498 Jefferson St.
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capurros.com/
- Phone: 4157719371x104
- Hours of Operation:
11:00am - 10:00pm 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent Capurro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Capurro's features our own three piece band five nights a week, dedicated to the music of the Golden Era (free of charge).
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Monday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
A word from Capurro's
Since 1946, Capurro's Restaurant has been family owned and operated. Recently remodeled, Capurro's offers a traditional Fisherman's Wharf menu reminiscent of our Italian heritage. Serving lunch and dinner, we feature only the freshest locally caught seafood seven days a week from 11am to 10pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Capurro's - Best Restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf ›
Capurro's reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Weekend getawayOceanLoverDined on 9/6/2014We were just getting away for the weekend and we were looking for a very nice place for dinner. We found it. The moment we walked in we were greeted right away and seated. Service was excellent and the food was marvelous. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irishlord82VIPDined on 8/5/2014Two in my party ordered the dungeness full crab steamed. It neither tasted fresh nor were the crabs full of meat; they seem partially empty. The clam chowder was only okay. The restaurant charges a 4% employer mandate in addition to the 8.75 % sales tax. The employer mandate is to pay for the additional costs of Obamacare; a San Francisco rip-off. If you can avoid it, please do not visit San Francisco.
- Excellent!!!!LovetoeatDined on 7/5/2014Our service was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the Capurro's reviews archive.
- All about dessertSharkyFoodyDined on 5/18/2014The staff here is always very friendly and helpful. While I thought the whole roasted crab was just OK, I was really blown away by the butterscotch pudding dessert. It's packed with butterscotchy goodness! So worth the drive to the wharf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014It is fisherman wharf so what that mean is it a good tourist place to go grab a bite to eat. It's not exactly cheap but it's the wharf. A bowl of so so clam chowder for $9. Really?Special Features:
- Only with a GrouponBellsDined on 4/28/2014While we enjoyed the meal, I wouldn't go back and pay full price. We had a Groupon that gave us 2 appetizers, 2 crabs and 2 desserts for $45. The Caesar salad was average, the pasta sauce tasted OK, but not fantastic. We had the garlic sauce crabs and they were yummy, but not worth what the full price would have been - $36 - for each a la carte. The butterscotch dessert was the highlight. The service was good and overall we enjoyed the evening. Just not a place I'd rush back to.Special Features:
- Crab in tasty garlic wine sauceRockstarDined on 4/26/2014Groupon for crab dinner. Reservations for Sat. @ 12:15. Was immediately greeted and seated. Plenty of seating at that time but did fill up as day progressed. Informed free parking available in the small lot behind, good to note for future. My friend & I both had cup of clam chowder to start (comes w/ soup, salad, or pasta). Very good, not overly thick, lots of clams, well seasoned. Only dessert w/Groupon, butterscotch pudding. Light but rich, nicely presented in small cup w/ yummy butterscotch sauce drizzled on top over whipped cream dollop, not overly sweet, w/ small biscotto. Crab served w/ bib, cracker, bowl, wet napkin for fingers, French bread to sop up sauce. Attentive service. Need lots of time, must work for food, messy.Special Features:
- Good eats!yumyumDined on 4/12/2014We had a Groupon good for two crabs, and two desserts. We ordered the roasted crab in garlic wine sauce... it was amazing! I had the caesar salad and my hubby had the white clam chowder- both were tasty! Dessert was some sort of butterscotch goodness. there is a parking lot in the back.... that is good to know information because parking is extremely limited along the wharf. I would come back again. All the food was very tasty. We went between the lunch and dinner rush... perfect time because we do not like loud/busy atmospheres and according to the hostess, it does get very busy for dinner around 5:30 pm. A good experience overall!