6325 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, NC 27615Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caprirest.com/
- Phone: (919) 878-4424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We gladly offer catering for groups of any size. Please call for more information. 919.878.4424.
- Special Events: We have a five course wine tasting dinner on the third Wednesday of every month. Please call for reservations.
A word from Capri Restaurant
Capri is an Italian restaurant located in Raleigh, NC. We take pride in using only the highest quality ingredients in preparing our meals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capri Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Capri Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Classic Italian RestaurantEmptynestersDined on 11/8/2014Capri is a nice small neighborhood restaurant with authentic Italian cuisine. The staff makes you feel like you are in Italy. Nice place for a couples dinner.Special Features:
- A little bit of Italy in RaleighPeterAVIPDined on 11/5/2014Do you know provides a great Italian experience but right in the middle of Raleigh North Carolina. Very authentic cuisine with GREAT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The grouper piccata, lasagna, and sauteed spinach were excellent. The service was very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Capri!MLB88Dined on 9/13/2014Capri Restaurant is tucked back into a strip mall corner in North Raleigh. I never would have known it was there were it not for some friends. It was a delightful, authentic Italian meal. We went with classic food - spaghetti and meatballs and veal parmesan. The menu only has chicken parmesan but they made veal for me upon request. All of our food was nicely prepared and delicious. Don't pass up dessert - the cannoli was one of the best I've had (and I've eaten a lot of them!)Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Capri Restaurant reviews archive.
- Dependably good neighborhood spotCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 7/28/2014Capri is one of those neighborhood restaurants that is consistent and that you are glad to have--even if it's not right in your own neighborhood. This North Raleigh gem is tucked almost out of sight in a corner of a strip shopping center but once you find it and make your way inside you are at a spot for very competent Italian cooking. The daily specials are always interesting, which is what I chose most recently: a chicken breast with artichokes and a bit of tomato in a lovely sauce. The special salad with strawberries, gorgonzola and strawberry balsamic dressing was a delight. But Capri's standards: pastas, veal and chicken dishes are delicious too. Capri is relaxed, unfussy but with very good service.Special Features:
- Great food, great ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014The food here is simple (in a good way) and excellent, and the owner, Dino, always seems to provide a "show" to make the evening fun.Special Features:
- Great Italian food and serviceEmptynestersDined on 7/21/2014A great little Italian restaurant with very good food and a very accommodating staff to serve youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining PleasureRachmeelDined on 7/21/2014We have eaten at Capri several times; in a not too "subtle" way, this should indicate how we feel about the place. This night was a bit more special as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. There were very few diners when we arrived, thus making it very easy for us to obtain immediate and friendly service.. After a delicious caprese salad, I opted for a seafood special suggested by the waiter. No disappointment there. My wife had a meat dish that she was delighted with. A bottle of wine, also suggested by our waiter, enhanced our dining experience. Another plus is that Capri is moderately priced for high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014The food that was presented to us was good. However, meal selections were not very well rounded and were carbohydrate loaded. The menu was pretty standard, not much originality.Special Features:
- I didn't feel very welcomelaura520Dined on 7/19/2014Nobody was at the hostess stand for a long time when we got there. Finally, a man who I think might have been the owner or manager, came to the stand and said something I couldn't quite understand due to the accent, then he left. He came back after a few more minutes and decided to talk to and be friendly and welcoming to some other customers that walked into the restaurant after us because he apparently knew them. After interacting with them, he finally took my boyfriend and me to a table. I wasn't even given a chance to state that I had made a reservation through Opentable, etc. The man that was our waiter didn't have a friendly or welcoming demeanor.Special Features:
- Nice find.. now go and try it!!!!!!jilleryDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful grouper dish. It was one of the best fish dishes we have ever had. It was dressed with capers, olives, and a red sauce. It was tender and succulent. Very very very good!!! We have eaten there before but never had this great fish dish before.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureFoodophileVIPDined on 7/18/2014Capri consistently serves good, healthy Italian food that isn't too heavy. They provide a warm, personal atmosphere where the owner greets you and makes you feel very welcome. The noise level is such that you can carry on a conversation at your table without hearing or being disturbed by other nearby tables.Special Features:
- DeliciousdinerDined on 7/16/2014The food was superb and the service very good. they were having a wine tasting at the same time and it seemed like fun to those who were doing that. Friendly and folksy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always goodNoFoDined on 7/12/2014This is one of our favorites in Raleigh. It is always welcoming, food is excellent and staff is very friendly. It is a quiet place so you can converse with friends without shouting. I hate those restaurants where the noise level is enough to destroy my hearing. They usually have specials which are excellent choices for a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAPRI ALWAYS CONSISTENTdenapVIPDined on 7/12/2014Dino and his family always greet you like you are part of THEIR family and you are treated that way ALWAYS! Whatever you order is made with love and if you want something that isn't on the menu, it will be made for you. If you have an allergy, it will be addressed. The menu is old world, homemade, fresh, seasonal and delicious. No short cuts are taken here and there's always a familiar face in the room. BRAVA!Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2eatDined on 6/27/2014Salads and entrees were excellent and servers were friendly. My only problems was that when I walked in the door and saw that their sanitation grade was only 93.5 I felt a bit uneasy. Normally I would not eat in a restaurant with this low of a sanitation grade.Special Features:
- Excellent food!LoveitalianDined on 6/15/2014The chicken francese and the chicken parmigiana were awesome! The staff is very attentive and very professional. Great customer service!Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The salad was the better appetizer out of what we chose, and I make similar at home. We both ordered the stuffed pork loin....it tasted like a frozen item from the grocery store, baked "fresh" with sauce poured on top that did not add flavor but instead made it soggy. The best thing I can say about the restaurant was that the tiramisu was great. The tiramisu was the only thing worth eating on the Restaurant week offerings....which I assumed would have been highlights?!?!
- Not polished Italian - but goodTasty2013Dined on 6/4/2014The food was good, but attention to detail was not there. The butter was in prepackaged foil and the wine was ok - not great. The dinner was served very quickly, so no time to visit. The restaurant has posibities, but needs polish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ShaunaIAmDined on 6/4/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week had a delicious meal! The seafood ravioli with vodka sauce was the best I've had. Their salads are a little different but quite tasty. The chocolate mouse was a huge portion and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2014My wife and I eat frequently at Capri, and I recently took her there for her birthday dinner. As always the food was great (authentic Italian) with great service. The atmosphere is very comfortable - the 'member of the family' feeling you get at only special restaurants. CJ Meese RaleighSpecial Features:
- Touch of Authentic ITALYtable42Dined on 5/23/2014My husband and I have been to Italy on several occasions and this this the FIRST place to bring us back to our wonderful experiences in Venice, Rome, Cinque Terra, and Capri! The staff were ALL great and helpful. Food was AUTHENTIC and DELICIOUS!!Special Features:
- MarianneVIPDined on 5/16/2014Being Italian, it has been very hard to find a very good Italian restaurant in this area.
- Great Mothers DaySteepDined on 5/11/2014We had 3 adults and 2 young guys and a baby. The waiter was great - he helped us choose a smaller plate that would work well for the 2 young guys. He also helped with good recommendations for the adults. Everyone had a great time and we will come back.Special Features:
- great service, excellent food!jaapDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful place to celebrate an occasion Or take special friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was excellent, the staff was friendly and helpful, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Hidden GemRodWinsDined on 5/2/2014We have been living right around the corner from Capri and never knew anything about it. Based on the location we would have guessed it was "fast food Italian" - but we were pleasantly surprised to find it charming and great "date night" dining spot. The atmosphere was romantic for a date (celebrating our 22nd anniversary), yet relaxed and easy-going for family and friends to enjoy a meal together. Dinner was awesome! The salad, the soup, the pasta and the special of the night were spot on in every way. Caesar Salad - evenly dressed, cold and crunchy. Pasta Fagioli soup - tasty and hot. Tortellini Capri - creamy Alfredo sauce full of peas, mushrooms and prosciutto. Giant Prawns over linguine, surrounded by clams and mussels. Fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian restaurantNoFoDined on 4/25/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine. Dino is a great host/chef. The food is excellent and it is quiet so you can actually have a conversation with the rest of your group. They have a fun wine tasting nearly every month, plus the regular dining other nights. Not open for lunch any more...too bad. Try the tiramisu. It is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood SpecialtheshopperDined on 4/19/2014Capri is definitely a neighborhood gem; one of the best local spots providing excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere; great service.Special Features:
- LONG nightDebbyDined on 4/12/2014We arrived on time for our 7:15 reservation and were not seated for 20 minutes. The service was mighty slow and it took a long time to get our meal. My husband had the shrimp special which he enjoyed a lot. I ordered the ziti Ragu and it was no better than I could have made at home with Ragu pasta sauce.
- It took a long time to getGrandmaDined on 4/12/2014It took a long time to get our food, which when it arrived was very good.Special Features:
- Special OccasionCindyBDined on 4/2/2014They didn't mind that I brought my own centerpiece for our Anniversary - and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointment HereRachmeelDined on 3/6/2014Capri was a first for us. Despite the fact that I could not access the Groupon ($15 for $30), we decided to go anyway. We were not disappointed. It was quiet that Thursday evening when we arrived at 7:00 pm; there were few diners as yet. This contributed to the friendly and attentive service. Our waiter told us the "specials," and I chose a varied fish dish which was delicious. My wife had the ravioli, which also was wonderful. Cappuccino and the most scrumptious cannoli ever completed our meal. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSteveDined on 3/6/2014This restaurant has a lot to offer. They have reasonable prices for seafood, veal, and chicken dishes that are too much trouble to make at home. Their carpaccio is a bit thicker than I like. The prices for their wine are very reasonable, and the Valpolicella was excellent. Our waiter was outstanding. He was attentive without being intrusive or disruptive. I would recommend Capri to anyone who wants to get authentic style Italian dishes without going to Italy. Note that this is not "New York authentic Italian" food. It's much better.Special Features:
- Like going homeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Even though we arrived on time we were left standing for five minutes while they cleared a table. It seemed as though they were unaware of our reservation. Everyone was very friendly, food was delicious, very flavorful but not served with a lot of flair. Experience was more like going to a good friends house for a very delicious dinner. Noise level was only because a large party right next to us that were rather loud, again, comfortable like being at a friends home with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhRamonDined on 2/15/2014I guess it should have been an indicator that I was able to get reservations for 10 people for a Saturday on the Saturday. For that I was tgreatful, but the food was just so-so, girlfriend got the wrong meal but they didn't correct it, and the ambience looked like a cafeteria. Would not go back there again.Special Features:
- Excellent spot!TwoLeesDined on 2/15/2014Service is outstanding and you get personal attention from the owner, who is a very fine and friendly but dignified (in a good way) character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticshechaDined on 2/15/2014The moment you enter Capri, you feel as though you've been brought to old Italy with the decor. While the restaurant was slightly noisy on this particular night (the restaurant was packed due to it being Valentine's weekend & the first free night after a winter storm) the ambiance was still romantic & Italian. The owner has a thick Italian accent & greets everyone warmly & checks on them throughout the evening. We go here occasionally & he remembers us each time calling my husband Doctore, making us feel special. The servers are all young, but very mature & well-mannered. Food: fantastic. Great flavors in the lasagna. The Caesar salad was fresh with a TRUE Caesar dressing. It's definitely a special occasion-type of restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's DinnerJimmyDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day. Very nice authentic Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Not so goodLeonardDined on 2/14/2014Great maître d''s Server very poor and overwhelmed by number of tables