Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
6825-K Redmond Dr
McLean, VA 22101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caprimcleanva.com/
- Phone: 7032884601
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beatriz Zelaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
Come and enjoy the finest Italian Restaurant in McLean. We serve only the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (26)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (14)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great ItalianBaseballVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although after reading reviews of this restaurant I was expecting high prices, I was surprised to see they were competitive with the area and , in fact, on a lot of items lower. The food was outstanding and the service could not have been better. Never hovering, but all of our needs were taken care of without having to ask. My veal I cut with a fork and my wife's seafood was really tasty. Add open table for reservations and you cannot have a complaint.Special Features:
- I Will Return....G777Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first time experiencing Capri. The salad with mozzarella & avocado and the shrimp pasta entrée were very good! The pasta needed a bit more sauce which was promptly provided. Giovanni, our waiter, was excellent and attentive. The only thing I would suggest would be to add candles on the tables for more ambience. I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulESfromDCDined on 8/14/2014Had lunch here on Aug. 14 2014. Food was superb. Service excellent. Menu gives lots of variety of authentic dishes. Great for conversation since dining room acoustics are good. Love it!Special Features:
- Great italian rest. downtown McLeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014My guests and i enjoyed it very much, as every time we have dined at this restaurant. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best branzino in townWeEatOutVIPDined on 7/22/2014Authentic Italian food in a white table cloth upstairs neighborhood nook and warm, fresh bread. Always easy and delightful with a staff that will customize your order regardless of menu selections. What more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay eveningDiningoutgroupDined on 7/20/2014We had made reservations for a special gathering ahead of time. When we got there, they did not have our table for 11 ready and needed to put us in the middle of the dining room. Needless to say, the evening started on a "down" note. However, the waiter was good and the food acceptable. I'd try it again, but with so many good Italian restaurants in the area, might not get back to it for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJudyDined on 7/19/2014We always like Capri Ristorante for its classic Italian food and wine. We have never had a bad meal here. In fact, it always reminds us of our travels around Italy. The pastas are wonderful and the meat and seafood dishes authentic.Special Features:
- Great italian rest. downtown McLeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014My guest and i enjoyed very much dining at Capri and plan to return for more. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationfrequentvisitorDined on 7/12/2014The food was very reasonably priced given the quality of the cuisine. In the evening, it was too loud with all the diners. Lunch provides a more intimate setting where you can converse. I enjoyed my complimentary tiramasu with its birthday candle. After spilling red wine on my friend's white slacks, the waiter provided complimentary desserts to everyone at the table and offered to pay for the dry cleaning.Special Features:
- UnmemorableDanielDined on 7/11/2014The service was good however the food wasn't the freshest. Next time we will try somewhere else.
- Classically ItalianTravellerVIPDined on 7/2/2014With a lovely modern decor and no chianti bottles! Classic Italian menu with some nice specials. Everything was delicious, huge portions. I don't think the pasta is homemade. We had calamari which comes with fried zucchini and asparagus with parmesan for appetizers. I had agnolotti - stuffed with spinach in a rich cream sauce, husband had veal sauced penne. We were happy with our orders and brought home enough food for 2 more meals Husband ordered profiteroles for desert - filled with really creamy ice cream. I had a delicious decaf cap. We'll go back - next time will try fish and salad for healthier choices.Special Features:
- Excellent food- great appetizers.harts1996Dined on 6/27/2014Calamari is delicious! Seafood liguine is well recommended as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapriSteve50Dined on 6/21/2014Nice atmosphere. Great greeting when we arrived. Appetizers were good. Service good initially... Entree's took forever to arrive, not very pleasing to the eye. Very generic....Not great. Prices good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014The evening was busy at the restaurant and the staff did not seem to know of our reservation. The table offered was right by corridor to the rest rooms, and lots of traffic. However, they did graciously switch our table when we asked.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed dinnerffxdinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014This ristorante sounded like a great find from reading the reviews on Open Table & it is! There were 10 us & I did not hear one negative comment about the meal. We arrived about 6 pm & were seated at a round table which made it much easier to hear one another. Though at one point when every table was full, it was harder to hear. I ordered 3 different courses with my favorites being the gazpacho & the tiramisu. My husband loved his salmon salad & the homemade agnolotti. I had a taste of a friend's Zuppa di Pesce. That was just so delicious esp. the broth. I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GOOD TIME!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Lunch @ Capri ~ always excellent. Elegant service, delicious food, good presentations, great wine.Special Features:
- Food uninspiring and too noisyKarlaLDined on 6/7/2014The food was okay but uninspiring. The noise level was far too loud. Nothing special and better restaurants in McLean.Special Features:
- Solid foodMikeDined on 6/6/2014Good homemade traditional Italian food. Nothing unique or elevated it to extraordinary but you will walk away satisfied.9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bit noisyflevyVIPDined on 6/4/2014Food has been consistently good and would recommend it for that reason. Noise can be an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri is good, not great41142hltVIPDined on 6/4/2014Capri has come along way since it opened. As restaurants go in McLean, it is good. It is not great, but it is consistent, reliable, and solid. The house wines need improvement, but the wine list in general is good, well priced, and varied. The food is always good, not great. It is a solid bet for a reasonable price and one of the best, if not THE best, in downtown McLean.Special Features:
- great local spotbartlettDined on 6/4/2014Great food and reasonably quite. The ambiance is whit table cloths and pretty quick service. An up escalator and down elevator provides access for easy handicapped access. No view except a parking lot but a good place to have a family conversation.Special Features:
- CorbinVIPDined on 5/20/2014We LOVE Capri. The food is always great. The service is wonderful. The room is big enough where you are not listening to your neighbor's conversation.Special Features:
- One of the best in the neighborhoodsommelierDined on 5/15/2014Capri is one of our favorites in the neighborhood. It is best for its veal. Varied and always rightly done. They could improve on their calamari, though.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We eat at Capri once/twice a month. Food is consistently good and staff are very friendly. Had not been on Mother's day before and had never seen the place this busy...but they handled the surge just fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrachBrarchVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food in a convenient location. A little noisy at night but would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean reviews archive.
- Nice Italian RestaurantPaulaDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I decided at the very last minute to go out to eat. We wanted someplace near home and chose Capri. We had only been to Capri once before on Valentine's Day with a limited prix fixe menu. Tonight was wonderful. We had wonderful choices to select from the menu. He had the rockfish which was outstanding and my pasta dish was delicious. We are definitely going to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbaileyDined on 4/13/2014We have gone for brunch twice, and the food is fresh and well-cooked. Because the restaurant is not full for Sunday brunch, we weren't rushed and could linger over our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!PinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of four and really enjoyed ourselves. Everything was delicious, service was great- just what you always hope for when you go out to eat. Veal Parm, a special Rockfish, various salads and appetizers were all very good. Can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but service was slowflevyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food has been consistently good, but it has to improve the service. It just appears that there are too few waiters. Makes it hard to go back more than on an occasional basis.
- Great neighborhood spotWeEatOutVIPDined on 3/15/2014Excellent pastas, meats and fish, usually served promptly and as ordered and always willing to correct any errors. We choose to dine here often, several times a week usually, and we're rarely disappointed. We often will choose another restaurant when our group is large (6 or more) but this visit with 8 was perfect - food, timing and service, all exactly right even though the restaurant was busy. Lunch and dinner are equally good, and we appeciate the white table cloth service in a casual neighborhood spot, and getting a reservation is usually easy as it's local and small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding serviceheathwishVIPDined on 3/10/2014We gave this cute place a try and were very pleasantly surprised. I'm not generally one for strip mall restaurants, but wow! You know the food must be good when a group of businessmen are speaking Italian in the corner. Having lived and worked in Italy, that tells me the food and device are authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014My wife, 3 daughters (ages 13, 11, 8) parents, and I had dinner there on a Saturday night. Overall everyone enjoyed their meal. My veal was thin and tender, my wife's linguini with clams was nice, and they were kind enough to make 3 servings of mushroom risotto for my daughters even though it was not on the menu that night. The service was attentive without being pushy. My wife and 3 daughters have a gluten allergy and they serve gluten free pasta and were also very helpful in customizing some other dishes to make them gluten free. The restaurant was busy, but not full and thus the noise level was reasonable, which made it easy to speak to everyone at our table. Overall it was a nice family experience and we will likely return.
- Bella Italia!JudyDined on 2/22/2014We always go to Capri for authentic food and great service. The seafood and pasta are just like visiting Italy again. This time we all had seafood--the branzino was perfectly cooked and both the seafood pasta and linguine with clams were very generous portions. Topped it off with profiteroles and espresso. Bella Capri!Special Features:
- Repeat visitrwvadocVIPDined on 2/18/2014The dining area is tastefully decorated and crisp. Service was excellent. For was very good but not exceptional. Chocalate mousse cake was exceptional. Moderarely priced and a value. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTraceyYDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was very authentic Italian all the way from the wine to the food. It was priced very reasonably. There were expensive items on the menu but also not that expensive. The one thing we had to deal with was a pouty and crying child near by but I feel that could happen anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.WeEatOutVIPDined on 2/3/2014Being a regular helps I'm sure, but my special orders are almost always perfect (kitchen gets busy) and staff is always anxious to fix anything that's not exactly as preferred - even if you ordered something you ended up not liking. They will take it back to make you happy; that's rare these days. Fish is fresh, pasta is generous and steaming in sauce, white table cloths and personal -- all things we look for in a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodjdu613Dined on 1/25/2014We had a good dinner, not great but good. The restaurant was not crowded when we arrived, but filled up considerably before we left. The service was very good. Our drinks arrived promptly. We split the mozzarella salad which was plenty. The entrees were tasty but we felt the portions were a bit small. The bread was very good. We may go back but are still looking for that knock it out of the park Italian restaurant in NOVA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseJanetDined on 1/19/2014We booked for restaurant week, but the pre fixe menu was paltry and the cost of those same items from the regular menu was less than the $35 pre fixe menu, so we ordered from the regular menu. The buffalo mozzarella salad was pretty good, but the few tiny grape tomatoes and lack of fresh basil was disappointing, and the addition of avocado gave it no added value. The balsamic reduction was sparse and too thick. Olive oil and basil would have been preferable. The entrees were much better: shrimp parm and linguine, chicken marsala, sausage and penne, ravioli. The cannoli and key lime cheesecake were also very yummy and share-able. The servers were prompt, helpful and pleasant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2014We had not been to the Capri in years. We found the food quality very good - the canelloni and beef medallions. Wine list was also good, not overpriced. Service was a little spotty. It was a Friday night and they were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/13/2014A fabulous neighborhood restaurant that serves excellent Italian food. Our only problem is that we would be there every night if we could. The wait staff is outstanding and always accommodating no matter what the request. In fact, they prepared two of their meals for me to serve at my Christmas dinner and there was not one leftover. We love this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.