Capri Italian Restaurant - Granger
50827 Princess Way
Granger, IN 46530Neighborhood:
Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Italian Restaurant - Granger
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caprigranger.com/
- Phone: (574) 271-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Capri Italian Restaurant - Granger
Our chefs prepare fresh pastas, breads and cheeses from scratch in our state-of-the-art kitchen. Only the finest ingredients are used to prepare your order and your meal is served fresh and hot to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capri Italian Restaurant - Granger reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- DINNER with FRIENDSFinedineinpeaceDined on 10/30/2014Excellent wait staff and food. They let us sit in peace for 3 hours to catch up with friends all the while enjoying excellent food, drink and dessert. We will return to enjoy this excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJeffKVIPDined on 10/8/2014I wanted to find a new place to eat on my regular visits to South Bend and Capri seemed to just pop up recently. It was a great find, super staff, great food and beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I went here with my parents and grandma during a football weekend, and had the absolute worst dining experience of my life. It took over an hour for us to get our appetizer and then another hour to get our entrees. This whole time our waiter was MIA. We had to go to the bar to refill our own water glasses and ask for extra plates for the appetizer. When the entrees did finally come only one of the four was still warm. When we asked to speak with the manager and explained our experience he became very defensive and blamed a large group in his party room as if it was our fault for expecting service anyway. The service all around was terrible from waiter up to manager. The food had potential if it had come hot.
- New Waitress dampened our eveningnotapickyeaterDined on 9/20/2014We were 3 couples celebrating a retirement. It was the 3rd night of work for our waitress. She was poorly trained and was not knowledgeable about the food or wine at all. Any questions we posed required that she run back to the kitchen to ask the cook. (e.g. what's in the stuffed mushroom? What's in the special that you just told us about?, etc) Either the cook didn't process the entire order or she didn't order everything. One person at our table only got part of his appetizer and another didn't get his appetizer at all. When ordering desserts, she only took 4 orders, skipping two people. We had to flag her down to finish our order. Our wine presentation was atrocious. The cork broke off and the waiter took off. We had no idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine4funDined on 9/5/2014We had a fabulous time at Capri. We live in Indianapolis and frequent the Capri there. I think that the food was even better in Granger, and it is awesome in Indy. The service was great; our waiter was so attentive.Special Features:
- Great new venue for MichianaJohnDined on 8/29/2014Capri Ristorante is a wonderful find. Excellent food, beautiful ambiance, careful attention and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Capri Italian Restaurant - Granger reviews archive.
- Outstanding dining experiencepabloVIPDined on 7/28/2014Capri Italian Restaurant is a beautifully appointed facility in a brand new building built for the restaurant. The space is clubby and elegant. The chef/manager, Gino, from Rome Italy, presents an authentic Italian menu and delivers in style. The wine list is all Italian, but has a wide selection. I doubt there is another restaurant in the South Bend area which can compete with the elegance and outstanding dining experience that Capri offers. The prices are reasonable, given what is offered. I recommend the restaurant without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very cozy and comfort foodmikiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our host was exceptionally friendly and helpful...our waiter extremely attentive. I'd describe as Italian co.fort food 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Appetito!LoraDined on 6/15/2014My new favorite Italian restaurant -- and I'm Italian! The pasta, cheeses and bread are all homemade and that clearly signals the care the chef/owner uses for all of his dishes, his decor, his music and table settings. Full bar - well done; nice wine list and choice of specialty drinks. Nice variety of appetizers and entress -- pasta, beef, veal, chicken, seafoods, etc. Desserts are to die for -- the tiramisu is enough for 2-4 people, but if you're smart you won't share!! Service is attentive without being intrusive- polite, obviously want to please. Chef/owner stops at your table to make sure everything is to your liking. First Class. Love, love, love this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian Food if got themOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Two days after mother's day so it seemed like they are out of a lot of stuff. Good fun and comfortable atmosphere. Will go there again. But you can't run out of ice tea, pistachio ice cream and stuff mushrooms.Special Features:
- Capri reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The food is Great, the one draw back is the service. Our server was pleasant when we could get her over to the table I think everyone at the table finished their water before she even took a drink order. This is our second time there with the same service experience, the food is worth a trip, unfortunately I am not sure the food will be able bring us back for a third due to the poor service.Special Features:
- Quiet gemDanrudiVIPDined on 4/19/2014Have been to this restaurant a few times in past month and it is never crowded. Very difficult to understand because food, service, and ambience are all excellent. Apparently a sister restaurant in Indy is extremely busy. Maybe they just have better taste there. Beautiful place with an incredible large wooden bar that really is centerpiece of dining room but still seems kid friendly. Service is very efficient without being obtrusive. The food however is the star. Incredible pastas that rival those I have had in Italy. Inventive and perfectly prepared. All hand made at restaurant and it shows. Always several specials that others in my group have ordered and I have sampled, excellent. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Local Italian RestaurantRshutes90VIPDined on 3/21/2014We found this place on "Open Table" and thought we would try it. The reviews I had read had rated it as good to very good. We arrived at about 6:30. The parking lot was about half full. Inside, lots of old world Italian decor. Dark woods, black and white pictures of family and friends on the walls. Linen table cloths. As you enter the dining room, you will note a beautiful bar on the left, one of the nicest ones in the area. I had the OssoBuco and my wife had the Ravioli. Both our entrees were very good. After dinner we had a very nice dessert and coffee. Our dinner cost about $100.00 and included 2 entrees, desert, half bottle of wine and coffee. We will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fireside dinnerRckbkDined on 3/21/2014Took my Mom for a nice dinner and we were seated next to the fireplace with a beautiful fire burning. We were both happy with our drinks and meals. Service was excellent. We were there early, so it wasn't very crowded. I hope this place makes it because we need another upscale italian restaurant with a warm environment. I've had too many bad meals at the place that begins with an "M" at Grape and SR23.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining Experienceluv2dineDined on 2/22/2014Our server was prompt in tending to our wishes and needs. The food was very good. It all made for a very pleasant evening with extended family members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Definitely not a place to go spend $100 (for 2) for mediocre food. It wasn't bad, but there's a lot more places you can go for cheaper and enjoy the food a lot more. Our waiter was pretty bad, but that doesn't really bother me much. Several people around us had much worse attitudes about it though. The atmosphere was great and I really wanted to like it, but my pork was dry and the sauce was not very impressive.Special Features:
- Little slice of ItalyFamilydinerDined on 2/2/2014This place is amazing!! Very up class place with true Italians on payroll to make your dining experience the best. Portions at first looked small but I couldn't finish my plate! Rolls are amazing. Anything on the menu you can get in kids portion!! Gorgeous setting! Loved the service everyone was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and authenticScottVIPDined on 1/14/2014Hopefully everyone learns where this place is because it is truly a gem and this is coming from a guy who eats out a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedMikeVIPDined on 1/11/2014I was pleasantly surprised on my last visit to Capri. One of the owners has moved from Indy to the area to manage restaurant. Staff was much improved, there was a nice crowd and the food was great as usual. I'm very glad to see the focused attention. Make sure you make a visit to experience Capri.Special Features:
- Slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013Food was good, but service was marginal at best! Probably will not come back anytime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Meet Expectations1stTimerDined on 12/31/2013Dinner didn't meet expectations. I beleive better Italian food is available in the area. Didn't even have an ice bcket or stand availalbe for wine. Poor waiter had to run back and forth from the bar and we were one of the early couple. The desserts were great. They tried hard but have a kong way to go
- Food is greatMikeVIPDined on 12/28/2013We've been to Capri many times and the food is always great. The servers have gone from people with a lot of experience and attention to detail to very young inexperienced people who need to grow. Every time we go the restaurant is almost empty. I hope they can maintain enough business to stay in the area. We really like the ambience and quality of food, but wish they would bring back the pizza as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time PatronsTomJDined on 12/3/2013Our first experence at Capri was a joy. The food service and ambience were great. We will surely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian FoodkemmansDined on 10/10/2013This was my second experience at Capri. Both have been wonderful. The food is real Italian not Olive Garden's version. I have travelled to Italy and thoroughly enjoyed the food there. This is just as good. The owner Sal was very accommodating to our large group of 11. There is no children's menu but pizza is offered on the appetizer menu. I will return many times as this is the best Italian food I have found ina 100 mile radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitChattiVIPDined on 10/7/2013Very nice ambience to this restaurant, definitely more of the Italian flare to its menu. Great warmed rolls served. Not a real extensive wine list but it was doable. Has a back room with a patio and full bar set up that would be great for private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Near ND is Hidden AwayNDJoeVIPDined on 9/27/2013Great Italian dining in a tucked away atmosphere - knowledgeable senior staff too. Absolutely delicious - especially the stuffed portobello mushroom caps and any veal dish. Worth the drive from town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgaryDined on 9/27/2013everything was great. From service to food. Our only complaint, we were charged for sausage on the antipasto we were never told of of this extra charge, we thought it was included. The dessert was so good.Special Features:
- A touch of Indy for ItalianFathertime4dinnerDined on 9/21/2013Our food has always been very good. Homemade pastas, several veal dishes, always a good fish selection, white table cloths, beautiful wooden back bar, and paneling throughout, good wine selection, nightly specials added to menu favorites. I mentioned Ind because this second restaurant is owned by the same owner of Capris in Indy, Arturo. When his restaurant was by the same name as his many years ago, I had eaten his Mom's homemade pasta dishes and still can recall how wonderful they were! John was our waiter and he is always conscientious and has a classy understated presence.Special Features:
- Great old world Italian foodLSTIndyDined on 8/23/2013I live in Indianapolis, where my family has enjoyed dining at Capri for many years. I'm often in the South Bend area, and was so happy to hear that Arturo DiRosa opened a sister restaurant in Granger. Last Thursday I entertained a client and her friend, who both pronounced their food to be delicious. They are making plans to return soon with some family members. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.