5101 Main Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.capridownersgrove.com/
- Phone: (630) 241-0695
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 4:00-10:00 PM
Friday-Saturday 4:00- 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering can be delivered or picked up. We have a full menu option for catering with full pans serving up to 20 people or half pans serving up to 10 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area serves up to 30 people and pending on the time or day we can fit up to 150 people in the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Brian 6302410695x
- Entertainment: Capri Ristorante has $5.00 martini night every Thursday with Glen and Ross Faila singing the standards. Come join us !!!
- Special Events: On Saturday and Sunday during the week you can hold any event and have the restaurant to yourself. We open for baptisims, communions, baby showers, wedding showers, etc. Contact Brian at 312-315-2525
A word from Capri-Downers Grove
Capri of Downers Grove Is located in the heart of Downtown Downers grove.We offer authentic Italian Cuisine.Dishes like Brasciole, Osso Bucco, hand made pasta, fresh fish, Chilean Sea Bass, steaks,tender veal, and all sauces made to order. There Is a warm feel in the restaurant looking out large floor to ceiling windows of down town Downers Grove. Capri has catering,and carry out we do large parties or small intimate ones. Open 7 days a week. Visit our website to view our upcoming events and specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capri-Downers Grove - Best Restaurants in Downers Grove ›
Capri-Downers Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)romantic (21)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Reservation?w82longDined on 11/8/2014We set up a reservation for 7:15 as it was an option on Opentable website. We ended up being seated at 7:55 at a hightop table with a complimentary drink from the manager/owner. That was not intended to be our final destination, but we decided to stay there. Everything else was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service - good food!OccasionaldinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Have been to Capri before. Made a reservation thru open table for 7:30 on a Saturday night. We arrived at 7:15 and were seated by 7:20. We had to wait to see our waitress for 20 minutes. It was very busy. The manager was mulling around. I expected him to at least offer to take a drink order from us. He did nothing to help his overtaxed wait staff. (He did pick up a french fry from the floor tho.) We waited until 8:05 to get our appetizer. Soup followed closely behind, but dinner did not come until 8:50. (The dinner was very good!!) The waitress was apologizing and offered a free dessert, which we turned down because we were trying to be somewhere else by 9:00. At least they could have offered one glass of wine for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/24/2014Always a wonderful experience at Capri. Food and service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, extensive menucreadeDined on 10/18/2014Consistency. Consistently good food, and consistently the same 1 hour wait after your reservation time to be seated. Plan accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations? What are those?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I had made a 730 reservation on a Saturday. We had to wait another 40 minutes to be seated. There were a few other couples with 700 reservations that didn't get seated until a few minutes before us. The place is small and loud. Other than that, the food was good. They did comp us a free drink so that was nice but wasn't worth the wait.Special Features:
- Terrific Italian fareG21983Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and vine. The venue was extremely crowded and tables squeezed in on floor for Sweetest Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMWwDined on 10/18/2014Service was very attentive even though it was crowded. Our salads came out late and dinner early, but servers were very apologetic and seemed concerned about our experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerluvsgoodfoodDined on 9/25/2014The atmosphere is very nice. They had a "Rat Pack" singer in the house that added a nice touch. Wait staff was very attentive as well as informative regarding the food and beverages. If you have a cocktail you enjoy the bartender just needs a few particulars to whip up your favorite. Serving sizes are very generous and had plenty for another meal. Highly recommend this restaurant for any reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Very taste food but the server stood out as the best I have ever had. He seemed to know everyone. Overall great job!! Domnick was his name.Special Features:
- WILL BE BACK!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We dined here for our anniversary and were VERY impressed. We had Danny as a waiter and nothing bad can be said about him. He was hands down the best waiter we've ever had. The food was amazing, the wine was amazing and the service was amazing. Nothing more to be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't honor reservations!FrankVIPDined on 9/6/2014My friend who loves the other Capri restaurants told me not to go to this one because they make you wait in the bar every time you have a reservation and that the wine pours are tiny. Both things happened last night. Service was also very poor, I don't want to explain all the problems. All this being said the food was good.