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable!LarrySURPRISEbirthdayDined on 4/11/2014Capurro's was a welcoming spot to have non-rushed good crab dinner! From the moment we arrived the hostess, waiter (Robert) and busboy were attentive in serving up our meal and everything that it included. Capurro's New England stye clam chowder is one of my favorites, I would to go back just for a bucket of this with its nicely sized clams. And, the delicious woodstone-roasted dungeness crab cracked simply in a brittle way and came out of the shell easily. The Riesling wine on their menu paired nicely for me with the clam chowder and crab. Then the butter-scotch custard, with some special name, was smooth and creamy and a great way to complete the meal. Also, the bar area had the Giants game on the TV to complete a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being a touristOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2014I've lived in SF all my life but seldom had opportunity to enjoy the places a tourist would visit so this restuarant made my "tourist" day out with friends a memorable day! Wonderful food, attentive service and tourist-like ambience made it a very employable evening.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceSalseDined on 4/1/2014Dined with my family on a Tues. night. The service was attentive and extremely helpful, suggesting changes that I could make to the specials to accommodate my dietary restrictions. My son had the fish and chips and the breading was light and tasty, not at all greasy. The gnocchi and mixed roasted vegetables that I had with my sand dabs were the best I have ever eaten. We enjoyed the open space of the dining room and all the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodooopsydaisyDined on 3/29/2014Came here with one of my closest friend, we both enjoy seafood. Server are great and attentive. will definitely go back and will spread the word. Food is great and if you love seafood this is the place to be in. thank you!!! :-)Special Features:
- Outstanding Seafood RestaurantRC0001Dined on 3/22/2014Ate at Capurro's last year because of my wife got a Groupon for "Roasted Crab with Garlic Sauce." It was awesome then. Did the same thing this year, and the results were fantasic this time as well. Highly recommended gem close to Pier 39 if you're going to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab anyoneAsianfoodtoluvVIPDined on 3/21/2014The service was attentive and was better then our last visit. The seafood is fresh and the crab is a must. Overall the seafood is fresh and very tasty. We love the clam chowder and the wood roasted crab is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?breadDined on 3/16/2014We were seated quickly and our order taken promptly. I asked if we could have some bread the waiter said he was very sorry but they were all out of bread. When we were given our entree of crab I asked if we could have some form of starch, pasta or pizza because it is hard to eat just crab without any bread. The waiter came back with 4 slices of bread and said this is all they have left in the restaurant. As we began to eat another gentleman was seated across from me and he received a plate full of bread. I gave my bread to my son to eat and asked for a box for my crab so I could take it home to eat since there wasn't enough bread for two people and two whole crabs. The food was mediocre and I am furious that the waiter lied to us.
- crabbuckDined on 3/16/2014We had a whole crab each. Cooked in white wine and garlic. Best crab we ever had, to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chief was awesome!KmmhDined on 3/15/2014The chief came out to great us, he was fun and awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummy and funSuzJDined on 3/8/2014I like the energy at Capurros, it's energetic, friendly and the food is great. I'ts very nice, but you can also relax and be yourself. Good for a romantic dinner or with a group. Excellent Italian food and fresh seafood. Great location as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfour2dineDined on 3/1/2014We celebrated our Mothers 90th Birthday.It was our 1st time experiencing Capurros. What a find!! The service could not have been better! Our waiter handled our table with warmth,humor and outstanding service. He even escorted our Mother to & from the restroom,which was a very nice touch. The food was outstanding! Prepared & presented with aplomb! We have found another favorite restaurant & will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roasted crabAsianfoodtoluvVIPDined on 2/23/2014The roasted crab is full of flavor and cooked to perfection. The calamari was good and crispy . We also had the clam chowder which you have to try when in fish mans ware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuunsatisfiedDined on 2/23/2014I was very disappointed at the menu. A seafood restaurant at the wharf with no fish on the menu? The entire menu is like bar food designed for uneducated tourists. I can get deep fried food at Long John Silvers.
- Good food... Not much forFoodie1Dined on 2/16/2014Good food... Not much for those who don't eat seafood. Still very fun evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the Dungeness crabglovesmVIPDined on 2/9/2014We had the Dungeness crab roasted with white wine and garlic. It was big enough to share since we also had a cup of clam chowder and made good use of the happy hour with calamari and sweet potato fries. We also enjoyed their version of Oysters Rockafeller. I would definitely go back for the crab again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceItalian1Dined on 2/9/2014I was very happy with the friendly personal attention to Everyone at our table. Everything we ate was very fresh And tasted great. I especially enjoyed the clam chowder And calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJoeyDined on 1/25/2014Took my girlfriend there on her 74th. Told the waiter it was her birthday, but there was no complimentary desert offered or any Favor bestowed. No Happy B'day to you sung at our table. That was a little disappointing. As far as the food is concerned, it was very good. As a seafood place we both ordered seafood. I had a Shrimp Louis salad and my girlfriend ordered a multiple seafood plate and she got a special apron. There was good French bread with butter which we ate waiting for our entrees. As a result we were full before the entree arrived so that each took food home and ate it at home the next day. We enjoyed Capurro's, our second time there. JJI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant off the beatenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014Great restaurant off the beaten path at Fisherman's Wharf. Be patient with the initial service because the great food more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, Fresh CrabgmarieDined on 1/19/2014My husband and I went for the crab and we were so happy. The crab was fresh and well prepared. We tried the cold whole crab with garlic and herb vinaigrette as well as the steamed warm crab with a white wine garlic sauce. Both were so wonderful. The service was attentive and helpful. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside of the din of touristsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Outside of the din of tourists at fisherman's Warf, Capurros was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab DishesAngelaVIPDined on 1/8/2014The various crab dishes were wonderful, whether they were braised, sauted or broiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capurro's is a must!FunNightOutDined on 12/28/2013The chilled and marinated whole crab is a must try! Our dinner was wonderful - from the perfectly mixed cocktails to the pasta and fresh crab to dessert and coffee. Wait staff was very attentive but not annoyingly so and the ambiance was warm and friendly - we loved dining here and cannot wait to have lunch or dinner here again soon. What a find on the Wharf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute PlaceSharksJasonDined on 12/20/2013This was a really good find. I planned an entire evening around this restaurant for my wife's birthday. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back. The calamari was amazing and came recommended by our waiter. I also really enjoyed the clam chowder. It had big chunks of clam in it and it wasn't potato heavy. Located at the end of Fisherman's Wharf, I found it to be nice and away from a majority of the tourist crowd and I wasn't being asked for change as I left either. I would love to come back and can't wait to do so.Special Features:
- Well.....NancyDined on 12/18/2013Capurro's was recommended to me by friends & family so me and a friend decided to go there for lunch. I was a bit underwelmed but I would try it again. Maybe I chose the wrong thing on the menu but my friend loved his meal. Atmosphere and service was good so for me, that is real important. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experience!sammyjoVIPDined on 12/10/2013My friend and I ordered the crab and the pieces were big and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab fest timeAsianfoodtoluvVIPDined on 12/8/2013Looking for good seafood and lots of crab, this is the place Can't go wrong with crab. The service was attentive and quick service The chowder was good on a cold night and overall a good place to dine if you want seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brother's Bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/1/2013Took my brother and niece out for his birthday...the owner greeted us with a smile that made us feel extra welcomed. my appetizer had a caterpillar on a spinach leaf but they were quick to fix the issue and brought out a different appetizer. The food was a perfect ten in taste! My brother enjoyed his dinner and even chatted with the owner afterwards. It's a great environment with good people and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy ThanksgivingOleannaDined on 11/28/2013We went there to have crab for Thanksgiving dinner. We also had the hot appetizer sampler, Caesar salad and dessert! It was a lovely meal, great food, excellent service and a very comfortable environment. By the way, we are locals, not tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food - terrible serviceLiaSDined on 11/28/2013We went for Thanksgiving dinner. The server was loud and obnoxious, very curt. He did not offer us drinks or attempt to upsell anything. My niece had to stop him from leaving to order a soda. The clam chowder first course was pretty good, but the main course was mediocre. The Thanksgiving dinner consisted of turkey, mashed potatoes (chunky and runny), stuffing (dry and crusty), sweet potatoes (cold), and CANNED cranberry sauce. The only saving grace was the roasted Brussels sprouts, which were delicious. The famous San Francisco sourdough bread was dry and stale. He did not indicate that dessert was included, and it was also mediocre. It was a pumpkin cheesecake with a sponge cake layer on the bottom. Service was extremely slow.
- loved this placeblissVIPDined on 11/26/2013i will go back again, and again as it was all perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamforce team meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2013Our team wanted to review what we had learned and seen during the Dreamforce convention and we decided on Capurro's for dinner and drinks that night. The staff was wonderful. They were more than accommodating when we wanted to have 1 more drink at the bar before going in to dine. We had a waiter who was there when we needed him and when he saw that we were so busy talking, did not make us feel like we should hurry up and make some dinner choices. The food was wonderful - everything from the cold appetizer plate to the entrees to the desserts. It was a great night! Thank you Capurro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capurro's at Fisherman's WharfMrswyndDined on 11/7/2013Great food and service, though a bit pricey due to the location. Since we were staying at a hotel nearby, it was very convenient, but I would choose a better restaurant for the price. We ordered the calamari and a crab. Both were amazingly fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.