5101 Main Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.capridownersgrove.com/
- Phone: 6302410695x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 4:00-10:00 PM
Friday-Saturday 4:00- 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering can be delivered or picked up. We have a full menu option for catering with full pans serving up to 20 people or half pans serving up to 10 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area serves up to 30 people and pending on the time or day we can fit up to 150 people in the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Brian 6302410695x
- Entertainment: Capri Ristorante has $5.00 martini night every Thursday with Glen and Ross Faila singing the standards. Come join us !!!
- Special Events: On Saturday and Sunday during the week you can hold any event and have the restaurant to yourself. We open for baptisims, communions, baby showers, wedding showers, etc. Contact Brian at 312-315-2525
A word from Capri-Downers Grove
Capri of Downers Grove Is located in the heart of Downtown Downers grove.We offer authentic Italian Cuisine.Dishes like Brasciole, Osso Bucco, hand made pasta, fresh fish, Chilean Sea Bass, steaks,tender veal, and all sauces made to order. There Is a warm feel in the restaurant looking out large floor to ceiling windows of down town Downers Grove. Capri has catering,and carry out we do large parties or small intimate ones. Open 7 days a week. Visit our website to view our upcoming events and specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capri-Downers Grove - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Capri-Downers Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (36)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/8/2014We went on half off wine bottle night and shared a bottle of shatter by Orin Swift. Wine, good and service were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/8/2014This is our favorite Capri. The staff are so friendly and enjoyable to see every time we we come. The food is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't honor reservations!FrankVIPDined on 9/6/2014My friend who loves the other Capri restaurants told me not to go to this one because they make you wait in the bar every time you have a reservation and that the wine pours are tiny. Both things happened last night. Service was also very poor, I don't want to explain all the problems. All this being said the food was good.
- Quick dinner before moviehammerhdDined on 8/30/2014Grabbed a quick dinner before we went to go see a movie. Had been to Capri previously and had a good time. Food was good, but my chicken for the chicken marsala was a little overcooked. Not terrible though. Had a good waitress who gave us space but also took care of us. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Always goodKateDined on 8/26/2014Once again, great food, good service, great evening.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood ItalianCrystalBillDined on 8/22/2014Good food with pricing to fit a variety of budgets. Well worth a visit. I will be returning to try more of the offered fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Head to ToeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was just perfect, from head to toe. Our dishes came out so hot and fresh. It was the closest ive had to a home cooked meal in a long time. What great food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST CAPRIOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have tried them all throughout the years. The Capri in Downers Grove is not related to the one in Burr Ridge. The food, staff, ownership and feeling you get when you have dinner here is amazing. We did not enjoy GiGi at the burr ridge location. That guy needs help. We loved Capri in downers grove. Thanks for a great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/13/2014We were treated like family. I really love coming to the Capri in Downers the most. Everyone was laughing, relaxing and having a great time. The food was to die for. My kids love this place and always ask to go. Thank you Brian for treating us like family. You always doSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parPeterBDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten at Capri at least five times in the last three weeks. We love this resteraunt. Each time we have brought friends and for the first four times they said they were impressed and they definitely would return. The other night, however, the service was lacking and for the first fifteen minutes non existent. It seems no one was assigned to our table and the several tables around us. At the end of our meal, my wife ordered a cappuccino, never received it but we were charged anyway. Our server was wonderful, doing the best she could, but a little overwhelmed. I felt obligated to pay for dinner since I suggested coming. We will return but our friends probably not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed a dinner for 6 on a Monday evening. Food was excellent, service good.Special Features:
- Memorable dishrichcanDined on 7/19/2014I had one of the best meals ever a couple of years ago at Capri; something like "white fish Italiano", but I haven't seen it on the menu since then. That dish should be a standard on your menu. Rich Nolan, 630/310-1725Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/14/2014They had half off wine night running, which was a great start. The food was well done and the staff were all so darn happy. Can't wait to go back. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Happy Hour $ 5 Martinis!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014I have dined at Capri several times over the past year and can't find a negative thing to say about the restaurant. Great food, friendly staff, and pleasing atmosphere. If you are looking for a place to relax after work, check out their $5 top self martini Thursday's!Special Features:
- Bad svc Mushy pastaDwpLjpVIPDined on 7/9/2014Waited with two others at our outdoor table for over 10 minutes for a server to attend to us, as two servers continued ignoring us while serving other tables. Went to hostess and asked if a server was assigned to us and eventually a sullen employee came out. Pasta was mushy and overcooked. Won't go back, that's for sure.
- wedding anniversaryFranDined on 6/28/2014At my daughter's recommendation, I made reservations for a dinner for two. The food was very good. I'm half Sicilian, and the tomato sauce here stood up to my high standards. Pasta dishes very good, eggplant delicious (I've gotten a few extra leftover meals from the one visit). I loved the fresh rose petals placed on the table....nice touch. We were treated to dessert to celebrate out anniversary. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri DGDebbieDined on 6/28/2014The tilapia, recommended by the waitress, was a bit fishy. I was disappointed with that. It was prepared wonderfully, though. My daughter's pasta was delicious - she is a vegetarian. Salads were very good and fresh. Wine was great/extensive wine list. Fresh fruit plate brought after dinner with dessert. Very good! Homemade tiramisu was very good. The gelato was just ok. Service was outstanding. We would return.Special Features:
- Best serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/26/2014Everyone was on key and working together to take on their guests. The place was packed and everyone seemed as happy as we were. Great operationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itindiquestDined on 6/21/2014for my first time there I thought it was great.I requested a corner table when I made my reservation and I actually got it. some places don't even bother with the request. I was so happy about that because it meant alot to me. I would go back there again for sure......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!KateDined on 6/13/2014We sat outside on a car show night. Restaurant was busy and active yet service was perfect! Manager/owner Brian stopped by to day hi and bought us a drink. He is personable and attentive. Food was great! Make a stop here and you will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceDiningout2niteDined on 6/9/2014The food was great , the service was great and we had a window table as requested. We will certainly go back for our regular dining and for special occasions. This is a great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014Capri is one our favorite Italian restaurants. It’s great downtown Downers Grove location makes it convenient. The food never disappoints and they have a great wine list. Entertainment on Thursday evenings makes it an even more enjoyable evening. Particularly, enjoy the Italian singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/4/2014Capri in downers grove has a special way of making you feel at home. Everyone and I mean everyone that works there is genuine and goes above and beyond. Love CapriSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best VesuvioOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/4/2014Had the chicken Vesuvio and it was the best I've had. We got engaged at Capri and that was 1 year ago. The only thing that has changed is it got better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/23/2014Place was packed. The staff seemed to gel while they went around greeting tables. They really worked as a team to make everyone happy. The food was amazing. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Capri!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/23/2014We had the Chilean Seabass and homemade pasta arribiatta. The fish was a huge piece, full of flavor and very fresh. The pasta was like no other. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceyittaDined on 5/23/2014Service and food were great. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At home feelOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/21/2014We finally found a place that makes you feel wanted and appreciated. They catered to our every need. The bus boy Angel was one of a kind. He had such a pleasure in adding to a wonderful dinner. Next time we are in the area, we won't have to think twice where to eat in Downers GroveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 391 reviews are from the Capri-Downers Grove reviews archive.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/16/2014From start to finish it was such a great experience. It was our first time in and we plan to get back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite CapriOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/16/2014We just the the restaurant in DownersGrove. The people that work here are so friendly and warm. The food is the best Italian I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious As AlwaysBillyBDined on 5/14/20145 star yet again!! Homemade rigatoni with vodka. The. BEST of all the Capri restaurants. I have eaten at all. Great service ask for Domenic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an off nightFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We like to eat here, but Mothers Day eve was a disaster. No one was up front to greet us and we did not check in for twenty minutes after we arrived. We were seated 50 minutes after our reservation. The manager was nowhere to be seen and certainly not managing the situation from a customer service standpoint. That said our food was good, though we were ravenous. Our table service from Dan was outstanding and he comped a dessert for our patience. Not a good night, but we will probably go back.
- OverbookedWinnieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Lovely weather complicated an obviously overbooked evening causing a long wait. The manager provided a bottle of wine for the table which definitely saved the evening. Service was great once we were seated.Special Features:
- Sorry Not here.jakkDined on 4/21/2014ordered the Monday special. all u can eat spaghetti and meatballs. 1st bowl was all i could stand. meatballs really mushy. wife had chicken oregano. a little better but not much. Service was awsome. but thats not enogh to get me back.
- Great SpotFood4thoughtDined on 4/18/2014The food is always great at Capri. Although it is surrounded by Italian restaraunts it stands out as the best. The service is superb every time we have been there. They make a lot of the pasta in house and usually have delicious specials. I would avoid the neighboring Gattos. We have been there twice and although they specialize in pasta, they don't make their own. The other Italian joint is Scarlettis, it's like a step above Olive Garden. We stick to Capri, Claras in woodridge, and Angelis in Naperville. Angelis has the best pasta of the three but they are all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014A GREAT find in Downers Grove. Service was amazing. From the time we sat down the waiter was helping us. Food was very good try the grilled salmon and the square noodles. One of the best Italian restaurants in western burbs.Special Features:
- Great As Always!!!BillyBDined on 4/9/2014The food and service was GREAT as always. Ask for Domenic his recommendations are wonderful. He told us abut the Salmon special (to die for) and the rib eye steak gorgonzola. The salads were served on a cold plate. Try the BOMB for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingtrinvickDined on 4/5/2014Appetizers were okay, the server was commendable, but the entrees lacked any flavor at all. The dessert prices were WAY out of line for what was served. Will not go back, nor recommend to anyone. We were very disappointed.
- Always good experienceAtethereVIPDined on 4/2/2014Went for early weekday dinner and enjoyed one of the daily specials plus a pasta from the regular menu. Waiter knew dishes and recommended a wine we would not have considered that was great with our dinners. Like the whole experience and thought put into guests. Starting with the olives and roasted garlic at table to nibble, big selection of entrees, appreciate that salad choices come w entrees, and the mini cannoli is a freak option for a bite of dessert. It's a little noisy when crowded but our three visits have always been good and so we recommend to anyone who wants good food and nice service in a pretty and comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingmarioDined on 3/29/2014Had not eaten at Capri for a few years and now recall why. They consistently do not keep to your reservation time. With a reservation it is always a 20-30 minute wait. Food is very average.