Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
6825-K Redmond Dr
McLean, VA 22101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caprimcleanva.com/
- Phone: (703) 288-4601
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beatriz Zelaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean
Come and enjoy the finest Italian Restaurant in McLean. We serve only the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)romantic (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2014We've eaten at Capri several times and it has consistently been excellent.Special Features:
- We had the lasagna!NovaLuluVIPDined on 10/26/2014Really, two friends and I went for dinner on Sunday night, kind of early. Lasagna was one of the specials, and I'd been thinking about lasagna all week for some reason, so two of us ordered it. It was delicious! It had 5 layers of noodles (yes, I counted) and was enough to take half home and have for lunch the next day. The sauce is not overpowering, but just right. Had enough meat and cheese. Just about perfect. Our other diner had the veal ravioli, which he would NOT share he loved it so much! It was a plate-full of very chubby raviolis. We went at 6:00, and by the time we left at about 7:15, the place was almost full -- lots of families and lots of folks from the McLean area, so make a reservation! A good time!Special Features:
- Bread and BranzinoPapaeagleVIPDined on 10/15/2014hill you may be tempted to stop at the bread and just order another glass of wine, some cheese and another loaf, you would be making a mistake. Yes, the pasta is excellent and the bolognese sauce is some of the best I've sampled. the fish however is the star of the this menu. Whether you choose Branzino, Rockfish or Grilled Salmon, you will savor the perfect texture and proper seasoning that you would probably only expect in a much pricier downtown setting. I wish my Mom had cooked fish this well!Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceMcLeanDadVIPDined on 10/12/2014Have gone to this restaurant on and off for 10 years. Had not been in over a year, despite living in McLean. What a horrible experience. I will never go back. Food and service were horrible. I believe they are just hanging on until the lease runs out. Cant wait for some of the new spots to open around Tysons. All of these old Mclean hold-outs can finally disappear.
- Very DisappointingnevercomplainedbeforeDined on 10/12/2014Unfortunately, we arrived just ahead of a party of 20, which had no reservations. There was insufficient staff to handle the rush, and we were left alone for 40 minutes as the limited staff took orders and served the group. The manager did come over at the end, after one of in our party complained to him, and he took $50 off the bill. We didn't want a discount, just service. Won't go again.
- Decent food, not decent serviceMabbyDined on 10/12/2014While the food was good, the slow, slow service turned this into an overly long and frustrating experience. We were a party of 4 and we asked for separate checks before placing our order. When finally presented with the check, however, we were told it was impossible to be given separate checks, but that we would simply have to split it. Since there was quite a difference in the amounts, we told the waiter we would be happy to give him a breakdown of what each party had, but he rudely informed us all he could do was take two credit cards split it evenly. In spite of a pleasant meal food-wise, his surly attitude coupled with the slow and indifferent service left us feeling as though we will not be returning to this restaurant any time soon.
- McLean GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Capri is a lovely, relaxed restaurant with excellent food, friendly service and a neighborhood feel where locals can enjoy old favorites and visitors can discover new ones. It is my favorite Italian restaurant in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- golden123Dined on 9/16/2014Just wonderful! We sure will return in the near future. Carol HoareSpecial Features:
- Consistently Good!CorbinVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food....great waitstaff...the room is large enough where even if full, you can hear...the tables are far enough apart for privacy.Special Features:
- Great ItalianBaseballVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although after reading reviews of this restaurant I was expecting high prices, I was surprised to see they were competitive with the area and , in fact, on a lot of items lower. The food was outstanding and the service could not have been better. Never hovering, but all of our needs were taken care of without having to ask. My veal I cut with a fork and my wife's seafood was really tasty. Add open table for reservations and you cannot have a complaint.Special Features:
- I Will Return....G777Dined on 8/15/2014This was my first time experiencing Capri. The salad with mozzarella & avocado and the shrimp pasta entrée were very good! The pasta needed a bit more sauce which was promptly provided. Giovanni, our waiter, was excellent and attentive. The only thing I would suggest would be to add candles on the tables for more ambience. I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulESfromDCDined on 8/14/2014Had lunch here on Aug. 14 2014. Food was superb. Service excellent. Menu gives lots of variety of authentic dishes. Great for conversation since dining room acoustics are good. Love it!Special Features:
- Great italian rest. downtown McLeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014My guests and i enjoyed it very much, as every time we have dined at this restaurant. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Capri Ristorante Italiano - McLean reviews archive.
- Best branzino in townWeEatOutVIPDined on 7/22/2014Authentic Italian food in a white table cloth upstairs neighborhood nook and warm, fresh bread. Always easy and delightful with a staff that will customize your order regardless of menu selections. What more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay eveningDiningoutgroupDined on 7/20/2014We had made reservations for a special gathering ahead of time. When we got there, they did not have our table for 11 ready and needed to put us in the middle of the dining room. Needless to say, the evening started on a "down" note. However, the waiter was good and the food acceptable. I'd try it again, but with so many good Italian restaurants in the area, might not get back to it for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJudyDined on 7/19/2014We always like Capri Ristorante for its classic Italian food and wine. We have never had a bad meal here. In fact, it always reminds us of our travels around Italy. The pastas are wonderful and the meat and seafood dishes authentic.Special Features:
- Great italian rest. downtown McLeanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014My guest and i enjoyed very much dining at Capri and plan to return for more. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationfrequentvisitorDined on 7/12/2014The food was very reasonably priced given the quality of the cuisine. In the evening, it was too loud with all the diners. Lunch provides a more intimate setting where you can converse. I enjoyed my complimentary tiramasu with its birthday candle. After spilling red wine on my friend's white slacks, the waiter provided complimentary desserts to everyone at the table and offered to pay for the dry cleaning.Special Features:
- UnmemorableDanielDined on 7/11/2014The service was good however the food wasn't the freshest. Next time we will try somewhere else.
- Classically ItalianTravellerVIPDined on 7/2/2014With a lovely modern decor and no chianti bottles! Classic Italian menu with some nice specials. Everything was delicious, huge portions. I don't think the pasta is homemade. We had calamari which comes with fried zucchini and asparagus with parmesan for appetizers. I had agnolotti - stuffed with spinach in a rich cream sauce, husband had veal sauced penne. We were happy with our orders and brought home enough food for 2 more meals Husband ordered profiteroles for desert - filled with really creamy ice cream. I had a delicious decaf cap. We'll go back - next time will try fish and salad for healthier choices.Special Features:
- Excellent food- great appetizers.harts1996Dined on 6/27/2014Calamari is delicious! Seafood liguine is well recommended as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapriSteve50Dined on 6/21/2014Nice atmosphere. Great greeting when we arrived. Appetizers were good. Service good initially... Entree's took forever to arrive, not very pleasing to the eye. Very generic....Not great. Prices good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014The evening was busy at the restaurant and the staff did not seem to know of our reservation. The table offered was right by corridor to the rest rooms, and lots of traffic. However, they did graciously switch our table when we asked.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyed dinnerffxdinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014This ristorante sounded like a great find from reading the reviews on Open Table & it is! There were 10 us & I did not hear one negative comment about the meal. We arrived about 6 pm & were seated at a round table which made it much easier to hear one another. Though at one point when every table was full, it was harder to hear. I ordered 3 different courses with my favorites being the gazpacho & the tiramisu. My husband loved his salmon salad & the homemade agnolotti. I had a taste of a friend's Zuppa di Pesce. That was just so delicious esp. the broth. I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER GOOD TIME!McLeanEaterDined on 6/13/2014Lunch @ Capri ~ always excellent. Elegant service, delicious food, good presentations, great wine.Special Features:
- Food uninspiring and too noisyKarlaLDined on 6/7/2014The food was okay but uninspiring. The noise level was far too loud. Nothing special and better restaurants in McLean.Special Features:
- Solid foodMikeDined on 6/6/2014Good homemade traditional Italian food. Nothing unique or elevated it to extraordinary but you will walk away satisfied.9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bit noisyflevyVIPDined on 6/4/2014Food has been consistently good and would recommend it for that reason. Noise can be an issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri is good, not great41142hltVIPDined on 6/4/2014Capri has come along way since it opened. As restaurants go in McLean, it is good. It is not great, but it is consistent, reliable, and solid. The house wines need improvement, but the wine list in general is good, well priced, and varied. The food is always good, not great. It is a solid bet for a reasonable price and one of the best, if not THE best, in downtown McLean.Special Features:
- great local spotbartlettDined on 6/4/2014Great food and reasonably quite. The ambiance is whit table cloths and pretty quick service. An up escalator and down elevator provides access for easy handicapped access. No view except a parking lot but a good place to have a family conversation.Special Features:
- CorbinVIPDined on 5/20/2014We LOVE Capri. The food is always great. The service is wonderful. The room is big enough where you are not listening to your neighbor's conversation.Special Features:
- One of the best in the neighborhoodsommelierDined on 5/15/2014Capri is one of our favorites in the neighborhood. It is best for its veal. Varied and always rightly done. They could improve on their calamari, though.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We eat at Capri once/twice a month. Food is consistently good and staff are very friendly. Had not been on Mother's day before and had never seen the place this busy...but they handled the surge just fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrachBrarchVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food in a convenient location. A little noisy at night but would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian RestaurantPaulaDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I decided at the very last minute to go out to eat. We wanted someplace near home and chose Capri. We had only been to Capri once before on Valentine's Day with a limited prix fixe menu. Tonight was wonderful. We had wonderful choices to select from the menu. He had the rockfish which was outstanding and my pasta dish was delicious. We are definitely going to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbaileyDined on 4/13/2014We have gone for brunch twice, and the food is fresh and well-cooked. Because the restaurant is not full for Sunday brunch, we weren't rushed and could linger over our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!PinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of four and really enjoyed ourselves. Everything was delicious, service was great- just what you always hope for when you go out to eat. Veal Parm, a special Rockfish, various salads and appetizers were all very good. Can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but service was slowflevyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food has been consistently good, but it has to improve the service. It just appears that there are too few waiters. Makes it hard to go back more than on an occasional basis.
- Great neighborhood spotWeEatOutVIPDined on 3/15/2014Excellent pastas, meats and fish, usually served promptly and as ordered and always willing to correct any errors. We choose to dine here often, several times a week usually, and we're rarely disappointed. We often will choose another restaurant when our group is large (6 or more) but this visit with 8 was perfect - food, timing and service, all exactly right even though the restaurant was busy. Lunch and dinner are equally good, and we appeciate the white table cloth service in a casual neighborhood spot, and getting a reservation is usually easy as it's local and small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding serviceheathwishVIPDined on 3/10/2014We gave this cute place a try and were very pleasantly surprised. I'm not generally one for strip mall restaurants, but wow! You know the food must be good when a group of businessmen are speaking Italian in the corner. Having lived and worked in Italy, that tells me the food and device are authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.