Cara Mia Trattoria Italiana
1040 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cara Mia Trattoria Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caramiasobe.com/
- Phone: 3053978624x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: 5pm - 11pm Sun-Thurs. Till midnight Fri - Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chef Alessandro DiMaggio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our restaurant is capable of providing off-site catering for large groups, special events, and private functions for any occasion. In addition to our standard menu selections we can create custom menus to suit individual needs. For further information contact: Tim Traub at (305)397-8624 or email: TimTraub@CaraMiaSobe.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is available for large groups, special events, and private functions for any occasion. In addition to our standard menu selections we can create custom menus to suit individual needs and budgets in either our private patio, main dining room/bar or entire space.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Traub 3053978624x
- Cross Street: 10th & 11th Street - Public Parking Garage on 10th street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Hourly Covered Public Parking Garage located around the corner on 10th Street between Alton Road & West Ave. across from Whole Foods Market or Metered Street Parking available throughout.
A word from Cara Mia Trattoria Italiana
Cara Mia an Italian Trattoria serving locals in and around South Beach is the latest creation of famed Milanese restaurateur Luigi Coppolino. His unique ability to tap into local neighborhood scenes, understand its needs, its culinary trends and brings things together is amazing. Come see for yourself, you wont be disappointed! Mangia....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cara Mia Trattoria Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely neighborhood restaurantCTJohnVIPDined on 8/11/2014I think they've been hurt by the Alton Road construction work, but we had an almost empty restaurant. Gigi, the owner, served us and he was great. The food is good, not great, but consistently so. They have an early bird special (before 7) which is around $20 for appetizer, entree, and dessert - a rare bargain in South Beach.Special Features:
- I loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Gr8 restaurant I ate pasta there and it was awesome. .. place is quite, clean and romantic I would say romantic too The staff were very friendly Just go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvtoeatoutDined on 7/26/2014restaurant has quiet, and romantic atmosphere. the salads,wine and main entrees were both plenty and fine dining.Special Features:
- Very italiannesnahDined on 7/25/2014we are often in Italy and know italian food quiet well. Cara mia could be in Milan. Very good food, friendly waiters. Unfortunately there is a huge construction site in front of the restaurant and parking is very limited. But it's always worth a try! We will be back!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodMiamibeachloverDined on 6/29/2014I went to Cara Mia with 4 of my friends for a nice girl's dinner. From the appetizers to the main entree everything was delicious. The staff and owner were very nice and welcoming. The food and ambiance was very authentic Italian and I would certainly eat here again when in Miami Beach.Special Features:
- So VERY Glad We Found Cara Mia!!ronandmaryDined on 6/21/2014When you take a family of Italian foodies with exquisite palates who are wine snobs to try an Italian restaurant the chance for disappointment is high. Cara Mia Trattoria blew us all away. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by owner Gigi (Louigi to the moment we departed we were delighted at every turn. The food was fresh, authentic, & graciously served. The depth of the sauces, the garden-fresh zucchini soup, the perfect al dente of the pasta, plus an impressive wine list, mmmmm desserts, & real limoncello in a funky, fifties sort of Italian bistro atmosphere satisfied taste buds and hearts. Really. All this at great prices. We were so happy. I could go on, but you should just go. Go Go Go eat at Cara Mia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST serviceBiancaDined on 5/11/2014I have been to Cara Mia before and it has been great, which is why I was so surprised at the absolutely awful service I received this time around. I had made a reservation for 12 on Mother's Day. We showed up about 10 minutes early for our reservation, but they seated us right away. The restaurant was quite empty. The server came to take our order, and although his English was questionable, everything seemed fine. An hour later, we received our first basket of bread. 35 minutes after that, half of the table received their meals (surprisingly the ones who had order lunch instead of breakfast). 20 minutes after that - by the time everyone else had finished - the remaining people got their meals. Also took another 20 minutes to get the check.
- True Italian in MiamiFPepoonVIPDined on 5/9/2014The best really, truly Italian food in Miami. The owner greeted us at the door, ensured we were comfortable and made excellent recommendations. My fresh, house-made carrot soup was delicious. The mushroom risotto was perfection, with a wonderful depth of flavor from the caramelized mushrooms, and my salmon was perfectly cooked. A lovely glass of limoncello topped off our meal. And we were allowed to sit and savor the meal for as long as we liked, just like in Italy. It's in an odd location and doesn't seem to get much traffic, which is all the better to have a quiet, leisurely dinner with friendly staff and delicious food.Special Features:
- The following 103 reviews are from the Cara Mia Trattoria Italiana reviews archive.
- A real findFoodfanDined on 4/16/2014A little bit off the beaten track, compared with ocean drive or Lincoln road, but well worth it. Very reasonable prices, great service and very pleasant ambiennce.Special Features:
- Just good food!LorenzoDined on 4/9/2014Calamari fritti is an excellent appetizer. Tasty, not too chewy, with an excellent sauce. I tried the penne bolognese because this sauce isn't easy to do well . Very good here! Zesty & sapporoso. My wife had shrimp on greens (a special) & was pleased. All in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BrunchRamziVIPDined on 4/5/2014We went this on Saturday April 5 - 6 people - the brunch starts at 11:30AM and runs till 3PM. I believe we were there until 4 and still getting Mimosas!. Awesome food, delicious, and tasty. Very professional and friendly service. Manager on floor making sure you have all you need and take care of all. It was our first trip there for a brunch, if you are local you must try it. if you are visiting it's a stop that you will remember for long time. Dinner is very good too, not long time ago we had great pastas there, so if you are not a brunch person, try to stop for the dinner. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- SurpriseGoldenDined on 3/21/2014Food was unexpectedly good. Service very friendly. We ate outside and it was very comfortable. Definitely recommend great for a neighborhood spot .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find neighborhood gemlove2dineDined on 3/15/2014Stumbled upon this after extreme hyped Miami food scene that can be inconsistent though the prices stay high. Fresh food prepared with love. Simple but fresh Italian. Kind staff! Get the spaghetti with basil and tomato. Chicken piccata a little dry and salty, but could be just me. DH enjoyed veal Marsala. Wine fantastic!Special Features:
- Poor serviceLeoneVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food was very good, however service was poor at best. Waiter removed forks and knifes after we finished our appetizer and he didn’t bring a clean set when the main course arrived. Even after I asked, he said sorry and quicky left our table which I thought he would come back immediately, but he forgot yet again. I walked over to a table next to us and took a set. At the end of the evening while clearing our table the waiter spilled a glass of wine. The almost a full glass of wine was spilled all over my daughter's pants. The waiter apologized and brought napkins to soak up the wine, but didn’t replace the glass of wine, nor did he offer to pay for the dry cleaning. Very disappointing experience.
- This restaurant is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is wonderful! The service could not have been better and we were so happy to have found it while on vacation. The nice walk is not far from the main strip of restaurants. The food was delicious and the menu was large enough without being overwhelming. We even got to try the limoncello for free! I definitely recommend it and we will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianJamesDined on 3/3/2014Dined outside. Very good ceasar salad and excellent eggplant dish . The waiters were very attentive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014We had a great meal with a great atmosphere. The pasta, salads and wine were fantastic. We would recommend to anyone wanting to enjoy great Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Away from the hububOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014Nice to get away from the busy-ness of South Beach by going over to this neighborhood spot on Alton Ave.! Good classic Italian dishes.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianClaudioDined on 2/23/2014A charming little restaurant where the food is authentic, the service attentive and the dining experience is exceptional. From the moment I was greeted in Italian to the complimentary limoncello, everything was perfect. Ask Gabriele for a table in the garden, have a glass of prosecco and imagine you are in a trattoria in toscana. Best of all you do not have to pay in euros for a great dinner. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014Great brunch experience. Fantastic food and service. I will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and portionsSeafoodVIPDined on 2/19/2014Upon arrival the hosted greated us and we were taken to a very nice table. The service was great and the food portiins generous. The past was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great respite from South BeachgattoVIPDined on 2/16/2014After dining in several hyped South Beach restaurants, it was a joy to come here. The food is very good. The garden is delightful. The servers go out of their way to make sure you are happy. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Authentic and funKCShermanDined on 2/14/2014Fun Italian restaurant with excellent, authentic/original dishes. Ambience is fun with photos of famous Italian show biz stars on the walls and a bar TV quietly playing "Roman Holiday" nonstop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerStewartDined on 2/14/2014We had a 6:45 reservation, that I was able to get the night before (thankfully). I reviewed the restaurant on Yelp first. I do not recall the exact name of the dishes we had, but I had the steak, medium rare, and my lady had the seafood pasta. Both were excellent. We ordered a $50 bottle of Pinot with the meal, recommended by our server- it paired nicely. The service was on par with the food. The one thing I noticed most was attention to detail. Servers were quick to take plates and replace napkins, keeping everything almost the same as when you first sat down. Lastly, when the bill arrived, the Maître d (I believe) brought it over himself- little touches that make a big difference in the overall experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had hoped for a little betterCDNMooseDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I were in Miami Beach for business, and wouldn't be able to go to a local favourite for valentines day. I needed to find something romantic, with great food. The location is convenient to get to, the place is nice, especially the terrace where we ate. The staff was friendly, but not overly attentive, and the kitched messed up so we waited over an hour for our food. Generally the meal was quite tasty, although the seafood in my risotto tasted a little old (fishy) and there were chunks of shell throughout. Very off putting. The manager when we spoke to him upon leaving ( had to go find him) was appologetic, and offered us a free bottle of wine for our next visit. I'd definitely give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific mealDCC52VIPDined on 2/9/2014Thanks - pasta was perfect, salad superb and the chicken first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully surprisedSuburbanFarmerDined on 1/29/2014Surprisingly good hidden gem in Miami beach that won't break the bank. I took some folks there for a business dinner and everyone said it was the best dinner they'd had all week. Given that appetizers, dinner, wine, dessert, and coffees came to just over $50 pp it's hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!JeffVIPDined on 1/27/2014My husband and I were in Miami Beach and looked for a different restaurant than the usual high-priced, high profile feeding venues, most of whom we had tried. We had heard there was an excellent small Italian restaurant on Alton Road. And, indeed, what a great place in turned out to be. The service could not have been better. The pasta and the caprese were likewise superb. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real Italy in MiamiNPineaultDined on 1/26/2014If you're looking for an Italian in Miami, you've found it. Authentic meals, amazing service, and the feeling that you're sitting outside in Firenze when you close your eyes. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Potential but Not FabulousLucyVIPDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant has so much potential but fell short in both the food and service areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful neighborhood gemCSOBEDined on 1/20/2014On recommendation of a friend, I tried Cara Mia and was very pleasantly surprised by the trendy interior, very good food, friendly wait staff and reasonable prices. One of the owners seated me and encouraged me to take a look at their outdoor space, even though it was too cool to sit there that night. The ambiance inside is modern but with a nod to mid-last century Italy, with terrific photos on the wall from famous Italian films. They even had La Dolce Vita playing on the TV over the bar! The music was also period, and a refreshing change from the trend of most restaurants now to play loud electronic music. The regular menu prices are also some of the lowest on the beach for quality food. I will definitely be a regular at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sunday brunch on the patio!CaraMiaBrunchRegularVIPDined on 1/19/2014Once again, we really enjoyed a lovely Sunday afternoon brunch on the patio! It's so gorgeous and a wonderful time when the weather is beautiful. I went with the Eggs Benedict again and it was fantastic (as always)! And of course, bottomless mimosas! Still our favorite brunch spot and as every other comment I've left before, definitely worth eating here (all the time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Cacio e pepe!ThreesistersDined on 1/18/2014My sisters and I visited this restaurant on a Saturday night. We were seated in the middle of a long table which could seat 12 (nice if you like conversation). There were also other more private tables. The food was delicious and the staff was fantastic. I have had cacio e pepe in Rome and this one reminded me of the original - creamy, buttery and delicious. They served limoncello on the house at the end. The prices were reasonable. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went hear based on lookingoutofAustinDined on 1/17/2014Went hear based on looking through open table. I had pasta with Bolognese sauce. All the pasta dishes were fresh and we thought very good. Friendly attentive service. This is a very nice, fairly unassuming place with good food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem!FabulousDined on 1/14/2014We had dinner and lunch here. The waiters Johnny and Al were great, especially Johnny. He was from Bari, Italy. a lot of fun and on the ball with serving. They do not serve alcohol which was a little disappointment, but because the food was so great, we went back for lunch and had a nice conversation with the manager and owner. We had linguini with clams first which was cooked perfectly. I had the lamb shank because of reading a review and it was mouth watering, also the lasagna for lunch which was really, really good. My husband had the veal and rigatoni Bolognese. I actually brought some advertising cards to the concierge. It is one block away and the prices are RIGHT. They have a lunch special for $10 and early dinner $17.95.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodie for Foodies!joecburkeDined on 1/13/2014On a Tuesday it night it was pretty quiet, only six other tables booked while we were there. Food was fabulous, wine list is very good, we drank a reserve Chianti which was at "special price" and it was extremely inexpensive for this wine in a restaurant. After a tenderloin carpacccio starter, I had the lamb shank, it it was falling off the bone and tender, exquisite. My date had the sea-bass (not chilean) and it was delicious. Only down note is that the street outside is under major reconstruction so parking is a challenge and noise up to 7PM was a pain, but after that it calmed down. I would def. recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDanish2ristDined on 1/2/2014We went as a family, 2 adults, 2 children (7yr and 5yr). Very good food, for a very reasonable price. The staff was very friendky, The restaurant was very authentic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceDanaNVIPDined on 12/31/2013Magnificent! Well prepared Authentic Italian a Dishes and the service/staff were a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerLindaDined on 12/31/2013The food was delicious, the service could not have been better, and the ambiance was great!Special Features:
- First time there. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/31/2013First time there. Food was suburb. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.