102 Jericho Tpke.
Syosset, NY 11791Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caracallaristorante.com/
- Phone: 5164963838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Della Torre
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Caracalla Restaurant
Caracalla Ristorante, named after the great Dictator of Rome, owned by chef Vincenzo Della Torre. Vincenzo has been extensively trained in Italian Culinary Art and has been world renowed having worked in the Hilton hotel and in other famous locations in countries such as Italy, Germany and Canada.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caracalla Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful dining experience.MarcoVIPDined on 6/23/2012Wonderful dining experience. Well prepared flavorful food. Generous portions. Fair prices. Professional service. Beautiful place. Great host. Will be back.Special Features:
- On this night they seemedAcudoctor1Dined on 6/16/2012On this night they seemed to be short staffed. The noise level was very high. There were several large groups. Waiters seemed to be overwhelmed. Food as always was delicious. The lights should have been much dimmer. It felt like a cafeteria atmosphere, which is why the large groups felt comfortable being so loud. Not the romantic dinner I had hoped for.Special Features:
- We had a reservation but stillloverestaurantsVIPDined on 6/16/2012We had a reservation but still had to wait at the bar for over 40 minutes. Even while we were waiting at the bar, we waited about 15 minutes for a drink! Then at the table we waited about 45 between the appetizer and main course. It was so aggravating that I hardly even remember what we ate, but I do remember it was good. Not worth it to go back though.Special Features:
- Fine dining on Long IslandMarcoVIPDined on 6/9/2012Caracalla is the definition of fine dining. The warm atmosphere is a prelude to a wonderful dining experience. The menu is extensive and starts the flow of salivation in anticipation of what’s to follow. The specials, and they are special, are recited and described by a very knowledgeable captain. The food is beautifully presented, hot, generous portions of well seasoned properly prepared food. Any special requests were honored. The hospitality of Caracalla was reinforced by the tableside visit of the chef-owner, Vincenzo. He is a charming old-world gentleman that understands food and wine. The dining experience at Caracalla rivals the best in Manhattan.Special Features:
- I went on a Wednesday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/11/2012I went on a Wednesday night, and most of the tables were taken. Service was good, as there was always a waiter checking to see if everything was ok. The food was excellent, especially the homemade pasta and the whole bronzino. The owner/chef walked around at one point, stopping at tables to make sure everybody was happy. I look forward to my next dinner there.
- the wait staff was obvioslyNancyDined on 12/31/2011the wait staff was obviosly in a hurry to get us out. We asked for more bread and they said no. We left!! Very expensive, poor service!
- New Year's Eve SNAFUluvnewplacesDined on 12/31/2011When we arrived we were told that they had not received our reservation. They had computer trouble or did not check for it. They didi seat us at t table for six (we were a party of four). We sat there for over 3/4 hour. They brought us drinks that were not prepared as ordered. We returned them to the manager who told us he would have them replced. I had to go to the bar to order and get them myself. We had to tell the manager that we had not gotten menus. He brought four to the table but left only three because I was not there when he brought them. We got up to leave and were finally approached by a waiter who aologized. He saw the two empty seats and assumed we were waiting for two others. We left anyway. No charge for drinks.