2 Pine Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccios.com/
- Phone: (401) 421-1320
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
Fri 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sat 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sun 4:00 - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sandro Britto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: From the simplicity of an intimate candlelight dinner with friends to the unforgettable event beyond the conventional, Capriccio is dedicated to assisting you every step of the way with customized menus, staffing and impeccable attention to detail.
- Private Party Facilities: Capriccio offers a choice of 4 elegant dining rooms for private parties with capacities of 100, 60, 30 and 20 guests, respectively. The full restaurant is also available for larger banquets, weddings, parties, receptions and meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Vincenzo Iemma 4014211320
A word from Capriccio
Luxurious Capriccio, carved out of the cellars of a Financial District landmark, is located along the Providence Riverwalk at the corner of Dyer & Pine Streets. It has long been the capital city’s renowned mecca for candlelight sophistication and black tie service “where locals and out-of-towners are deliciously pampered.” Creative continental cuisine with a northern Italian and Mediterranean accent has earned it over 35 awards for fine dining and wines. Signature dishes include imported Dover sole, Maine lobster, prime aged steaks, native seafood, housemade pastas, and flambeed desserts. Recipient of the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence, its elegant lounge boasts one of America’s great Cognac collections. Open weekdays for lunch, daily for dinner. Complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Capriccio - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Capriccio reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (70)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DELICOUS!kpendergastDined on 11/22/2014We all had such a wonderful dinner. The food was amazing as well as the service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was somewhat disappointed this time.LynSpin9Dined on 11/21/2014While the meal was good, I was expecting exceptional. The scallops ordinarily are super tender and fresh. This time they were tough and the usual Capriccio taste was not there. This would not prevent me from going back because everything else was fabulous and I've been there often enough to know that this had to be just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Ask for a veal parm on the bone and extra marinara sauce on the side. Not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic experience !!!seadog24Dined on 11/18/2014It was a splendid meal, enjoyed by all in our party. The consensus - it was one of the best Italian dinners ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food, service and decor was excellent as it always isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but a few flawsBagmanDined on 11/8/2014We have been frequenting Capricco's for many years and have been pleased with their consistantly good food and service. We went to celebrate a birthday and was a little disappointed. One of the dishes , prepared tableside, was not up to par as Gino was preparing two dishes at the same time and the patron at the other table had specific dietary requests that required Gino to alter his cooking method. Rather than prepare the dish twice, he just threw in the last ingredient at the end. Not professional. Last, I had called ahead asking for a birthday cake and candle. Nothing came. Glad there are other choices for fine dining in Providence... it's time to give Capricco's a rest.Special Features:
- Great MenuribdaleDined on 11/5/2014Menu offers many different and classic selections. Just don't go into the city enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Me and my fiance went here for our ten year anniversary. It was outstanding! The entire night we didnt have to open a door, pull out a chair, pour a drink. The service was great! The filet mignon was the best we have ever had! The waiter was very knowelgable and nice! Everyone that works there was ery nice from our waiter to the coat check woman to the valet men. We will definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious. Service a bit slow, although they were slammed. My boyfriend ordered the lobster. It came stuffed with scallops and shrimp and very little lobster meat, and was charged $60. We felt that was a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNOITALLDined on 11/1/2014As it should be, Capriccio delivers! What a fantastic dinner. It's the good old school restaurant that does not skip a beat. Servers are top notch, food was fresh and delicious, table side flambé always a crown pleaser and delicious. It definitely exceeded my expectations, I expected it might be outdated with the classic menu etc. but, no way, they really still have it! Place was hopping too, so, they are definitely doing something right. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. It is not just "dinner" it is a dining experience, super one at that.Special Features:
- HungryMomVIPDined on 11/1/2014Decent, but not as a remember it. Seems to have lost some of its luster.
- Off NightBullet9Dined on 10/25/2014Did not have a great dining experience at this restaurant. Three of us agreed that we would not be returning.Special Features:
- Special diningluv2eatoutDined on 10/25/2014Loved this restaurant. It was not our first time, but it has been consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Proximity of tables hindered our romantic 50th birthday celebration - being seated on top of a large party and having to listen to their conversations all evening. The food was standard: good, but not exactly memorable. Wine list is extensive but heavily weighted on high price selections (wished there had been more affordable, delicious options). Loved the atmosphere of the waiters in tuxes. The one shining moment of the evening was having a flambe dessert of cherries jubilee prepared tableside by ENZO - who was fabulous!Special Features:
- Best VealRaceweekVIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent meal. My wife and I had veal dishes. The veal is the best I ever tasted. The service was top notch. Great Italian bread!! Best restaurant in ProvidenceSpecial Features:
- Delicious!21atwellsDined on 10/22/2014I have been trying to get to this restaurant for some time now and it was well worth the wait! The restaurant is decorated very beautifully. Especially right now with pumpkins and signs of the fall season. I ordered the Scottish Salmon and it was cooked perfectly. I order Salmon every time I eat out and this dish was one of the best. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable about the items on the menu and extremely pleasant. Can't wait to get there again soon.Special Features:
- Nice quiet and romantic restaurant!joshDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I eat here at least once every year and it is one our favorite places to enjoy good food, good wine and of course each other!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialRIerDined on 10/18/2014The food and service are spectacular, a true experience. Furthermore, they are lovely with children so it is a great place for a special celebration. This place can compete with the best of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we have found in ProvOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Over the last month or so we have dined at 5 restaurants in the Providence/Federal Hill area. The food and service here was the best we have had.Special Features:
- Old School ItalianDoniboyDined on 10/15/2014Waiters in Tuxes. Old School Italian dining in a dark, atmospheric basement. It is really cool for fans of GoodFellas.Special Features:
- Romantic eveningJohnRDined on 10/11/2014A+ for this restaraunt always a very romantic night out , pleasant staff and elegant atmosphere ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014Great food raised the score after a disappointing impression of a restaurant with an excellent reputation for many years. From the valet who was to engrossed in talking to friends than coming to get the car, to waiters talking to a friend at the bar while waiting for drinks to be made, to a bar tender who had no sign of an engaging personality, to generally unfriendly waiters, the service was a negative "wow." I kept thinking of how they needed someone to come in and shake up the status quo. A pity.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianAKettsVIPDined on 10/5/2014We have been here twice for dinner. The food is amazing and the wine selection is good. The waiters always have excellent recommendations, are willing to make alterations for food choices and are very knowledgeable about the wine. We have been recommended two very good bottles, one more expensive than the other, and have never been disappointed. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinning2RomanticsDined on 10/4/2014We dinned at Capriccio's for my girlfriend's birthday....the wine, dinner, service was 5 Star Rating. Highly recommend Capriccio's!!!!!Special Features:
- It pains me to write this.JustMeDined on 10/4/2014Very disappointed . Anniversary dinner-noted the occasion when I made the reservation . seated at a tiny table, in the corner near large table of 8. they were notorious noisy but we felt totally neglected by waitstaff. Have had better waiters at Applebee's . Did not ask how things were, no ground pepper or grated cheese offered, not an iota of charm in his service. I stupidly took his suggestion and ordered the special lamb shank. Hubby got veal parm. My was tasteless . Hubby's fine but small portion. They never acknowledged our anniversary . Paid a huge price for a mediocre meal and indifferent service. Capriccio was so disappointing as it was noted to be romantic venue but will never go back nor recommend it.
- Best in Providence!IBChowinVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Capriccio several times. It's always outstanding! There are several good restaurants in Providence but I have to say... Capriccio is the best. From the valets to the servers, decor is comfortable and very nice, dinners are outstanding, great wine list. Mixed drinks are perfect. I save this place for special occasions but I really should go more often. Capriccio is the standard by which the others are judged. No room for improvement. Not cheap but a good value for the money. If you want to impress... this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the 50'sJaysBostonDined on 9/27/2014Over the top in price and ambiance. Food was extremely good and well prepared. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Overpriced and underperformingBackagainDined on 9/19/2014We're were there nearly an hour before the salad course was delivered, and waited a long time before that before our drink order was taken. The food was "good," but not up to the price.
- Awesome in every wayMicksweenDined on 9/19/2014Perfect place for a date.cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccSpecial Features:
- Best spur of the moment dining..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I hadn't counted on going out for dinner that evening, but on a whim we decide to try Capriccio's. It was better than expected. Food was delicious and the wait staff couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great ambianceMcHammerDined on 9/18/2014The food is always good and the atmosphere is classy. This is the perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner or business dinner when you are looking to impress. The wait staff is professional and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible restaurantMrtravelDined on 9/13/2014If you're looking for a restaurant with an old world charm, excellent food and great service, this is the place. We eat here a couple times of year and it's consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Best!Jayco31Dined on 9/13/2014Capriccio took careof all our needs with fantastic service and good. Special attention given to the food allergy in our party(gluten, dairy an shellfish). Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentNocoDined on 9/10/2014Our waiter rushed though the specials barely returned to the table to ask if we were enjoying our meal and forget about refilling our glasses with our $100+ bottle of wine. The only enjoyable part of the evening was the food. It was delicious but in no way made up for the atmosphere our waiter created. Our waiter was condescending, abrupt and his behavior was completely unacceptable. Maybe our waiter thought that since we were two women dining together he didn’t have to put in any effort. Clearly we know he could since we both witnessed him showering the nearby tables with attention.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014The service was out of this world. The food was to die for. We highly recommend to everyone! !!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightBlackPearlDined on 9/6/2014Capriccios is where I proposed to my wife 22 years ago and after 22 years of marriage, we still enjoy coming here to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service after all these years! We sat in private room #2 and were nicely attended to while served a delicious meal.Special Features:
- YummyDined on 8/29/2014We went to Capriccio with 2 other couples after reading some reviews. Most reviews loved the food but not the service. Well, we could not have asked for better service! Don, our waiter, was knowledgable and witty! We were not rushed and enjoyed every bite. Loved the decor! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Capriccio's is a great restaurant!FloridavisitorDined on 8/29/2014And has been for years. Food is outstanding. Ambiance, romantic, great wine list, delicious food & the best service. Rob, our waiter was outstanding. This is the place to go when dining in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- *****Goodnightout99VIPDined on 8/23/2014Capriccio's is by far the best fine dining restaurant in Providence. The menu is authentic and diverse with exceptional accouterments . The Flambe is classic and unrivaled. We bring out of town guests here and they instantly know why Providence is a little known gem for culture and style. The staff is truly professional, service is 2nd to none and the Captain Steve is one of a kind and remarkable.Special Features: