654 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caramiany.com/
- Phone: 2122626767x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 4pm - 11pm
Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Adrian Lazo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire dining room is available for rental
- Private Party Contact: Jona or Besim 2122626767x
A word from Cara Mia
Cara Mia restaurant is a neighborhood treasure in the Hell's Kitchen area of Manhattan. Minutes from Times Square, locals and tourists alike flock to this Italian trattoria which features delicious homemade pastas, fresh meats and seafood, as well as an extensive wine list. Cara Mia's cozy and intimate atmosphere are the perfect location for a romantic dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cara Mia reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (16)good for groups (12)romantic (10)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 10/27/2014Cara Mia is a favorite restaurant in the theater district. The staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. The food is consistently good and the wine, too.Special Features:
- great mealJackDined on 10/25/2014We came back after we ate there 2 weeks before for my wife's birthday and everything was delightful . She had a shrimp dish and she said it was the best shrimp she ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely DoneMarkRDined on 10/24/2014We ate here before going to a play. The food and service were great! We told them upfront we had a play and they were very accommodating to make sure everything came out on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madsopDined on 10/24/2014Lovely arugula salad with pear and gorgonzola! The bread basket included a delicious focaccia, as well with fresh tomatoes. Yum!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!PaddyDined on 10/23/2014Cara Mia offers a wonderful dinning experience. The food was hot and delicious served by a friendly staff.Special Features:
- After the ShowDinerShoreDined on 10/19/2014Went to Cara Mia after seeing Kinky Boots around the corner! Good food, nice menu, wonderful service and convenient to the theatre district. Would come again if in the area!!Special Features:
- Good value for the moneyJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 10/16/2014The best eggplant parm in NYC. All four diners had a good meal. Space is tight but not inhibiting private conversation. Stick to pasta and red sauce dishes. Very accomodating when part of a dinner group is late, even on Weekend nights. Reservation recommended for dinner before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON THE TOWNMEALMANDined on 10/11/2014ITS OUR PLACE TO GO WHEN IN THE CITY GREAT FOOD,OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND FARE PRICING .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnMDined on 10/11/2014Third visit and I always enjoy Cara Mia. Great for any occasion. Food is consistently good and the service cheerful!Special Features:
- beanz75Dined on 10/9/2014a pleasant surprise, very good fresh foods, great wine, excellent price for valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Local neighborhood place with well prepared food, served very attentively by the wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very YummyDaisyMaisyDined on 10/2/2014Our experience was great! Good service, good food, good location. Pasta was very fresh. Would visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food near theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/1/2014The food was very tasty and their prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus are a real bargain. The veal chop, while pricey, was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theatreMartyDined on 10/1/2014Good place in the theater district. Food is good and the service is friendly. Prices are reasonable. There are good pre-fixed dinner as well.Special Features:
- Sad Disappointmentsue7Dined on 9/20/2014Was disappointed in this recent visit. Although we were promptly seated and served, the food was weary and not well prepared. We usually have found Cara Mia as a good pre-theatre place to eat but will sadly be crossing it off our list.
- Great Place!Diane1Dined on 9/14/2014I've eaten at this restaurant around five, six times because they have great food and the prices are very reasonable and anytime I bring a friend, they also love it. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing homemade pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were on a family trip celebrating my daughters birthday and I was in search of italian. This was the perfect place! Kids are ages 12, 10 and 7 and while there wasn't a kids menu per se, they made what they requested. All of our dishes were pasta dishes and beyond delicious homemade pasta and sauce. Salads, breads, dessert equally awesome. Thanks for a great dinner on our last nite in NYC!Special Features:
- Top notch ingredients!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Dishes are fairly basic but fresh and high quality ingredients make every bite delicious. Dishes were fresh and hot, service attentive and good variety on the menu. Could use more interesting vegetarian options. The tables were very small and tightly packed together, and very noisy. The the food was great and prices very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A secret place in Hell's KitchenMagenta50Dined on 9/8/2014I have been going to Cara Mia for over 10 years. I have never gotten a bad meal. Service is good and the ambiance is beautiful and quaint for such a small restaurant. I have been there with my husband, girlfriends and family. My cousin was visiting from Italy and she loved it. Very simple and fantastic food! Great for before or after a Broadway Show. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- BubblesBubblesDined on 9/6/2014This is a go to neighborhood gem. When you step into the restaurant you are transported to Italy. The food is consistently good as is the service. The only caveat is that it gets to be very very noisy when all seats are filled. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good traditional Italian food in an intimate space. Tables are close together, and it can get a bit tight. On a Saturday night, it was very noisy. As people left, it got easier to talk. Good pre-theatre option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a genbbh1Dined on 8/30/2014The lunch prixe-fixe was made to order and delicious, bread and olive oil also. Service was great both from our server to the host and hostess. Nice surroundiings clean and crisp with linen table cloths and napkins. High on my list of to-go-to places in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodYUMMYDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. The crowd for a Friday evening in the city on Labor Day weekend was a bit older and pre-theater; but the salad and main courses were delicious and the service was great. Will totally go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014I've been coming to Cara Mia regularly for the last few years. On my last visit, I made reservations on OpenTable for 9:00. My party was running a little bit late and at 9:05 I received a call from an annoyed host reminding me that my reservation was at 9:00. I apologized, explained that I was literally walking on the same block at that moment and would be there within a minute. I assumed the place was packed and that they needed to give my table away if I wasn't coming. When I walked in 30 seconds later, I was shocked to find only a couple occupied tables. The service letdown continued throughout the meal as we had to ask for water, ask for bread, ask for more water and were given the check before we had a chance to order dessert.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Cara Mia is a neighborhood gem with good service and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Great food!BKLYNeatsDined on 8/17/2014Cara Mia has consistently excellent food and service at reasonable prices. Great location for before or after a Broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4fromVAstraightscoopDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at Cara Mia. We were early for our reservation, but the staff seated us with no problem and we had a wonderful experience. The servers were knowledgeable and very friendly. The food was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and the presentations were superb. We all tried each others dishes; they all looked so good. The restaurant was busy, but the noise level never was an issue. We have referred this restaurant to everyone we have spoken to about our visit. If we get back to New York again, we will definitely make reservations at Cara Mia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Italian restaurant !!!Snoopy500Dined on 8/6/2014We had an enjoyable dining experience at Cara Mia, where we have eaten on a number of occasions. The food is served very promptly, so you can certainly be on time for your show. The food is fresh and well prepared, although the menu is somewhat limited and the portions are considerably smaller than those at most of the restaurants where we dine.The staff is caring and concerned and checks back frequently.
- Broadway GemDeliciousVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good Italian food - moderately priced- good atmosphere before or after the theater.Special Features:
- NicoleDined on 8/3/2014This restaraunt was average. We were a party of eight and all the food was served at the same time. A few of us ordered different fish dishes but all came with the same exact sauce even though the description stated differently. Two had the raviolis which looked like they were made in house and the sauce was very good. Service was good. No complaints but it was not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cynthia krigsmanCindyDined on 8/3/2014Always a smile from employes good service and good great price for brunch/lunch and dinner specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCvisitorDined on 8/2/2014Cara Mia was recommended by a friend. Great suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Cara Mia is a great theater district restaurant with good food and great service.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our 2nd time here. Staff was wonderful, and so was the food! Great ceaser salad, eggplant, and chicken parm! Also the $19.95 pre fix menu is a fabulous deal! We will be back!Special Features:
- Great place to go after the showHankMDined on 7/23/2014Cara Mia is a great place to go after a Broadway show. It's away from the crowds in the theater district, but close enough to walk. The food is excellent, the service is pleasant, and the prices are moderate by New York standards.Special Features:
- BUSY AREA - TOO MANY KIDSLynnieOOODined on 7/21/2014Too many children in this restaurant, the restaurant was very loud as well as the children in the back of the restaurant, the table was quite small, they definitely cram a lot of people into that place. We both had fried calamari and pasta dishes, the pasta was a bit overdone and the meat with chewy- I do not think I would return here.Special Features:
- Delicious dining.giottoDined on 7/20/2014The prix fixe menu was reasonable in price and the pork dish I had was delicious. I would go again.Special Features:
- Great FindBobLDined on 7/19/2014A great local Restaurant serving good Italian food at a reasonable price. Great fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We arrived just after the crowd left for the theater, so I'm sure everything slowed down. The staff was friendly and available. What a surprise to find a prix-fixe dinner for $19.95 including choice of salad; although the section was slim we all found a meal. Basic Italian comfort food which was we all enjoyed. Nice selection of wines for a reasonable price. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itMangaDined on 7/16/2014Uneventful Very pedestrian. Keep walking Get a chef Learn to use spices