- Quick dinner before moviehammerhdDined on 8/30/2014Grabbed a quick dinner before we went to go see a movie. Had been to Capri previously and had a good time. Food was good, but my chicken for the chicken marsala was a little overcooked. Not terrible though. Had a good waitress who gave us space but also took care of us. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Always goodKateDined on 8/26/2014Once again, great food, good service, great evening.Special Features:
- Go to Capri Burr RidgeJerryVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is nice but parking is often an issue. Food is just so-so. Can't help comparing it with Capri in Burr Ridge, which is so much better.
- Nice neighborhood ItalianCrystalBillDined on 8/22/2014Good food with pricing to fit a variety of budgets. Well worth a visit. I will be returning to try more of the offered fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parPeterBDined on 7/31/2014We have eaten at Capri at least five times in the last three weeks. We love this resteraunt. Each time we have brought friends and for the first four times they said they were impressed and they definitely would return. The other night, however, the service was lacking and for the first fifteen minutes non existent. It seems no one was assigned to our table and the several tables around us. At the end of our meal, my wife ordered a cappuccino, never received it but we were charged anyway. Our server was wonderful, doing the best she could, but a little overwhelmed. I felt obligated to pay for dinner since I suggested coming. We will return but our friends probably not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 400 reviews are from the Capri-Downers Grove reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed a dinner for 6 on a Monday evening. Food was excellent, service good.Special Features:
- Memorable dishrichcanDined on 7/19/2014I had one of the best meals ever a couple of years ago at Capri; something like "white fish Italiano", but I haven't seen it on the menu since then. That dish should be a standard on your menu. Rich Nolan, 630/310-1725Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Happy Hour $ 5 Martinis!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014I have dined at Capri several times over the past year and can't find a negative thing to say about the restaurant. Great food, friendly staff, and pleasing atmosphere. If you are looking for a place to relax after work, check out their $5 top self martini Thursday's!Special Features:
- Bad svc Mushy pastaDwpLjpVIPDined on 7/9/2014Waited with two others at our outdoor table for over 10 minutes for a server to attend to us, as two servers continued ignoring us while serving other tables. Went to hostess and asked if a server was assigned to us and eventually a sullen employee came out. Pasta was mushy and overcooked. Won't go back, that's for sure.
- wedding anniversaryFranDined on 6/28/2014At my daughter's recommendation, I made reservations for a dinner for two. The food was very good. I'm half Sicilian, and the tomato sauce here stood up to my high standards. Pasta dishes very good, eggplant delicious (I've gotten a few extra leftover meals from the one visit). I loved the fresh rose petals placed on the table....nice touch. We were treated to dessert to celebrate out anniversary. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capri DGDebbieDined on 6/28/2014The tilapia, recommended by the waitress, was a bit fishy. I was disappointed with that. It was prepared wonderfully, though. My daughter's pasta was delicious - she is a vegetarian. Salads were very good and fresh. Wine was great/extensive wine list. Fresh fruit plate brought after dinner with dessert. Very good! Homemade tiramisu was very good. The gelato was just ok. Service was outstanding. We would return.Special Features:
- Loved itindiquestDined on 6/21/2014for my first time there I thought it was great.I requested a corner table when I made my reservation and I actually got it. some places don't even bother with the request. I was so happy about that because it meant alot to me. I would go back there again for sure......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!KateDined on 6/13/2014We sat outside on a car show night. Restaurant was busy and active yet service was perfect! Manager/owner Brian stopped by to day hi and bought us a drink. He is personable and attentive. Food was great! Make a stop here and you will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceDiningout2niteDined on 6/9/2014The food was great , the service was great and we had a window table as requested. We will certainly go back for our regular dining and for special occasions. This is a great neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014Capri is one our favorite Italian restaurants. It’s great downtown Downers Grove location makes it convenient. The food never disappoints and they have a great wine list. Entertainment on Thursday evenings makes it an even more enjoyable evening. Particularly, enjoy the Italian singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceyittaDined on 5/23/2014Service and food were great. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious As AlwaysBillyBDined on 5/14/20145 star yet again!! Homemade rigatoni with vodka. The. BEST of all the Capri restaurants. I have eaten at all. Great service ask for Domenic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an off nightFoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We like to eat here, but Mothers Day eve was a disaster. No one was up front to greet us and we did not check in for twenty minutes after we arrived. We were seated 50 minutes after our reservation. The manager was nowhere to be seen and certainly not managing the situation from a customer service standpoint. That said our food was good, though we were ravenous. Our table service from Dan was outstanding and he comped a dessert for our patience. Not a good night, but we will probably go back.
- OverbookedWinnieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Lovely weather complicated an obviously overbooked evening causing a long wait. The manager provided a bottle of wine for the table which definitely saved the evening. Service was great once we were seated.Special Features:
- Sorry Not here.jakkDined on 4/21/2014ordered the Monday special. all u can eat spaghetti and meatballs. 1st bowl was all i could stand. meatballs really mushy. wife had chicken oregano. a little better but not much. Service was awsome. but thats not enogh to get me back.
- Great SpotFood4thoughtDined on 4/18/2014The food is always great at Capri. Although it is surrounded by Italian restaraunts it stands out as the best. The service is superb every time we have been there. They make a lot of the pasta in house and usually have delicious specials. I would avoid the neighboring Gattos. We have been there twice and although they specialize in pasta, they don't make their own. The other Italian joint is Scarlettis, it's like a step above Olive Garden. We stick to Capri, Claras in woodridge, and Angelis in Naperville. Angelis has the best pasta of the three but they are all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014A GREAT find in Downers Grove. Service was amazing. From the time we sat down the waiter was helping us. Food was very good try the grilled salmon and the square noodles. One of the best Italian restaurants in western burbs.Special Features:
- Great As Always!!!BillyBDined on 4/9/2014The food and service was GREAT as always. Ask for Domenic his recommendations are wonderful. He told us abut the Salmon special (to die for) and the rib eye steak gorgonzola. The salads were served on a cold plate. Try the BOMB for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingtrinvickDined on 4/5/2014Appetizers were okay, the server was commendable, but the entrees lacked any flavor at all. The dessert prices were WAY out of line for what was served. Will not go back, nor recommend to anyone. We were very disappointed.
- Always good experienceAtethereVIPDined on 4/2/2014Went for early weekday dinner and enjoyed one of the daily specials plus a pasta from the regular menu. Waiter knew dishes and recommended a wine we would not have considered that was great with our dinners. Like the whole experience and thought put into guests. Starting with the olives and roasted garlic at table to nibble, big selection of entrees, appreciate that salad choices come w entrees, and the mini cannoli is a freak option for a bite of dessert. It's a little noisy when crowded but our three visits have always been good and so we recommend to anyone who wants good food and nice service in a pretty and comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingmarioDined on 3/29/2014Had not eaten at Capri for a few years and now recall why. They consistently do not keep to your reservation time. With a reservation it is always a 20-30 minute wait. Food is very average.
- EXCELLENTDonnieADined on 3/29/20145 Star from Service to Food. Busy Saturday Night sat within 5 minutes of our reservation!!! Service was impeccable. The waiter who seemed to know EVERYONE in the room was named Dom. Ask for HIM!!!! He recommended the Calamari Capri it was wonderful with a hint of red pepper flakes. The veal parm and salmon special were great!!! Both served with either a house salad or cesar or soup of the day. Too bad we were full the Banana Fosters served table side looked yummy.....Truly a GREAT place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent service andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014Always excellent service and the food is always good. Capri in Downers Grove is one of our favorite places to dine in the western suburbs.Special Features:
- Wow Oh WowBillyBDined on 3/27/2014Been to Capri many times and EVERY TIME is gets better and better. Seated at a table by the window we were greeted by Domenic (see his reviews). He helped us decide on our wine (A Superb Super Tuscan) guided us through your decisions... Homemade rigatoni with ground sausage and peas and Seabass with these delicious sweet and sour peppers. A delightful meal!!! Keep up the good work!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.