Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capriccioatlanticcity.com/
- Phone: (800) 322-7469
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Klawitter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City
The fine dining experience of Capriccio has been an Atlantic City tradition since the inception of Resorts Casino in 1978. Gourmet Italian cuisine prepared with passion and tradition. Capriccio has an exquisitely confortable atmosphere, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. we use only the freshest, high quality Italian ingredients prepared to order to insure that every meal is a pleasurable and memorable experience. Renowned for dishes like Osso Buco, Seafood Zuppetta and Rack of Lamb, Capriccio is a perennial award-winner for excellence in food, service and decor. Please visit us on the Dining Level of Resorts Casino Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Capriccio at Resorts Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (58)scenic view (54)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (23)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A gem of a restaurant with excellent foodluv2dineDined on 11/20/2014Warm atmosphere and friendly service. This has become our favorite Atlantic City restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicholasVIPDined on 11/20/2014Enjoyable place. good wine choices friendly waiters and we had a very pleasant evening. the food was excellent .Special Features:
- Went there for 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was the worst italian food I have eaten. We ordered the seafood combo, linguini with white clams and a 3 piece appetizer ,was very disappointed will not be coming back.
- an excellent choiceembee416VIPDined on 11/14/2014ate here again and it is still consistently good. Ordered the veal parm and my friend ordered the filet mignon, plain, medium rare and it actually came out exactly as ordered. The portions were plentiful as well as delicious. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DissVIPDined on 11/14/2014Ombiance is just a plus to the great service & food. I am a big critic since I'm Italian but each and every time I go I look forward to the next. Italian food was my least favorite to eat out, but Capriccos has become my favorite dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatJoanDined on 11/14/2014They food here is exceptional so is the staff. This Is our favorite restaurant in Atlantic City. They have a great Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go if you are vegetarian!GudduDined on 11/7/2014We went there expecting good food options but turned out they had nothing to offer in vegetarian. Chef was kind enough that they made a pasta for us. Had wonderful time though. Loved the seevice and knowledge of servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnersmallbutfeistyDined on 11/6/2014We stayed at Resorts for Teacher's Convention & anniversary celebration. We had a great meal at Capriccio, and it seems our Open Table reservation snagged us an ocean view table (though at 7pm in November, we couldn't see much beyond the Boardwalk). The food was quite good; we both chose the Prix Fixe menu & everything from soup/salad to dessert was incredible. The ambiance was nice, though it still had that casino restaurant feel. Their bar area was swanky, but that same vibe wasn't throughout. A note on service: it's more like fine dining here, so many servers took care of us (one server brought took our drink orders, another food), and this led to a slower feel than we expected, but they left us alone to enjoy, which was nice.Special Features:
- nite out for italianJoeyJoeyDined on 11/6/2014This place is one of the few old-time restaurants left in AC. The food is always delicious and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- terrific foodRobertVIPDined on 11/1/2014I can not say enough how good the food was. A little pricey but well worth it. I wish we had room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious andWagzDined on 10/24/2014The food and service were both outstanding. I hade made reservations and we were seated at a great table for two with a view out of the boardwalk to the ocean. The only issue was the party of more than 20 set up in the middle of the room (center of the room being wihin 5 feet of our table) made for a very noisy (they were yelling from one end of the table to the other and constantly walking around) and umcomfortable experience. If the food wasn't so tasty and our waiter so charming it would have been more difficult to enjoy an expensive meal. Let's just say that it takes more than a bit of the romance out of the evening when you have converse loudy to your spouse who's only 2 feet away just so you can hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceptgolferVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten here many times over the past ten years and have never been disappointed. The food always tastes good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable experienceluv2dineDined on 10/23/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The service is excellent and the food never disappoints. We love the pre-fix offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum1Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service was great, but noise level was way too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian food in ACseabranchDined on 10/18/2014Highly rated on TripAdvisor and lives up to the rating.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in ResortsPerfectBMIDined on 10/11/2014First time eating there. I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The food and service were excellent. It will be on my must do list every time I go to Atlantic City. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- fantastic!!!FeelingSpecial123Dined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was gorgeous. The service was the best I have had in A.C. Very friendlywait staff and they go out of their way to make you feel special. Cater to your requests efficiently. Answered all questions with an attitude that makes you feel very comfortable. Will recommend eating here to my friends and family. Had the Prix Fix menu and it was delicious. The deserts were fantastic. Just lovged it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AC?DisappointedDined on 10/4/2014I booked this restaurant, letting them know it was a special occasion (50th BD) and where do they seat my family? They put us in the front of the restaurant with our back to the beautiful view. Then came the wait. We waited forever for a menu, then we waited forever for the waiter to come back to take our order. The L'Insalata Capriccio, came with a basil pesto vinaigrette but the white colored dressing had no flavor of basil pesto. I had lasagna that was the worst tasting that any of us had ever eaten. Wife had a pasta Bolognese and the sauce was over cooked. 10 minutes after I finished my BD cake and paid the bill, I finally received my watered down double espresso. For the sake of AC, I hope that there is better Italian food to be had.
- Excellent!SjhighDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Would definitely do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCampione49Dined on 9/28/2014In order to appreciate the Sunday Brunch at Capriccio's one must eat at least 2 -3 times in a row. LOL. Great place, food is excellent, service was above and beyond. CiaoSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Love!!!! The food and atmosphere is perfection!!!!Special Features:
- nite at capriccioJoeyJoeyDined on 9/25/2014this is a very good Italian restarurant in a hotel. the food is very good and the service is impeccableSpecial Features:
- luv2eatDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was just not for us. Although the staff made you very welcomed, the food was just not what I expected. The Soup was way too thick and to much like Pasta sauce. I thought the Veal Francese was a little greasy and my husband had the Veal Parm and he had to scape away the thick breading just to be able to taste some veal. And the Roma sauce I think they called it was too sweet for him. We did not have any desert or coffee. We did have Wine with dinner, Merlot, and I can say the one the Bartender Ulyssus? recommended and that was very good, a Californian wine called Dynamite. It was a nice evening out, but not at all what I expected.
- CapspecialoccasionsDined on 9/19/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant at Resorts in Atlantic City, NJ.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/18/2014The atmosphere, the service and especially the food--fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchElaine614Dined on 9/14/2014The Sunday Brunch at Capriccio is very good. The people are very nice and will make your stay very enjoyable. If there is anything that they can get you they will if they have it on hand. Jorge the Maitra-D is very nice and friendly. The waiter Oscar is also very nice and friendly and will make your stay more enjoyable. The food is very good and the champagne is also good. I was also there for a night dinner and the food is also very good. If you like Italian you will like this place. It is nice to go at night for a birthday or anniversary, what ever you are celebrating. There is also a nice view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCampione49Dined on 9/14/2014CHef Steve and Jorge have again kept the standard very high. They are again #1 in TripAdvisorSpecial Features:
- Great DinerChuckDined on 9/13/2014This is not the first time, I ate there everyone should eat at one fine restaurant when visting AC and this is not the one to past up on Capriccio is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more can I say!!AmazingDined on 9/12/2014The reviews for Capriccio are getting pretty boring, there is not much more to say!! A fantastic 5 star restaurant from the greeting to the food to the service along with a romantic setting. There is a reason this restaurant gets great reviews because it serves consistently great food and old time gracious service. Prices not exorbitant like other casino restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & ambianceAngieCDined on 9/12/2014If you're looking for the perfect place for your special date, birthday, anniversary or just want to treat yourself to to a delectable meal with excellent service...look no more! Capriccio's Italian Restaurant is a GEM! You are treated like family, and will be looking forward to your next great meal. I've been going to Capriccio's for years, and they have always exceeded my expectations. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/service fab branzinobijouDined on 9/11/2014We arrived 1 hour late - due to traffic and then couldn't remember location inside Resorts. They were very gracious and seated us. I do believe they wanted to put us near the windows with the beautiful view. I do totally understand that being late - I believe we lost the table they saved for our reservation but still the table we had - was nice - just not as scenic. The food and service being excellent was most important. I ordered the branzino and recommended to my friend. She never had the branzino and it was most delicious as was the salad with gorgonzola, pears and greens. We must go there again - and arrive - on time and perhaps even request a table near the windows with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Capriccio has the best brunch ever our waiter Joseph took wonderful care of us food was exceptional as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Truly wonderful experienceembee416VIPDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we were greeted by Elvie at the entrance and was informed by George, maître d', that my requested waiter, Andrew, was serving at a different area ( I had requested a booth towards the front and Andrew, upon learning that I gad requested him, came scooting over to greet and serve us), the entire experience was great. My friend and I both ordered off the prix fixe men - the Vitelli parmagiana with linguine, preceded by pasta fagiole soup with was the best I've ever had, and for dessert my friend ordered the Tartuffo and I the gelato. We both walked out holding our stomachs, being completely (overly)? sated and can't wait to return .Special Features:
- Back to ResortsDaveOVIPDined on 9/4/2014With the closing of Revel and their excellent restaurants we wanted to try an old standby. We weren't disappointed. Food was very good. Service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- FantasticJerseyansVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of our favorite restaurants in AC. The food is absolutely delicious! Very romantic setting for an anniversary dinner, overlooking the Ocean.....quite a view!Special Features:
- RickDined on 8/29/2014Best Italian restaurant in Atlantic City. And we didn't even get a table overlooking the ocean. This is a must-do restaurant for any occasion when in AC. As a comparison, I would rate this Italian restaurant as comparable to the best Italian restaurant in D.C., I Ricchi.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchFoodReviewDined on 8/24/2014Great selection of foods. Pricey, but worth it! We sat outside on the patio, and had a great view of the boardwalk! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- girl's day outsunshinekittyDined on 8/24/2014I was recommended this restaurant for brunch It was definitely a good experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was very appealing and fresh. The scenery of the ocean while you eat was the icing on the cake! I will definitely refer this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchmadfoodDined on 8/24/2014A highlight to our week at the shore is always Sunday brunch at Capriccio's. We especially enjoy the seafood & champagne. The staff is wonderful attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014the appetizers and entrees were very good but the souffles for dessert were lousySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.