Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccioatlanticcity.com/
- Phone: 8003227469x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Klawitter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
The fine dining experience of Capriccio has been an Atlantic City tradition since the inception of Resorts Casino in 1978. Gourmet Italian cuisine prepared with passion and tradition. Capriccio has an exquisitely confortable atmosphere, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. we use only the freshest, high quality Italian ingredients prepared to order to insure that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. Renowned for dishes like Osso Buco, Seafood Zuppetta and Rack of Lamb, Capriccio is a perennial award-winner for excellence in food, service and decor. Please visit us on the Dining Level of Resorts Casino Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)scenic view (57)romantic (56)great for brunch (27)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Great selection of foods. Pricey, but worth it! We sat outside on the patio, and had a great view of the boardwalk! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- girl's day outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I was recommended this restaurant for brunch It was definitely a good experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was very appealing and fresh. The scenery of the ocean while you eat was the icing on the cake! I will definitely refer this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014A highlight to our week at the shore is always Sunday brunch at Capriccio's. We especially enjoy the seafood & champagne. The staff is wonderful attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014the appetizers and entrees were very good but the souffles for dessert were lousySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best.................GaryDined on 8/22/2014.......................Veal Fran chaise I have ever had. The meat is always the star and this veal did not disappoint. Then add the treatment from the Chef and, Voila! Outstanding. Also, the lady at the front desk was outstanding accommodating us. I must have hit a wrong key when I was making the 0n-Line reservation and wound up making the reservation for the incorrect night. We were still taken care of in a beautiful fashion even though they were totally booked. Add in Wynston, our waiter, and you have perfection. Oh, I almost forgot. My wife and I decided to "split" a Cannoli for desert and I'm happy we decided to split it. The desert portion was very ample.........plus it was delicious. Our compliments all around.Special Features:
- AwesomeAldanteVIPDined on 8/21/2014From the moment Jorge greets you until you leave, this us a dining experience. Impeccable service and excellent food. Ranks among the top 3 Italian restaurants in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal!JojoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Boardwalk view overlooking the ocean on the patio, delicious well-prepared three course meal, and attentive service all made this a very good dining experience for me and my wife. If you order a la carte, the prices can be high. I definitely recommend this romantic restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellant as alwaysLindaDined on 8/20/2014Love this place. From the most expensive item to the budget friendly price fixed menu all great! My husband and I had an early dinner. My daughter and her friend ate a late night dinner and also had a great meal from the price fixed menu.Special Features:
- bluejinglerDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant, the staff, and the buffet presentation were phenominal! We reserved a window seat for 10am and enjoyed sampling the vast array of delicious options while sipping our mimosas. There was more there than we could ever try in one sitting so we will certainly be going back the next time we are in AC. The price actually seems very low when you see and taste everything they make available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!kclarkDined on 8/16/2014I found Capriccio on TripAdvisor, which was ranked #3 out of all of the listed restaurants in Atlantic City. The food was fantastic - we ordered a couple of apps and each had our own entrees. The pasta dishes were a bit larger than expected, given the price - always a plus. I also ordered a bottle of wine that tasted more expensive than it actually was. Our waiter was very friendly, but there was a little bit of a wait between our group receiving their drinks and the waiter coming back to take my order for the wine. This is minor in the overall experience, though, and wouldn't affect my recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingDeevinDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner for 6 people. We were not rushed at all. Was able to catch up on family things.. Would recommend Capriccio to every one..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceasdrichardsDined on 8/16/2014Went to Capriccio's for my wife's birthday. Appetizers were very good, I had the eggplant stack and my wife had the jumbo shrimp. We both had steaks for dinner which were good, but probably would have went with their more traditional Italian meals if I went back. Had gelato for dessert, it was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingJB389Dined on 8/14/2014The staff could not have been better. They were friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The antipasti platter was a work of art! It is a reall treat to have dinner there.Special Features:
- Perennial Perfection!JustacadDined on 8/10/2014The bountiful exquisite offerings at Sunday Brunch are mind-boggling! An elegant dining room is attended by thoughtful servers who are not intrusive. We can think of no way to improve this most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014the only good things is the nice view from the terrace
- CapriccioJimboDined on 8/9/2014Food was very bland. This was my second visit. Loved the 1st time but the menu has changed from a year ago. The food was very bland. Little Neck clams with linguine and pasta with red sauce and Chicken soup very bland. Not sure I will come back.Special Features:
- Service not up to parFroiDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I came here to celebrate her Birthday and although I added this note to the reservation the staff made no mention of it. When it comes to the food, some portions are tiny for their price, in particular the calamari appetizer. We had ordered from the fixed price menu and for some reason we were served our entree first, we then had to remind the waiter that our salads were missing and he suggested to take the food back and they would make a fresh one while they brought out the salads (we declined because we had already waited enough and it seemed wrong to waste the food.) We asked if they could just bring the salads and we would eat them at the same time. The quality of the food was good but it's expected for the prices being paidSpecial Features:
- WonderfulLovetodineVIPDined on 8/7/2014Everything was fantastic. From the manager to the food to the service and the view. We don't really dine at many casino based restaurants but this is one you must try. You will not be disappointed. Just wish other diners would respect a restaurant such as this and not wear shorts and sandals and dine inside. The place is too elegant.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchCampione49Dined on 8/3/2014Sunday brunch at Capriccio is to be enjoyed over a period of time. There are so many choices of food, from the various seafood to carvings to desserts. It is so difficult to choose...and with all this comes the Champagne! It is an experience everyone should try again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again...embee416VIPDined on 8/1/2014I dined at capriccio. My friend ordered the ossa bucco which was tremendous in size as well as taste ( he asked me to try some). It was juicy, melt-in-your-mouth, fall-off-the-bone, delicious..I, in the other hand, ordered their lasagne which I found this time around to be kinda bland with very little meat. When the maître' d came around I told him about the lack of neat and he offered to bring me a side dish of same but I declined. Overall, an excellent dinner and Andrew, our server, was tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueCQDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellant and the service very professional. A little pricey, but they had a nice prix fix menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Oceanside DiningredfredddDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I spent a nice weekend in AC at Resorts. The dinner was causal but very scenic as we overlooked the boardwalk and ocean. The food was prepared very well and they even provided a special birthday dessert for my wife. It was a beautiful eveniNg and we were able to eat in an upscale restaurant is shorts!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Our servers Wiston and Oscar couldn't be more attentive. Great view and food was delicious! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome!justriteDined on 7/18/2014Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Enjoyed the food and and the noise level in the room was just perfect.Special Features:
- Great tasting food.MarinaswayDined on 7/18/2014This was such a pretty restaurant. Everything we ordered was delicious and looked wonderful, but the portions were so small. They had indoor and outdoor dining, we dined outside and the ambiance still remained elegant. Great place for a romantic dinner too bad the menu was too pricey for the food that was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Really expected excellent service and delicious food. Very disappointed. We didn't get either. We were at Caprecio's several times about 12 years ago. What a difference from then to now. We took most of our food home and we were hungry but so disappointed couldn't eat the food.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I'm a vegetarian and Atlantic City does not offer many choices past salads, pizza and veggie burgers. This place had a delicious, different pasta (read- not pasta primavera for a change) in a brown sauce that I really enjoyed. That was pretty much all they offered for vegetarians, but it was great! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 7/6/2014Delicious food with wide selection at brunch- smoked fish assortment, chilled seafood, sushi as well as assorted breakfast/ lunch dishes. Made to order waffles and omelets plus carved ham and beef. Wonderful service. Our waiter kept our mimosa glasses filled and promptly removed dirty dishes. Pricey but well worth the expense.Special Features:
- DissappointedSandydy14Dined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere was awesome, service great , food okay. My fiancé loved the Bronzino and calamari. I had lasagna. It was a sticky gooey mess. We both had Caesar Salad and there was way too much dressing on it. I had been wanting to go to Capriccio for a while and was sorry we did.Special Features:
- Not worth itJayBee48Dined on 7/2/2014The food was good but definitely not worth the money. The restaurant was mostly empty on what was a very busy pre-holiday evening in Atlantic City. While the view was beautiful overlooking the ocean and beach, it was quite hard to see out of the windows which looked like they hadn't been cleaned in quite some time. The service was very good with prompt and courteous staff. Portions were fair size but both of our entrees were very dry. The tiramisu while attractive to the eye was probably the worst I've ever tasted. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect!FoodluvDined on 7/2/2014The food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the ocean view was beautiful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can't wait to go backCLaudiaVIPDined on 7/2/2014Prices are reasonable for a casino The pre fix is the best dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffspecialoccasionsDined on 7/2/2014Everything was fantastic. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FoodRobertVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was outstanding. Not one complain. The taste and quality was spectacular. Small portions for the price, but I expected that since it's in the casino. And I didn't mind because it was a change from walking out bloated. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodReviewDined on 6/28/2014Went for our three year anniversary for the first time and had an amazing meal and enjoyed fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTJerseyansVIPDined on 6/28/2014Capriccio's is the Best restaurant in AC. Very Romantic and the view is fabulous overlooking the Ocean. The food and service is superb and we haven't had a bad meal there in 20 years. What a Gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Made a reservation. Was taken immediately and sat by window as requested. Food was very good but I thought over- priced. Staff was friendly but waiter was hard to find. Seems as though he was talking to a lot of regulars that come in. Overall nice restaurant and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkJerseyfreshDined on 6/27/2014Had a reservation but didn't get seated until 30 minutes later. Ulysses, the bartender was awesome and went out of his way to help my wife and I get seated. Good was just ok...not bad but nothing to go crazy about too.
- "Everyone has a reservation"OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/27/2014Make your reservation and be on time and still be prepared to wait at least 20 min while they let their regulars be seated in front of you. Service is hit-or-miss. Wine affordable but not special, prob $6-8 ok bottles for $25 on the menu. Large portions. Nice for ac great location on ocean but indoor seating with half of restaurant / booths for larger parties really dark/poorly lit. Affordable tho fancy. Like most things in AC tho not quite up to par for what it is trying to be. Prix fixe is reasonable. Desserts well balanced.Special Features:
- Good food, service too goodMrmugs23Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I ate here recently and were looking toward to a leisurely romantic meal. The servers, all male, are running around like crazy, and leisure went out the window. We hadn't gotten our drinks and we were being asked to order, and that was the tone of the meal. It was geared towards getting the table turned as fast as possible. The food was very good- my Osso bucco was one of the best I've ever had! It appeared as though the maitre d set the tone for the staff, and it wasn't what we were looking for at thes prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.