9711 Firdale Ave
Edmonds, WA 98020Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caravankebab.com/
- Phone: 2065467999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Shahzad
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Caravan Kebab
Originally from Pakistan, Chef Shahzad has traveled across Asia, Europe and the Mediterranean where he perfected his craft of preparing the freshest and tastiest cuisine from around the world. Tutored by Greek "Yia Yias", his menu is a collection memories, experience, and flavor. Shahzad's goal is to provide customers with healthy, delicious, and affordable worldwide cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caravan Kebab reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2014Have been for lunch 3 times and find the food to be amazing; well prepared and presented. The middle eastern dips are especially tasty and the house flat bread served with them is so delicious! I wonder why there never seems to be many customers? In any case I will be returning as often as I can given I live on other side of the Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant GemFansDined on 4/24/2014We are regular, as is the food and service: regularly outstanding!Special Features:
- Sweet owners. Linen tablecloths,RanniDined on 4/11/2014Sweet owners. Linen tablecloths, napkins, nice house wine fantastic flavors! Herbed olives Persian salad, Kafte all remarkableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming personal service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Charming personal service. Bridges the gap between many different types of eastern Mediterranean and Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining OasissufisDined on 3/8/2014Chef Shahzad has traveled the world collecting the finest in Middle Eastern, Indian, and European cuisine. Like Aladdin's Djinn (Genie), he sets these down in a small, elegant restaurant in Edmonds, where we are transported by the elan: wonderful Eastern music of the iconic cimbalum (santoor), crisp white linen, beautiful glassware, tastefully eclectic decor, and then, the delectable food, brought by gracious and friendly servers. The staff is responsive to special dietary needs and substitutions, the atmosphere is leisurely and intimate, and the portions and prices reasonable. One leaves satisfied on all levels of the dining experience. It is no surprise that Chef Shahzad has received the WPI Best Cuisine award for 2014.Special Features:
- a wonderful eveningCharleyBDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time dining at Caravan Kebab - we were intrigued by the menu and by reviews we read. The experience exceeded our expectations - The food was delicious; the service was outstanding; and the ambiance was wonderful. We plan to return as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad foodstubiwanDined on 2/14/2014I had the lamb shank and it was so fatty I could hardly eat any of it. The sauce was good
- spectacular dining in South EdmondsNorthendfoodieDined on 2/8/2014Found this gem of a restaurant on yelp and was absolutely born away by what a diamond in the rough this is! It's a small, but quaint restaurant vibe. The menu is varied and focuses more on Eastern European fair, mixed in with Middle Eastern rumblings. I had the Turkish kabobs and they were awesome. Lots of meat, generous portion of grilled vegetables and jasmine rice. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals, that ranged from chicken kabobs to beef goulash and it was all amazingly delicious! Home made Naan bread was the most flavorful I've had anywhere..... If you go..... trust me, you won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Food Find in EdmondsBansiDined on 2/1/2014Four of us went there for dinner. The food was great. That particular night the restaurant was full to capacity. May be that's the reason it took 40+ minutes to get our food. Other than the wait for the food to arrive, we enjoyed the visit. The chef came to our table personally to say hello. The food when came to our table was authentic and great tasting. I would recommend the place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We've been to the Caravan Kebab several times and it's one of our favorite spots. The food is always amazing, perfectly spiced and piping hot when it arrives to our table. Shahzad, the owner, works very hard to make sure every diner enjoys their meal and leaves the restaurant full and happy. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, as always!KimberlyDined on 1/12/2014A favorite when we're in the Shoreline area. Fantastic chai, mango lassi, pita and tzatziki. Love ordering the Haandi Curry extra hot - perfect every time. Add in some Ras Malai for dessert and you'll leave happy and stuffed.Special Features:
- Didn't have our reservationSweetLou28Dined on 12/31/2013We came in a bit before our reserved time only to find that they had booked someone over our slot because they do not use Open Table on holidays. News to me. Still, they found us a seat and were very kind. The menu has a very interesting mix and everything we ordered was very tasty.Special Features:
- Perfect before theaterCorrineDined on 12/20/2013We have series tickets to the Phoenix theater and will definitely be back to this restaurant. The food was GREAT!! Service could have been a little faster and more attentive.Special Features:
- Two thumbs upBX442Dined on 12/9/2013Very friendly and attentive wait staff. We were promptly seated and provided menus. At one point during our dinning experience the host and hostess determined that the music was a bit too loud to carry on a conversation and turned it down without anyone asking. In addition, the host and hostess determined it was just couples dinning at that time and dimmed the lights a bit to provide a bit more romantic atmosphere. The menu selection was very nice, they had a number of "safe" dishes, like Butter Chicken or Tikka Masala. In addition to the normal dishes you'd find at Indian restaurants they also had a selection dishes from the Europe and the Mediterranean that I've never heard of before. I had a great experience and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Slow ServiceBrookeDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed a delicious evening at Caravan Kebob. The hospitality was gracious, and the ambiance was so pleasant. The herbs and spices in the food were flavorful and delicious, we all agreed it was an amazing meal! We waited 45 minutes for dinner to arrive, and while the food was definitely cooked to order, the wait was exorbitant. The pale was packed and to-go orders were heading out the door too, so it was a busy night. Go...enjoy the exquisite cuisine of this jewel in Edmonds. Just be prepared to wait for your entree! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blown awayluvwhatsgoodDined on 12/6/2013I can't anything bad...not even remotely, about this place! The food was better than authentic, and tasted incredible! Everything we ordered was another pleasant surprise. and on top of excellent food, the service was also out of this world. We will be back as often as we possibly can. :) Go, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Culinary AdventureBansiDined on 11/23/2013This is a cozy place to enjoy variety of dishes from more than 5 cultures - Persian, Turkish, Greek, Indian, Pakistani, Lebanese and more. If you want to try foods from Eastern hemisphere or if you are a veteran at different cuisines, this place would fit the bill. I went here with my friend who wants to visit Turkey. According to her the menu was very accommodating to different dietary needs and the food was great. I plan on visiting this place often. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ballet aftermathOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013the food is excellent and I appreciate being able to order a variety of appetizers to make a satisfactory meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery!LionessRNDined on 10/4/2013I had seen this place many times but never been there, and a friend chose it for lunch. The food was delicious, wait staff very friendly, and it was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surpriseRANDWVIPDined on 9/21/2013we found this restaurant via an opentable.com search and we're really glad we did. we doubt we ever would have found this spot on our own. it's a small, intimate restaurant. the owner/manager/staff were very friendly and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of MediterraneannwdinerDined on 9/21/2013Great variety of Mediterranean dishes almost like traveling between India, Greece, Turkey, Afghanistan, and European cities like Prague and Munich. I just wish that I got my double points that Open table promised for reservations made for the weekend of Sept 21 - 22nd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Place in Edmonds!jesssseeeeDined on 9/14/2013I have lived in the Edmonds are most of my life and I cannot believe I did not find this place sooner. There is a great selection of Mediterranean and Indian food. I have found my new favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- Exotic and eccletic cuisineAileenDined on 9/8/2013We enjoy Caravan Kebob because the cuisine is an exotic array of Mediterranean, Indian and European fare that has something tasty and exotic for every palate, including vegetarians. The ambience is Middle Eastern/Mediterranean and everyone is friendly. It is a small place which keeps the noise down and the service prompt. It's affordable and definitely worth exploring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and friendly faceLuvgreatfoodDined on 8/4/2013We love this restaurant. Though a bit off the beaten track it is well worth any extra time to get there. Food is consistently excellent and the menu offers tastes and choices not available at other places. The owner is friendly and makes an extra effort to assure everyone is happy and satisfied. It is the kind of place worthy of ongoing visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.