be one of the highlights of my trip to Malibu. I must say it would have been perfect if the dining staff would have touched basis with us for water, drinks, food etc.., but it had been over 20 minutes without anyone acknowledging us and it wasn't even busy! I had to get up and ask for someone to bring us water as our glasses just sat there empty. We also asked for the umbrellas to be adjusted so the sun wasn't beaming on us. That happened about 30 minutes later and I must say they did try to move them around, but it didn't do much. I do plan to go there again and enjoy the beautiful setting on the deck overlooking the ocean. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean front beautyNinaDined on 10/25/2014What better way to spend a special evening than right on beautiful Carbon Beach in Malibu. With waves gently crashing and the coziness of firepits and heaters, even a chilly evening is perfect for dinner outside. The oysters were fresh and tasty as a start to our dinner. Fish of the day was so tempting, that our entire table ordered the same dish and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Salads and grilled vegetable sides were out of the ordinary and done tastefully. Good coffee and a dessert that was the bomb. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewNateDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant has an unbeatable location and view. The outdoor dining deck is quite literally on the sand, at the water's edge. There's no doubt about a world-class view---but most everything else is just so-so. The food and service are fine but not great; this is a wonderful place to eat and enjoy the scenery so long as your expectations about the cuisine are kept in line.Special Features:
- Classy diningfoodie4lifeDined on 10/18/2014Our reason for visiting was simple, we're celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary! This place is the PERFECT spot for a special occasion celebration. There was a fire pit next to our table that kept us warm while the cool ocean breeze blew in. The wine was wonderful and the filet mignon was even better! If I lived in LA, this place would be where I would celebrate ANY and EVERY special occasion...for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Local90265VIPDined on 10/17/2014Just keeps getting better and better! The menu is superb. Ambience great. Hooray. Keep up the good work bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialLocalDined on 10/15/2014The location, directly on the water, is outstanding. The patio is small, so make a reservation or go during an "off" time. Everything about the restaurant is wonderful - good food, excellent service, nice atmosphere. The only drawback is the prices. We spent over $500 on dinner for 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good…as always.Glenn77Dined on 10/15/2014I took my wife and friends to the restaurant following a tour of the Adamson House, just up PCH at Surf Rider Beach (a great combination. BTW). No one in our party ordered anything that would showcase a great chef, (the burger, fish tacos and eggs Benedict w/ salmon) but all were happy with their choices. All enjoyed the view and the wait staff was excellent. Well be back.Special Features:
- RobinVIPDined on 9/29/2014Amazing sitting by the Pacific and hearing the water lapping --Fabulous!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/29/2014This was my first time here but definitely not my last. We enjoyed a delicious lunch while listening to the waves crash below our feet. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining experienceElisabethpecan1Dined on 9/27/2014Amazing sunset, excellent dining experience . Service was impeccable. Truly the place to go for a special occasion. Had the crab cakes and Halibut which were both outstanding. Planning on going back for sure.Special Features:
- A small gemDinesOutDined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a nice place to celebrate my sister's and brother-in-law's anniversary and Malibu is about half-way from where we both live, but we were tired of all the usual choices and then we found this restaurant at the Malibu Beach Inn. The food was excellent! Ben, our server, was so personable and helpful, particularly because the kitchen was out of about three dishes we ordered (only failure). The terrace looks out over a shallow beach to the ocean and there are plenty of umbrellas to keep diners comfortable. It was so relaxing and a great success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewCAM5VIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was very good and the view is unbeatable. It was a bit windy so no umbrellas and it can get warm but if was a perfect day the food, the service, the view and the company.Special Features:
- Another great experienceLocaldinerDined on 9/8/2014I have visited several times, for lunch and dinner, during the week. Service has always been perfect. Greeted by name based on reservation. Seated while waiting for balance of party to arrive. Not rushed at all. Food tasty (chicken club sand, short rib tacos, peach salad). Totally satisfied. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Fabulous! My new favorite place for brunch at the beach! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st rate oceanside dining alfrescoGlenn77Dined on 9/3/2014A friend introduced me to this terrific restaurant. I'm very glad he did. I, in turn, have taken several friends there for lunch and am looking forward to having dinner there with my wife. In keeping with current SoCal fashion, the menu is focused and farm market fresh. Yet there is plenty of variety. Space does not allow me to list all the outstanding dishes. Service is vey professional and cordial. The setting is spectacular from a deck hanging over the surf. The view is of the Malibu Pier and Surfrider beach beyond. A great place to take out of town guests for a true Malibu experience. The hotel and the restaurant are Larry Ellison. In my opinion, Ellison is the best thing to happen in Malibu since the invention of the surfboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!MariDined on 8/31/2014Welcoming, excellent service from the moment you pull up to the valet parking. I would highly recommend a reservation if you want to sit outside as the outdoor area is intimate. 4 different dishes and all were very good! The space is beautiful, the service from greeting to goodbye, was outstanding and the food was lovely. Restaurants on the water tend to focus on the location and forget about the food or service. The Malibu Inn transports you to a 5-star resort, not the boardwalk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spectacular settingfogiesnightoutDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ate here early on a Friday night. Once we got through the traffic (we were 20 minutes late) we were seated in the outdoor patio, which I had requested. For the rest of the meal we could hardly take our eyes off the scenery as we watched the sun set. The service was excellent and the food quite acceptable. We stuck to sea food but had trouble finding a white wine dry enough for our tastes. To their credit we were asked if we wanted to taste wines before ordering them and finally settled for a full body Pinot. There was a nice choice of desserts and the coffee was quite good. Overall the view made the dinner a bit less important and we certainly plan to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Love2eatVIPDined on 8/22/2014CBC has it all: good food, cozy atmosphere, breathtaking beach view and excellent service. I had been a number of times with friends for lunch, but had yet to try the dinner scene. My husband and I went most recently for our wedding anniversary. It was great: just what we wanted for a nice, romantic low-key celebration. The staff was very accommodating and attentive and our waitress, Grace, was excellent. We will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Great location, with a wonderful terrace overlooking the Pacific. Food was just okay, you pay for the view.Special Features:
- Nice ocean view!VetyExyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Beautiful location to be so close to the Waves! Good pasta and gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view, horrible service!KFERDined on 8/7/2014The views are breath taking, the food is yummy, but our service was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wheatsDined on 8/6/2014We had the fish tacos and the short rib tacos. They were deeeeelicious!!! We loved the beautiful setting with a table outside! Our service was excellent!Special Features:
- Delicious place!Earsrr06Dined on 8/6/2014Went to celebrate my boyfriends birthday! Everything was so good, and the view was just amazing. Our waiter was very friendly as well, also there was another man helping out, giving us refils. Awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Oceanfront DiningJMWSDined on 8/5/2014We dined here twice during a Malibu stay. During both dining experiences, we were seated on the outdoor patio, which provides the most amazing view of Millionaire's Beach. Waves are crashing right below the patio and if you're as lucky as we were, you might even see some marine life. The owners have considered every aspect of the restaurant - oversized umbrellas for shade, heat lamps for warmth and they even provide embroidered blankets for chilly ocean breezes. The food was spectacular and wonderfully presented. We very much enjoyed the Flatbread and Brew promotion that was offered during our visit. They have a lounge menu in the afternoon and the fried calamari was the best I have ever eaten. The staff was friendly and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I tried this restaurant for her birthday on Thursday night. Up one arriving, we were excited because of the location and layout. We had a table on the patio overlooking the beach. The menu was nice, good variety. I ordered water with lemon wedges for my drink. The lemons didn't come until the third reminder. They messed up the order three times, brought an extra appetizer, forgot my wife's side for her entree and didn't do the birthday candle in the dessert after I had specified in the reservation and they greeted us with happy birthday wishes at the desk. Not what I would expect for a 180.00 dinner. Food was great.Special Features:
- plsbDined on 7/31/2014We had the most pleasant experience at the Carbon Beach Club Restaurant. Our server was friendly and never made us feel rushed, always came to the table with a smile and friendly words, He made our experience to enjoyable. I was there with my 85 and 86 years young parents and they loved the whole day. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the Carbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach Inn reviews archive.
- riomVIPDined on 7/25/2014Good food and excellent service in a beautiful setting on the waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in LAWexlerDined on 7/23/2014I love coming here. The view on the deck is amazing and the food is consistently excellent. In the evenings they provide blankets for those who are cold. - Make sure you ask for the deck. It is a unforgettable view. I have not been unimpressed with any meal they have brought out. I usually do their special for the day.
- Always a pleasureKiso20VIPDined on 7/18/2014Come here almost twice a week and have never been disappointed. The food is good, not the best but the outdoor scenery makes everything perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLocaldinerDined on 7/17/2014One of our party had scallops with heritage tomatoes, two of us had crab cakes. We also had roasted corn and sweet potato fries sides. Dessert was Tres Leche cake. All the food was excellent. Service was great. On a patio right above the breakers. Great view of the pier. Kind of pricey, but everything done so nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SesherDined on 7/14/2014The food was delicious. Served hot and the portions were very generous. I've eaten dinner here a few years ago and was truly impressed with the menu, choices and presentation. Such a beautiful setting especially in summer. Prices are similar to other high end restaurants.Special Features:
- Malibu PerfectionEat4funVIPDined on 7/9/2014I'm a local and hate giving such a great review because it may make it tougher to get a table, but this is the perfect adult eating and drinking experience in Malibu. Great views, great food, and great service and intimate and romantic yet fun with friends.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and decent foodArnie422Dined on 7/3/2014I have been going to this restaurant for a few years and it's one of my favorites. Great service and can't beat the view. I do have to say that they changed the menu since last time I was there and the food isn't as good. They have similar menu items as before but seems like they tweaked them a bit and not for the better. The other people I was with felt the same way...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewWexlerDined on 7/1/2014Not only is the view one of the best in Los Angeles, the food is to die for. My clam chowder was top notch. It was served in a fresh and tasty bread bowl with clams still in their shells. Our main course was pasta with ribs. A+ as well.Special Features: