Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccioatlanticcity.com/
- Phone: 8003227469x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Klawitter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
The fine dining experience of Capriccio has been an Atlantic City tradition since the inception of Resorts Casino in 1978. Gourmet Italian cuisine prepared with passion and tradition. Capriccio has an exquisitely confortable atmosphere, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. we use only the freshest, high quality Italian ingredients prepared to order to insure that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. Renowned for dishes like Osso Buco, Seafood Zuppetta and Rack of Lamb, Capriccio is a perennial award-winner for excellence in food, service and decor. Please visit us on the Dining Level of Resorts Casino Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (65)scenic view (59)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (20)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service was great, but noise level was way too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian food in ACseabranchDined on 10/18/2014Highly rated on TripAdvisor and lives up to the rating.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in ResortsPerfectBMIDined on 10/11/2014First time eating there. I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The food and service were excellent. It will be on my must do list every time I go to Atlantic City. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- fantastic!!!FeelingSpecial123Dined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was gorgeous. The service was the best I have had in A.C. Very friendlywait staff and they go out of their way to make you feel special. Cater to your requests efficiently. Answered all questions with an attitude that makes you feel very comfortable. Will recommend eating here to my friends and family. Had the Prix Fix menu and it was delicious. The deserts were fantastic. Just lovged it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AC?DisappointedDined on 10/4/2014I booked this restaurant, letting them know it was a special occasion (50th BD) and where do they seat my family? They put us in the front of the restaurant with our back to the beautiful view. Then came the wait. We waited forever for a menu, then we waited forever for the waiter to come back to take our order. The L'Insalata Capriccio, came with a basil pesto vinaigrette but the white colored dressing had no flavor of basil pesto. I had lasagna that was the worst tasting that any of us had ever eaten. Wife had a pasta Bolognese and the sauce was over cooked. 10 minutes after I finished my BD cake and paid the bill, I finally received my watered down double espresso. For the sake of AC, I hope that there is better Italian food to be had.
- Excellent!SjhighDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Would definitely do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCampione49Dined on 9/28/2014In order to appreciate the Sunday Brunch at Capriccio's one must eat at least 2 -3 times in a row. LOL. Great place, food is excellent, service was above and beyond. CiaoSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Love!!!! The food and atmosphere is perfection!!!!Special Features:
- nite at capriccioJoeyJoeyDined on 9/25/2014this is a very good Italian restarurant in a hotel. the food is very good and the service is impeccableSpecial Features:
- luv2eatDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was just not for us. Although the staff made you very welcomed, the food was just not what I expected. The Soup was way too thick and to much like Pasta sauce. I thought the Veal Francese was a little greasy and my husband had the Veal Parm and he had to scape away the thick breading just to be able to taste some veal. And the Roma sauce I think they called it was too sweet for him. We did not have any desert or coffee. We did have Wine with dinner, Merlot, and I can say the one the Bartender Ulyssus? recommended and that was very good, a Californian wine called Dynamite. It was a nice evening out, but not at all what I expected.
- CapspecialoccasionsDined on 9/19/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant at Resorts in Atlantic City, NJ.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/18/2014The atmosphere, the service and especially the food--fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchElaine614Dined on 9/14/2014The Sunday Brunch at Capriccio is very good. The people are very nice and will make your stay very enjoyable. If there is anything that they can get you they will if they have it on hand. Jorge the Maitra-D is very nice and friendly. The waiter Oscar is also very nice and friendly and will make your stay more enjoyable. The food is very good and the champagne is also good. I was also there for a night dinner and the food is also very good. If you like Italian you will like this place. It is nice to go at night for a birthday or anniversary, what ever you are celebrating. There is also a nice view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCampione49Dined on 9/14/2014CHef Steve and Jorge have again kept the standard very high. They are again #1 in TripAdvisorSpecial Features:
- Great DinerChuckDined on 9/13/2014This is not the first time, I ate there everyone should eat at one fine restaurant when visting AC and this is not the one to past up on Capriccio is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can I say!!AmazingDined on 9/12/2014The reviews for Capriccio are getting pretty boring, there is not much more to say!! A fantastic 5 star restaurant from the greeting to the food to the service along with a romantic setting. There is a reason this restaurant gets great reviews because it serves consistently great food and old time gracious service. Prices not exorbitant like other casino restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & ambianceAngieCDined on 9/12/2014If you're looking for the perfect place for your special date, birthday, anniversary or just want to treat yourself to to a delectable meal with excellent service...look no more! Capriccio's Italian Restaurant is a GEM! You are treated like family, and will be looking forward to your next great meal. I've been going to Capriccio's for years, and they have always exceeded my expectations. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/service fab branzinobijouDined on 9/11/2014We arrived 1 hour late - due to traffic and then couldn't remember location inside Resorts. They were very gracious and seated us. I do believe they wanted to put us near the windows with the beautiful view. I do totally understand that being late - I believe we lost the table they saved for our reservation but still the table we had - was nice - just not as scenic. The food and service being excellent was most important. I ordered the branzino and recommended to my friend. She never had the branzino and it was most delicious as was the salad with gorgonzola, pears and greens. We must go there again - and arrive - on time and perhaps even request a table near the windows with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Capriccio has the best brunch ever our waiter Joseph took wonderful care of us food was exceptional as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Truly wonderful experienceembee416VIPDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we were greeted by Elvie at the entrance and was informed by George, maître d', that my requested waiter, Andrew, was serving at a different area ( I had requested a booth towards the front and Andrew, upon learning that I gad requested him, came scooting over to greet and serve us), the entire experience was great. My friend and I both ordered off the prix fixe men - the Vitelli parmagiana with linguine, preceded by pasta fagiole soup with was the best I've ever had, and for dessert my friend ordered the Tartuffo and I the gelato. We both walked out holding our stomachs, being completely (overly)? sated and can't wait to return .Special Features:
- Back to ResortsDaveOVIPDined on 9/4/2014With the closing of Revel and their excellent restaurants we wanted to try an old standby. We weren't disappointed. Food was very good. Service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- FantasticJerseyansVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of our favorite restaurants in AC. The food is absolutely delicious! Very romantic setting for an anniversary dinner, overlooking the Ocean.....quite a view!Special Features:
- RickDined on 8/29/2014Best Italian restaurant in Atlantic City. And we didn't even get a table overlooking the ocean. This is a must-do restaurant for any occasion when in AC. As a comparison, I would rate this Italian restaurant as comparable to the best Italian restaurant in D.C., I Ricchi.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchFoodReviewDined on 8/24/2014Great selection of foods. Pricey, but worth it! We sat outside on the patio, and had a great view of the boardwalk! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- girl's day outsunshinekittyDined on 8/24/2014I was recommended this restaurant for brunch It was definitely a good experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was very appealing and fresh. The scenery of the ocean while you eat was the icing on the cake! I will definitely refer this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchmadfoodDined on 8/24/2014A highlight to our week at the shore is always Sunday brunch at Capriccio's. We especially enjoy the seafood & champagne. The staff is wonderful attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014the appetizers and entrees were very good but the souffles for dessert were lousySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best.................GaryDined on 8/22/2014.......................Veal Fran chaise I have ever had. The meat is always the star and this veal did not disappoint. Then add the treatment from the Chef and, Voila! Outstanding. Also, the lady at the front desk was outstanding accommodating us. I must have hit a wrong key when I was making the 0n-Line reservation and wound up making the reservation for the incorrect night. We were still taken care of in a beautiful fashion even though they were totally booked. Add in Wynston, our waiter, and you have perfection. Oh, I almost forgot. My wife and I decided to "split" a Cannoli for desert and I'm happy we decided to split it. The desert portion was very ample.........plus it was delicious. Our compliments all around.Special Features:
- AwesomeAldanteVIPDined on 8/21/2014From the moment Jorge greets you until you leave, this us a dining experience. Impeccable service and excellent food. Ranks among the top 3 Italian restaurants in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal!JojoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Boardwalk view overlooking the ocean on the patio, delicious well-prepared three course meal, and attentive service all made this a very good dining experience for me and my wife. If you order a la carte, the prices can be high. I definitely recommend this romantic restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellant as alwaysLindaDined on 8/20/2014Love this place. From the most expensive item to the budget friendly price fixed menu all great! My husband and I had an early dinner. My daughter and her friend ate a late night dinner and also had a great meal from the price fixed menu.Special Features:
- bluejinglerDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant, the staff, and the buffet presentation were phenominal! We reserved a window seat for 10am and enjoyed sampling the vast array of delicious options while sipping our mimosas. There was more there than we could ever try in one sitting so we will certainly be going back the next time we are in AC. The price actually seems very low when you see and taste everything they make available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!kclarkDined on 8/16/2014I found Capriccio on TripAdvisor, which was ranked #3 out of all of the listed restaurants in Atlantic City. The food was fantastic - we ordered a couple of apps and each had our own entrees. The pasta dishes were a bit larger than expected, given the price - always a plus. I also ordered a bottle of wine that tasted more expensive than it actually was. Our waiter was very friendly, but there was a little bit of a wait between our group receiving their drinks and the waiter coming back to take my order for the wine. This is minor in the overall experience, though, and wouldn't affect my recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingDeevinDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner for 6 people. We were not rushed at all. Was able to catch up on family things.. Would recommend Capriccio to every one..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceasdrichardsDined on 8/16/2014Went to Capriccio's for my wife's birthday. Appetizers were very good, I had the eggplant stack and my wife had the jumbo shrimp. We both had steaks for dinner which were good, but probably would have went with their more traditional Italian meals if I went back. Had gelato for dessert, it was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingJB389Dined on 8/14/2014The staff could not have been better. They were friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The antipasti platter was a work of art! It is a reall treat to have dinner there.Special Features:
- Perennial Perfection!JustacadDined on 8/10/2014The bountiful exquisite offerings at Sunday Brunch are mind-boggling! An elegant dining room is attended by thoughtful servers who are not intrusive. We can think of no way to improve this most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014the only good things is the nice view from the terrace
- AC's bestcusie78Dined on 8/9/2014Top Quality AC dining..BUT to noisey....Food was great we were a party of 10. seating was tight.Special Features:
- CapriccioJimboDined on 8/9/2014Food was very bland. This was my second visit. Loved the 1st time but the menu has changed from a year ago. The food was very bland. Little Neck clams with linguine and pasta with red sauce and Chicken soup very bland. Not sure I will come back.Special Features: