2 Pine Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccios.com/
- Phone: 4014211320
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
Fri 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sat 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sun 4:00 - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sandro Britto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: From the simplicity of an intimate candlelight dinner with friends to the unforgettable event beyond the conventional, Capriccio is dedicated to assisting you every step of the way with customized menus, staffing and impeccable attention to detail.
- Private Party Facilities: Capriccio offers a choice of 4 elegant dining rooms for private parties with capacities of 100, 60, 30 and 20 guests, respectively. The full restaurant is also available for larger banquets, weddings, parties, receptions and meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Vincenzo Iemma 4014211320
A word from Capriccio
Luxurious Capriccio, carved out of the cellars of a Financial District landmark, is located along the Providence Riverwalk at the corner of Dyer & Pine Streets. It has long been the capital city’s renowned mecca for candlelight sophistication and black tie service “where locals and out-of-towners are deliciously pampered.” Creative continental cuisine with a northern Italian and Mediterranean accent has earned it over 35 awards for fine dining and wines. Signature dishes include imported Dover sole, Maine lobster, prime aged steaks, native seafood, housemade pastas, and flambeed desserts. Recipient of the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence, its elegant lounge boasts one of America’s great Cognac collections. Open weekdays for lunch, daily for dinner. Complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Capriccio - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Capriccio reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (87)notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome food, great vibehotmarlinDined on 8/16/2014Roll yourself back to a top-tier Mad-man style restaurant and you have Capriccio. The food is awesome, the service attentive, and the general vibe reminds you of what it means to have a fine meal... I have used Capriccio for important business meetings, family gatherings, and special occasions and it has never left me with a moment's regret. Perhaps the best testament to how fine an establishment Capriccio is is that my repeat business guests request it by name...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our first dining experience at Capriccio's was fabulous. The food was rich and delicious. The waiter was the best. Highly recommend for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestJunieDined on 8/2/2014I have been eating at Capriccio's Restaurant for 35+ years - one of my favorite restaurants. We ate at Capriccio's last month during Providence Restaurant Week and were very happy to learn that they were still offering that 3 course menu for $35 - what a great deal!I had Carpaccio with truffle oil - American Kobe beef sliced paper-thin, fresh and delicious. For my entree, I had scallops - sweet and cooked perfectly with a polenta cake that was crisp on the outside and soft inside. My friend had perfect veal parmigiana - pounded thin, but still moist and tender veal. He had Tiramisu and I had Panna cotta for dessert - both sweet, creamy and delicious. The waitstaff anticipates your needs - always available without hovering. Love this place!Special Features:
- SUPERB!FussyDinersDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner for our 45th anniversary the other night and it was superb, as always. This is such a great restaurant, the quality of the food and service are second to none. The attention to detail is wonderful, the food preparation table side is pure entertainment.Special Features:
- Capriccio Does Not DisappointLongmeadowgalDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I dined here on Friday night - restaurant week menu was available although we opted to order from regular menu. We ordered different things- both entrees were very good. Our server, Jane, was excellent - attentive but not hovering. At night's end, we asked that the Maitre'd call us a cab - he offered to have the restaurant's limo driver take us back to our hotel - very nice gesture. When intown again, we would definitely plan to eat here again.Special Features:
- Great foodRob1764VIPDined on 7/31/2014I ordered the seafood cake as an appetizer, a 1.25 lb lobster with linguini and the tiramisu. Everything was very good. The linguini was a bit overcooked, but overall, the meal was very good. My BF got the veal parmigiana and it was one of the best I have had in a long while. The breading was made with good quality bread crumbs, cheese, spices and other complex flavors that made every crispy bite, just delicious. The gnocchi that came with the veal was delightful. A nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Disappointed by the level of service from this restaurant, a recommended dish from the wait staff was misleading and the dish was returned, only to have the Manager be confrontational and asking why it was returned instead of offering a solution.
- PostmasterDined on 7/22/2014Was disappointed. Brought a friend to celebrate a milestone. Service was exceptionally slow, open packet of breadsticks was in our basket. Built up the bar selection and then didn't have what was asked for. But it was the slow service and lack of attention that was disappointing. The maitre'd did send an after dinner drink over in honor of the occasion. That was a nice touch, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterpetersDined on 7/21/2014An amazing restaurant. In my top 10 worldwide. Incredible menu with extraordinary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteDessyDined on 7/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant in RI. I come here every year for my birthday. The waiters are so friendly and attentive. The drinks and food are both phenomenal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekPMFoodieDined on 7/19/2014We chose selections from the restaurant week menu and everything was excellent! Great value. We have been here a couple of times and the food and service is always good. Compared to other places we have tried the selection for restaurant week is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined during restaurant week with another couple. I have a food allergy which was addressed by an outstanding waiter. (sorry did not get his name) He told me not to worry; he would take care of everything. He did! I had the seafood cakes; salmon with risotto, all made special for me! I could tell from others at the table who had the dishes prepared as described on the menu. The 3 choices for dessert all contained my allergic ingredient so the waiter prepared a multi color sorbet, which I enjoyed immensely. My husband had the veal parmigiana; best he's ever had!!! Eveyone enjoyed their meals; good selection to choose from and portions were quite ample. We are definitely going back for another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtacitiaDined on 7/18/2014First the good things about this restaurant: the ambience is very good, and the waiters are very professional and polite. The wine list is impressive. The food, however, is simply mediocre. The pork loin I ordered was very oily and bland. The portion was huge, which might count as a plus for some but not for me. I ordered riso as appetizer which was pretty good, though.Special Features:
- ClassicJessicaDined on 7/17/2014Classic food in a nice setting, a bit dark inside, but adds to the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Week GemChooseyinriDined on 7/14/2014Who could resist a 3 course dinner at Capricio's for $34.95. The menu had good selection and the service was gracious. The caesar salad was the best I've had in a long time. Our entrees were ample and the Panna Cotta a treat. With the selection available I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- JaimieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Known institution around Rhode Island. Unfortunately the food left much to be desired, it certainly wasn't bad food but not memorable either. Could have had the same thing somewhere else and it probably would have been better. The menu has been the same since it opened.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambience.Dlw120Dined on 7/13/2014Had dinner with my husband while visiting Providence. Every course was delicious and the service was very attentive. Loved the romantic hideaway ambiance. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its so RIeatmorefoodDined on 7/12/2014food is great. definitely a place to show off your money and rhode islanders are big on showing off.Special Features:
- A jewel in ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014I have been frequenting Capriccio's for over 25years. I have brought many, many business clients there over the years and never been disappointed. Most clients ask to go back when they return to Providence. The quality of food is superb and is always consistent. The service, ambiance and Italian dishes are always great. In fact Gino (the Dover Sole expert) has been working there for 38 years. Some of the meals are actually prepared table side. Located in the heart of the city and it is always a destination. Good wine selection. Go there with confidence that the experience will be memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and loved itmrtbuckDined on 7/11/2014Having lived in RI for many years this was the first time I've eaten at Capriccio. It was a celebration for having closed on a house and gotten a new job. In years past I heard it was very expensive. I was surprised to find the pricing reasonable for the quality of food and service. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. I had a Haddock special that was cooked perfectly. My wife had the veal and the artichoke and Mozzarella it was prepared with was a beautiful combination. The building itself was lovely and had the touch of history of the stone walls with a mixture of newer architecture that complimented each other and felt quite comfortable. Wholeheartedly loved the experience.Special Features:
- Always deliciousCameronFXDined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here during restaurant week and just on special occasions. The food is always delicious and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant!FoodLover5Dined on 7/9/2014I went here during restaurant week with two friends, and will most definitely be coming back again, restaurant week or not! The setting is great, classy and elegant. The staff was very attentive and friendly and made us feel welcomed. The food was amazing, perfectly cooked, I had lobster and linguini in a red sauce and it was phenomenal. I'm usually not a fan of red sauces but this sauce had a lot of flavor, and the lobster was great! The next time I come back I will most definitely be getting the filet mignon, as my friend got this and it just melted in your mouth, no need for a steak knife! I can't wait to go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining in ProvidenceAttleboroFoodieDined on 7/3/2014Walking down into this restaurant is like stepping back about 30 years. The menu is classic, the service very formal and the ambiance was just ok. Perhaps it would seem cozy in the winter, but a cellar restaurant in the summer just feels dark. We had the scallop appetizer and raw bar for our appetizers which were good and then scallops and the beef risotto for our entrees which were, again, good, nothing amazing. My husband's favorite item was the cannoli. In a town full of excellent restaurants, there are better choices for the same price point as this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything top notchTeeSDined on 7/3/2014Amazing caprese, the veal dishes are outstanding. Perfect service and terrific atmosphere. Capriccio is the tops, baby!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKashDined on 7/2/2014Great food, great service, and wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014I was disappointed in the food both the taste and the presentation. It was just ordinary. The waiter was very hard to understand. He had a very heavy accent. I always looked forward to a meal at Capriccio. They must improve their cuisine because there is so much competition out there.Special Features:
- A memorable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We took friends from Greece and NYC to Capriccio for a typically New England dinner. The appetizers were interesting and delicious. Our guests both had whole lobsters and we had the duck and the tuna. Everything was prepared perfectly and the presentation was excellent. The cannoli for dessert had delectable filling and no sogginess. I highly recommend Capriccio, especially if you are looking for a broad seafood selection.Special Features:
- Superb meal, superb dining roomRabelaisDined on 6/28/2014We tried Capriccio because the menu looked outstanding and the restaurant is perfectly situated to walk out the door after dinner and right into the Waterfire display. The Beef Wellington, a classic on the menu, was off the charts, with a really superb mushroom and reduction sauce spooned over it after it is cut (the waiter called it the "sauce of the gods"...seems about right). This Beef Wellington is done the right way, in an individual pastry as opposed to cut from a larger piece, which they present as a whole, then they slice it and spoon on the sauce. My companion had a duck special that was also exceptional. The wine list is skewed to the expensive side, with the bulk of bottles in the $200-350 range, but nice wines.Special Features:
- Delicious food,fantastic servicejune2014Dined on 6/21/2014Can't remember server's name, young,slim man, wonderful server, very attentive,nice addition to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Awful waiter. Way too formal, down to the studded cufflinks. Never offered us a fixed price for lunch, never offered us a lunch menu. When we asked if they had a wine list (since none was on the table or give to us), he simply said "yes." Finally, after back-and-forth, he asked if we would like to see the wine list. Uh yes idiot! Completely overpriced lunch. Only our table and one other occupied. Now I see why. It seemed like we were bothering him when we needed something.
- Fancy livingGoodgoodDined on 6/19/2014Great place, food was excellent. Alcohol was very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maitre'DwngtaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was good, service was good, but the maitre'd must be a relative of the owner because he was rude and unprofessional. No business would deliberately hire someone with his demeanor.
- Outstanding!IBChowinVIPDined on 6/14/2014One of the best restaurants in Providence. Outstanding decor, drinks, dinners, service, even the valets are nice. No room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationrobscoDined on 6/8/2014We went to Capriccio for a celebration. The food was excellent, nice selections on the menu. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always 1st ClassGoodnightout99VIPDined on 6/7/2014Cappriccio never disappoints. We have been here at least 50 times and it is the class of Providence for fine dining,Special Features:
- Superior service and excellent foodmissri1986Dined on 6/7/2014My boyfriend and I were treated to dinner Saturday evening with two other couples. The food was outstanding as was the service. Truly exceptional all around. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Capriccio's, a Rhode Island institution for more than 30 years.Special Features:
- SureThingSureThingDined on 6/7/2014We had not been to Capriccios for years but wanted to dine before the theater and naturally thought of this wonderful restaurant. It was just as great as it had been years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful meal and experience!! Fabulous wait staff and delicious food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/2/2014We had a wonderful dining experience here. We had eaten here in January during Providence Restaurant Week and decided to come for my husband's birthday. The only reason for 4 stars was that the potatoes that came with the veal and truffles were so salty that they were almost inedible. Everything else was excellent. My husband loved the veal oscar! This is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special nightBostonBillDined on 6/2/2014A terrific night for us. It was a Monday night, so we needed a restaurant that was open. The minute we walked in we were met by Sal,the manager, who helped select the perfect table. Eric our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and made the evening the special night it turned into for us. We had an incredible meal. The wine selection is unbelievable, and we had not one but two bottles of Montrachet (one we took home to the terrace at our hotel). The sommelier was as wonderful and helpful as the other members of the staff. The chef cam from the kitchen to talk speak to us personally. This was a very special evening in every sense of the word. We will return again and again!Special Features: