455 Main Street
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.capriceri.com/
- Phone: 4013982900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Domingo Fernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer a wide range of capabilities: *Cocktail Parties, Lunch, Brunch, & Dinner Parties*Last-Minute Corporate*Office Catering Setup*Event Planning & Venues*Audio Visual Rentals; CALL US TO DESIGN YOU A SPECIAL MENU TAILORED TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS. If you have any questions or special requests do not hesitate to call us at (401) 398-2900. We would love to hear from you. Better yet, why don't you come see us? We'd love to give you a tour of the premises!
- Private Party Facilities: Whatever the event, celebration, dinner or any special occasion, all the ingredients for success are here. Beautiful natural surroundings, easy accessibility, and most important, superb cuisine. Caprice is open 7 days a week for dinner. We also offer a private dining room that can accommodate up to 80 people and a semi private dining room that can accommodate up to 20 people. Ample parking and valet is available. We offer a wide range of capabilities: *Cocktail Parties, Lunch, Brunch, & Dinner Parties *Last-Minute Corporate Catering (Delivered to your Space) *Office Catering Setup *Event Planning & Venues *Audio Visual Rentals
- Private Party Contact: Kostas Karampetsos 4013982900
A word from Caprice
Join the staff and management of Caprice for cocktails and dinner, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind exploration of contemporary Mediterranean cuisine. The setting is rich yet unpretentious, with polished hardwood floors, a gorgeous granite-top bar, walls of draped glass, and dramatic drop lighting. The menu at Caprice is a marvel - both in execution and presentation - as each dish is plated with such artistry, one almost hates to dig in. Dig in you will, however, because the flavor, aroma and texture combinations are like nothing you"ve experienced before. In short, don't expect the same old same old, because here (as the name suggests), the chef lets his imagination run wild.And behind the bar, look for mixologists who pour 22 different Signature Martinis. NOTE: Banquet and private party facilities are available, with a range of prix-fixe and buffet options.' – idine.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caprice reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always a Gastronomic TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Great food, great ambience, this is our "go to" celebratory restaurant ... this time, my daughter's 17th birthday. The food others order always looks so delicious; however, I simply have to order the Spaghettini ... so delicious!!Special Features:
- Quiet Nice Neighborhood ExperienceCOLRGRDined on 2/16/2014Made reservations over open table. Arrived early and were seated right away. Waiter was polite, nut a bit inexperienced> Had to ask twice for pepper and additional coffee with 5 minutes between each request. Appetizer was excellent. Scrod was OK. Veal Shank and Burger was excellent. Wine choices were good. We were not pressured to get in and out and the atmosphere was very comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect valentines day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious. The atmosphere was perfect. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You not be disappointedtechmanDined on 2/14/2014I went on Valentine's day for a special time. It was. The food was amazing (Pork Shank) and the service excellent. Where I was a little dissapointed was in the seating. We were seated towards the back in an area where the tables were oinly 2' apart at best. You could hear the conversations of the parties that were on both sides of our table, making it rather loud. We will definately go back but will request seating more towards the front. If the seating was alittle better, and noise level a little lower, it would receive a 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went to Caprice for Valentine's Day dinner. The food was excellent, and the service was friendly and hospitable. My girlfriend had the Baked Seafood Medley and I had the Rainbow Trout. Our dishes were prepared to the tee, and were impeccable. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, good againdtgtVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had a 6:45PM reservation. Guests arrived after us and belatedly informed the waitress they were in a hurry. I would have done that upon arrival. The waitress handled it like a pro, with a smile and met their deadline. Our food was very nice, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Service was very slow. Our waitress did not even come over to the table to introduce herself or take our drink order until we had already been seated at the table for 20mins. We were seated at a table next to the windows and it was very cold, our table as well as the group next to us complained and asked that the heat be turned up. The waitress' response to this was that it was 76 degrees in the restaurant and that she was warm but she would go check. It was cold the whole evening and our table as well as the people next to us had to wear our coats throughout dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food small misses on serviceEatingOutNationwideDined on 2/1/2014Food was flavorful and cooked well. Sauces were either too much or not enough depending on the dishes. That is more of a minor annoyance than a significant deterrent to enjoying the food. The service was a little slow, not always a bad thing, I would rather not feel rushed through a meal but some of the obvious items like fresh pepper for a salad had to be asked for. I would go back as all of the issues I had are generally visit specific as opposed to pervasive issues. If they happened again, I might reconsider but at this point I would recommend the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- new years evebanajogDined on 12/31/2013sent a email to the resturant,Everything was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 + REVIEWluv2dineDined on 12/31/2013Keep returning to Caprice frequently Great Food Great Service Favorite server Doreen Wish Caprice would open for Lunch Looking forward to next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitJimWDined on 12/31/2013Even though we only live about ten minutes from this restaurant this was our first visit. It was a last minute decision based on reading other reviews posted on the Open Table website. The occasion was New Year's Eve and we were not disappointed. The hostess was excellent and she made us feel welcome as soon as she greeted us. Our server did an excellent job of taking care of us and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone and we will be returning in the future.Special Features:
- only complaintPixieDined on 12/31/2013The only complaint we had was that we had a 5PM reservation on New Year's Eve. When we came in the restaurant was virtually empty, but the waitress (who was very good otherwise) rushed us along, even after we asked her not to. There was no reason for this because it was so early. Other than that, so complaints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good fooddtgtVIPDined on 12/28/2013As newcomers to South County, we have been searching for good restaurant choices beyond the obvious: La Meseria and Siena. We found one in Caprice. Consistently good and a great value. We also enjoy the sister restaurant, Tavern By the Sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Intimate restaurantwjdjrDined on 12/24/2013This is a nice intimate restaurant that straddles the reasonably price category and sub-fine dining experience. You can have a nice entree or choose burgers and appetizer. The food was good and the atmosphere has a nice amber based modern touch. A much better overall bargain than a chain based restaurant.Special Features:
- Saturday NightKBL1954VIPDined on 12/21/2013We had dinner at Caprice on Saturday night. I made reservations expecting it to be very busy. Much to our surprise, it was pretty quiet. All four of us enjoyed our meals and the service was outstanding. It was our first visit to Caprice and I would highly recommend. We, for sure, will be backSpecial Features:
- Not worth the priceTommy2x4Dined on 12/21/2013Food was OK, but nothing special and overall, not worth the price. My wife's entree was good, but I was disappointed with my entree. I had the 'Frutti Di Mare' linguini and it was bland, sauce was more water than tomato... definitely not worth the price. Not a terrible meal, but not something I'd be in a rush to get back to.
- Excellent food. Great value.dtgtVIPDined on 12/13/2013Excellent food. Great value. Nice decor. Consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing nightDennyDined on 11/29/2013Just a disappointing night...we've loved it in the past and this seemed to be an off night by way of service and our meals.
- Delicious as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013My husband and I went to Caprice this past weekend for my birthday, and it was delicious as always! The staff is always friendly and the food is never a disappointment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.StorminVIPDined on 11/4/2013Great neighborhood restaurant. Service was excellent. Will definitely return. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit toRussDined on 10/20/2013This was my first visit to Caprice. I found it checking available spots on Open Table. It was Sunday night and thus not very busy. The host and servers were all very friendly and observant. The menu is not large, but there were several specials. I tried a special appetizer of stuffed acorn squash. It was very good--stuffed with risotto, sweet Italian sausage, parmesan, tomatoes, etc. The main course was spaghettini Caprice. (I had noticed that several Open Table reviewers had that dish.) It had a very nice sauce and plenty of grilled scallops and shrimp. I only wished that I wasn't traveling so that I could have taken the rest of the past home with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 for 3!VincenzoDined on 10/12/2013This is the third time we have eaten at Caprice. Admittedly, this time is because we could get not get in at the time we wanted somewhere else. For the third time we were surprised by how perfect it was! Wife's birthday. Quiet, romantic, great food and service. We were so full from dinner that we declined the dessert offer. Host later returned with 2 homemade complimentary limoncello's! We did not decline. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemPAULROBINDined on 9/28/2013I was pleasantly surprised with my recent dining experience at Caprice. The food was fresh, delicious and thoughtfully presented. The kitchen was kind enough to split the Ceasar salad. We both ordered fish dishes which were cooked to perfection. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. I can't wait to revisit Caprice.Special Features:
- great dining experienceMrsCarpDined on 9/14/2013Service, foos, ambience, everything was spot on. Never felt rushed, just a nice place, can't get the Caprice Spaghettini out of my mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013We had a wonderful meal at the restaurant last Saturday evening (on my birthday) with some friends. We always enjoy our dinner at Caprice but Saturday night was especially good. I had the special sole entree. My husband had the baked seafood dish. We all shared the muscles appetizer. They were delicious! They were sweet and plump and tender. We have never had a bad meal, and the service is very good! Definitely 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Scrod Franchese was excellent.shm1Dined on 8/24/2013The Scrod Franchese was excellent. Good value for the food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!BunnyVIPDined on 7/24/2013This was not our first time at Caprice and once again was an enjoyable evening, good food and great service. Because it was during the week, the restaurant was not crowded which made it even more enjoyable to be able to have a conversation without a lot of background noise. I don't understand why more people don't go out during the evening to avoid the crowds. Had calamari, crab cakes, split the chicken rollatini with my friend and still had leftovers and was delicious! The 2 other guests had Penne Gorgonzola and Gnocchi with pink vodka sauce which they made special for her. Had a really nice bottle of wine that was suggested by our server and absolutely no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding and serviceExcellentVIPDined on 7/13/2013Food was outstanding and service was good even though the restaurant was full. Our table was ready upon arrival and the overall experience was very positive. We had been there before and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairSoWhatDined on 7/5/2013Food was just ok. Wait staff was flighty, a nuisance more than help. Restaurant was practically empty and we we rushed to order our meal because there was a large party coming in!!! Seriously????!!!! Waitress removed plates ( bread) before we were finished Left appetizer plates in place of bread plates . It was as if she was confused.
- Overall excellent experience,CtravDined on 6/21/2013Overall excellent experience, good service, food delicious, will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious Family MealDinnerdatesandHappymatesDined on 6/16/2013I went with my family to celebrate Father's Day! We all throughly enjoyed our meals. My meal was absolutely delicious! I got the spaghettini caprice - spaghetti, spinach, scallops and shrimp in a brandy tomato cream sauce - to die for! It was so good! I recommend it to everyone, and I cannot wait to go back and order it again. We also had a couple pitchers of the red sangria - which easily gave five people a full glass each from one pitcher. It was sweet and tangy! Very enjoyable. We were very happy with our meals and would glady return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time. We'll be backhappy2BhereVIPDined on 5/26/2013Our first time. We'll be back when we're in the area.Special Features:
- Is that supposed to be Bolognese?LouInPortsmouthVIPDined on 5/25/2013I have enjoyed Pasta Bolognese in many restaurants including in Bologna, Italy. It is traditionally more of a 'brownish' sauce - not a red sauce as it is served at Caprice. The meat ingredients were correct, but the preparation was off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013We love Caprice it's our go to place for a special night out,or just dinner for my husband and I. Everyone there is wonderful, we always enjoy ourselves so much!Special Features:
- Long WaitArl1203waitDined on 5/22/2013Got there at 6:30. Got drinks, placed order, got bread then waited like an hour for our food. Waitress never came to check on us or explain what was taking so long. Finally we said something to the hostess and within five minutes our food came out. Only two if us, ordered a pasta dish and a cheeseburger! They did give us coffee and dessert on the house but I wouldn't rush back!
- Don't miss outJan55Dined on 5/17/2013Good food and atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly staff. Good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedYankees27Dined on 5/17/2013Made reservation for 30th anniversary on Tues for Sat. Requested corner table.Hostess said it was requested. No one seated until 75 minutes after we were sat.No one acknowledged our 30th. Two entrees arrived 5 minutes after the first two were tabled. Waitress cleared table( dishes, bread, etc) while one in the party was still eating. Waitress never asked how the meal was. Ordered Lemon Berry Cake that was partially frozen and has some freezer burn. Planned to order Champagne with Apps and Pinot Noir for dinner but did not. Went to Sienna, had Champagne. Staff was excited to see we stopped in for Champagne and after dinner drink. Felt appreciated. Explain to me why I should want to return? Thank you for your time and consideration.
- As always the food and serviceJoeyDined on 5/11/2013As always the food and service were excellent. Rachelle has waited on us before and actually worked a private function I had and she is very attentive and pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Not impressed with the food and the price was high for the quality. The steaks were very overcooked, inedible for one. The pasta dishes are good but the steaks are terrible. This is my 3rd time eating there and second time eating steak. Haven't had a good steak there yet.Special Features:
- we were two couples. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013we were two couples. Everyone said their dish was fantastic. Drinks were great, and service was great as well. Even though it is an "open space", it wasn't loud, and still felt pretty intimate.Special Features: