Captains Room - Rogers Arena
800 Griffiths Way
Vancouver, BC V6B 6G2Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$51 and over
Captains Room - Rogers Arena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rogersarena.com/
- Phone: 6048997525x
- Hours of Operation:
Open during all regulation Vancouver Canucks home games. Doors open at 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Speight
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Captains Room - Rogers Arena
Captains Room is our most-exclusive restaurant and home to award-winning chef David Speight. Join us two hours prior to Canucks home games, or book us for your reception, luncheon, or other private event. We have a reputation for creating dining experiences that are second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Captains Room - Rogers Arena reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bye Bye Aramarkhooner77VIPDined on 4/13/2014Very sad to think the regular staff that have served us for years at Captains Room may not be back, or will be brought back at lower wages. It would be nice if the Aquillini's could stick to the hockey product and let Aramark do what they do best - excellent food and service at Captains RoomSpecial Features:
- Had heard betterFoodieDined on 4/10/2014The group i came with has been here before and was quite shocked at the mediocre selection. In my opinion the pirk loin was overcooked the cold seafood selection was not enough and the pasta was borderline too soft. Not worth 60 ppSpecial Features:
- OK not Great, just like the CanucksdublinhallDined on 4/5/2014Service was really good, they could not do enough for you, friendly and attentive. Food was just OK the Beef lacked taste and the Pasta was mushy, salads were very non creative, with the deserts kinda Blah. So for the price no a good value. Great to come back in-between periods to grab a drink and leave your personal stuff . Great for convenience.Special Features:
- Awesone In Game ExperienceBMackDined on 3/29/2014From the pre-game drinks, to the AMAZING buffet dinner, to the scrumptious desserts served between periods, this is a one-of-a-kind experience while attenting a Canucks game at Rogers Arena. The chefs and servers do an OUTSTANDING job to ensure your satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiancescoutDined on 3/19/2014The atmosphere was fantastic are group really enjoyed the experience. having the table for the entire game was a great touchSpecial Features:
- Convenient location for Canucks gmBigShadow67Dined on 1/26/2014Easy location if you are in the club section. A great feature is the ability to return during periods for a more relaxed and less congested experience. Can also return post game, to hang out while the crowds head home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- i liked how they clearly markedchrisDined on 1/18/2014i liked how they clearly marked what was Gluten Free - thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJasonVIPDined on 1/1/2014I had visited a while back but tend to simply hit one of the fine spots downtown. Figured it was New Years Day and maybe rushing to city so we cancelled a Steakhouse/seafood downtown and RSVP'd at the captains room. Had to delete most of my review as there is a max so in a nutshell - place was less than half full, we we're say in the middle of every other table. Every request we had the waitress forgot.... Told us to come back between periods for desert and the desert was gone later told us it was only between the first. Said she would get some for my wife, never came back... I .Think management had under staffed. In future I will stick it a fine dinning experience downtown then cab to game. Convenient but B gradeSpecial Features:
- Hockey NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014The food was excellent and service is great. You can request how many slices you like to have for the prime rib, whether thick or thin slice. All the servers are pleasant and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game night reviewIslandnucksfanDined on 12/30/2013I took 3 teenage boys for a special dinner as we were going to the game. Food was very very good although choice was small. Not complaining about the choice as we were quite satisfied but just saying there was not a big selection. Beef was very good and tender. All the food was hot and well presented. Service was excellent. He kept our glasses full of water and was nice to talk to. He explained things well and was friendly. Here are things I found strange: The room is just that, a room. There are TV monitors on the walls but no view of anything else including the ice. I assumed it was overlooking the ice. It's a low ceiling and noisy. Once it filled up it was hard to hear the people at my own table. And, they don't take debit card. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But...canucklassDined on 12/13/2013The food was fantastic but I would recommend that is someone is paying $60 for a meal that free refills on pop should be considered. I do not drink alcohol and was also driving that night and felt having to pay for two Diet Pepsi's was ridiculous. I would also suggest not having music playing overhead when it is so busy as it just adds to the volume of the noise that people are making in order to talk louder to be heard over the music and other people in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish I knew this existed earlierOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2013My admin person booked this for me and I was very impressed and would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "one stop" locationYVRDUDEDined on 12/8/2013The Captain's Room is a convenient place to have a great buffet before the game. A great advantage is that you have no need to rush your meal so that you can get to Rogers Arena to park and get your seat - instead you get there early, enjoy a relaxed meal, then simply go downstairs and enjoy the game! You can come back up between periods for dessert. A great way to enjoy the game with customers, colleagues and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of choicesCanucks3Dined on 12/6/2013The selection of food had been lacking and it is hard to eat there often like I use too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for hockey nightshooner77VIPDined on 11/23/2013Great place to avoid traffic between work and the hockey game. Wish they could fix the acoustics - hard to have a conversation without shouting when the room is fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to go to a hockey gameKenADined on 10/28/2013Warm ambience to the room, Excellent buffet - Salads, appetizers, entrees, deserts- all separately and attractively displayed. Most attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant staff too slowShirleyDined on 10/12/2013Restaurant staff too slow in filling the very small serving dishes for $61.00 per person for a buffet this should be a top notch restaurant and it is not! Staff is friendly and waiters good but for the money people should be getting more when you are serving yourself.
- For convenience prior to andMM2310Dined on 10/8/2013For convenience prior to and during the game, this is a good fit. Mind you, rather expensive and must accept this in being part of the event.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for beating the traffichooner77VIPDined on 10/8/2013Great for beating the traffic and relaxing after work before the Hockey Game It does tend to get a little noisy however. Membership needed to dine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slightly lacking.BieksaFanDined on 10/5/2013For the high price that you pay for a "gourmet" buffet, you would think they would offer some kind of alternatives for those with allergies. Also some of the meat was overcooked to be dry and tough. Great selection of food otherwise and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.