Captain James Landing
2127 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Captain James Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.captainjameslanding.com/
- Phone: (410) 327-8600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer complete catering services for special events and corporate functions. This allows you (the host) to enjoy your party while we do the work. Our wide range of delicious appetizers, amazing dinners, decadent desserts and impeccable service offers a perfect event for everyone.
- Private Party Facilities: Captain James Landing- Seafood Palace, is a unique concept to Baltimore for Private dining and entertaining. Captain James Seafood Palace is not just a restaurant that looks like a ship. It"s a totally private venue known for its extraordinary cuisine, warm casual elegance and friendly, professional service. Captain James Seafood Palace is the perfect setting for dinners, business meetings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, off-premise catering, crab feasts or just a great celebration!
Please email our Events Coordinator and include your name,phone number, date, time, number of guests, and occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Marina 4103278600x
A word from Captain James Landing
A Baltimore landmark since 1978, Captain James Landing Restaurant has earned the name "most unique eatery" in Baltimore City. For starters we are the only restaurant shaped like a merchant vessel. Five brothers created a restaurant in the 70"s with the goal of providing quality service to the citizens of Baltimore, Maryland as well as the thousands of tourist that visit our Monumental City. Our Waterfront Crab House (located adjacent of our restaurant) was awarded in 2012 "#1 Best Crabs in Baltimore" by Baltimore Magazine. Our Crab House is the one spot in the city where you can eat steamed crabs with a true waterfront seating. Water Taxi Stop #14 brings you right to our waterfront location.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Captain James Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (25)scenic view (24)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)hot spot (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BrunchfoodieKDined on 11/23/2014I'm always looking for unique adaptations of standard brunch fare and Captain James Landing did not disappoint! Pancake taco, baked potato omelet, crab hash. All reasonably priced and in huge servings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly not busyBillGDined on 11/14/2014The food was great. The service was great. It wasn't busy....I don't understand why but it was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever !PhatgirlDined on 11/6/2014I've been patronizing this establishment for years, they are better than ever. Food, service and atmosphere have all changed for the better. I'm loving the new menu and renovations. I could eat here a few times a week and not mind paying. Keep up the good work Captain James !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobsterjjs66Dined on 11/4/2014Good value for the price. Lobster and 2 sides excellent price. Good menu. Plenty of free parking. Daily specials. Arrived early, restaurant could not comply with seating request.Special Features:
- Ran out of Crab before 8TheDudeV2Dined on 11/3/2014We had to go to plan B because the "all you can eat" crab was not available at 8pm. They were "running low" The food was good otherwise, but I was disappointed to not have crab.Special Features:
- Good foodFifiDined on 10/26/2014We got the crab cakes which were delicious. Full of lump crab meat and seasoned very nicely. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. Table was not ready at our reservation time, but within 10 minutes we were seated at a booth. We had requested a table, but none were free. Decor was ok. Having tv's all over was distracting and sort of cheapened the over look of the place.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceFayeDined on 10/26/2014I didn't know what to expect due to a mixture of reviews. I decided to go with the pro-reviews and find out for myself. Am I glad I did! The food was excellent in taste and portion! - the service superb! We had a very pleasant evening celebrating a birthday. We look forward to visiting Captain James Landing again - maybe for breakfast or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014If you enjoy well prepared, great tasting seafood in generous portions, visit Captain James!Special Features:
- The crab imperial was great!TassieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our table was by a window which was nice since I love watching people. Our waitress was the nicest, most delightful lady and she was extremely attentive to our needs. Our drinks were very good, and the food was excellent. Large portions and lots of delicious crab meat in the stuffed shrimp. The salmon was delicious too!Special Features:
- AwesomeFrankDined on 10/19/2014Staff was very attentive even though we had a group of 9. Brunch and lunch menu were great.Special Features:
- Capt James LandingTynna76Dined on 10/15/2014From the outside it looks like a boat and that's the reason why we wanted to try it. It makes you wonder how it is inside. It is a nice restaurant with big tables and booths. Their food is good, not fantastic; their wine list is not great. I guess I had built up this great expectation and... I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't thrilled either.Special Features:
- Great CrabschavezDined on 10/15/2014All you can eat crabs for 2 hours! The experience and the crabs were great. Must Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Crab!RustyVIPDined on 10/15/2014What a great find in Crabtown! The Crab Dip appetizer was scrumptious. We had Crab Imperial and Crab Cakes...lots of large chunks of crab meat...no filler. Our server was friendly, cheerful and attentive. will definitely return next time we are in Baltimore.Special Features:
- DisappointedUnluckyDinerDined on 10/15/2014Online reviews encouraged me and my husband to take a visiting niece here for dinner. Noise level was such we couldn't hear each other. Two of us had the special of the night - prime rib -which was tasteless and had some sort of articifical au jus on it. My crab cakes had several large lumps of crab but were mostly large fluffy pieces of bread; crab tasted "off" - couldn't finish them.Special Features:
- Always Looking for Great Food!QualityFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our first time at Captain James Landing and will definitely return!! Food was fresh and great menu options. Always appreciate a restaurant with big pieces of jumbo lump crab. See you soon Captain James Landing!!!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodGirlFriday715Dined on 10/11/2014Really great food and service. Very friendly staff. Was greeted with a smile when we walked in and were made to feel at home.Special Features:
- Old school quirkyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014So nice to see a place with its own personality, not trying to jump on any new trend. Hearty, friendly, fun and filling.Special Features:
- It was Great!!blossomDined on 10/4/2014We went to Captain James landing while visiting & were very happy with our choice of restaurants. I had the seafood/crab bisque soup & it was very good! The crab cakes were excellent ... two at my table ordered them. Not a lot of breading, primarily crab. Food was very good & will visit again when in the area again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We had a great meal at Captain James. The food was excellent and good size portions. Service was good. The only thing I could mention is that we did feel a little rushed...we ordered appetizes and didn't have time to finish it before our meal arrived. The seafood meal was awesome. We were at a booth, which was comfortable. As other mentioned, I would think it could be a bit tight if you were a party of two...those table were very close together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The food was very good, though perhaps a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptJamesDined on 9/26/2014Everything was great, but a bit pricey on the drinks. Will def go back again for the food. It was delicious, especially the crab cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food n great service!Table42Dined on 9/21/2014My husband and I had dinner there. The food was great and our server Greg was very knowledgeable of the menu, he had great suggestions, and he was very hospitable. We had oysters and clams for apps, I had a prime rib dinner, my husband had their "out of this world" crab cake entree, and homemade rice pudding for dessert!:) It was an amazing birthday dinner!!! We will be returning and are highly recommending Capt James to all of our friends n family! Thanks guys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintyummyformytummyDined on 9/20/2014I thought the restaurant would be bigger than it is-but, the food was tasty. The restaurant was very quaint, but it was clean and the service was prompt. 20 min after sitting down, we already had appetizers and our meal was brought out. It's a bit of a drive for us, but if you are in the area, this is a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day at the shipShipDined on 9/20/2014The food was great... Very busy, however the waitress was so good but the manager on duty made it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Horrible experience. Ordered extra large crabs. Cthey were medium at best. Waitress was rude
- Enjoyable DiningNelsonVIPDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had an early dinner before going to the football game. We had the same level of service this time as in the prior visit. The crab imperial was large and luscious. The broccoli was steamed to a gentle crisp. My husband had mussels as an appetizer. They were large and properly prepared. My salad was crisp. We enjoyed the lemon meringue pie as the final part of our meals. The waitress was very accommodating in meeting our needs. We will return in the future.Special Features:
- AryzonaVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went here and I was kind of underwhelmed by the food. The lamb was ok, not cooked as requested. And the crab legs were just alright!
- Fantastic Chesepeake Bay QuisineEatinonthebayDined on 9/6/2014After living in and around Baltimore my entire life and passing Capt James hundreds of times I decided to have dinner there with my wife, sister and brother in law and it couldn't 't have been better and I've ate at restaurants all over MD . The food was incredible and the service was impeccable. The best appetizers I 'be ever had! You have to try the stuff mushrooms!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabfeastBrunchmeisterDined on 9/6/2014My group was very pleased with our crab feast at Captain James Landing Crabhouse. The crabs were steamed and spiced just right and we enjoyed the sides of potato salad. It was a nice hot summer day and we sat outside in a covered area with ceiling fans. It was very pleasant. I would definitely return here to do this again some time!Special Features:
- SadieDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent here. The seating however was a little too close together for us. We were seated so close to another couple that we could hear what they were talking about and they could probably hear us, too. Other than that we would recommend Capt. James to anyone who wanted a very casual seafood experience. The crab imperial was extremely delicious and so was the crab stuffed shrimp. We took the Water Taxi to get there and it took us right up to the main entrance to the Crab House which is in front of Capt. James Landing. That was the most unique part of this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our reviewNickDined on 8/30/2014Soft crab would of been better sautéed than fried. It really had no flavor. Service was fantastic, crabs were good, Butter that came with crabs was not butter but oil spread substitute that tasted bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dlogan34Dined on 8/30/2014I went for a true steamed crab experience. They weren't even on the menu and had to ask about them...even though the website said steamed crabs all year long. Lots of work for a little meat and I got the extra large. VERY expensive. One member of our group who isn't a seafood lover got a hamburger and said it was tasteless. Another got the crab cakes and he enjoyed those. But I wonder now if they were all crabmeat and not some imitation for the price and serving size.
- alexioAbertcinoDined on 8/30/2014I have been to Ruth Chris. Morton, Capital grill and few others. This is the worst. Absolutely no taste in everything, my sons ordered both the. Veal chop & Rib bye taste like in a buffet place, one time deal never going backSpecial Features:
- Non-communicative staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant had us wait 20 minutes for a table when several were available. When asked why, they didn't know that we would consider a table versus a booth. Only had to ask!
- Great Birthday CelebrationLulaDined on 8/28/2014Celebrated my husband's 50th birthday with a few friends. Reservation time was punctual, they were actually waiting for us! The food was awesome and our waitress was very attentive! What a way to kick off a birthday celebration, maybe The Captain could include a slice of cake for the birthday folks...(with confirmation of course).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetPDined on 8/24/2014The tables are small, very noisy, the food was adequate.
- Baltimore ClassicMarveloDined on 8/20/2014Classic Baltimore family owned restaurant.- Crab Cakes are excellent (and big) all crab and not over poweringly seasoned. Softshell perfectly prepared. close enough to walk from anywhere in Fells Point but not a tourist 'trap'.Special Features:
- Awesome awesome awesomeCressiegirlDined on 8/17/2014We had a great time I'm so glad I choose this restaurant, I always read reviews when a place is unfamiliar, with that being said the reviews sealed the deal. My friend and I will take another 2 hour ride just to come to captain James. Crab cake... crab imperial ... Crab Mac n cheese was the ABSOLUTE best... Veges and There signature Sangria topped it off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure Reputable AwesomenessAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/16/2014Captain James Landing I'd add-on excellent neighborhood gem. The good is outstanding and the service is priceless. I totally enjoyed this place and look forward to returning back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon, Rolls, and Steamed ShrimpSophieTheExplorerDined on 8/16/2014I recently visited (because of a Groupon) and I'm happy I did. The dinner rolls while you wait are to die for, the butter garlic shrimp on the appetizer menu deserves an award, and I love the fact that not only do they take a Groupon, but you can purchase alcohol with it (score!) Downfall is that since the Groupon was for $80. They automatically added gratuity of $15, tax was $5, so we ended up spending an extra $20..., plus it's limited to the restaurant, not the crab house (bummer) my new york strip was good, but my friend's chicken parmigiano tasted like ravioli (yuck) the chickrn was big though, and it was fresh. All in all, I'd visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.