Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis
149 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.peabodymemphis.com/
- Phone: 9015295199x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:45am;
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch Daily: 10:45am - 2:00pm;
Late Lunch 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ana Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate groups of up to 24. For parties of 12 people or more we offer custom menus with several price ranges for lunch and dinner. This room is only available by contacting the group sales coordinator, Leslie Potter.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Potter 9015293675x
- Special Events: Contact the group sales coordinator at 901-529-3675 for your next private or group event and allow us to create the perfect meal and setting to exceed your guests' expectations.
A word from Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis
Capriccio Grill is an Italian Steakhouse specializing in US prime steaks and chops from the national purveyor, Ruprecht's of Chicago. Fresh lobster and seafood are delivered daily and the menu is rounded off with aromatic pasta dishes from la bella Italia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (17)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent BrunchLoves2eatDined on 9/28/2014This is a great place to have an excellent brunch on Sunday's. A wide variety of breakfast and lunch items and a delicious selection of desserts to choose from. Approximately $40.00 per person, but for us it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ummmmm?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014Typical hotel restaurant that food is not the focus. Service was very good but the food was mediocre, ordered the Caprese salad advertised with yellow tomatoes but received green tomatoes that I thought was an apple. The manager was apologetic and took it off the tab only to turn around and have to do the same thing with another table.
- CourtesyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Our waitress was very nice and courteous. She made us feel very comfortable as she was attentive to our table.The food was great.We loved the atmosphere. We will definitely dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRhettDined on 9/12/2014We don't usually go to,restaurants in hotels, however, The Peabody is not a normal hotel so we thought the restaurant would be good. We were not disappointed. The food, atmosphere and service were all very good. The menu had a nice selection of fish, steaks and pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come in hungry!!!FoodieCDined on 9/6/2014Awesome food. Portions are huge. We ordered steaks. Cooked to perfection. Too much to finish and I don't consider myself a lightweight. The sides are a la carte. Enough to share. The wedge salad was split between the two of us. It was served on separate plates. Looked like an entire wedge each. Convenient especially after a long drive and you are staying at the Peabody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Capriccio GrillMenuup2dateDined on 9/2/2014The food was very good but we were disappointed because we choose this restaurant after viewing their menu on line and seeing a prime rib on the menu. When we got to the restaurant it was not on the menu and the waitress said it had not been on the menu for over two months. So after being all set for a prime rib dinner we had to choose something else. They need to update their on-line menu. We probably would have selected another restaurant if we had known.Special Features:
- Peabody GemGAfoodieDined on 8/28/2014What could be bad about anything associated with the Peabody Hotel in Memphis? This certainly isn't. Deborah, our server, was a delight! We were seated with a wonderful view of the gorgeous fountain at the center of the lobby and were entertained by the pianist while we enjoyed our dinner. We will be visiting Memphis again soon and will be certain to dine here more than once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing MuchSmokeyVIPDined on 8/19/2014A fairly typical hotel restaurant experience - neither very good nor horrible.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Very nice staff fun and friendly. Good food and good fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Peabody in MemphisJoanDined on 8/1/2014Capriccio Grill has very good steaks, and is just off the lobby. We split the 12 oz. filet mignon, and had sides of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes, with wine. It was a wonderful evening. We preceded this with drinks in the lobby (known as Memphis' "front room"), a vibrant social meeting place, with nice piano music. All in all, a very pleasant experience at the Peabody.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerCharlieDined on 7/30/2014Food and service were excellent! It was the perfect dinner before the Michael Buble concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DetailsSteakofChoiceDined on 7/22/2014Excellent dinner for a group of eight. They really paid attention to the details of the individual orders. Excellent job and thank you.Special Features:
- Expensive for Mediocre FoodFoodLoverbutNotifIcookDined on 7/20/2014I recently had both dinner and breakfast at the Capriccio Grill. In short, service and food were not "Peabody quality". My companion and I both had steak dishes. Both were filets that were good cuts of beef, tender and cooked perfectly, but unseasoned. The "signature" dish came topped with crabmeat, asparagus and a poor excuse for hollandaise. It was served on an iron platter so hot that the meat continued to cook and the sauce fried. The other filet came with "diver scallops" (an extra $10) and consisted of two scallops the size of a nickel which were cooked to a chewing-gum consistency. Nothing was bad enough to send back, but it was just so disappointing. And, as for breakfast, go somewhere else.
- deopressoliber1Dined on 7/13/2014Anniversary dinner, food and environment were great! Everything was wonderful! Highly Recommend!Special Features:
- great findmaportsVIPDined on 7/12/2014great good, with impeccable service. will come back again and again.Special Features:
- slow service, ok foodMemphisfoodie123Dined on 7/11/2014Service was slow, food just ok especially for the priceSpecial Features:
- MemphisDinersDined on 6/28/2014Not impressed. My husband ordered the steak which was ok, but I ordered the veal Marsala which was awful! Wine list was pretty good.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerPleasedaspunchDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our 45th anniversary in Memphis. On the evening of the 28th of June we had dinner at the Capriccio Grill and enjoyed it tremendously. Our server, Josh treated us very well and we both loved our dinner entrees, the dessert, the service all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Love2eatDined on 6/25/2014The steak was amazing. The creme brûlée was amazing. The service was prompt. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peabody date nightDateNightDinerDined on 6/16/2014The food was delicious. We had a baby with us and they were very accommodating. Our waiter was wonderful - very knowledgable and accommodating, but unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmissouri55Dined on 6/6/2014The steak I had literally melted in my mouth. One of the best meals I have ever had. If you are in Memphis this is really the place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!HeatherJDined on 6/4/2014Get the bisque and the chopped salad! The steak was good but the other items we had were even better.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis reviews archive.
- Great Romantic EveninglovesteakDined on 5/31/2014Couldn't have been more pleased with our Saturday evening romantic dinner at Capriccio Grill at the Peabody. They not only followed up on my request for a private table but our server had just the right mix of personable, professionalism, giving us space but making sure we were attended to as well. The meal was fabulous, we both had very flavorful steaks cooked just right with creamy spinach, steak fries and mushrooms. The moment I took my first bite I thought I was in heaven, and the wine was out of this world! Everything is priced a la carte, but it was all well worth it for a great night out on the town!Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualmillybean08Dined on 5/7/2014I love Capriccio Grill the food ad service are beyond exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationcatuathomeDined on 5/4/2014We were in Memphis & staying at the Peabody for my 60th birthday & decided to book the Capriccio Grill as was attached to the hotel and had good reviews.We were not disappointed.The food was wonderful and such large portions so much so that when the Manager offered me a dessert 'on the house' as a birthday treat I had to refuse as I was so full.The Manager kindly gave me a 'Peabody Duck' biscuit instead. The service was impeccable and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service RecoveryCustomerFocusedDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I typically do not send food back, but when our filet specials were well done instead of medium rare we had no other choice. The waitress wa extremely apologetic however what truly highlighted this experience was when Chef Anna delivered our food herself with sincere apologies. This level customer sevice is often overlooked or rarely performed. My wife and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19 quinoa was not worth itPeabodyDined on 5/1/2014Pizza was good veggie quinoa, could hardly find the vegetables was the size of a side dish.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast, and would definintely recommend to anyone visiting Memphis. Then stay on to watch the Peaboby ducks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Absolutely amazing! The food was delicious, the staff was incredible and the service was too notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Cost- Chain Experiencedeb1rnDined on 4/8/2014They started out great, and the menu has great ideas, however there are definite problems with the delivery. We ordered wine, apps, salads and entrees. There was an extended wait for anything that came from the kitchen. Where they lost us is that they forgot one of the four entrees, and one that did get to the table was cold. They did not charge us for the cold one, but the other they did. The missing entrée, salmon, came out when everyone was finished eating, including the person with the cold entrée. This place is a no go for our group.
- good food without having toRananDined on 4/5/2014good food without having to leave the hotel... very happy ..I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Entree was very bland not worth the money charged for it. Food
- Consistent is GoodBikerdougVIPDined on 3/27/2014Typically good food and service. Very friendly and attentive. Hot items hot; cold items cold. Can't ask for much more than that. A little rowdy this trip as there were several groups of 6 and more in. Conferences, ball games, theater; goes with the territory I suppose. Make an occasion even more special and give Capriccio's a try. Likely, you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- The perfect choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The dim lighting, live pianist, and fantastic food and wine, made for a night that my wife I truly enjoyed. The steak was by far the best I've ever had and even down to the bread was flavorful. The waiter was extremely knowledgable and the entire staff welcoming and friendly. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmedmdlchic1230VIPDined on 3/2/2014Went here for sunday brunch. waffles were cold and chewy, mimosa was premixed bottled sweetness and omelette was not fulffy...in fact it was falling apart and they still served it. Not worth $40 and auto gratuity for 1 person. The server was actually nice but kept trying to take my plate when i wasnt done.
- excellent food, poor serviceexperiencedinerVIPDined on 3/1/2014Upon arrival with an existing reservation we waited at the host stand for over 10 min. While line was steadily building eith other patrons, some servers did acknowledge us, but did not expedite seating. Server was nout well verse on the menu. Considering this is an upscale place. Service was disappointing. The veal porterhouse and chopped salad were outstanding. No compliants about the food.Special Features:
- Dinner for friendsAndyDined on 2/24/2014Its been a while but the food was ordinary. 2 of our party had the chicken marsala which could have been better. The pasta was tough and poorly cooked and the sauce could have been more flavorful. Dessert was disappointing. The only decent food was the filet mignon which was cooked correctly and had a nice crust. The beef carpaccio was the redeeming feature. My wife could have had that for her entree. The cauliflower/raisin veggies could have been roasted better and not so soggy.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Plus TwoValentinesDined on 2/16/2014The seating was not good as our table for four was two tables for two pushed together. There was a gap and uneven table height as well. My "pear and endive" salad was served with melon instead of pear. When I quiried the waiter I got a short "I'll ask the kitchen" and no follow-up after that. I asked for a "well chilled" bottle of champagne and received room telperature champaign. The waiter never returned to re-fill glasses and had to be asked for a re-fill of water glasses. The entrees were perfect and the carrot and ginger risotto side dish was superb! Desserts were also excellent. I asked for coffee with cream and sugar and received luke-warm coffee. I had to ask again for cream and sugar. Left cold coffee on the table.
- Ridiculous portion- food just oklalaleVIPDined on 2/15/2014In town over Valentine's weekend and didn't think to make reservations that far ahead. This was about the only place we could get in and I can see why. The menu was very limited due to their "Valentine's Special" which was $65 a person. Ordered fried ravioli- definitely frozen and not very good. The bread basket was nice. My husband ordered the fish special. For $28 he received two tiny pieces of fish- maybe 3-4 inch portions. That was it. No sides included. No sauce. No garnish. I gave him some of my noodles so he wouldn't starve. I ordered a chicken dish which was actually pretty good. Had to ask more than once for a water refill. They were not very busy. Service was polite. Overall it was very disappointing.
- Pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014The restaurant was located in the beautiful Peabody located very near the Orpheum Theatre. They offered a Pre-fixe menu with delicious foods, however the staff didn't seem to know about the menu, and upon asking about the menu they explicitly said they did not offer such a menu. I had to show them the website before our waitress went to inquire about and bring us that menu.Special Features: