Capri Italian Restaurant - Indianapolis
2602 Ruth Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Italian Restaurant - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capriindy.com/
- Phone: 3172594122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Capri Italian Restaurant - Indianapolis
The Capri Ristorante is owned and operated by an Italian family who came to the United States after working for ten years in the hospitality industry aboard a cruise ship. After settling in Indianapolis at the age of twenty-eight he worked in an Italian restaurant on Michigan Road. The Capri Restaurant established in 1951 then owned by two Greek brothers became available and he wasted no time in buying it. After remodeling he had created an Italian Restaurant with a warm and inviting atmosphere located conveniently on the North side of Indianapolis serving traditional Italian fare at reasonable prices. The Capri Ristorante serves a delicious lunch daily from 11am until 4pm. Dinner is served daily from 4pm until close. We offer carry-out, catering and our facility is available to host your banquet or special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Italian Restaurant - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Pompous, pompous, pompous! The server was only decent to our table of four when it came time to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Capri Italian Restaurant - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014The most authentic Italian restaurant we have visited. The carbonara and the saltimbocca were both outstanding. The wait staff was very accommodating as neither of these dishes were on the menu.Special Features:
- Have dinner in the barka46033Dined on 4/12/2014Love the bar dining experience in Capri. Lots of energy. The bar opens onto a pergola covered patio for dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomecomingNotafanVIPDined on 4/9/2014Been away from Indy a bit. Happy to be able to enjoy the Capri again. Better than ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2014I was surprised at how nice the restaurant looked. The service was phenomenal and the food was even better. the stuffed pepper was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as great the second time.DolcevitaDined on 3/30/2014I came to Capri first with a group of wonderful fellow Italophiles for a meetup. I decided to come back with family to celebrate my birthday and it was another outstanding experience. Amazing food, friendly and attentive (but not intrusive) service and calm, quiet ambience. I would definitely recommend dining at Capri Ristorante!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will returnMarlin523VIPDined on 3/29/2014Very pretty room. Food was delicious and the waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table DiscriminationMikadoDined on 3/29/2014I picked this place since we were in the neighborhood for and use Open Table frequently. Upon checking in for our 6 PM rsvp, I was asked by the Maitre D "Open Table?" When I said yes, we were immediately escorted to the worst table in the place. A 4 top in the middle of the room, hard by the ice and glasses station (so much for a quiet, romantic evening with my wife). While I was away from the table she insisted we be moved and were moved to a 2 top in another part of the room where we became invisible for the next 30 minutes! When we arrived, there were only two or three tables taken in the entire place. Food was OK, wine list mediocre at best. Never had this problem with OT anywhere else. Wont go back, treated well in other venues
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014This was our 2nd visit to Capri and we were amazed by the amazing, authentic food and ambience both visits. The food is outstanding, from the antipasto to the delicious cannoli and espresso....we don't have a single complaint! The staff treats you like family with the utmost respect. It is definitely a hidden gem that we are blessed to have found!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home made pasta is the bestdomenicDined on 3/25/2014Home made pasta is the best in town. Lamb shanks cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten Treasurejim11Dined on 3/16/2014I hadn't been to the Capri for a few years and forgot what a truly great dining experience it is. If you've never been there...go, and if you haven't been there in a while...go back. You'll be very glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri review in indyCliffDined on 3/14/2014I thought the resteraunt was excellent the service impeccable but a little priceySpecial Features:
- Good Food/ Service- Too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was very good and the server and staff were very efficient. The restaurant is definately overpriced. 2 pasta dishes, 2 glasses of house wine, one piece of dessert and a cp of soup was $95.00
- Nice ItalianteriaVIPDined on 3/10/2014Consistent food Good attentive service Adequate wine list altho nothing special Overall quite good for Indianapolis. Wouldn't be in a larger more sophisticated area ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance!gschippDined on 3/9/2014Capri is a great find, I will definitely be back. I loved the atmosphere and the food was impeccable. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!dawnlrDined on 2/22/2014Absolutely wonderful dinner! We loved the cocktails and amazing dinner specials.Special Features:
- Valentines DayTrixieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Capri is a great spot for good Italian dining in a casual atmosphere. We like coming here on special occasions when we don't want to "dress up" but still get top notch food. Capri never disappoints.
- dine4funDined on 2/14/2014Love Capri- food, service and atmosphere. The wait staff is extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions if you can't decide between dishes. The food is always delicious.Special Features:
- It's a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2014We always enjoy our time at Capri. The food is always prepared well. It is such a nice, comfortable, quiet restaurant. We love their food and enjoy the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 5domesticdebVIPDined on 1/17/2014When we arrived, we were a bit disappointed to see that they had not prepared a table for our party of 5. There were very few people there so it wasn't as if they were too busy to pull several tables together ahead of time. I don't know if they didn't think we'd show or what, but it made us feel a bit unwelcome for our first dining experience. Fortunately, our server, Paris, and the food were wonderful, and made up for any error of preparation on the restaurant's part. By the time we left, the restaurant was packed and had a wonderful vibe to it. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The Capri is always a solid choice for Italian and Mediterranean fare. Nice atmosphere, excellent service, and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Capri is my favoriteStomp442Dined on 1/10/2014The food is always fantastic and there's just something about this place that makes it "feel" right. There is just some kind of "old world" charm to this restaurant that, combined with the excellent food, makes it my favorite Italian restaurant in the Indy area.Special Features:
- Snowy Thursday FindteriaVIPDined on 1/9/2014Our first night out after a miserable cold dreary week in Jan. What a nice find, probably the best Italian restaurant in Indianapolis. Tucked into a very non- descipt mini- mall off 71st street this is a very good restaurant with the potential to be excellent. The only thing, in mho, holding it back, is the rather small and off beat wine list and that the food could be served hotter. My veal was Luke warm making it a tad gummy, and the veges had too much oil on them. Otherwise, our experience was good.Special Features:
- Friends of ours had recommendedMattDined on 1/3/2014Friends of ours had recommended Capri several times this past summer and we'd never made it over. While it's a little out of the way, near a Wal-Mart off of Keystone, it's well worth the drive over. Our food was phenomenal. I had the Gnocchi and usually after about 15 potato dumplings, you're wishing you had something with more flavor, but not here. The sauce and the texture of the Gnocchi were both excellent and very tasty. My wife had the special, which was a pumpkin ravioli with a venison meat sauce. A little risque for my blood but she said it was excellent. The Tortufo was also very good for desert. Service was good, reasonably priced and the ambience is excellent. We'll go back again. I highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Food In IndymarkvfletcherDined on 12/29/2013Capri is a consistent winner. High class ambience, impeccable service, creative menu items, perfect preparation and presentation. Love to come here on special occasions. Be sure and try the Calamari Fritti if you are a calamari fan. It is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBryceDined on 12/23/2013Great all around. I was very impressed with the mood. Our server was Italian and very informative. I couldn't be happier. Will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianaehwDined on 12/23/2013Had a great meal with friends. Special included fresh pasta with great sausage sauce.Special Features:
- excellentshipwreckDined on 12/21/2013Best Italian food we have ever had in Indiana and we have lived here for 30+ years. The ambience is outstanding and my wife said it reminded her of a Italian place on the East coast that she absolutely loved. The food is authetic and the service is outstanding. Great place for a anniversary or date. The wine list was full of outstanding choices also. I would stay away from this place if you have kids its not the kind of place you would want them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereArtsyVIPDined on 12/19/2013We love eating at Capri, especially in the bar area. It feels so intimate and cozy. Arturo is friendly and the food is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri is a wonderful tradition.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/17/2013Capri is a wonderful tradition. Arturo has created a delightful spot to enjoy well prepared food in a comfortable atmosphere. It's particularly appreciated this time of year to find a welcoming and unhurried lunch spot away from the chaos of Keystone at the Crossing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it was plenty priceyXrayDined on 12/9/2013I thought it was plenty pricey for what you got. The place is very pretty and classy.Special Features:
- Made a negative into a positiveBogeyDined on 12/7/2013Ambiance and appetizer was great. Lasagne was VERY good. The baked fish however, was not fully cooked. The Kim and owner were both very apologetic and the entree was taken off the bill. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian in IndybhiteVIPDined on 11/20/2013Capri is the place to find authentic Italian cuisine. Simply put, the best Italian food in Indianapolis!! Friendly staff, wonderful wine list and amazing daily specials.Delizioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic Italian FoodJohnDined on 11/9/2013Visiting our daughter in college we looked for a authentic Italian restaurant. I grew up eating authentic italian food, this restaurant certainly hits the mark. The owner, maitre de certainly knows hospitality. Service was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Italian on N. Sidealvin1972Dined on 11/1/2013Capri does a consistent job with Italian dishes. Comfortable, familiar, not flashy. Always good enough to want to come backSpecial Features:
- Not Happy!HappyCoupleDined on 9/27/2013I made a 6:00 dinner reservation during North Side Nights. The only times available were prior to 6:00 or after 8:30. When we arrived, we were immediately seated indoors. The interior of the restaurant was almost empty. The patio was about half full. We weren't even given option of seating outside. By the time we left approximately 7:30, the dining room was barely half full. Our waiter's attitude seemed to also change once we asked to see the event menu. We certainly felt like second class citizens. My understanding was that North Side Nights was a promotion to gain new customers. Capri failed! We won't be coming back!
- Great food, old world serviceNoNameVIPDined on 9/25/2013Food was very good, and the service attentive and professional. Very nice venueSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Food, service staff... ?BiggeaterDined on 9/24/2013As a former rest mgr bartender/server I know to which I speak. I love this restaraunt because of the food. The service this visit was very disappointing. We had a early Resevation, 1 table in restaraunt Nearly 5 minto"order drinks ", more time for a "special menu" Bar and kitchen were terrific , received fast and perfect. Waiter was disconnected (we were his ONLY" table) Only 4 tables in fine dining area, 3 waiters. Support staff, to assist was not interested. The waiter seemed more concerned that our tip,might not get high enough, than providing a nice experience. I will try again, but if service does not improve, and proactively make the experience, I'm afraid the food , can only carry them so far in this highly competitive marketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spectacular ItalianGaryDDined on 9/20/2013Never had a bad meal or bad service. We love the pasta because its homemade and the sauce tastes delicious. I enjoy a nice glass of red wine & my husband enjoys beer, whatever the server recommends. They were out of tiramisu so had several replacements which were choc or lemon cake & 3 of chose chocolate cake & was disappointed cause there wasn't much cake to it, some sort of fluffy cream drizzled w choc Other choice was cannoli's which my husband enjoyed. I just don't enjoy real sweet desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The Price...BryanDined on 9/18/2013Though the food is better or comparable to places like maggiano's and other locally owned Italian places, it is just over priced. Maggiano's seemed cheap compared to Capri. We ate on the Northside Nights menu, which made it affordable, but the prices really need to drop 5 - 10 dollars an entrée to compete with other places. It really was fantastic though an I enjoyed everything I ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.