2 Pine Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccios.com/
- Phone: 4014211320
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
Fri 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sat 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sun 4:00 - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sandro Britto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: From the simplicity of an intimate candlelight dinner with friends to the unforgettable event beyond the conventional, Capriccio is dedicated to assisting you every step of the way with customized menus, staffing and impeccable attention to detail.
- Private Party Facilities: Capriccio offers a choice of 4 elegant dining rooms for private parties with capacities of 100, 60, 30 and 20 guests, respectively. The full restaurant is also available for larger banquets, weddings, parties, receptions and meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Vincenzo Iemma 4014211320
A word from Capriccio
Luxurious Capriccio, carved out of the cellars of a Financial District landmark, is located along the Providence Riverwalk at the corner of Dyer & Pine Streets. It has long been the capital city’s renowned mecca for candlelight sophistication and black tie service “where locals and out-of-towners are deliciously pampered.” Creative continental cuisine with a northern Italian and Mediterranean accent has earned it over 35 awards for fine dining and wines. Signature dishes include imported Dover sole, Maine lobster, prime aged steaks, native seafood, housemade pastas, and flambeed desserts. Recipient of the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence, its elegant lounge boasts one of America’s great Cognac collections. Open weekdays for lunch, daily for dinner. Complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Capriccio - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Capriccio reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (79)notable wine list (71)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always specialRIerDined on 10/18/2014The food and service are spectacular, a true experience. Furthermore, they are lovely with children so it is a great place for a special celebration. This place can compete with the best of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we have found in ProvOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Over the last month or so we have dined at 5 restaurants in the Providence/Federal Hill area. The food and service here was the best we have had.Special Features:
- Old School ItalianDoniboyDined on 10/15/2014Waiters in Tuxes. Old School Italian dining in a dark, atmospheric basement. It is really cool for fans of GoodFellas.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningJohnRDined on 10/11/2014A+ for this restaraunt always a very romantic night out , pleasant staff and elegant atmosphere ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Great food raised the score after a disappointing impression of a restaurant with an excellent reputation for many years. From the valet who was to engrossed in talking to friends than coming to get the car, to waiters talking to a friend at the bar while waiting for drinks to be made, to a bar tender who had no sign of an engaging personality, to generally unfriendly waiters, the service was a negative "wow." I kept thinking of how they needed someone to come in and shake up the status quo. A pity.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianAKettsVIPDined on 10/5/2014We have been here twice for dinner. The food is amazing and the wine selection is good. The waiters always have excellent recommendations, are willing to make alterations for food choices and are very knowledgeable about the wine. We have been recommended two very good bottles, one more expensive than the other, and have never been disappointed. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinning2RomanticsDined on 10/4/2014We dinned at Capriccio's for my girlfriend's birthday....the wine, dinner, service was 5 Star Rating. Highly recommend Capriccio's!!!!!Special Features:
- It pains me to write this.JustMeDined on 10/4/2014Very disappointed . Anniversary dinner-noted the occasion when I made the reservation . seated at a tiny table, in the corner near large table of 8. they were notorious noisy but we felt totally neglected by waitstaff. Have had better waiters at Applebee's . Did not ask how things were, no ground pepper or grated cheese offered, not an iota of charm in his service. I stupidly took his suggestion and ordered the special lamb shank. Hubby got veal parm. My was tasteless . Hubby's fine but small portion. They never acknowledged our anniversary . Paid a huge price for a mediocre meal and indifferent service. Capriccio was so disappointing as it was noted to be romantic venue but will never go back nor recommend it.
- Best in Providence!IBChowinVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Capriccio several times. It's always outstanding! There are several good restaurants in Providence but I have to say... Capriccio is the best. From the valets to the servers, decor is comfortable and very nice, dinners are outstanding, great wine list. Mixed drinks are perfect. I save this place for special occasions but I really should go more often. Capriccio is the standard by which the others are judged. No room for improvement. Not cheap but a good value for the money. If you want to impress... this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the 50'sJaysBostonDined on 9/27/2014Over the top in price and ambiance. Food was extremely good and well prepared. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Overpriced and underperformingBackagainDined on 9/19/2014We're were there nearly an hour before the salad course was delivered, and waited a long time before that before our drink order was taken. The food was "good," but not up to the price.
- Awesome in every wayMicksweenDined on 9/19/2014Perfect place for a date.cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccSpecial Features:
- Best spur of the moment dining..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I hadn't counted on going out for dinner that evening, but on a whim we decide to try Capriccio's. It was better than expected. Food was delicious and the wait staff couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great ambianceMcHammerDined on 9/18/2014The food is always good and the atmosphere is classy. This is the perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner or business dinner when you are looking to impress. The wait staff is professional and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible restaurantMrtravelDined on 9/13/2014If you're looking for a restaurant with an old world charm, excellent food and great service, this is the place. We eat here a couple times of year and it's consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Best!Jayco31Dined on 9/13/2014Capriccio took careof all our needs with fantastic service and good. Special attention given to the food allergy in our party(gluten, dairy an shellfish). Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentNocoDined on 9/10/2014Our waiter rushed though the specials barely returned to the table to ask if we were enjoying our meal and forget about refilling our glasses with our $100+ bottle of wine. The only enjoyable part of the evening was the food. It was delicious but in no way made up for the atmosphere our waiter created. Our waiter was condescending, abrupt and his behavior was completely unacceptable. Maybe our waiter thought that since we were two women dining together he didn’t have to put in any effort. Clearly we know he could since we both witnessed him showering the nearby tables with attention.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014The service was out of this world. The food was to die for. We highly recommend to everyone! !!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightBlackPearlDined on 9/6/2014Capriccios is where I proposed to my wife 22 years ago and after 22 years of marriage, we still enjoy coming here to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service after all these years! We sat in private room #2 and were nicely attended to while served a delicious meal.Special Features:
- YummyDined on 8/29/2014We went to Capriccio with 2 other couples after reading some reviews. Most reviews loved the food but not the service. Well, we could not have asked for better service! Don, our waiter, was knowledgable and witty! We were not rushed and enjoyed every bite. Loved the decor! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Capriccio's is a great restaurant!FloridavisitorDined on 8/29/2014And has been for years. Food is outstanding. Ambiance, romantic, great wine list, delicious food & the best service. Rob, our waiter was outstanding. This is the place to go when dining in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- *****Goodnightout99VIPDined on 8/23/2014Capriccio's is by far the best fine dining restaurant in Providence. The menu is authentic and diverse with exceptional accouterments . The Flambe is classic and unrivaled. We bring out of town guests here and they instantly know why Providence is a little known gem for culture and style. The staff is truly professional, service is 2nd to none and the Captain Steve is one of a kind and remarkable.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!klp411Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Capriccio's and I have to say the food was absolutely amazing! Everything was cooked perfectly and the options for all courses were great. Our server (Nick) was very accommodating and made sure that our dining experience was perfect. The only downfall was that there was not enough room on our table for the food. Also, the noise level was a bit ridiculous and I think the large group of people at the table near us was served a bit too much to drink, however I know this is not the fault of the restaurant. We will definitely be back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great vibehotmarlinDined on 8/16/2014Roll yourself back to a top-tier Mad-man style restaurant and you have Capriccio. The food is awesome, the service attentive, and the general vibe reminds you of what it means to have a fine meal... I have used Capriccio for important business meetings, family gatherings, and special occasions and it has never left me with a moment's regret. Perhaps the best testament to how fine an establishment Capriccio is is that my repeat business guests request it by name...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our first dining experience at Capriccio's was fabulous. The food was rich and delicious. The waiter was the best. Highly recommend for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/wine, not waiterTravelpage1Dined on 8/9/2014First time at Capriccio's (I live in California); we went to WaterFire afterwards. Great location--just walk across the street to see it! Wonderful food and wine, service OK, but our waiter had us wondering. He said he had worked there for 38 years, but he didn't give us his full attention when taking our order and answering questions. He was looking around at the other waiters and tables a lot. It was very hard to get his attention when we needed something else, like more butter, etc. But overall we enjoyed everything immensely and I would go back! Valet parking was a plus, especially since the WaterFire events increase traffic dramatically and makes parking elsewhere difficult. Go early (5:30 PM) and then you will not be rushed.Special Features:
- Simply the BestJunieDined on 8/2/2014I have been eating at Capriccio's Restaurant for 35+ years - one of my favorite restaurants. We ate at Capriccio's last month during Providence Restaurant Week and were very happy to learn that they were still offering that 3 course menu for $35 - what a great deal!I had Carpaccio with truffle oil - American Kobe beef sliced paper-thin, fresh and delicious. For my entree, I had scallops - sweet and cooked perfectly with a polenta cake that was crisp on the outside and soft inside. My friend had perfect veal parmigiana - pounded thin, but still moist and tender veal. He had Tiramisu and I had Panna cotta for dessert - both sweet, creamy and delicious. The waitstaff anticipates your needs - always available without hovering. Love this place!Special Features:
- SUPERB!FussyDinersDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner for our 45th anniversary the other night and it was superb, as always. This is such a great restaurant, the quality of the food and service are second to none. The attention to detail is wonderful, the food preparation table side is pure entertainment.Special Features:
- Capriccio Does Not DisappointLongmeadowgalDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I dined here on Friday night - restaurant week menu was available although we opted to order from regular menu. We ordered different things- both entrees were very good. Our server, Jane, was excellent - attentive but not hovering. At night's end, we asked that the Maitre'd call us a cab - he offered to have the restaurant's limo driver take us back to our hotel - very nice gesture. When intown again, we would definitely plan to eat here again.Special Features:
- Great foodRob1764VIPDined on 7/31/2014I ordered the seafood cake as an appetizer, a 1.25 lb lobster with linguini and the tiramisu. Everything was very good. The linguini was a bit overcooked, but overall, the meal was very good. My BF got the veal parmigiana and it was one of the best I have had in a long while. The breading was made with good quality bread crumbs, cheese, spices and other complex flavors that made every crispy bite, just delicious. The gnocchi that came with the veal was delightful. A nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Disappointed by the level of service from this restaurant, a recommended dish from the wait staff was misleading and the dish was returned, only to have the Manager be confrontational and asking why it was returned instead of offering a solution.
- PostmasterDined on 7/22/2014Was disappointed. Brought a friend to celebrate a milestone. Service was exceptionally slow, open packet of breadsticks was in our basket. Built up the bar selection and then didn't have what was asked for. But it was the slow service and lack of attention that was disappointing. The maitre'd did send an after dinner drink over in honor of the occasion. That was a nice touch, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterpetersDined on 7/21/2014An amazing restaurant. In my top 10 worldwide. Incredible menu with extraordinary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteDessyDined on 7/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant in RI. I come here every year for my birthday. The waiters are so friendly and attentive. The drinks and food are both phenomenal.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekPMFoodieDined on 7/19/2014We chose selections from the restaurant week menu and everything was excellent! Great value. We have been here a couple of times and the food and service is always good. Compared to other places we have tried the selection for restaurant week is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined during restaurant week with another couple. I have a food allergy which was addressed by an outstanding waiter. (sorry did not get his name) He told me not to worry; he would take care of everything. He did! I had the seafood cakes; salmon with risotto, all made special for me! I could tell from others at the table who had the dishes prepared as described on the menu. The 3 choices for dessert all contained my allergic ingredient so the waiter prepared a multi color sorbet, which I enjoyed immensely. My husband had the veal parmigiana; best he's ever had!!! Eveyone enjoyed their meals; good selection to choose from and portions were quite ample. We are definitely going back for another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtacitiaDined on 7/18/2014First the good things about this restaurant: the ambience is very good, and the waiters are very professional and polite. The wine list is impressive. The food, however, is simply mediocre. The pork loin I ordered was very oily and bland. The portion was huge, which might count as a plus for some but not for me. I ordered riso as appetizer which was pretty good, though.Special Features:
- ClassicJessicaDined on 7/17/2014Classic food in a nice setting, a bit dark inside, but adds to the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Week GemChooseyinriDined on 7/14/2014Who could resist a 3 course dinner at Capricio's for $34.95. The menu had good selection and the service was gracious. The caesar salad was the best I've had in a long time. Our entrees were ample and the Panna Cotta a treat. With the selection available I will definitely be back.Special Features: